scottybo

TV Deals Thread

552 posts in this topic

I join with Slapdash, does anyone know if these are going to be available on-line? Standing in line at Sears at 5:00 am hoping to get one the 8-10 total tv's they have just doesn't sound appealing. Especially since I am looking to buy two of them.

I join with Slapdash, does anyone know if these are going to be available on-line? Standing in line at Sears at 5:00 am hoping to get one the 8-10 total tv's they have just doesn't sound appealing. Especially since I am looking to buy two of them.

The Sears deal starts at 8pm on Thanksgiving (where allowed by law). On the plus side that means no standing outside all night. And the negative side that means no Thanksgiving dinner or football. As much as I want a 50" for that price not sure I can pull off missing dinner to wait in line.

Next evolution of this thread....Mounts.Any good experiences? I'm looking to pick up a 50" and a 32". Thoughts?

Monoprice.com
I second this. Monoprice and don't look back. Also get all your cables there, no need for the $100 HDMI cable or monster speaker wires from BB.

Great list scottybo. Just a heads up incase it wasn't mentioned, the 40" Toshiba for $180 is a doorbuster (have to be one of the first 40 or so people in line)

Anybody see any solid deals on a 32"-37" TV that has WiFi apps built in? Or any good BR players that handle the Apps well?

Just saw on the bfads site that Amazon released some of their prices. They are matching the prices of some of the deals already listed, including that 40" doorbuster.

Coby LEDTV2326 23-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV/Monitor - $78

Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $97

Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $179

TCL L42FHDE30 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim-Bezel LCD HDTV - $179

Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C5 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV - $189

Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV - $248

Hiteker TL50Z10AH-TP 50-Inch 60Hz LCD TV - $288

Samsung UN46EH5300 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - $598

VIZIO E601-A3 60" 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart FHDTV - $688

Panasonic VIERA TC-L55ET5 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV with 4 Pairs of Polarized 3D Glasses - $899

Sceptre Inc. SB20202B Home Theater Technology - $38

Roku HD Streaming Player - $39

Panasonic DMP-BD87 Ultra-Fast Booting Blu-ray Disc Player - $68

Samsung HW-E350 AirTrack Soundbar - $98

Edited by Flyin Pigs

Sam's Club Invitation only event this Sunday. The 60" Vizio listed above will be $698. Jump on it if you get the invite.

Should I plan on stampeding over old ladies and little children in the middle of the night at WalMart for this deal, or is there a better way? What are the odds of getting this at a more reasonable time on Friday? (6 or 7am-ish?) Any shot of getting this online at Amazon?

If I went and bought this today at WalMart for $998, would they pricematch if I took the receipt back on black friday?

Does anyone have any black friday experience? It's the one day of the year I typically don't leave the house!

TIA

Can I get some input here..

According to Amazon, I purchased "VIZIO SV470M 47-inch 1080p LCD HDTV with 120 Hz Smooth Motion" in 2010. Absolutely love it. Perfect TV in my opinion.

Time to buy a TV for my living room now and I'm pretty much looking for something right along these lines. Not looking to break the bank but looking for something in the 47-55 range that would be comparable to the above.

Suggestions?

Can I get some input here..

According to Amazon, I purchased "VIZIO SV470M 47-inch 1080p LCD HDTV with 120 Hz Smooth Motion" in 2010. Absolutely love it. Perfect TV in my opinion.

Time to buy a TV for my living room now and I'm pretty much looking for something right along these lines. Not looking to break the bank but looking for something in the 47-55 range that would be comparable to the above.

Suggestions?

Are you looking to hit up Black Friday lines or just shop online?

55" Insignia for $600 at Best Buy is your best shot at not breaking the bank, but still getting a good quality TV.

Edited by scottybo

Just saw on the bfads site that Amazon released some of their prices. They are matching the prices of some of the deals already listed, including that 40" doorbuster.Coby LEDTV2326 23-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV/Monitor - $78Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $97Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $179TCL L42FHDE30 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim-Bezel LCD HDTV - $179Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C5 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV - $189Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV - $248Hiteker TL50Z10AH-TP 50-Inch 60Hz LCD TV - $288Samsung UN46EH5300 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - $598VIZIO E601-A3 60" 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart FHDTV - $688Panasonic VIERA TC-L55ET5 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV with 4 Pairs of Polarized 3D Glasses - $899Sceptre Inc. SB20202B Home Theater Technology - $38Roku HD Streaming Player - $39Panasonic DMP-BD87 Ultra-Fast Booting Blu-ray Disc Player - $68Samsung HW-E350 AirTrack Soundbar - $98

Not sure this is accurate. Haven't seen this at the usual places.

Anybody see any solid deals on a 32"-37" TV that has WiFi apps built in? Or any good BR players that handle the Apps well?

The market for Smart TV of that size is pretty small as is the selection. Haven't seen any BF deals yet. Better off searching for a BluRay with apps.

This Samsung is a good deal for $70. Only $2 more than BF.

This Sony is a better player for $100. Same price as BF.

Edited by scottybo

Can you generally get equally great deals online as you can waiting in line on Black Friday?

Can you generally get equally great deals online as you can waiting in line on Black Friday?

The 55" Samsung I just posted above is only $78 more than BF right now on $1100-1200 normally priced TV. There ARE deals online, just not in abundance.

Thanks Scotty. I kinda have my eye on the 300 dollar Toshiba at Walmart, but I'm just dreading going through hell to get it.

Thanks Scotty. I kinda have my eye on the 300 dollar Toshiba at Walmart, but I'm just dreading going through hell to get it.

May want to head over to Sears for the $300 50". WalMart is doing a 50" Emerson.

VIZIO E601-A3 60" 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart FHDTV - $688Should I plan on stampeding over old ladies and little children in the middle of the night at WalMart for this deal, or is there a better way? What are the odds of getting this at a more reasonable time on Friday? (6 or 7am-ish?) Any shot of getting this online at Amazon?If I went and bought this today at WalMart for $998, would they pricematch if I took the receipt back on black friday?Does anyone have any black friday experience? It's the one day of the year I typically don't leave the house!TIA

:goodposting: Would really love the answers to these questions. Edited by BigTex

Should I plan on stampeding over old ladies and little children in the middle of the night at WalMart for this deal, or is there a better way? What are the odds of getting this at a more reasonable time on Friday? (6 or 7am-ish?) Any shot of getting this online at Amazon?

If I went and bought this today at WalMart for $998, would they pricematch if I took the receipt back on black friday?

Does anyone have any black friday experience? It's the one day of the year I typically don't leave the house!

TIA

:goodposting:

Would really love the answers to these questions.

The answer is NO. The products are specially labeled and the priced is only for a certain time and day so when they are scanned you will receive the price reduction. The BF products will be pulled out before the sale and the stampeding can begin!

Scotty, any thoughts on buying the offbrand tvs?? I bought an Olevia 42" tv on BF 5 years ago. A year after that Olevia went bankrupt, and then the TV started having issues. Twice I have had to re-soder capacitors into the power board since they kept failing, the TV will randomly turn off, sound goes, image locks.... I am looking to replace it. Obviously name brands cost more.

Do you know anything about TCL/Haier/Coby... and their quality??

I am a vendor that goes into WalMart and I peeked at their TVs today. A very mediocre WalMart has 15 of the 60" Vizio's. Good chances here that most have that many and maybe more.

Scotty, any thoughts on buying the offbrand tvs?? I bought an Olevia 42" tv on BF 5 years ago. A year after that Olevia went bankrupt, and then the TV started having issues. Twice I have had to re-soder capacitors into the power board since they kept failing, the TV will randomly turn off, sound goes, image locks.... I am looking to replace it. Obviously name brands cost more.Do you know anything about TCL/Haier/Coby... and their quality??

TCL uses Samsung panels for the most part, good quality TV. I have no opinion on the other two but reviews and in-store picture quality seem that they are best suited for elderly or a kid....someone that just wants to HAVE a tv.

Best Buy Premier Member sale just started. Here are some of the TV deals:

Only $799.99

Samsung 55" class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV.

Only $999.99

Sharp AQUOS 60" class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV.

Sale price extends beyond the duration of this event.

Only $599.99

Insignia™ 55" class LCD 1080p 120Hz HDTV.

Only $399.99

Toshiba 50" class LED 1080p HDTV.

Only $899.99

Panasonic 55" class LED 1080p 120Hz 3D smart HDTV. Includes four pairs of 3D glasses.

Save $1,050

on Panasonic 55" class LED 1080p 120Hz 3D smart HDTV and 2.1-channel home theater speaker system with wireless subwoofer. Only $1,049.98.

Only $99.99

Insignia 26" class LED 1080p HDTV.

Only $159.99

LG 24" class LED 720p HDTV.

Only $247.99

Samsung 32" class LED 720p HDTV.

Only $397.99

Samsung 39" class LED 1080p HDTV.

Only $477.99

Samsung 51" class plasma 720p HDTV.

TIA

The answer is NO. The products are specially labeled and the priced is only for a certain time and day so when they are scanned you will receive the price reduction. The BF products will be pulled out before the sale and the stampeding can begin!

Good to know. The WalMart add indicates that this deal is available at 10pm on Thursday. I'll prolly go light on the Turkey so I'm awake and not in my typical post-feast slug-mode. I might have to be quick on my feets. I wonder what kind of quantity they'll have!?!

I am a vendor that goes into WalMart and I peeked at their TVs today. A very mediocre WalMart has 15 of the 60" Vizio's. Good chances here that most have that many and maybe more.

Thanks for the update! This is good info... So you're saying there's a chance!

TIA

Good to know. The WalMart add indicates that this deal is available at 10pm on Thursday. I'll prolly go light on the Turkey so I'm awake and not in my typical post-feast slug-mode. I might have to be quick on my feets. I wonder what kind of quantity they'll have!?!

I'm guessing you'll need to be in line just after you finish lunch in order to get a 60".

Target has a 40inch Westinghouse LCD 1080p for 279.00.Just bought this one for the bedroom, $302.02 w/tax.Looking for a bigger one for the livingroom now.

What is Target's return policy? Take the Westinghouse back ASAP if possible.
I agree 100%.
Why??
Westinghouse TV's are usually the bare basic TV. You don't get a lot out of them. This particular one is priced right, though. It would be OK for a bedroom or kid TV but not much else. Most reputable reviews have poor sound ratings and average picture quality. Can't really expect much for a $300 40" though. Get some external speakers.
Thanks for the reply.
i have a westinghouse 32 and the sound is off by almost a second.. hard to notice but once you do theres no going back

all these cheap tv deals at walmart etc

i cant imagine how many fist fights will break out when people who waited 15 hours in line figure out there are only 1-10 of them per store :popcorn:

TIA

Just posted info above on the 60" Vizio. A medium scale WM had 15. Larger ones probably get 20-25. I hit large scale WM in a little while and will check it out.

TIA

Just posted info above on the 60" Vizio. A medium scale WM had 15. Larger ones probably get 20-25. I hit large scale WM in a little while and will check it out.
25 at the area's busiest WM.

Newbie Question - dhy does MHz matter when purchasing a tv? What does 120 MHz provide that 60 MHz doesnt?

Thanks.

Newbie Question - dhy does MHz matter when purchasing a tv? What does 120 MHz provide that 60 MHz doesnt?Thanks.

Faster refresh rate = crisper picture with fast motion, i.e. sports.

Newbie Question - dhy does MHz matter when purchasing a tv? What does 120 MHz provide that 60 MHz doesnt?Thanks.

Faster refresh rate = crisper picture with fast motion, i.e. sports.
further clarification - it only matters with lcd/led. plasma MHz is a non-issue (and better than both for motion).

Thanks guys.

One more question: Are the deals being posted in this thread expected to go down in price as Friday approaches? Or is this it? (in which case I should buy now).

Thanks guys. One more question: Are the deals being posted in this thread expected to go down in price as Friday approaches? Or is this it? (in which case I should buy now).

These are the deals that correspond to the Black Friday ads. Different deals roll out at different times. Check that ad.