What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

Judging by the reaction of Walts next door neighbor id say he made the news at some point lol

Loved Jessie sparkin a blunt at Sauls office :lol:
That and the fact Heisenberg is painted in his living room.

He definitely made some major headlines at some point this season.

Any chance hank turns Jesse?
He's got enough evidence that he doesn't need to turn anyone. It's a question of whether he buys Walt's cancer sob story.
what evidence does he have?
The box fulls of stuff in his garage? He matched Gale's handwriting, and now he's pretty much got verbal confirmation from Walt himself.
Yes Walt admitted it by saying "think of what you will do to our families."
Just the accusation would cause bad feelings...

I still don't find the scenes overly interesting where Jesse is mopey and such. I get that it is key to his character, but they just aren't that interesting to watch, IMO. I wasn't overly crazy about most of the scenes he was in tonight, the one with Walt definitely being the exception. Jesse is simply way more interesting when he is going full speed and running his mouth, as opposed to being detached and mopey.
I agree. I get mopey Jesse, but I am not entertained by mopey Jesse. MAGNETS #####! Jesse is way more entertaining. And, of course, Star Trek pie-based fan fiction.
I get Jesse being shattered but we already did this storyline a few seasons back yet Jesse stayed in the game. The Star Trek bit went on way too long. Minor quibbles in solid episode with two great moments.

Hank v Walt in the garage was awesome but so was Hank's reaction coming out of the bathroom and subsequent ride home. Tense. Was griping with him.
That may have been Badger and Skinny Pete's swan song for this show, and that fan fiction was comedy gold.

I didn't have a chance to rewarch the end. Did hank tell Walt to bring Sky and the Kids by so they could all talk and then Walt said that's not going to happen?

Judging by the reaction of Walts next door neighbor id say he made the news at some point lol

Loved Jessie sparkin a blunt at Sauls office :lol:
I think Walt is outed or outs himself as Heisenberg and fakes his death. So all the crazy info is out there but they think he's dead. Something major would have to bring him out of hiding.

The score tonight seemed especially good. I've no doubt this show is going to be amazing, hope it kills in the ratings too, for the sake of everyone involved in it. I'm sure it will.

Pretty sure Landry didn't go from a B&E/muscle-type to acquiring an advanced knowledge of chemistry over the course of a couple months.
I believe that's why Lydia's complaining about the 68% purity she's now getting.

Jesse's fingerprints will be all over the money he "delivers" in the neighborhood.
Pretty sure that none of the folks in that neighborhood are going to call the cops
If I'm the first one up I'm going house to house. :moneybag:
Yeah, nobody's calling the cops. I don't think the money comes back into play, but benefactors don't need to call the cops for that to happen.

They just have to get busted for something else and have a bunch of cash on hand they can't account for. "I saw some dude in a red beater hatchback chucking it out the window" would quickly come out of their mouths. The only hard part would be getting the cops to believe it because I imagine that excuse has come before, but of course, it's never been true.

The score tonight seemed especially good. I've no doubt this show is going to be amazing, hope it kills in the ratings too, for the sake of everyone involved in it. I'm sure it will.

Pretty sure Landry didn't go from a B&E/muscle-type to acquiring an advanced knowledge of chemistry over the course of a couple months.
I believe that's why Lydia's complaining about the 68% purity she's now getting.
:mellow:

Heisenberg goes in hiding and his family goes in hiding somewhere else. Hank agrees with this arrangement for the safety of the family. Then someone finds his family and Heisenberg's last act is to kill everyone threatening his family.

Heisenberg goes in hiding and his family goes in hiding somewhere else. Hank agrees with this arrangement for the safety of the family. Then someone finds his family and Heisenberg's last act is to kill everyone threatening his family.
Lydia now knows Skylar (if she didnt before) and showed already she will kill (or pay someone to kill) to keep her secrets.

Lydia now knows Skylar (if she didnt before) and showed already she will kill (or pay someone to kill) to keep her secrets.
yep, the ricin is for her, the machine gun is for the other drug dealers he was working with

Great episode. One question: Jesse Plemons (Todd) was mentioned in the opening credits, but I don't remember seeing him. Was he in a scene I missed somehow?
He didn't appear in this episode. He's in the opening credits because he'll be a regular the second (current) half of this season.
OK, thx. Strange though- usually when names are mentioned in the opening they appear in that episode.
No. Actors listed in a Main Title sequence (same every episode in a season, the part with the theme song, etc) are Series Regulars. They are part of the series cast. They are guaranteed to appear in the opening titles as they are "pay or play", that is, they are paid their fee even if they don't appear in the episode.

Actors listed in the Episodic Credits, the typed out names that appear superimposed over live action, after the Main Title sequence, in Act I, are episodic actors. They are booked per episode and paid per episode and only get their names listed if they appear in the episode (an actor cast in a deleted scene will not show up in the Act I episode credits).
Jesse Plemon's name appeared in the Episodic Credits, and that's why I posted my question. (Of course, in Breaking Bad, like Lost, no actors' names appear in the Main Title sequence.)

Damn that episode was some ####.

Since they went this far with the Hank vs. Walt thing in the first episode, I'm feeling the theory I had a few pages back might happen. Something has to change in he dynamic between them to get through 7 more eps.
Jessie, Lydia, Skyler, Hank, Todd

These are all "loose ends" who know. Plus, from the looks of Walts hair growing back when he returned to the old house, it looks like his cancer is gone.

There will be plenty to do in 7 episodes

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for Hank to find out Skyler is a partner in this. I'd have to think that's the next big step (meaning it has to happen next Sunday night).

Hank's reaction to that should be great (he's been more of a husband and father to that family than Walt has been over the last year or so). Unless Skyler flips (very possible), that would be the key piece keeping Hank from "winning". Hank's burdened with the problem of actually giving a #### about Skyler and the kids, and Walt is not.

I didn't have a chance to rewarch the end. Did hank tell Walt to bring Sky and the Kids by so they could all talk and then Walt said that's not going to happen?
I think he wanted Walt to give up the kids again, and then he would consider keeping the secret.

I can't wait for Hank to find out Skyler is a partner in this. I'd have to think that's the next big step (meaning it has to happen next Sunday night).

Hank's reaction to that should be great (he's been more of a husband and father to that family than Walt has been over the last year or so). Unless Skyler flips (very possible), that would be the key piece keeping Hank from "winning". Hank's burdened with the problem of actually giving a #### about Skyler and the kids, and Walt is not.
You dont think Walt cares about his kids?

Yeah I don't buy that either. Walt is no sociopath. He loves his kids, and Skyler too.

Since they went this far with the Hank vs. Walt thing in the first episode, I'm feeling the theory I had a few pages back might happen. Something has to change in he dynamic between them to get through 7 more eps.
Plus, from the looks of Walts hair growing back when he returned to the old house, it looks like his cancer is gone.
All his hair being grown back would tell us is that he's stopped chemo. In the flash forward in 5.1, he's coughing up a lung and taking pills. And he has hair. The cancer isn't gone.

Yeah I don't buy that either. Walt is no sociopath. He loves his kids, and Skyler too.
I think Walt does love his wife and kids.

The problem is that he's not really able to put them in front of his own ego, which comes first. He's not mentally and emotionally capable of acting in their best interest when it conflicts with his need to feel significant and powerful. I think Hank is better equipped for that.

Walt loves them, but life's not that simple.

He loves them, but if he was really capable of putting their best interests first, he's have just destroyed the car tracker and moved on with his retirement, leaving his kids safe and his wife free to keep laundering their inheritance after he's dead and gone. (That was just one of many similar decisions Walt has made over the last year).

Agree, note when Hank asked for him to bring the kids to his house, Walt immediately said that was not going to happen. Walt will protect the family and always has.

Part of me things the real surprise will not be when Hank finds out it Skyler is in on it, but when Hank opens that storage locker and sees the pile of money. I don't think Hank has any idea what Walt is worth.

Agree, note when Hank asked for him to bring the kids to his house, Walt immediately said that was not going to happen. Walt will protect the family and always has.

Part of me things the real surprise will not be when Hank finds out it Skyler is in on it, but when Hank opens that storage locker and sees the pile of money. I don't think Hank has any idea what Walt is worth.
Let's not confuse Walt's desire to keep Hank from taking his family away from him with a desire to protect his family above all else.

Also, Walt's an addict.

Many addicts love their families and consciously wish only the best for them and to protect them at all times. Unfortunately, many are not able to put those wishes in front of their addiction.

The problem is that he's not really able to put them in front of his own ego, which comes first. He's not mentally and emotionally capable of acting in their best interest when it conflicts with his need to feel significant and powerful. I think Hank is better equipped for that.

He loves them, but if he was really capable of putting their best interests first, he's have just destroyed the car tracker and moved on with his retirement, leaving his kids safe and his wife free to keep laundering their inheritance after he's dead and gone. (That was just one of many similar decisions Walt has made over the last year).
:goodposting: Could not agree more.

I don't think Hank has even thought of the money aspect of it yet. He is still shocked by the reality and the betrayal. But at some point he will figure out that Walt paid for his hospital bills with drug money; I am sure he will love that. :lol:

I waited until midnight to watch it because a) I had to download it, and 2) because I was finishing up episodes 7 & 8 for the third time.

The delaying gratification was like tantric sex.

OMFG what a great episode. :)
Watching with commercials is for rubes. Can't imagine taking a four minute break to see a bunch of car commercials.

Landry was in this episode. :confused:
I was FFwding to the preview and was astounded they went 32mins without a commercial and then it was like a 15 second spot. AMC is raping our minds with the DVR thing and then that.

:goodposting: Could not agree more.

I don't think Hank has even thought of the money aspect of it yet. He is still shocked by the reality and the betrayal. But at some point he will figure out that Walt paid for his hospital bills with drug money; I am sure he will love that. :lol:
Oh yeah. If Hank goes to the DEA, his career is gone

This wouldn't have happened. Hank wouldn't just have let this go.

Plus, from the looks of Walts hair growing back when he returned to the old house, it looks like his cancer is gone.
All his hair being grown back would tell us is that he's stopped chemo. In the flash forward in 5.1, he's coughing up a lung and taking pills. And he has hair. The cancer isn't gone.
Good point

Good point
I always thought it was the Chemo that caused the hair loss. He may still have the cancer and quit Chemo because it is hopeless

I dont think Hank will goto the DEA and charge WW. But how else does he become outed publicly?
The easiest way for the writers is to fake his death. Allows Hank to be the hero but still allows Walt to walk and his family to go into hiding.

it would also explain why Carol the neighbor dropped her groceries when she saw WW.

No, he wouldn't have, but it would've given Walt a pretty decent shot of getting out of this.

Hank might've known that he's Heisenberg, but he didn't have enough evidence to do anything about it. More importantly, Walt was out of the game and knew Hank was on to him without Hank knowing Walt knew. A big advantage.

Hank never would've confronted Walt without enough evidence to do anything about it. Hank wouldn't destroy the family with an accusation he couldn't prove.

If Walt only cared about protecting the family, he was in a solid (albeit not ideal) situation. He threw that away to start a war that can only end badly.

As far as the tracker goes, assuming it's the exact same type as before, Hank has to recover it to get the data, so he wouldn't know that Walt had just visited Jesse. It's not crazy to think the tracker fell off on the road.

Family first Walt removes it on the road and drives over it a few times.

I dont think Hank will goto the DEA and charge WW. But how else does he become outed publicly?
The easiest way for the writers is to fake his death. Allows Hank to be the hero but still allows Walt to walk and his family to go into hiding.

it would also explain why Carol the neighbor dropped her groceries when she saw WW.
I don't think we really need further explanation as to why Carol dropped her groceries. I think "friendly middle-aged chemistry teacher living next door who turns out to be a legendary drug kingpin and then disappears and his house is condemned and then suddenly you see him out of nowhere" would be enough.

No, he wouldn't have, but it would've given Walt a pretty decent shot of getting out of this.

Hank might've known that he's Heisenberg, but he didn't have enough evidence to do anything about it. More importantly, Walt was out of the game and knew Hank was on to him without Hank knowing Walt knew. A big advantage.

Hank never would've confronted Walt without enough evidence to do anything about it. Hank wouldn't destroy the family with an accusation he couldn't prove.

If Walt only cared about protecting the family, he was in a solid (albeit not ideal) situation. He threw that away to start a war that can only end badly.

As far as the tracker goes, assuming it's the exact same type as before, Hank has to recover it to get the data, so he wouldn't know that Walt had just visited Jesse. It's not crazy to think the tracker fell off on the road.

Hank would just have planted another one and become more suspicious.

Also, Walt's dying.

Family first Walt let's Hank investigate. If he finds enough to convict, so be it.

Instead, he threw his family into the crosshairs so he could have one last battle before he's gone. He's also choosing a battle with (and presumably not above killing) the one man best suited to take care of his family after he's gone.

Hank would just have planted another one and become more suspicious.
Still better than telling your DEA agent BIL that you're Heisenberg and that you are going to kill him.

He put his family in more danger and decreased his odds of getting away with it to fuel his own desire for confrontation and significance.

Also, Walt's dying.

Family first Walt let's Hank investigate. If he finds enough to convict, so be it.

Instead, he threw his family into the crosshairs so he could have one last battle before he's gone. He's also choosing a battle with (and presumably not above killing) the one man best suited to take care of his family after he's gone.
Yes, I think the best way to see Walt is to say that he cares about his family's love and esteem more than he cares about their welfare. And even then, it has to be love and esteem that are on his own terms. He's shamed and embarrassed by Walt Jr.'s paypal page, and he doesn't even listen when Walt Jr. tells him that he was already a hero when Junior felt that he knew him.

Because Walt would rather be a big shot and say he did it for his family than truly do what is best for his family. And I think that portrayal of Walt has been consistent from the very beginning of the series.

I do agree, Leeroy, that destroying the tracker might still not've been Walt's optimal choice.

I could see a good argument that the best course (for the family) would've been to come clean to Hank with some (don't laugh) humility.

Walt tells Hank "You got me. I did it because of the cancer and things just spiraled out of control. I'm out now. I'm dying and you probably don't have enough evidence to convict. You'd just take away the car wash and fortune I've provided for Skyler and the kids"

He probably considered that path, and I have little doubt he could've convinced Hank to do let it go for the sake of the family.

But we all know Walt never would've done that.

And I think we can be pretty sure Hank would've, which is the point about who's better equipped to put the family first.

Though, I guess there's certainly an argument that Hank busting Walt's face up is evidence that maybe he's not. Walt wasn't looking for a truce anyway, but Hank's right hook might've taken it off the table if he was.

You guys are on to something with the Walt Gus comparison - which leads me to believe Jesse will become Walt's biggest threat as Jesse proceeds down the same path that Walt did - so all of this conscience and slef-loathing will lead him to want to do things right....which is why Walt got into it in the first place - to do things right and take out Gus. Walt becomes Gus - Jesse becomes Walt and the saga continues.

Users who are viewing this thread