What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (5 Viewers)

'Good said:
This reinforces my conviction that the ending that makes the most narrative "sense" is one where Walt, having already lost his own family and everything he holds dear, returns to New Mexico to sacrifice himself to somehow save Jesse. I wouldn't be at all shocked if the ending is one where Walt dies but Jesse ends up with the life that Walt disdained as somehow beneath him. An unremarkable family life with Andrea and Brock. I'm not sure if everyone would find this satisfying. After all, Jesse is hardly without sin. But the show has always sympathized more with Jesse. I think that the true "shadow narrative" is Jesse's. Not Hank's.
I think I'm ready to lay money down that Jesse heads off to UNM (though he might be more of a Las Cruces kind of guy), gets a BS in Chemistry, and starts teaching high school.

'Good said:
This reinforces my conviction that the ending that makes the most narrative "sense" is one where Walt, having already lost his own family and everything he holds dear, returns to New Mexico to sacrifice himself to somehow save Jesse. I wouldn't be at all shocked if the ending is one where Walt dies but Jesse ends up with the life that Walt disdained as somehow beneath him. An unremarkable family life with Andrea and Brock. I'm not sure if everyone would find this satisfying. After all, Jesse is hardly without sin. But the show has always sympathized more with Jesse. I think that the true "shadow narrative" is Jesse's. Not Hank's.
I think I'm ready to lay money down that Jesse heads off to UNM (though he might be more of a Las Cruces kind of guy), gets a BS in Chemistry, and starts teaching high school.
I'll take that action.. how much we talking here? :banned:

'Good said:
That would be a fitting resolve for his character from where I'm sitting. I'm down with that. :thumbup:

Could see a chain of events where Skylar is murdered and Walt, cancer back, ends up protecting Hank from the cartel so that Hank and Marie will be there for the kids.

Enter machine gun.

'Good said:
I'll take that action.. how much we talking here? :banned:
Chances of Jesse becoming a teacher are about 7-1, I think. Maybe 4-1 for some sort of similar peaceful "legit" existence.

Do we think that Ted is gone from the picture for good? He's another loose end... maybe that's where the ricin will end up.
Ted is "the Russians" equivalent in the Sopranos. Methinks we are done with him for the final 8.I could definitely get on board with a flashforward to end it with Jessie walking into a classroom on the first day of school welcoming his new students to Chemistry 101yo

'Tiger Fan said:
Was it just me, or did they seem to focus on the fact that the outlet cover that the ricin was taped to was pretty loose?
Especially with Holley starting to crawl/walk now. Probably won't happen though.G.B. as Gretchen Black? Didn't consider that.

'tommyboy said:
so the scene i can imagine is hank confronts walt, walt acts like helpless walt, doesn't work, then walt goes heisenberg on hank and blows his ####### mind. Hank is left in a puddle of his own little baby poop as walt stares out the window
:lmao:
'shader said:
While I agree Gale gave the book to Walter....you wonder if Hank confronts Walter and Walter quickly constructs the story of his former associate, temporarily giving him time to get away for the moment, as he knows Hank will check the hand-writing and realize he's been lying....

Another possibility..
This will give Walt Heisenberg time to deal with Hank or at least give the order.

Do we think that Ted is gone from the picture for good? He's another loose end... maybe that's where the ricin will end up.
Ted is "the Russians" equivalent in the Sopranos. Methinks we are done with him for the final 8.
:confused: We know what happened to Ted. Just because we may not see him in the final season doesn't mean he's a loose end or unanswered question.The Czechoslovakian interior decorator simply vanished. There was never any explanation as to what happened to him.

Could see a chain of events where Skylar is murdered and Walt, cancer back, ends up protecting Hank from the cartel so that Hank and Marie will be there for the kids.Enter machine gun.
I think I posed something similar, but with Hank being killed and Walt protecting the Annoying Sisters and his kids with the M60.

'Sarnoff said:
Odd that right now both Breaking Bad and Dexter are kind of in the same place.
Except for the fact that Breaking Bad is still going strong while Dexter should've ended a while ago and is now just a horribly written piece of ####
Dexter's still not bad (and Deb actually managed to get less annoying as the show went on, which is a good thing), but the jumping the shark moment was definitely when we saw Rita dead in the bathtub. Dexter's behavior after that really irked me and I never was into the show as much after that.

'Tiger Fan said:
Was it just me, or did they seem to focus on the fact that the outlet cover that the ricin was taped to was pretty loose?
Especially with Holley starting to crawl/walk now. Probably won't happen though.G.B. as Gretchen Black? Didn't consider that.
Why do people keep talking about Gretchen? WE KNOW THAT IT IS GALE'S HANDWRITING IN THE COPY OF 'LEAVES OF GRASS' THAT HANK SEES ON THE TOILET.G.B is Gale Boetticher not Gretchen Black or any other Gretchen B.Maybe the G.B. stands for Gansta Badger. Maybe it's from Walt "Gimpy Boy" Jr. Maybe it was from Gus's former partner Gus's Buttbuddy.

How would Walt ever rationalize Hank's death to Skyler?

That might be the final straw for her.

There is no way a widowed Marie could handle taking on two children by herself (which is what Skyler wants), so Skyler would feel completely trapped.

'Tiger Fan said:
Why do people keep talking about Gretchen? WE KNOW THAT IT IS GALE'S HANDWRITING IN THE COPY OF 'LEAVES OF GRASS' THAT HANK SEES ON THE TOILET.G.B is Gale Boetticher not Gretchen Black or any other Gretchen B.Maybe the G.B. stands for Gansta Badger. Maybe it's from Walt "Gimpy Boy" Jr. Maybe it was from Gus's former partner Gus's Buttbuddy.
Clearly you have a strong opinion on this subject. :mellow:

'Tiger Fan said:
Clearly you have a strong opinion on this subject. :mellow:
:shrug:

'Tiger Fan said:
Why do people keep talking about Gretchen? WE KNOW THAT IT IS GALE'S HANDWRITING IN THE COPY OF 'LEAVES OF GRASS' THAT HANK SEES ON THE TOILET.

G.B is Gale Boetticher not Gretchen Black or any other Gretchen B.

Maybe the G.B. stands for Gansta Badger. Maybe it's from Walt "Gimpy Boy" Jr. Maybe it was from Gus's former partner Gus's Buttbuddy.
Both plausible, imo.

How would Walt ever rationalize Hank's death to Skyler?That might be the final straw for her. There is no way a widowed Marie could handle taking on two children by herself (which is what Skyler wants), so Skyler would feel completely trapped.
Wasn't it pretty much implied in the last few minutes of the last episode that the kids are back at home? I mean Walt did tell Skyler that he was out. And they're all eating at Walt and Skyler's house instead of The Purple Palace.

Ok, I have been following this thread for the last 4 seasons and I am finally going to add something to it. Here is my take on what might happen.

Every season there needs to be a "villain" of some sort. This season Walt's foil was Mike. I think that next season Todd's "family" ties come into play. I could see them trying to push Walt around after Todd has enough notes to think they can make the meth on their own. Anyone that has enough contacts to arrange the deaths of 9 people in prison are very scary individuals. I could see a situation where they threaten Walt's family and after Hank tells him he knows who Walt really is, Walt turns to him for help. He offers to turn state's evidence to help protect his family from the skinheads, nazis or whatever those guys are. Everything is fine for a while until a year from now, when they either catch up with Walt's family or Jesse and Walt is forced to come back, hence the machine gun.

Just my 2 cents.

'Good said:
as an emotional shell, I think he becomes an addict again and has enough money to kill himself with drugs.

Ok, I have been following this thread for the last 4 seasons and I am finally going to add something to it. Here is my take on what might happen.Every season there needs to be a "villain" of some sort. This season Walt's foil was Mike. I think that next season Todd's "family" ties come into play. I could see them trying to push Walt around after Todd has enough notes to think they can make the meth on their own. Anyone that has enough contacts to arrange the deaths of 9 people in prison are very scary individuals. I could see a situation where they threaten Walt's family and after Hank tells him he knows who Walt really is, Walt turns to him for help. He offers to turn state's evidence to help protect his family from the skinheads, nazis or whatever those guys are. Everything is fine for a while until a year from now, when they either catch up with Walt's family or Jesse and Walt is forced to come back, hence the machine gun.Just my 2 cents.
The Law of TV Casting pretty much assures we'll be hearing from Todd's family connections again.

Ok, I have been following this thread for the last 4 seasons and I am finally going to add something to it. Here is my take on what might happen.Every season there needs to be a "villain" of some sort. This season Walt's foil was Mike. I think that next season Todd's "family" ties come into play. I could see them trying to push Walt around after Todd has enough notes to think they can make the meth on their own. Anyone that has enough contacts to arrange the deaths of 9 people in prison are very scary individuals. I could see a situation where they threaten Walt's family and after Hank tells him he knows who Walt really is, Walt turns to him for help. He offers to turn state's evidence to help protect his family from the skinheads, nazis or whatever those guys are. Everything is fine for a while until a year from now, when they either catch up with Walt's family or Jesse and Walt is forced to come back, hence the machine gun.Just my 2 cents.
Pretty decent chance of happening.

I guess they could have a small role. I'd hate for them to be the major players though. We only have 8 seasons left, and there just isn't time to build the tension between that group and Walt. Perhaps they will play a minor role, but anything short of major confrontations between Walt/Hank, Walt/Jesse, Hank/Skyler will be very disappointing. We've built to this for 5 years. It's time to allow the confrontation to finally happen.I just can't imagine a scenario where Hank helps Walt. I think the show is going to get uncomfortably dark as the Hank/Walt showdown takes place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry about it. "Devil" is mostly harmless. He won't start trouble where there is none.Now, if Boyd finds out Walt is cookin' that poison a'gin, there might be trouble.

I wouldn't worry about it. "Devil" is mostly harmless. He won't start trouble where there is none.Now, if Boyd finds out Walt is cookin' that poison a'gin, there might be trouble.
Raylon would have caught them before the end of the first season. Hank is no Raylon Givens.

'Tiger Fan said:
I think people mean Walt will SAY the book is from Gretchen Black etc, not that it IS. It's obviously gale's gift to Walter.

'Sarnoff said:
Except for the fact that Breaking Bad is still going strong while Dexter should've ended a while ago and is now just a horribly written piece of ####
Dexter's...jumping the shark moment was definitely when we saw Rita dead in the bathtub.
Holy hell this is wrong on every level imaginable.

'Sarnoff said:
Dexter's...jumping the shark moment was definitely when we saw Rita dead in the bathtub.
The Rita reveal one of the best ever on TV. That was a terrific season. Dexter at it's peak. The next season did suck and I didn't even watch last season once I saw Olmas/Hanks were the villains.

During the prison scene montage, was anyone wondering if they'd miss somebody? I felt like it was all the more effective because the result wasn't necessarily a foregone conclusion.

'Sarnoff said:
The moment was good, yes, but it also represented the last time the series was good. Ok, maybe jumping the shark wasn't the best term, but you get the point.

One reason why I think it might come down to Walt protecting Jesse is Walt's comment to Declan that he and Jesse were the two best meth cooks in North America. If Walt truly is out, either by choice or because he has to disappear, Declan would know just where to guy to keep the gravy trai going.

Everyone is missing the obvious here, Walt uses the ricin on Hank.
yea, thought about that.and does Holly even have teeth?
She's almost walking so I would say yes.The question though, and maybe FBG Dentist can chime in, does an infant possess strong enough teeth and or jaw muscles to chew through a switch plate cover? Do we have any electricians or petrochemical experts here on the board?
I think it won't come into play...Just another ruse from Gilligan
People are seriously overthinking this "loose" wall plate. The Ricin will come out if, and only if, Walt pulls it out. Seriously, that would be one of the stupidest plot devices ever on TV if Holly was to somehow find/eat it.

'Tiger Fan said:
I think people mean Walt will SAY the book is from Gretchen Black etc, not that it IS. It's obviously gale's gift to Walter.
Her name is not Gretchen Black. It's Schwartz or something. There is no mention, anywhere, that her maiden name is Black. Good lord.

Hank: Where the hell did you get this book? How do you know Galen?

WW: Who's Galen? I thought this book was cool because it was dedicated to another WW. WTF are you talking about?

Everyone is missing the obvious here, Walt uses the ricin on Hank.
yea, thought about that.and does Holly even have teeth?
She's almost walking so I would say yes.The question though, and maybe FBG Dentist can chime in, does an infant possess strong enough teeth and or jaw muscles to chew through a switch plate cover? Do we have any electricians or petrochemical experts here on the board?
I think it won't come into play...Just another ruse from Gilligan
People are seriously overthinking this "loose" wall plate. The Ricin will come out if, and only if, Walt pulls it out. Seriously, that would be one of the stupidest plot devices ever on TV if Holly was to somehow find/eat it.
The best part is that the wall plate isn't even lose! He screwed it on and checked it, there was no give.

Users who are viewing this thread