What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (2 Viewers)

Don't recall if the crushed brother died, I don't think he did. So if he didn't, how about he takes the place of Tuco's uncle and continues the fight against the chicken man franchise, Walt, et al.
previews showed him sitting up suddenly in a hospital bed

wildbill said:
It's still really easy (prior to a few weeks ago, anyway) to dislike Hank. With his bloated, insecure cop bravado, terrible jokes, and twice now we've seen him fly off the handle and just beat the #### out of someone (one for no reason, one for marginal reason -- both illegal). Not sure why people want to act like he's the remaining good guy. (Not just you Wb, I saw a snippet of an interview with the guy who plays Hank and he said the same thing).
Hank's not perfect, but he's clearly the best of this group. He's good to his wife, he's good to his in-laws, he's a hard-working, honest cop. IMO neither of the two beatdowns he gave were examples of him breaking bad. The two guys in the bar were hardly innocent, and he didn't do anything illegal. What he did to Jesse was illegal and wrong, but it was also understandable under the circumstances, and he took responsibility for it.
I like Hank a lot. Sure, he's made major mistakes and beating up Jesse was unforgivable. But the guy is very decent at his core.
Why was it unforgivable? He thought he screwed with his family. Justified.
Because he is a cop. He (in his words) is supposed to be better than that.

wildbill said:
It's still really easy (prior to a few weeks ago, anyway) to dislike Hank. With his bloated, insecure cop bravado, terrible jokes, and twice now we've seen him fly off the handle and just beat the #### out of someone (one for no reason, one for marginal reason -- both illegal).

Not sure why people want to act like he's the remaining good guy. (Not just you Wb, I saw a snippet of an interview with the guy who plays Hank and he said the same thing).
Hank's not perfect, but he's clearly the best of this group. He's good to his wife, he's good to his in-laws, he's a hard-working, honest cop. IMO neither of the two beatdowns he gave were examples of him breaking bad. The two guys in the bar were hardly innocent, and he didn't do anything illegal. What he did to Jesse was illegal and wrong, but it was also understandable under the circumstances, and he took responsibility for it.
I like Hank a lot. Sure, he's made major mistakes and beating up Jesse was unforgivable. But the guy is very decent at his core.
Why was it unforgivable? He thought he screwed with his family. Justified.
Because he is a cop. He (in his words) is supposed to be better than that.
But he admitted it was wrong and gave a full disclosure on the events to IA and completely fessed up to it. That's his penance, it left him unarmed and outnumbered in a drug cartel hit with two primed assassins... and he got 'em both in after suffering multiple bullet wounds. I think we can forgive him for breaking Pinkman's face.Hank is a total hero, and he's so much better because of his flaws. He was on the verge of turning into Ahab looking for the Blue Meth whale, but he stopped short and took his lumps. Big ups from me.

For those of you who want to be Hank Schrader you can give it a go here

I was trying to guess where the story goes from here...

I think Hank will obviously assume the brothers were hired by Jesse Pinkman in retaliation for the mud hole Hank stomped in Jesse's behind.

Lord only knows where that'll leave Walt.

well, even so -- say what you will about him playing cop there -- he clearly went into that scenario looking for a fight, not looking to arrest 2 criminals.
I think you're missing the key value that Hank possesses and the others lack :integrity:

I was trying to guess where the story goes from here...I think Hank will obviously assume the brothers were hired by Jesse Pinkman in retaliation for the mud hole Hank stomped in Jesse's behind.Lord only knows where that'll leave Walt.
I don't know. I don't think they come across as you average "for hire" thugs. Even that illegal in the truck knew what they were as soon as he saw the decoration on their boot toe. Personally, I think it's the end of Pollos. He gave the permission for the hit. That's why I think the beginning of that episode was so important. It wasn't about the boys...it was about the willpower of Uncle Tio. Up until then, we've only seen him as an old invalid...Tuco even called him a crazy old fool...almost like he wasn't respected. It also shows that he has no love for Gus. Methinks Uncle is going to call in a couple of favors and take the Chicken Man out.

I was trying to guess where the story goes from here...I think Hank will obviously assume the brothers were hired by Jesse Pinkman in retaliation for the mud hole Hank stomped in Jesse's behind.Lord only knows where that'll leave Walt.
I don't know. I don't think they come across as you average "for hire" thugs. Even that illegal in the truck knew what they were as soon as he saw the decoration on their boot toe. Personally, I think it's the end of Pollos. He gave the permission for the hit. That's why I think the beginning of that episode was so important. It wasn't about the boys...it was about the willpower of Uncle Tio. Up until then, we've only seen him as an old invalid...Tuco even called him a crazy old fool...almost like he wasn't respected. It also shows that he has no love for Gus. Methinks Uncle is going to call in a couple of favors and take the Chicken Man out.
They're all in trouble. Hank is outside the RV. Jesse is inside. Somehow, Jesse has the ability to call in a favor to someone who has the pull to immediately get Hank's cell phone number. Hank tracks down Jesse and beats the hell out of him. Jesse threatens to sue. Through the grapevine Hank's boss finds out Jesse has decided not to sue. Neither Hank or his boss can figure out why Jesse no longer wants to sue. On his way home Hank gets ambushed. Jesse is suspect number one.

Great episode.

I think this show slipped last season. The screaming, maniacal Tuco got old quick. However, I think this show has rebounded strong. Breaking Bad rejoins Mad Men as the best two current dramas on TV.

The scene with Jesse arguing with Walter was excellent. I think it's poignant that Jesse says that Hank doesn't care about him. Because by giving up 1/2 his $3 million dollars and convincing Jesse to cook with him, he saved Jesse's life. There's no way the Cartel would let Jesse live if he was arrested running a two bit operation with those two imbeciles.
And puts the entire operation at risk of being exposed. It's almost as if Walt subconsciously wants to be caught. I can't believe Pollos agreed to it. Jesse is like a DEA magnet.

Great episode.

I think this show slipped last season. The screaming, maniacal Tuco got old quick. However, I think this show has rebounded strong. Breaking Bad rejoins Mad Men as the best two current dramas on TV.

The scene with Jesse arguing with Walter was excellent. I think it's poignant that Jesse says that Hank doesn't care about him. Because by giving up 1/2 his $3 million dollars and convincing Jesse to cook with him, he saved Jesse's life. There's no way the Cartel would let Jesse live if he was arrested running a two bit operation with those two imbeciles.
And puts the entire operation at risk of being exposed. It's almost as if Walt subconsciously wants to be caught. I can't believe Pollos agreed to it. Jesse is like a DEA magnet.
I hadn't thought about it that way.

The cousins will be easily traced to Tuco and the cartel. Hank even referenced Tuco to get the story back in our minds.

awesome freaking episode.

I was rooting for Hank to get killed....but only b/c I wanted to see if the writers had enough balls to kill a major character in season 3.

I'm on board with the final scene of the show being Hank capturing Walt

awesome freaking episode.I was rooting for Hank to get killed....but only b/c I wanted to see if the writers had enough balls to kill a major character in season 3. I'm on board with the final scene of the show being Hank capturing Walt
I'm o.k. with the final scene being a moral dilema for Hank. Having killed Walt who reveals to Hank in a gripping death scene the stash of money he has set aside for Skylar and Walter Junior will Hankget it and give it to them, leave them destitute as he turns it in, or will he take it?It would be cool if this story was not so much about Walt and Jessie as it is about Hank and Jessie.

I missed two weeks ago (Hank beating Jessie) but finally caught this week's last night at 11pm Best episode of the season, IMO. GReat stuff with all the characters. I think Hank is actually a very sympathetic character. When he was walking out with the flowers I told my wife, "he's about to die." The fact that he didn't and one of the Mexicans did was a shock to me. Two things: 1. Until now, the Mexicans have figuratively been "death walking" in a grim reaper way. For all of their carnage, they hadn't attracted much/any attention from the police and DEA. I thought they had a sort of mystical presence in the show. But low and behold, they are mortal and end up with the worst of it against Hank. THe second thing that isn't getting much discussion is this: who called Hank? Who would have known the Mexicans were coming for him and would have been inclined to tip him off?

Best show on TV right now, IMO, and it isn't close.

I missed two weeks ago (Hank beating Jessie) but finally caught this week's last night at 11pm Best episode of the season, IMO. GReat stuff with all the characters. I think Hank is actually a very sympathetic character. When he was walking out with the flowers I told my wife, "he's about to die." The fact that he didn't and one of the Mexicans did was a shock to me. Two things: 1. Until now, the Mexicans have figuratively been "death walking" in a grim reaper way. For all of their carnage, they hadn't attracted much/any attention from the police and DEA. I thought they had a sort of mystical presence in the show. But low and behold, they are mortal and end up with the worst of it against Hank. THe second thing that isn't getting much discussion is this: who called Hank? Who would have known the Mexicans were coming for him and would have been inclined to tip him off?

We have talked about this in great length here....consensus seems to be Pollo's cleaner guy

We have talked about this in great length here....consensus seems to be Pollo's cleaner guy
Oh, I must have missed that. I didn't check in Monday because I had missed it and didn't want to spoil it for myself.

Oh, I must have missed that. I didn't check in Monday because I had missed it and didn't want to spoil it for myself.
That's no excuse. You need to get your priorities straight, guy.

Two weeks ago, the wife scheduled a Sunday dinner with friends so we missed it that night. THen we were in a hotel in Chicago without AMC on the channel listing. But i did catch it last night, so I've so far only missed two of the 6 or 7 episodes this year.

Abraham said:
Major said:
Abraham said:

Two weeks ago, the wife scheduled a Sunday dinner with friends so we missed it that night. THen we were in a hotel in Chicago without AMC on the channel listing. But i did catch it last night, so I've so far only missed two of the 6 or 7 episodes this year.
Time to fork over 10 bucks a month and get a dvr. Best thing that will ever happen to you and it isn't close.

After Hank's partner announced the food had arrived, and all the cops left, am I the only one who thought Walt would pull the plug on Cousin #1?

Jessie - Putting his shirt on and rolling his shoulder in pain was the worst acting I had ever seen. Then he immediately redeems himself by calling the orderly a #####. He follows that up with an incredibly emotive one eyed look of wonderment and pleasure upon seeing Hank's condition and tops it off by playing around in the lab, being excited by the shiney stuff, blowing his nomax suit up like a balloon and then suggesting that Hank should go towards the light.

Walt's confusion throughout was classic. His rambling story about his drive to the hospital, beautiful.

Marie- She has long legs, small hands and annoys me.

Gale - Dude just wants to please and was wronged. Anybody who tries that hard to please is wound pretty tight , maybe, when rejected. Particularly so considering what he was rejected for.

Pollo/Gus - Damn I'm liking his calculation and the way he played with Walt in front of Walt's family. I wonder if Walt understands that when Gus extracted Walt's word that means everything to Gus. Walt did not seem to even register the moment. I love also how he toyed with the Cartel dude.

Cartel Dude - His brother is a cop he says. Wierd, so is Walt's. Small world. His brother did not stop the raid or save him. I wonder if Pollo has connections with the police south of the border like he does north, and he helped expedite matters. It seems so, but certainly if not that as yet unintroduced character could get right into the thick of things. After all he can probably liaison with Hank's partner. And what of the "others" referenced by the Cartel guy. Will they be heard from or has Pollo, not unlike Don Corleone, already thought five moves ahead. Does Pollo have all the cops in his pocket like Don Coleone had all those poiticians and judges.

Walt Junior - I hate that kid. Now that his Dad is not so much his hero will Uncle Hank fill that void. With him being able to hero worship DEA guys as exemplified by the book from Uncle Hank might he give up his own father down the road?

Hank - Will he go back into the DEA fold? Will his injuries force his retirement in the final act of betrayal of his world view forcing him out into the cold away from the family he has looked to for identity. Will he now snap and Break Bad?

Skylar - Looking rough lately. Loved the fact that she shut down Walt's attempt at a lie about who was on the phone with just a single look. Her defense of Walt against her sisters emotional attack suggests she is warming to Walt's actions, or perhaps just his financial support.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, anyone thinking that DEA agent head that is always with Gus is his man on the inside? Been a hunch since he knew Jesse wouldn't press charges.

I don't get Mike. I like him but don't get him. If Gus checks out all his business associates carefully would he really use somebody Saul uses. Seems a hit man for a powerful drug lord should be above working for the town schyster, that's all. I need exposition on how he can work for both.

I must have missed this in the episode I missed, but who ordered the Mexicans to kill Hank? Or did they do it of their own accord.

After last night's episode, it appears everything is "in line" for Walt and Jessie to cook and Saul to profit with most of the threats neutralized. The only threat now is Walt's investigation and he's on his back with 5 holes in him. Does the conflict switch back to Skylar and Jr.?

Very :lmao: to see where this is going....

I don't get Mike. I like him but don't get him. If Gus checks out all his business associates carefully would he really use somebody Saul uses. Seems a hit man for a powerful drug lord should be above working for the town schyster, that's all. I need exposition on how he can work for both.
I think the "town schyster" is more savvy then he gets credit for.

So a case of, as Gus said, "hiding in plain sight"? Perhaps.

So a case of, as Gus said, "hiding in plain sight"? Perhaps.
:moneybag: i wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Saul turns out to be partnered up with Gus or even the mastermind behind Gus's operation. No idea how they'd work that angle, but it would be a cool twist.

I must have missed this in the episode I missed, but who ordered the Mexicans to kill Hank? Or did they do it of their own accord.
They were pushing to kill Walt. Pollos gave them Hank to keep them satiated. He told them Hank was the one who actually pulled the trigger on Tuco.

They were pushing to kill Walt. Pollos gave them Hank to keep them satiated. He told them Hank was the one who actually pulled the trigger on Tuco.
So who tipped off hank? If it was the bagman, then he (or saul) have some motivation to keep Hank alive against Gus's wishes.....ANd why didn't Gus just take care of all the Mexicans ahead of time instead of letting them make a move on Hank, which would only serve to fire up the DEA?

Users who are viewing this thread