Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanatic13

# offense...1oth on D with this 12v team idp championship winning team

came in firs in offensive points scored....plus added Marshall and SJax!2 team...non-ppr IDP

..finished about 10th in D,,,still managed to win it all....

roster is in avatar,,,

Here is my core D,,,horrible..i know...but but played much better second half....

DE- VandenBosh-Tapp-Kiwanuka-Long-Little

LB- Lewis-Greeway-Barton-Winborn-G.Hayes-L.Hill-D.Johnson

DB- C Griffin-Revis-Milloy-Trufant-Clemments-Harrison-Piscatelli-mathis-goofrey...

there are a few URFA out there that may help

DE,,i keep..... vandenbosh and Long....

LB...I keep...Lewis...Greenway....Barton...winton,,,,hays

DB/S...is just a mess.....and i thinkm only revis andGriffen,,,trufant...clemements..are worth keeping???...

I am new to trading for IDP....ANY help would be be appreciated ...

i do have breeze and Cut for trade bait.....but not sure....if i can build REal D around one oif em in a trade,,,

I also tradeded away my first 3 Rd picks,,,12,,22,,36...stilll have secone 3 rds..

Thanks SB winner withiut a d...LEAVE A LINK..ILL HELP U

HELP;;;;;;;;lol

Here is my core D,,,horrible..i know...but but played much better second half....

DE- VandenBosh-Tapp-Kiwanuka-Long-Little

LB- Lewis-Greeway-Barton-Winborn-G.Hayes-L.Hill-D.Johnson

DB- C Griffin-Revis-Milloy-Trufant-Clemments-Harrison-Piscatelli-mathis-goofrey...

Congratulations on the successful season.

I don't think the DL is that bad. All five of these guys have top 20 potential in 2009. Little is the least likely to amount to anything and Kiwanuka is a small risk of moving back to LB, but I think I'd keep the first four unless there's a clearly better option to replace them. You're LBs aren't great, but I don't think there's enough information today to know which are safe to cut. If the cuts must be made before May, Barton and Winborn would go, then Hill if you need a third cut. Very difficult to assess the DBs without a scoring system, but Milloy, Mathis and probably Harrison are the first potential cuts.

Trading with IDPs requires a strong understanding of two factors. Where IDPs should be valued in your league -- based on scoring system -- and where they actually are valued in your league -- i.e. where they go in the draft, whether you can trade defense for offense at all, etc.

I usually want to have a loose idea of where the scoring system breaks, e.g. a LB5 = WR15 = RB15 = QB10 or however it breaks out in most seasons. That's the real value to those players in your lineup. Then, you'll need a idea of whether your leaguemates apply the same logic, or whether they won't deal a backup RB for a good LB or whether they'll draft a stud LB over a third tier questionable offensive prospect in the draft. Then work your trade offers in that framework to get the best value for yourself. Sometimes that means "overpaying" a bit with offense to get a stud IDP or stealing IDP prospects for very marginal IDP talent.

Need to see a scoring system, but I'd cut Little in a heartbeat - he's old, and not likely to help past next year - if he even helps next year.