What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (3 Viewers)

All of the Skyler haters out there will be thrilled when Jr. kills her for taking his bacon.

Why are we so sure that Hank has lost all focus on Jessie?

Hank kills Jessie, Walt kills mike....we are left with Hank and Walt showdown as expected but its a little more tense.

Hank kills Jessie, Walt kills mike....we are left with Hank and Walt showdown as expected but its a little more tense.
I don't think you need to use spoiler tags when you're just making crap up.

I'm not sure about that either. He laid off of Jesse after the beatdown, but Hank knows, without a doubt, that Jesse was involved in the cooking of the blue meth at some point in time.If finding the Heisenberg is the goal, I have no idea how Jesse can do anything without the DEA monitoring him. Even if it's not Hank that's physically doing it.I guess the beatdown was followed relatively shortly by Hank getting shot, then the Gayle/Gus bunny trail, the aftermath of Terminator Gus, and the Cayman money trail. Hank's been a little preoccupied.Still doesn't make much since to ever stop monitoring/investigating Jesse. They are scared of a lawsuit, but Hank would know Jesse isn't the ultimate prize anyway. Just the people he leads them to.If they haven't been on him this whole time (without the viewer knowing), they have to go back there soon.

I don't think you need to use spoiler tags when you're just making crap up.
I don't know, people have been Lolo-Jones-level sensitive lately around here.A lot of :cry: going on by a handful.Ridiculous.

If they haven't been on him this whole time (without the viewer knowing), they have to go back there soon.
Yeah, this is part of the reason I'm fully on board with the theory that somebody in the DEA is dirty. They know about Jesse. They know about Mike. Seems like it wouldn't be very tough to crack this case if they were actually trying.

'Brady Marino said:
I predict Walt Jr. dies in his car
I like the cut of your jib, fella.
I hope this happens soon. We need more Walt/Hank/Mike/Jesse than Walt Jr. sitting around the breakfast table stuttering to punch out a few meaningless lines...
I hope he gets ahold of some blue, bites Skylar's face off and then crashes his sweet ride into a Denny's a fiery head-on collision with Marie's car.
Fixed
missing the breakfast angle and Flynn's deep love of pancakes gets your revised story a :thumbdown:

I see Gus has a new gig. Seeing him in the previews for the NBC Hunger Games ripoff 'Revolution.'
I'm betting we see him later this season in a flashback....will be a nice surprise
Hopefully it's when he tells the assistant manager the secret blend of herbs and spices. I'm a bit concerned about declining quality at Los Pollos Hermanos.
I'm hoping for a Brokeback scene in the Mexican desert with Gus and his 'partner' before they pitched Don Eladio

I see Gus has a new gig. Seeing him in the previews for the NBC Hunger Games ripoff 'Revolution.'
I'm betting we see him later this season in a flashback....will be a nice surprise
Hopefully it's when he tells the assistant manager the secret blend of herbs and spices. I'm a bit concerned about declining quality at Los Pollos Hermanos.
I'm hoping for a Brokeback scene in the Mexican desert with Gus and his 'partner' before they pitched Don Eladio
His brother? OK, double :X :X for that one.

I was just thinking about all the loose ends that seem impossible to address within 12 episodes...

1. How did Lydia get involved?

2. How did the Germans get involved?

3. What is Gus's history in Brazil?

4. Walt's marriage

5. Hank and Walt

6. Jesse and Walt

7. Mike and Walt

8. Mike and Jessie

7. Hank and the entire operation.

8. Saul getting caught

Not to say that all of those things will get addressed, but there is A LOT still going on. It gets even more bizarre to try and predict when you realize that Walt has been very methodical the whole time. He's had a lot of luck to not get caught and he's starting to act a little too big for his britches, but he has always been very methodical. Buying a machine gun in a parking lot is absolutely counter to that. So aside from what I listed above, we have to see how Walt goes from though-out egomaniac to devil-may-care wild-man...and we only have 12 episodes to do it.

I was just thinking about all the loose ends that seem impossible to address within 12 episodes...1. How did Lydia get involved?2. How did the Germans get involved?3. What is Gus's history in Brazil?4. Walt's marriage5. Hank and Walt6. Jesse and Walt7. Mike and Walt8. Mike and Jessie7. Hank and the entire operation.8. Saul getting caughtNot to say that all of those things will get addressed, but there is A LOT still going on. It gets even more bizarre to try and predict when you realize that Walt has been very methodical the whole time. He's had a lot of luck to not get caught and he's starting to act a little too big for his britches, but he has always been very methodical. Buying a machine gun in a parking lot is absolutely counter to that. So aside from what I listed above, we have to see how Walt goes from though-out egomaniac to devil-may-care wild-man...and we only have 12 episodes to do it.
My #1 loose end I want wrapped up is why Walt and Gretchen split. A major part of the storyline since season 1 and IMO whatever happened there led to Walt's emasculation and then his reveling in his new found power. The Walt that bought the house is not the same Walt as we meet in the beginning of the series.

I was just thinking about all the loose ends that seem impossible to address within 12 episodes...1. How did Lydia get involved?2. How did the Germans get involved?3. What is Gus's history in Brazil?4. Walt's marriage5. Hank and Walt6. Jesse and Walt7. Mike and Walt8. Mike and Jessie7. Hank and the entire operation.8. Saul getting caughtNot to say that all of those things will get addressed, but there is A LOT still going on. It gets even more bizarre to try and predict when you realize that Walt has been very methodical the whole time. He's had a lot of luck to not get caught and he's starting to act a little too big for his britches, but he has always been very methodical. Buying a machine gun in a parking lot is absolutely counter to that. So aside from what I listed above, we have to see how Walt goes from though-out egomaniac to devil-may-care wild-man...and we only have 12 episodes to do it.
My #1 loose end I want wrapped up is why Walt and Gretchen split. A major part of the storyline since season 1 and IMO whatever happened there led to Walt's emasculation and then his reveling in his new found power. The Walt that bought the house is not the same Walt as we meet in the beginning of the series.
Agreed. The flashbacks have not shown that critical moment of why he left Gray Matter.

1. probably won't address2. probably won't address3. I'd be intrested, but it doesn't look like they'll go there4. Pretty much addressed from an emotional aspect. 5. s/b coming soon IMO, but can they hold him off for four more eps?6. s/b coming soon7. s/b coming soon8. soon7, see 58. never happen

I was just thinking about all the loose ends that seem impossible to address within 12 episodes...1. How did Lydia get involved?2. How did the Germans get involved?3. What is Gus's history in Brazil?
1. She was a high class prostitute in Mexico whose family fled Germany to Argentina after WWII. She was hired to pose as Gus' wife. Once he found her intelligent and trustworthy, he put her in charge of the chemical operation.2. High powered Germans also know who Gus is from South America3. Brazil is not Chile #geography101

'Wrighteous Ray said:
'pollardsvision said:
If they haven't been on him this whole time (without the viewer knowing), they have to go back there soon.
Yeah, this is part of the reason I'm fully on board with the theory that somebody in the DEA is dirty. They know about Jesse. They know about Mike. Seems like it wouldn't be very tough to crack this case if they were actually trying.
If this was combined with the wire it'd be over already.

does anybody who follows the show here speak German? I wonder what Lydia was talking about on the phone with her colleagues. probably nothing important, but who knows.

does anybody who follows the show here speak German? I wonder what Lydia was talking about on the phone with her colleagues. probably nothing important, but who knows.
I know very little but it sounded like she was talking about keeping tracking of things better, getting security, etc. Basically a Lydia freak out in Deutsch

If there was someone dirty at the DEA, wouldn't Mike have had more than a 30 second heads up? This wasn't a surprise raid, so if there was someone dirty he would have known sooner. I think the most plausible explanation is that Mike had someone watching Lydia (which they also though ont he Breaking Good podcast).

Also, on one of the podcasts a German-speaking listener said they were talking about software development & bugs.

I agree that it wouldn't be too hard to piece together. One look at Walt with the hat, or seeing him (again) with Jesse and/or Mike....

If there was someone dirty at the DEA, wouldn't Mike have had more than a 30 second heads up? This wasn't a surprise raid, so if there was someone dirty he would have known sooner.
Was the guy that promoted Hank one of the guys that visited Lydia's warehouse? Maybe he wasn't in the loop about all their plans, and the Hank promotion was a result of the guy getting scared Hank was getting too close.

If Gus and Mike had someone in the DEA on the payroll, don't you think the laptop/magnet issue would've worked out differently?

Mike did not act like someone that had a DEA card to play. He was ready to run immediately. He only followed the magnet plan because he was clearly desperate and had no other ideas.

Also, with someone on the DEA payroll, would Mike really need to make the fake mailman phone call to locate the laptop? That call was just a desperate attempt to hope a cop would do something incredibly stupid, which he did.

The call was a crazy longshot that worked out, giving them the opportunity to try the crazy longshot magnet plan.

Maybe the DEA guy thought it too risky to get involved in that situation, for fear of exposing himself, but I'm assuming if Mike goes down, he does too. The apocalypse was here and the only other alternative was a really dumb magnet plan.

This DEA agent would've had to assume he was going to jail at this point.

Or maybe this is just me hoping Breaking Bad is above the overplayed "inside man" storyline that's so prevalent in lesser shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Gus and Mike had someone in the DEA on the payroll, don't you think the laptop/magnet issue would've worked out differently?Mike did not act like someone that had a DEA card to play. He was ready to run immediately. He only followed the magnet plan because he was clearly desperate and had no other ideas. Also, with someone on the DEA payroll, would Mike really need to make the fake mailman phone call to locate the laptop? That call was just a desperate attempt to hope a cop would do something incredibly stupid, which he did.Maybe the DEA guy thought it too risky to get involved in that situation, for fear of exposing himself, but I'm assuming if Mike goes down, he does too. The apocalypse was here and the only other alternative was a really dumb magnet plan.Or maybe this is just me hoping Breaking Bad is above the overplayed "inside man" storyline that's so prevalent in lesser shows.
These are some good arguments.

If Gus and Mike had someone in the DEA on the payroll, don't you think the laptop/magnet issue would've worked out differently?Mike did not act like someone that had a DEA card to play. He was ready to run immediately. He only followed the magnet plan because he was clearly desperate and had no other ideas. Also, with someone on the DEA payroll, would Mike really need to make the fake mailman phone call to locate the laptop? That call was just a desperate attempt to hope a cop would do something incredibly stupid, which he did. The call was a crazy longshot that worked out, giving them the opportunity to try the crazy longshot magnet plan.Maybe the DEA guy thought it too risky to get involved in that situation, for fear of exposing himself, but I'm assuming if Mike goes down, he does too. The apocalypse was here and the only other alternative was a really dumb magnet plan.This DEA agent would've had to assume he was going to jail at this point.Or maybe this is just me hoping Breaking Bad is above the overplayed "inside man" storyline that's so prevalent in lesser shows.
All makes sense but why does #### keep happening to Hank just when he catches a whiff or nails the case? He was about to bust this thing wide open before taking the promotion. I loved Gomez's retort regarding Lydia when Hank suspected her to be involved.

If Gus and Mike had someone in the DEA on the payroll, don't you think the laptop/magnet issue would've worked out differently?Mike did not act like someone that had a DEA card to play. He was ready to run immediately. He only followed the magnet plan because he was clearly desperate and had no other ideas. Also, with someone on the DEA payroll, would Mike really need to make the fake mailman phone call to locate the laptop? That call was just a desperate attempt to hope a cop would do something incredibly stupid, which he did. The call was a crazy longshot that worked out, giving them the opportunity to try the crazy longshot magnet plan.Maybe the DEA guy thought it too risky to get involved in that situation, for fear of exposing himself, but I'm assuming if Mike goes down, he does too. The apocalypse was here and the only other alternative was a really dumb magnet plan.This DEA agent would've had to assume he was going to jail at this point.Or maybe this is just me hoping Breaking Bad is above the overplayed "inside man" storyline that's so prevalent in lesser shows.
Wasn't there comments made about the laptop being stored by the APD and not the DEA?I may be remembering that wrong.

All makes sense but why does #### keep happening to Hank just when he catches a whiff or nails the case? He was about to bust this thing wide open before taking the promotion. I loved Gomez's retort regarding Lydia when Hank suspected her to be involved.
I'd still wager on there being a mole, but I find that sequence a little odd if that's the case.I'm not sure I see Hank's promotion as evidence though. And if it is, wouldn't that eliminate Gomez? He didn't have the power to do that. At least it would mean he's not alone.If it's from higher up, I'm not sure giving Hank more power is really the way to slow down the investigation (unless there are multiple moles and one is planted as the new lead on Heisenberg). I'm assuming Hank gets to pick the new lead. That's a problem (unless Gomez is dirty and they know he'll pick Gomez).Giving the man who cares about the case the most the power to decide how many and which resources are devoted to the investigation seems like a bad move.Hank's great accomplishment is really that he never stopped the investigation, but actually putting together the evidence right under his nose doesn't seem to be his strong suit. It seems like a new lead (with a boss motivated to see the investigation thrive) could actually help the investigation.I have no idea though. Just spitballin.

Users who are viewing this thread