What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (9 Viewers)

'jamny said:
I think they've gone a little too overboard with Walt's character. The whole "I'm creating an empire!" line was a bit cheesy. We're supposed to believe he's gotten this tough over the course of a year and then he timidly allows Mike to pull him around the office and restrain him to the radiator without a fight. Like he couldn't have tried to defend himself while he was being frisked. I'm having a tough time fully buying into this transition.
I think it fits perfectly. Do you know many scientists and engineers? The power trips they have are to do with their intelligence. A lot of them are introverts who talk #### when mere ideas are involved. Once in a physical confrontation they retreat back into their shells.
Right. They know who he really is. It's perfectly logical that he'd have no chance against Mike, gun or not. So why are they buying his bravado? Mike and Jesse should have been laughing in his face after a few of the comments he's made lately. Why is Skyler sticking around, staying in the house? She should have been saying, #### you loser...I'm outta here. I just think they're playing his tough guy persona up too much. It seems a little comical.
this is the same guy who got to Gus.he's not harmless. seems like they respect what he's capable of because they know what he's done in the past.
Walt has gotten the better of everybody he's encountered. This idea that he's some sissy simpleton is ridiculous. He's had his head in the lion's mouth time and time again and keeps coming out on top.
walt used the cartel member to do it.the only direct act of violence ww has committed was poisoning a child.dude is not tough. he gets others to do his dirty work, unless it involves children and then he is brave enough to do it.
I agree mostly with you, but don't forget that he plowed the two drug dealers with his car and poisoned Crazy 8 or whatever with the gas and finished the other guy off with a bike lock. That's 4 deaths with direct violence from WW.

You all are forgetting that Walt actually shot one of the drug dealers at the end of half measures after running them over.

You all are forgetting that Walt actually shot one of the drug dealers at the end of half measures after running them over.
ok i did forget about that.but that was more survival since jesse was about to do something very stupid but yes that does give him a notch in his belt for street cred.and the bully leg kicking of course.

Just joking around, I thought it was funny that this conversation about how tough Walt is just kept going on and on

What has kept Walt alive is not his braun but his brain. He is a master manipulator and this has proven to be more vital than being able to over-power someone physically.

I keep thinking that guy's name is Landry you guys say it so much. I've seen him in a couple movies, looks like a puffy Matt Damon

nobody thought Landry was very tough either until he killed that guy.
I don't think he's very tough since the guy he killed was 10, he got jacked up by Jesse and Mike and now he's all weird with the spider
The kid's prints are on the spider jar. Only remaining evidence.
Of course. Should have been destroyed already, no?
first thing i said...why isnt that in the vat of acid?

I don't think he's very tough since the guy he killed was 10, he got jacked up by Jesse and Mike and now he's all weird with the spider
What about the bike tracks in teh desert? Maybe bagger can chime in here, but the news said that he was last seen riding his bike out of his backyard into the desert. I'm no detective, but the first thing I would do is follow those tracks and see where that winds up :shrug:

We'll see that spider again before we see anybody from Grey Matter

What about the bike tracks in teh desert? Maybe bagger can chime in here, but the news said that he was last seen riding his bike out of his backyard into the desert. I'm no detective, but the first thing I would do is follow those tracks and see where that winds up :shrug:
I was wondering if we're going to see Bill Burr's character get wrapped up in this, since he's the one stranger that was spotted in that area. That's assuming they do find where the tracks end.

We'll see that spider again before we see anybody from Grey Matter
Spider eats fly

Sometimes Saul has this way about him about Walt, like ge knows Walt is self destructing and can't help himself.stbe Saul has something to do with a Walt mercy killing.

'jamny said:
I think they've gone a little too overboard with Walt's character. The whole "I'm creating an empire!" line was a bit cheesy. We're supposed to believe he's gotten this tough over the course of a year and then he timidly allows Mike to pull him around the office and restrain him to the radiator without a fight. Like he couldn't have tried to defend himself while he was being frisked. I'm having a tough time fully buying into this transition.
implausible, maybe, but i wouldn't say 'overboard.' walt all but died in the episode "crawl space" when his transformation to Heisenberg became complete. like Anakin turning into Vader but even better because Walt/Heisenberg hasn't changed on the outside so he can waffle back and forth to suit his needs. he is now an impulsive, narcissistic megalomaniac.
yeah, I get the whole chameleon aspect of his personality but I think the tough guy end of it is being overplayed. When he was talking about building an empire, Jesse should have been rolling his eyes. What empire? Sure they just acquired a lot of methlamine but it seems that even Walt/Heisenberg would realize they're a long way away from an empire. Who else does he have...his two partners want out. Just seems too over dramatic this season between the giant magnet, the train robbery to Walt "Scarface" White who doesn't even care that a kid was killed. Still love the show but have been somewhat disappointed this season so far.
Walt White doesn't know the show only has 10 episodes left. He thinks he's FINALLY at the beginning of something big. He's on his own, in control, and he wants to build an empire.It's not all that confusing or unrealistic.The problem is that as viewers, we know there are only 10 episodes left and that there is no way for Walt to "build an empire" in that period of time. In fact, we know he's about to hit some sort of huge snag very soon.We also are a little impatient as well and ready for him to move on from the "drug cooking" stage to the "complete chaos" stage.Walt's building an empire might seem ridiculous, but in his mind, that's exactly what he's doing. 5 million is chump change when they have enough chemicals to make 100 million.

That might've been my favorite episode yet.

That opening scene was just beautiful.

I loved the progression in the Jesse figuring starting to figure out that old Walt is gone, while, of course, somehow getting himself manipulated even further.

I really liked the scene at the end of the cook, when Jesse noticed how odd it was that Walt was just whistling a tune, clearly not bothered by the fact that a kid just died because of their actions.

To disagree with Sepinwall, I don't see a problem with Jesse not going into his patented downward spiral. He's gone through quite a bit in the past year and it makes sense that he'd start to get better at handling himself after a tragedy. (And I agree that a multi-episode spiral wouldn't make for good TV anymore).

Anyway, I loved the episode. Right down to the extended fade to black at the end. The tension warranted it, I think.

Sorry, you can get back to discussing how Walt's toughness compares to Izzy Mandelbaum.

I think Walt actually is about to start his empire and expand territory into Arizona with Mikey's guy one way or another. Some #### is going to go down these last two episodes, but Walt will be on his way to making major money. Almost a year will pass between now and the first of next summer's 8, and we pickup afew episodes prior to Denny's.

As an aside, AMC really screwed up with the eight episode thing. Just kills the momentum. Breaking bad is all about slowly building tension. We are now spoiled and all want to see "big events" happen. This is about the point in many seasons where things really take off. Yet there are only two episodes left.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR EPISODE 8.

In the final episode, the DEA gets wind of the spider jar and is closing in on Todd. With mere seconds to go before they catch him, and an incinerator lying 43 yards away that will completely destroy the evidence, and a slight northwest wind at 4 mph, Landry lines up a kick of the jar that will prevent the DEA from taking down himself, Heisenberg, Jesse, and Mike.

The kick is up...

In the final episode, the DEA gets wind of the spider jar and is closing in on Todd. With mere seconds to go before they catch him, and an incinerator lying 43 yards away that will completely destroy the evidence, and a slight northwest wind at 4 mph, Landry lines up a kick of the jar that will prevent the DEA from taking down himself, Heisenberg, Jesse, and Mike.

The kick is up...
All accompanied by moody, guitar tuning-up music.

The kick is up...
All accompanied by moody, guitar tuning-up music.You are obsessed with this guitar noodling.

The kick is up...
All accompanied by moody, guitar tuning-up music.
You are obsessed with this guitar noodling.It violates my soul.

The kick is up...
All accompanied by moody, guitar tuning-up music.Which slowly fades to silence as the sound of a muffled heartbeat takes over. The jar spins in slow motion with occasional close-ups of DEA agents and Todd looking on in avid anticipation.

Users who are viewing this thread