What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Deals Thread (2 Viewers)

Damn Amazon. That's the 5th BF/lightning deal I've bought this week..and I wasn't even thinking about buying anything. It just keeps happening.

:thumbup:

Saw this and the (supposedly) upcoming 50" at slickdeals but no one knew when they'd go on sale. Was considering either a 40" or so for a basement room we're converting into a gameroom/gym. Either that or go bigger in my "mancave" and move the 50 down. This sealed the deal and I jumped on one.
I have such a hard time buying a non mainstream Chinese brand, I almost pulled the trigger but just couldn't do it.

Saw this and the (supposedly) upcoming 50" at slickdeals but no one knew when they'd go on sale. Was considering either a 40" or so for a basement room we're converting into a gameroom/gym. Either that or go bigger in my "mancave" and move the 50 down. This sealed the deal and I jumped on one.
I have such a hard time buying a non mainstream Chinese brand, I almost pulled the trigger but just couldn't do it.
I don't own one but it gets good reviews on Amazon. If they had a 55 instead of a 50 I'd probably give it a shot.

I figured for the price and where it's going I couldn't go wrong. Certainly wouldn't want to drop much on that brand not having heard of them before a few hours ago.

I figured for the price and where it's going I couldn't go wrong. Certainly wouldn't want to drop much on that brand not having heard of them before a few hours ago.
Quick search on the goog says Seiki uses Samsung parts. Could be decent...

Well they are supposed to have a 32" for 98 bucks on Black Friday.

Got the 50 inch Seiki on a Lightning Deal for 229.00. Yeah, it's an off brand.....but its getting good reviews and has Samsung parts. For that price...why not?

Got the 50 inch Seiki on a Lightning Deal for 229.00. Yeah, it's an off brand.....but its getting good reviews and has Samsung parts. For that price...why not?
I didn't see it on lightning deals? Odd
I stumbled on it. I missed the 40 yesterday and checked right around 7:00 to see if anything new was up. It was there...but I don't remember seeing it on the upcoming list. I got on the waitlist and got it about 10 minutes after.

I stumbled on it. I missed the 40 yesterday and checked right around 7:00 to see if anything new was up. It was there...but I don't remember seeing it on the upcoming list. I got on the waitlist and got it about 10 minutes after.
Jesus, that's a sick deal for a 50" TV, I don't care who makes it.

Damn, I didn't see that one either - maybe the tv deals are just added a little ahead of time to the upcoming deals roll?

Right now there is a 20" sekei deal... of course I was successful in clicking on that one :rolleyes:

I thought maybe it would be priced at something ridiculous like $35, but no, $75... so not worth it without a specific need for it. :kicksrock:

No idea on the brand, but newegg has a Changhong 50" 1080p LED for $379 / free shipping.
One of those old brands (Chinese) that's trying to catch up in today's market like RCA/Philips. Iffy purchase, I wouldn't do it unless you just don't care about wasting $400.
The look on your friends faces when you tell them you bought a Changhong TV has to be worth at least sixty bucks.
Should be ChangDong IMO

No idea on the brand, but newegg has a Changhong 50" 1080p LED for $379 / free shipping.
One of those old brands (Chinese) that's trying to catch up in today's market like RCA/Philips. Iffy purchase, I wouldn't do it unless you just don't care about wasting $400.
The look on your friends faces when you tell them you bought a Changhong TV has to be worth at least sixty bucks.
That is the hardest I've laughed at something posted here in a long time.

Up in Canada, not the great deals you guys have down there, but, I'm wavering between:

Samsung PN51F5300 51" Plasma - $699

LG 60PN6500 60" Plasma $799

Samsung UN55FH6030 55" LED $899

I don't care if it's a SMART TV. Not at all interested in 3D. Just want good value for the buck. Mostly watching sports but my kids will be playing games on it - CoD, NHL 13, etc.

Thinking go for size, but not certain about LG quality. Pretty sure the Samsung are safe bets.

Thoughts?

Up in Canada, not the great deals you guys have down there, but, I'm wavering between:

I don't care if it's a SMART TV. Not at all interested in 3D. Just want good value for the buck. Mostly watching sports but my kids will be playing games on it - CoD, NHL 13, etc.

Thinking go for size, but not certain about LG quality. Pretty sure the Samsung are safe bets.

Thoughts?
Does your room get a lot of direct sun?

[icon] said:
Just picked up a Seagate 240GB MLC SATAIII SSD, Crucial 8GB RAM, and OWC Data Doubler setup for my 2009 Macbook Pro. Total price ~$200 shipped. Will replace the optical drive with the SSD, double the ram, and supercharge my beloved laptop :banned:
And this is in the TV Thread why?

Thoughts?
No sun. it's in my basement, windows are on other side of room.

Thoughts?
I would go with one of the plasmas then, I have an LG in the bedroom and it's a good TV. However, either choice is a good one. Samsung may have a bit better of a picture.

Thoughts?
I would go with one of the plasmas then, I have an LG in the bedroom and it's a good TV. However, either choice is a good one. Samsung may have a bit better of a picture.
Thanks. Your LG doesn't have a humming/buzzing sound when lots of whites are showing does it? I'll be watching lots of hockey on it so if that happens it'll be annoying. I've read some comments on this - specifically with Plasma and seems to be with LG Plasma in particular.

Thoughts?
Thanks. Your LG doesn't have a humming/buzzing sound when lots of whites are showing does it? I'll be watching lots of hockey on it so if that happens it'll be annoying. I've read some comments on this - specifically with Plasma and seems to be with LG Plasma in particular.
Nope mine doesn't and I watch the Hawks a lot. Have a Panny plasmas as my main TV and no buzzing there either.

Hawks64 said:
Socrates11 said:
3C said:
Hawks64 said:
3C said:
East Coast Bias said:
:thumbup: Saw this and the (supposedly) upcoming 50" at slickdeals but no one knew when they'd go on sale. Was considering either a 40" or so for a basement room we're converting into a gameroom/gym. Either that or go bigger in my "mancave" and move the 50 down. This sealed the deal and I jumped on one.
Well they are supposed to have a 32" for 98 bucks on Black Friday.
Whoa. All over that

just set my alarm. Will this link take me to where I need to be to buy it at midnight?
#### nevermind it's a no go Already happened :kicksrock:
So lame, this is the one I've been waiting for. Had the page for item up on my computer past two days. Installed amazon app on phone and put to notify me of lightning deals hoping it would give me notice, but still missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread