What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Deals Thread (1 Viewer)

I don't know where else to vent, so I'll post here.

I bought a 24" LED monitor from Amazon for $160 on Cyber monday. Today I see the same item for $150. FUINTA Amazon!! :hot:

I don't know where else to vent, so I'll post here.I bought a 24" LED monitor from Amazon for $160 on Cyber monday. Today I see the same item for $150. FUINTA Amazon!! :hot:
I've made a mental note, better deals are after Cyber Money.......bought a 50" LG Plas 1080p 600 Hz for 475.00!

I don't know where else to vent, so I'll post here.

I bought a 24" LED monitor from Amazon for $160 on Cyber monday. Today I see the same item for $150. FUINTA Amazon!! :hot:
I've made a mental note, better deals are after Cyber Money.......bought a 50" LG Plas 1080p 600 Hz for 475.00!
link?
I bought this: $400.00 Gift Card + Free $75.00To buy this: 50" LG Plasma

In order to use both GCs you MUST order thru Chat or on the phone. Do not purchase online! If you use/have a Discover Card you'll get an additional 10% of by the way.

I love this one too: Samsung PN51E490 51" Class 720p 600Hz 3D Plasma TV $429.00

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's not Black Friday anymore, but is this a good deal?:

Condition: New

Packaging: Retail

Warranty: 1 Year

Manufacturer: Westinghouse

Model: CW40T2RW

40" High Def, 1080p LCD for $279.99. I need to know quick. There's just about 11 hrs left.

I know it's not Black Friday anymore, but is this a good deal?:Condition: NewPackaging: RetailWarranty: 1 YearManufacturer: WestinghouseModel: CW40T2RW40" High Def, 1080p LCD for $279.99. I need to know quick. There's just about 11 hrs left.
Where you seeing that at, Bob?

Is 600 hz refresh on Plasmas good enough, or do I need to go higher (thinking 50"). I'm thinking Plasma because they are so much cheaper than LCD now, is there a reason for that?

how do you guys like this one:

link

60" LG, 1080P plasma, 600 hz, $800.

ETA: amazon has same price w/ free shipping.

Is 600 hz refresh on Plasmas good enough, or do I need to go higher (thinking 50"). I'm thinking Plasma because they are so much cheaper than LCD now, is there a reason for that?
Just picked up a Samsung 43" Plasma from HHGregg (model E450) for $379. Originally was $479 on Amazon. My son has had a Plasma in his bedroom for a few years and has no complaints.

'Bob Loblaw said:
'Slapdash said:
'Bob Loblaw said:
I know it's not Black Friday anymore, but is this a good deal?:Condition: NewPackaging: RetailWarranty: 1 YearManufacturer: WestinghouseModel: CW40T2RW40" High Def, 1080p LCD for $279.99. I need to know quick. There's just about 11 hrs left.
Where you seeing that at, Bob?
1saleaday
Good deal for a very basic TV.

'Maddenf said:
I don't understand the question. ALL plasmas have 600Hz refresh rates, and yes it is by far better than anything an LCD/LED can offer. Though I doubt you are able to notice a difference between a 240Hz LED and a 600Hz plasma.

'moleculo said:

link

Very nice. Sub $1K 60" TVs are becoming a pricing standard.
yeah, looking around I noticed a lot of places have this TV for $800. You think this is here to stay?
The pricing standard or the price for this TV?
the pricing standard. Can we expect sub $900 60" TV's next year?

'moleculo said:

link

Very nice. Sub $1K 60" TVs are becoming a pricing standard.
yeah, looking around I noticed a lot of places have this TV for $800. You think this is here to stay?
The pricing standard or the price for this TV?
the pricing standard. Can we expect sub $900 60" TV's next year?
Definitely. I'm no expert in the field of economics, but I'd say you could expect $750 to be a rock bottom. Outside of holidays/football season $850 or so.

'Maddenf said:
I don't understand the question. ALL plasmas have 600Hz refresh rates, and yes it is by far better than anything an LCD/LED can offer. Though I doubt you are able to notice a difference between a 240Hz LED and a 600Hz plasma.
I had barely looked into plasmas, so wasn't sure 600 hz was it. And I've never seen LCD over 120 so good to know. Just wondering why 50" plasmas seem to be 700-800 and LCDs in that size often run over 1,000

'Maddenf said:
Just picked up a Samsung 43" Plasma from HHGregg (model E450) for $379. Originally was $479 on Amazon. My son has had a Plasma in his bedroom for a few years and has no complaints.
Bought this same TV a week ago for my mom for x-mas ($399 on Amazon). Not a lot of bells and whistles but its supposed to be a solid performer, and has a lot of good reviews for an entry level 720p plasma.

Thanks man - but I have no idea what to get. I have a 50" Sony projection TV that I've been hoping will die. I almost went with a projector and 100" screen but couldn't pull the trigger. Some of what you posted are very tempting, particularly the 60" Vizio, 70" Sharp, and 64" Samsung 3D.

Thanks man - but I have no idea what to get. I have a 50" Sony projection TV that I've been hoping will die. I almost went with a projector and 100" screen but couldn't pull the trigger. Some of what you posted are very tempting, particularly the 60" Vizio, 70" Sharp, and 64" Samsung 3D.
I have that 70" Sharp and I like it a lot.I also have one of the 60" Vizios and its also very nice.I would recommend both

I have that 70" Sharp and I like it a lot.I also have one of the 60" Vizios and its also very nice.I would recommend both
Thanks dude, appreciate it. Is the 10" extra worth $700?

Its pretty impressive. And I think that its probably a bit higher quality than the Vizio, so I'd lean yes.

Its pretty impressive. And I think that its probably a bit higher quality than the Vizio, so I'd lean yes.
You confirmed what I was thinking. Only problem is I see the Sharp is not available for delivery (sold out online?). I could pick it up in store but I'm guessing it won't fit in a CRV right?

I have that 70" Sharp and I like it a lot.I also have one of the 60" Vizios and its also very nice.

I would recommend both
You confirmed what I was thinking. Only problem is I see the Sharp is not available for delivery (sold out online?). I could pick it up in store but I'm guessing it won't fit in a CRV right?
Product AvailabilityDelivery: Most Areas

My 60" Vizio stood up in the floor (back seat) of my extended cab pickup with room to spare. I think you should be fine. LED's are OK to lean on their side if you need to. But measuring first always helps.

Box dimensions for the 70" is 40" tall, 70" wide and 12" deep.

Samsung/Sony need to get into the 80/90" market so we can start driving those prices down to almost nothing too.

Scotty- would you agree TV size is more a matter of room size than price? i.e. a $x 50" tv may be better than a $x 55" tv depending on room size?

Scotty- would you agree TV size is more a matter of room size than price? i.e. a $x 50" tv may be better than a $x 55" tv depending on room size?
Room size is a definite factor. I sit about 10 feet away from my 60" and about 6 feet away from my 37". Viewing distance should be considered in any TV purchase. 5" isn't much of a factor though. A 55" TV is only 10% larger than a 50".

I need a 60" slim TV. Would like to spend up to $1,200 but can go a little better.

There's a good deal on Newegg but it comes with a $600 Dell credit that I can't use. I can sell it I suppose.

LINK

The problem I'm running into is too much research. I read all the reviews and the few that aren't good dissuade me.

Room size is a definite factor. I sit about 10 feet away from my 60" and about 6 feet away from my 37". Viewing distance should be considered in any TV purchase. 5" isn't much of a factor though. A 55" TV is only 10% larger than a 50".
That's not true.

I need a 60" slim TV. Would like to spend up to $1,200 but can go a little better.

There's a good deal on Newegg but it comes with a $600 Dell credit that I can't use. I can sell it I suppose.

LINK

The problem I'm running into is too much research. I read all the reviews and the few that aren't good dissuade me.
So I bought the 60". Now I have a $600 Dell gift card to sell. FBG special. PM me if interested.

Keerock, pretty good deal here. If you can sell the $400 gift card for close to value, you got a 55" Samsung for $600 plus tax.

LINK

Users who are viewing this thread