What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

Why the hell is Walt even staying at home? Skyler hates him and his kids are at Hank's. Just go back to an apartment.
HELLO EXACTLY! She filed for divorce on him, banged another guy, and is now a mopey #####. Why is he still there? He was just fine when they were separated. Divorce. Move them somewhere. Send money. Visit the kids every so often.
Because he thought he could make it work. Skyler just this episode give him the indication that under no circumstances would she allow them to be with him. He's just taken that information to heart.
This doesn't fly with me the way Walt's character has been going. He's obsessed with making the business work, not the family, and Skyler is just causing problems. Even if he still loves her it makes more sense to put their relationship on hold for a while until he can re-establish everything and insulate himself like Gus did.
I think it fits with his character.This isn't really about money, the business, or staying out of jail. It's about ego and power.

Walt isn't Gus. On a number of occasions (Challenger, telling Hank that Heisenberg is still out there), he's done things that make no sense for someone simply trying to grow a drug empire without getting caught.

His ego gets the best of him sometimes, and this is just another example of that. He's ####### Heisenberg. He will have it all. He will win. He sure as hell isn't going to let his wife kick him out of his own house again.

Why the hell is Walt even staying at home? Skyler hates him and his kids are at Hank's. Just go back to an apartment.

A truck stalling on tracks in the middle of nowhere is like 1,000,000:1. Bugged me. The train drivers were a little suspicious, but not suspicious enough. Would have been more plausible to have them mostly unaware of the cargo.

I wonder if they are going to keep the tank in the ground and just siphon off a few barrels at a time, or take the whole thing back? They can't do this trick again. But I guess 1,000 gallons will get them through the end of the series.

And in the way of prediction spoilers.... I'm totally seeing Hank discovering Walt in one of the last shows, Gomez kills Hank and we get the big reveal of him as a mole the entire time. But something is going on with Jesse. This new found brain of his tells me they are setting him up to be a competitor or the ultimate winner/survivor.
There's an obvious moral dichotomy between Jesse and Todd/Landry. There are obviously going to be some schisms moving forward between Jesse and Todd/Walt (Todd having certainly endeared himself to Walt, who will see him as an ally), with Mike somewhere in the middle. And yet, my completely wild guess is that the heavy weaponry we see Walt buying in e01 is meant for Todd. I think he ends up highjacking the entire operation at some point and pushing Walt out.
This would rule.Jesse will never work with Todd after he killed a kid though. I can't really see Mike going along with him either.

The biggest fallout of what happened is going to be Jesse breaking down. I can't imagine the operation continuing with him now. He was a wreck after Gale, he was a wreck after Brock. He won't be able to handle this no matter what Walt says, at least not in a way that would be believable IMO.
But he also feels like he owes Walt after last season, and Walt's obviously got a lot of pull over him. He's talked him off the ledge a couple times, even though he won't be able to forever.Todd/Landry can claim that he was just following orders. Walt will see this as him taking initiative again and doing what needs to be done, Jesse will see this as overstepping his bounds and creating a bigger problem than just paying off the kid or something. My guess is that Todd's star will rise, and Walt will try to limit Jesse's exposure to some of the more hairy tasks they have to pull off going forward.

It'll be fascinating to get more backstory on Todd.

I wonder if they are going to keep the tank in the ground and just siphon off a few barrels at a time, or take the whole thing back?
Seems like it might be hard to move a plastic tank with all that liquid inside of it. Unless Jesse builds a fleet of robots next episode that drink methylamine and fly to a giant tank somewhere to pee it out.
They will use the pump and pump out all of the M into the same tanker they used to fill one of the tanks with water.
Where will they put the stuff that's safer than where it is right now?
What makes you think it is safe? They just murdered a kid there. If they leave it there I see it as a pretty bad decision.

Seems like Todd is the one that has what it takes to be the next Fring
Gus was brilliant, ruthless, and, unlike Walt as of late, cautious. Which is still a step above guys like Tuco who are ruthless, but barely have two working synapses to rub together.We can probably surmise that Walt's lack of caution may somehow lead back to him being exiled and coming back to buy massive weaponry in NM. We don't really know much about Todd yet, except for the ruthlessness.

I wonder if they are going to keep the tank in the ground and just siphon off a few barrels at a time, or take the whole thing back?
Seems like it might be hard to move a plastic tank with all that liquid inside of it. Unless Jesse builds a fleet of robots next episode that drink methylamine and fly to a giant tank somewhere to pee it out.
They will use the pump and pump out all of the M into the same tanker they used to fill one of the tanks with water.
Nearly anywhere else is safer than where it is now. Where it is right now is going to be thoroughly combed for a missing child soon and it's not too far away from a murder scene, this area is completely unusable in about 24-48 hours.

HELLO EXACTLY! She filed for divorce on him, banged another guy, and is now a mopey #####. Why is he still there? He was just fine when they were separated. Divorce. Move them somewhere. Send money. Visit the kids every so often.
Because he thought he could make it work. Skyler just this episode give him the indication that under no circumstances would she allow them to be with him. He's just taken that information to heart.
This doesn't fly with me the way Walt's character has been going. He's obsessed with making the business work, not the family, and Skyler is just causing problems. Even if he still loves her it makes more sense to put their relationship on hold for a while until he can re-establish everything and insulate himself like Gus did.
I think it fits with his character.This isn't really about money, the business, or staying out of jail. It's about ego and power.

Walt isn't Gus. On a number of occasions (Challenger, telling Hank that Heisenberg is still out there), he's done things that make no sense for someone simply trying to grow a drug empire without getting caught.

His ego gets the best of him sometimes, and this is just another example of that. He's ####### Heisenberg. He will have it all. He will win. He sure as hell isn't going to let his wife kick him out of his own house again.
He's hell-bent on building his empire.

What makes you think it is safe? They just murdered a kid there. If they leave it there I see it as a pretty bad decision.
Mike said they were going to leave it there and get a little at a time in the preview for next week. So I guess the guy who knows what he's doing thinks it's safe enough.

Completely agree. After all, his initial motivation is pretty much moot now. Financially, his family can survive on the car wash and his wife hates him. The fact the former isn't "good enough" and the latter isn't his prime focus suggests a totally new motivation - which is basically to be the badass he never was.

All I can say about this season is that I am digging the increased face time for one Mr. Ehrmantraut.

Mike: "And where am I going to shoot you?"

Lydia: "In the head."

Mike: "That's right. And it's a pistol, not a gun, I'm expecting precision here."

If you close your eyes, he sounds just like George Carlin sometimes.

Mike is my favorite character on BB, going back to his "

" speech he gave to Walter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike said they were going to leave it there and get a little at a time in the preview for next week. So I guess the guy who knows what he's doing thinks it's safe enough.
I can't tell if you are trying to be a #### or funny, back to ignore for you grasshopper.

All I can say about this season is that I am digging the increased face time for one Mr. Ehrmantraut.

Mike: "That's right. And it's a pistol, not a gun, I'm expecting precision here."

Agree. This show doesn't focus on many characters at any given time, but it has an amazingly deep bench.

:goodposting:

Agreed. I love Mike so hard. Dude's awesome.

was there any resolution to Bill Burr's character leaving the scene with or without the Good Samaritan?

Surely the hoopla post heist and the gunshot would have caught the attention of the Good Samaritan had he stayed around.

was there any resolution to Bill Burr's character leaving the scene with or without the Good Samaritan?Surely the hoopla post heist and the gunshot would have caught the attention of the Good Samaritan had he stayed around.
He got a ride from the Good Samaritan. In the previews for next week they're shown having sex.

I know we don't have to put theories in spoiler tags, but out of consideration to the whiney dillholes in here, and because I'm so convinced that this is how it ends up playing out, I'll wrap this one up just to be safe:

At this point, I have myself convinced that the machine gun scene = Walt & Todd vs. Mike & Jesse. They split down the middle and battle over the whole operation. Each side has 1 chemist/brainy planner type & 1 ruthless killer/heavy muscle type. That balance is too even to be unintentional – either pair could run the whole operation without the other two. And, in a 'student becomes the master' moment, my money would be on Jesse outsmarting Walt in a big way somehow... leading to his downfall or death.

I know we don't have to put theories in spoiler tags, but out of consideration to the whiney dillholes in here, and because I'm so convinced that this is how it ends up playing out, I'll wrap this one up just to be safe:

At this point, I have myself convinced that the machine gun scene = Walt & Todd vs. Mike & Jesse. They split down the middle and battle over the whole operation. Each side has 1 chemist/brainy planner type & 1 ruthless killer/heavy muscle type. That balance is too even to be unintentional – either pair could run the whole operation without the other two. And, in a 'student becomes the master' moment, my money would be on Jesse outsmarting Walt in a big way somehow... leading to his downfall or death.
I think you may be right about that last part, at least, since
Jesse James was shot by a member of his own gang. There have been 2 direct references to Walt being Jesse James so far this season.

I can't tell if you are trying to be a #### or funny, back to ignore for you grasshopper.
No one cares, you don't own this thread.

ZOMG, I'm utterly crushed....... that I somehow got unignored in the first place. Continue your whine fest.

The better the show, the more disbelief one is willing to suspend. I think a lot of people give BB much more rope than they would another show.Bill Burr rules, btw.
100% :goodposting: This has always been my point when people say that BB is better than Mad Men. IMO Mad Men is the best show on TV right now with BB a close second.Part of the appeal of BB, and what makes it great television, is the dramatic rollercoaster ride they take you on every week. But every now and then the show really stretches the bounds of reality. If you dwell on it you won't enjoy the show.

This isn't The Wire, Sopranos, Lost, etc.
I'm not sure what this means.The Wire is realistic. Lost is the opposite. BB is somewhere in between.
I don't think it's a top show ever.Lost certainly wasn't realistic, so that is a different type of comparison. BB doesn't need to make as many stretches as it does IMO and could be more realistic. I like the premise, and I like Walt basically discovering his confidence with his transformation. It's really good and entertaining though for sure and one of my favorite things on right now/recently. It just was over-hyped IMO. For example, I think it's better than Dexter, but they are similar to me.
Dexter lost me when early on (season 1? 2?) they find all of those bodies in the bay. So a freaking forensic genius thinks it's a good idea to dump bodies into a relatively shallow part of the ocean while they're SEALED in plastic bags?

was there any resolution to Bill Burr's character leaving the scene with or without the Good Samaritan?Surely the hoopla post heist and the gunshot would have caught the attention of the Good Samaritan had he stayed around.
He got a ride from the Good Samaritan. In the previews for next week they're shown having sex.
:lmao:
I hope Burr was the pitcher.
Fire crotch :hot:

The better the show, the more disbelief one is willing to suspend. I think a lot of people give BB much more rope than they would another show.

Bill Burr rules, btw.
100% :goodposting: This has always been my point when people say that BB is better than Mad Men. IMO Mad Men is the best show on TV right now with BB a close second.

Part of the appeal of BB, and what makes it great television, is the dramatic rollercoaster ride they take you on every week. But every now and then the show really stretches the bounds of reality.

If you dwell on it you won't enjoy the show.
You mean it wasn't plausible that Jack Bauer escaped death by exactly one second every week?

The better the show, the more disbelief one is willing to suspend. I think a lot of people give BB much more rope than they would another show.

Bill Burr rules, btw.
100% :goodposting: This has always been my point when people say that BB is better than Mad Men. IMO Mad Men is the best show on TV right now with BB a close second.

Part of the appeal of BB, and what makes it great television, is the dramatic rollercoaster ride they take you on every week. But every now and then the show really stretches the bounds of reality.

You mean it wasn't plausible that Jack Bauer escaped death by exactly one second every week?
Dude, what's with the spoilers?!?!?! I haven't seen them all yet.

Bill Burr rules, btw.

That show was TERRIBLE. Not sure what you're getting at here."You mean Scooby Doo isn't plausible because it's always an old caretaker in a mask?"

Somewhere not in the middle of a search for a missing boy?

This.

This isn't The Wire, Sopranos, Lost, etc.
I'm not sure what this means.The Wire is realistic. Lost is the opposite. BB is somewhere in between.
Exactly. The Wire is more like a documentary. Lost is pure science fiction.Breaking Bad has had a couple unrealistic things so far, with the airplane collision being the biggest stretch, imo. But that still doesn't make it a bad show. Still possibly the best ever, although I think how this thing closes will have a lot to do with that.I've never seen a show that creates tension like BB though. Even with some of the unrealistic parts, I was on pins and needles when they were unhooking the pumps from the train. Just when you were ready to step up and cheer with them as they pulled it off, a kick walked out and got popped. Just gut-wrenching.

Yea...what they are doing makes no sense at all.
And her plan is horrid. She actually thinks she can give her kids away to Hank and Marie permanently? It makes no sense.
I agree, I have no idea where she is going with this. "Hey will you take our kids forever" doesn't seem like a valid option.

I only watched the first season of 24 and agree with Marvin's assessment. Awful.
Well, how can I debate your expert opinion?
I don't mean to debate the merits of 24. I'm just pointing out that "24 was even MORE unrealistic" isn't a great argument to those of us that thought 24 was a steaming turd.
24 was a great show. Suspend reality just a little bit obviously. But it basically invented the week to week cliffhanger.

Users who are viewing this thread