Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I think Walt took the gun out of the bag so Mike didn't use it on him.

This is my feeling as well.

Also, was it clear to you guys that his granddaughter's 5 million was confiscated?

It wasn't the whole $5M, but of course.
I'm not so sure of that. It was already full from the prior visit, so he wasn't loading it. They never saw him loading it and I'm not sure that it could be subject to a warrant just because he has a key. The box is unlikely to be in his name. But that's irrelevant, and we'll likely never know.
I see no reason why the lawyer would have the key to the granddaughter's safety deposit box. He made a one time deposit and ostensibly gave Mike the key to put somewhere for her.I doubt we ever find out but I prefer the notion that Mike successfully took care of his granddaughter.

Walk killed Mike because he is slowly unraveling and this was merely a demonstration that Walt is losing his ####.

Also, was it clear to you guys that his granddaughter's 5 million was confiscated?

I'm not so sure of that. It was already full from the prior visit, so he wasn't loading it. They never saw him loading it and I'm not sure that it could be subject to a warrant just because he has a key. The box is unlikely to be in his name. But that's irrelevant, and we'll likely never know.
I see no reason why the lawyer would have the key to the granddaughter's safety deposit box. He made a one time deposit and ostensibly gave Mike the key to put somewhere for her.I doubt we ever find out but I prefer the notion that Mike successfully took care of his granddaughter.
Once he was caught "red handed", he panicked and flipped. He apparently told everything he knew, which would include the existence of the big box for the granddaughter. Since it was part of a criminal conspiracy, there's no attorney-client privilege, and the DEA could have gotten a warrant to have the bank drill out the lock without Mike's key.

Once he was caught "red handed", he panicked and flipped. He apparently told everything he knew, which would include the existence of the big box for the granddaughter. Since it was part of a criminal conspiracy, there's no attorney-client privilege, and the DEA could have gotten a warrant to have the bank drill out the lock without Mike's key.
Definitely plausible. Which is why it irritates me that the guy flipped so easily in a situation he probably could have gotten out of based on the circumstances as we were given them.

I doubt we ever find out but I prefer the notion that Mike successfully took care of his granddaughter.

It seems to me like dumping 5 million dollars suddenly on an unsuspecting 18 year old is a receipe for disaster anyway. He may as well have cut out the middle man and just filled the box with meth.

Definitely plausible. Which is why it irritates me that the guy flipped so easily in a situation he probably could have gotten out of based on the circumstances as we were given them.
Not sure if anybody mentioned it already but keep in mind that Saul strenuously pointed out what a crappy lawyer this guy was.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it already but keep in mind that Saul strenuously pointed out what a crappy lawyer this guy was.
:goodposting: DEA: Heeeeeeyyy there. Whatcha doin'?Lawyer: Putting some money in a safety deposit box. Is that a crime?DEA: Nope. Have a nice day. :)...that's all he needed to do. Unless the DEA managed to warrentlessly get the bank records and found the nine names as the nine box owners beforehand, but even still, there's nothing the lawyer did that the DEA would see and be able to prove was part of a criminal conspiracy. But he was a pasty and flabby kind of guy. They probably told him about federal couch prison and he started crying and couldn't wait to talk. Edited by Sarnoff

I see no reason why the lawyer would have the key to the granddaughter's safety deposit box. He made a one time deposit and ostensibly gave Mike the key to put somewhere for her.

I doubt we ever find out but I prefer the notion that Mike successfully took care of his granddaughter.

Definitely plausible.

Which is why it irritates me that the guy flipped so easily in a situation he probably could have gotten out of based on the circumstances as we were given them.

:goodposting:

DEA: Heeeeeeyyy there. Whatcha doin'?

Lawyer: Putting some money in a safety deposit box. Is that a crime?

DEA: Nope. Have a nice day. :)

...that's all he needed to do. Unless the DEA managed to warrentlessly get the bank records and found the nine names as the nine box owners beforehand, but even still, there's nothing the lawyer did that the DEA would see and be able to prove was part of a criminal conspiracy.

But he was a pasty and flabby kind of guy. They probably told him about federal couch prison and he started crying and couldn't wait to talk.

I giggled

Have not read through the posts about last night's episode yet. Looking forward to that. I thought that was easily the best episode during the show's entire run. It was also the first time I disliked Walt. I guess Gilligan is going to try and force us to dislike him the rest of the series. I don't want to though.

Have not read through the posts about last night's episode yet. Looking forward to that. I thought that was easily the best episode during the show's entire run. It was also the first time I disliked Walt. I guess Gilligan is going to try and force us to dislike him the rest of the series. I don't want to though.

FFA reaction has been the cluster####iest yet this season. I thought it was a great episode too and had no qualms with anything. Though calling it the best of the series would be a bit much.

To be fair, Gilligan's made no secret of the fact that WW doesn't have so much of a character "arc" as a downward ramp.

1000 gallons @70% yield = 70% total product x 100% take = profits on 70% product

vs.

1000 gallons @99% yield = 99% total product x 35% take = profits on 34.65% product (so just from those 1000 gallons they make half as much money)

I don't understand why greater purity = greater yield. It should be the opposite. The less pure it is, the more filler there is. It's an inferior product, but they should end up with more of it.

That's not to say they can't make more money selling the pure stuff. They can definitely charge a higher price for it.

In any case, your comparison above isn't apples-to-apples. Without Heisenberg, they have to pay their own cooks and acquire their own raw materials. With Heisenberg, they're getting a 35% cut on the yield from 1,000 gallons of methylamine that they don't have to acquire elsewhere. (They do have to pay Mike $5 million for his 333 gallons, but they're getting a cut of the other 667 gallons, apparently worth $10 million as methylamine but worth hundreds of millions when converted to Heisenberg's meth, without having to pay for it.)

What they put on the street is inevitably cut with something else by dealers, at least a couple of times, to increase their own profits. The more pure it is, the more times you can cut it (without sacrificing as much quality), and the more you have on the street. And thus the more Heisenberg (or whomever) can charge for it.

I imagine the market for "high-end" methamphetamine is rather small.

I know nothing about meth but aren't Walt and Jesse making just a bunch of crystals? Can you "cut" something that comes in crystal form? I know they cut powder drugs (coke, heroin) with milk sugar or baby laxative or whatever.
A family member of mine used to be in the meth business. Incidentally, his partner (who ended up successfully skipping the country and disappearing, my family member did a bit of time, but not much) was a Chem major from MIT. As such, they were able to put a superior product on the market. Maybe not 99.1%, but much better than what else was out there.

We actually talked about this a few weeks ago, and he laughed hysterically in re: to the degree that meth gets cut. So it happens, but I'm not sure about the exact chemical process. Maybe on BB, it's crushed down and sold as powder by the time it gets to the street?

Some quick Google searching says this is commonly used to cut meth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

Intresting, MSM is very similar to DMSO. I had about a 3/4" stress fracture in my right tibia my senior year and used DMSO to numb the pain. I was able to run the entire X-Country season by using it.
DMSO is some pretty awesome stuff. We used to have the Houston Oilers players stop by my Grandfather's house as a kid b/c he had access to the stuff. Probably not legal but it was cool having the players over.

I don't think Walt has to worry about Jesse learning of Mike's demise, as long a Walt takes care of the clean up. Mike told Jesse himself that he wouldn't see him again.

One thing that's irritating me. They are changing Jesse's character too much. He was my favorite from the beginning and I think that's not just my opinion. I mean, when was the last time Jesse said yo? or #####? It's not that big of a deal but it's annoying me a little. still by far the best show I've seen in a long time.

When is the last episode before the break?

1000 gallons @70% yield = 70% total product x 100% take = profits on 70% product

vs.

1000 gallons @99% yield = 99% total product x 35% take = profits on 34.65% product (so just from those 1000 gallons they make half as much money)

I don't understand why greater purity = greater yield. It should be the opposite. The less pure it is, the more filler there is. It's an inferior product, but they should end up with more of it.

That's not to say they can't make more money selling the pure stuff. They can definitely charge a higher price for it.

In any case, your comparison above isn't apples-to-apples. Without Heisenberg, they have to pay their own cooks and acquire their own raw materials. With Heisenberg, they're getting a 35% cut on the yield from 1,000 gallons of methylamine that they don't have to acquire elsewhere. (They do have to pay Mike $5 million for his 333 gallons, but they're getting a cut of the other 667 gallons, apparently worth $10 million as methylamine but worth hundreds of millions when converted to Heisenberg's meth, without having to pay for it.)

What they put on the street is inevitably cut with something else by dealers, at least a couple of times, to increase their own profits. The more pure it is, the more times you can cut it (without sacrificing as much quality), and the more you have on the street. And thus the more Heisenberg (or whomever) can charge for it.

I know nothing about meth but aren't Walt and Jesse making just a bunch of crystals? Can you "cut" something that comes in crystal form? I know they cut powder drugs (coke, heroin) with milk sugar or baby laxative or whatever.
A family member of mine used to be in the meth business. Incidentally, his partner (who ended up successfully skipping the country and disappearing, my family member did a bit of time, but not much) was a Chem major from MIT. As such, they were able to put a superior product on the market. Maybe not 99.1%, but much better than what else was out there.

We actually talked about this a few weeks ago, and he laughed hysterically in re: to the degree that meth gets cut. So it happens, but I'm not sure about the exact chemical process. Maybe on BB, it's crushed down and sold as powder by the time it gets to the street?

Some quick Google searching says this is commonly used to cut meth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

Intresting, MSM is very similar to DMSO. I had about a 3/4" stress fracture in my right tibia my senior year and used DMSO to numb the pain. I was able to run the entire X-Country season by using it.
DMSO is some pretty awesome stuff. We used to have the Houston Oilers players stop by my Grandfather's house as a kid b/c he had access to the stuff. Probably not legal but it was cool having the players over.
The FDA never approved it's use for humans. Vets have long used it on race horses. My mom actually picked it up for me at JFK airport back then, so it's completely legal to sell, or at least it was back then. A lot magazines used to have articles about it and some pretty prominent runners used to praise the stuff.

ETA: In the 80's it wasn't approved for humans, not sure about now.

Edited by Penguin

I don't think Walt has to worry about Jesse learning of Mike's demise, as long a Walt takes care of the clean up. Mike told Jesse himself that he wouldn't see him again.One thing that's irritating me. They are changing Jesse's character too much. He was my favorite from the beginning and I think that's not just my opinion. I mean, when was the last time Jesse said yo? or #####? It's not that big of a deal but it's annoying me a little. still by far the best show I've seen in a long time.When is the last episode before the break?

He said yo at least once with Skyler last week. And of course he's changing. He's changing as much as Walt is.

I don't think Walt has to worry about Jesse learning of Mike's demise, as long a Walt takes care of the clean up. Mike told Jesse himself that he wouldn't see him again.One thing that's irritating me. They are changing Jesse's character too much. He was my favorite from the beginning and I think that's not just my opinion. I mean, when was the last time Jesse said yo? or #####? It's not that big of a deal but it's annoying me a little. still by far the best show I've seen in a long time.When is the last episode before the break?

The next one is the last one of 2012.

I don't think Walt has to worry about Jesse learning of Mike's demise, as long a Walt takes care of the clean up. Mike told Jesse himself that he wouldn't see him again.

One thing that's irritating me. They are changing Jesse's character too much. He was my favorite from the beginning and I think that's not just my opinion. I mean, when was the last time Jesse said yo? or #####? It's not that big of a deal but it's annoying me a little. still by far the best show I've seen in a long time.

He said yo at least once with Skyler last week. And of course he's changing. He's changing as much as Walt is.
Yep, during the dinner scene, I believe.

I thought it was more crappy when he let that girl choke on her own vomit.

Another thing about DMSO is that it is absorbed into the bloodstream thru your skin almost instantly. You have to be very careful that the area is clean otherwise it will actually pull dirt etc into your blood. Athletes would crush aspirin and other pain killers and sprinkle them on the treated area for immediate results.

ETA: Not sure if cutting the meth with MSM has an effect on the absortion rate of the drug.

Edited by Penguin

That's really the only time this season he's been out of his shell at all. It's been all Walt and Mike, but that's OK. I really do hope he doesn't go out like a sniveling #####, though.

Another thing about DMSO is that it is absorbed into the bloodstream thru your skin almost instantly. You have to be very careful that the area is clean otherwise it will actually pull dirt etc into your blood. Athletes would crush aspirin and other pain killers and sprinkle them on the treated area for immediate results.ETA: Not sure if cutting the meth with MSM has an effect on the absortion rate of the drug.

http://www.amazon.com/DMSO-Liquid-Concentrate-99-9%25-Pure/dp/B001L538IY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346104090&sr=8-1&keywords=dmsoVery much still available

That's really the only time this season he's been out of his shell at all. It's been all Walt and Mike, but that's OK. I really do hope he doesn't go out like a sniveling #####, though.
Magnets.

Train robbery: prep, during, and aftermath.

Albertson's deli green beans

Magnets.

Train robbery: prep, during, and aftermath.

Albertson's deli green beans

Magnets was good, but his moments there were short. He's been around, he's just been overshadowed.

vs.

The FDA never approved it's use for humans. Vets have long used it on race horses. My mom actually picked it up for me at JFK airport back then, so it's completely legal to sell, or at least it was back then. A lot magazines used to have articles about it and some pretty prominent runners used to praise the stuff.

ETA: In the 80's it wasn't approved for humans, not sure about now.

This was the late 80s/early 90s and my Grandfather would get it from a Vet friend. Pretty sure it was illegal at the time b/c some of the players would come by routinely.

Loved how Walt is telling Jesse there will not be anymore killing now that they are in control and 5 minutes later he is killing Mike.

Skyler would be an ANIMAL in the sack right now. (With anyone other than Walt). Just sayin'.

Would that animal be an elephant or pig?
I wasn't a fan but she's got a certain smoldering, MILFY goodness going on when she's disgusted.
Agree. She's all pent-up.
Remember in the Season 1 pilot, Jesse used to be a milf banger... Probably not enough episodes left for that to happen because the dynamic would change so much.

Loved how Walt is telling Jesse there will not be anymore killing now that they are in control and 5 minutes later he is killing Mike.

LOLReally good point.

I see no reason why the lawyer would have the key to the granddaughter's safety deposit box. He made a one time deposit and ostensibly gave Mike the key to put somewhere for her.

And even if he didn't, all they have to do is ask the cookie monster. She knows all of his boxes by memory.

FFA reaction has been the cluster####iest yet this season. I thought it was a great episode too and had no qualms with anything. Though calling it the best of the series would be a bit much.
Not sure why it left me so satisfied. You are right, with so many great episodes to choose from it may be a bit much to call it the best. Just my opinion. Well shot and brilliantly acted as usual. I think Half Measures is the only episode that comes close to this one for me as far as pure entertainment value goes from start to finish. Man I am going to miss Mike.

I guess the crappier the lawyer the more likely he'd be interested in enaging in illegal activity for profit, but just kinda surprised someone as thorough as chickenman and Mike would go that route.

Yes that was pretty evil but you thought that was worse than him shooting Mike? I had a lot more invested in Mike than Jane. I think whole Jane storyline was the weakest of the entire run of the show. Her dad being responsible for the plane crash and Walt having a drink with her dad at the bar stuff was all too coincidental to me.Walt's ego and trip to the dark side is now complete for me with him killing Mike just because imo he wasn't getting his props and any respect from Mike.

Agreed. Jesse isn't buying his lines anymore. Can't wait for the half season finale Sunday. Should set up some great stuff for the final epsisodes.

Agreed. Jesse isn't buying his lines anymore. Can't wait for the half season finale Sunday. Should set up some great stuff for the final epsisodes.
Jesse has gotta do something. He's been stewing the entire season.

How many times this season have we heard this may be the best episode of the entire run? I'm not seeing it. Don't get me wrong still a terrific season but a notch below any of the other seasons IMO.

A part of it is Walt's delusional nature. Sort of a limbo between Heisenberg and Walt. We see it when he tries to force his family life to try and be the same before the kids get sent away, at night with Skyler, whistlingin the tent, talking to Jesse at the beginning of that scene as if nothing was wrong and Jesse was going to stay. Cranston is nothing short of amazing in all the shades of the character and how easily he transitions between them. I can't think of another actor who's even been close to this good over the course of a show. Most times the characters are pretty set and the actor is just good at that default character status. But Cranston is all over the place, switching between delusional, sinister, craven, wistful, foppish and any other type in between.

I guess the crappier the lawyer the more likely he'd be interested in enaging in illegal activity for profit, but just kinda surprised someone as thorough as chickenman and Mike would go that route.
That's only true if you take Saul's perpetually self promoting diatribe as truth. Just because Saul thinks he's a ####ty lawyer doesn't mean he actually is.

Have they already shot the 8 episodes for next summer?

I don't think so. I thought I read somewhere that they hadn't completely ruled out a 6th season, if that's true than I can't see how the last 8 episodes could have been shot already.

That's only true if you take Saul's perpetually self promoting diatribe as truth. Just because Saul thinks he's a ####ty lawyer doesn't mean he actually is.
Right, the fact that he either thought they had something on him makes him a ####ty lawyer (because, assuming all they saw was him loading safe deposit boxes, they didn't have enough to even search) or, again, the fact he immediately rolled makes him a spineless wimp. Either paints a pretty bad picture of someone Mike apparently hired/trusted which just seems a bit off.

I don't think so. I thought I read somewhere that they hadn't completely ruled out a 6th season, if that's true than I can't see how the last 8 episodes could have been shot already.
They are shooting them in November and it's the last 8 episodes

Yes that was pretty evil but you thought that was worse than him shooting Mike? I had a lot more invested in Mike than Jane. I think whole Jane storyline was the weakest of the entire run of the show. Her dad being responsible for the plane crash and Walt having a drink with her dad at the bar stuff was all too coincidental to me.Walt's ego and trip to the dark side is now complete for me with him killing Mike just because imo he wasn't gettinglett his props and any respect from Mike.
I would think letting Jane die was worse. Mike was a fit of rage, an impulse decision that he seemed to really instantly regret. I don't recall any remorse about Jane and he's used her death to manipulate Jesse.

The bolded would be awesome.

The bolded would be awesome.
Cranston was on Opie and ANthony and said that he knows exactly how its going to end.

Loving the idea more and more of Jesse and Skyler hooking up.Walt Jr: "Mom, who's this guy?"Jesse: "I'm dating your mom, yo."Walt Jr: :mellow:

Loving the idea more and more of Jesse and Skyler hooking up.

Walt Jr: "Mom, who's this guy?"

Jesse: "I'm dating your mom, yo."

Walt Jr: :mellow:

"You mean, like, I have to call this guy 'Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad' now?"