What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (2 Viewers)

What do they have on Jesse so far? Seems like they brought him in and were fishing for something, but weren't really getting anywhere. Obviously Hank can connect dots that those two mopes weren't.

And if they are able to pin something on him, you can't discount the chance that Jesse just willingly takes the rap and goes to jail.
Throwing millions of dollars all over Albuquerque.
Other than cooking, selling, and using meth, murder, accessory to murder, conspiracy, tax fraud, and money laundering, has Jesse actually committed any crimes?

There was that time he watched some chick crush her boyfriend's head with an ATM and didn't report it to the police or anything, which is probably illegal.

Also: train robbery.

At least two B&Es - when they stole the methylamine in the first season and when he broke into the skanks house.

Also destruction of police property and evidence tampering with a large magnet.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do they have on Jesse so far? Seems like they brought him in and were fishing for something, but weren't really getting anywhere. Obviously Hank can connect dots that those two mopes weren't.

And if they are able to pin something on him, you can't discount the chance that Jesse just willingly takes the rap and goes to jail.
Other than cooking, selling, and using meth, murder, accessory to murder, conspiracy, tax fraud, and money laundering, has Jesse actually committed any crimes?
He's broken the law several times over, but they brought him in without any way to pin anything on him. It's not like he'd been hiding out until he started throwing all the money out.

Learn to listen, listen to learn.

Disposing of multiple bodies is probably a crime. Possessing a firearm multiple times. Evading arrest in the first episode. He's got a lot going on...

Good Posting Judge said:
Disposing of multiple bodies is probably a crime. Possessing a firearm multiple times. Evading arrest in the first episode. He's got a lot going on...
I'm well aware that Jesse's committed crimes throughout the show. Whether the cops at that point had anything on Jesse is a completely question. They know he had money, and was tossing it around the neighborhood, and probably a good idea of where said money came from. That's not enough to arrest him.
I think you might be taking this too seriously. Maybe you missed the Tim-inspired meme about whether characters have actually committed any crimes?

Anyway, we're still back the point that Jesse has a lot of money that he hasn't paid any taxes on. So they do have something.

There was that time he watched some chick crush her boyfriend's head with an ATM and didn't report it to the police or anything, which is probably illegal.
No, that's fine. The situations where there's a duty to report crimes are pretty limited -- e.g., a teacher has a duty to report suspected child abuse. But there's no general duty for passersby to report ATM head-smashings.

No, that's fine. The situations where there's a duty to report crimes are pretty limited -- e.g., a teacher has a duty to report suspected child abuse. But there's no general duty for passersby to report ATM head-smashings.
Exactly, and usually the duty arises when there's a preventable crime such as a therapist with a patient threatening to harm someone.

I think the point is that, like with the ricin thing, it's a suspicious situation. Having the money, and driving off the road and all, give them a reason to detain and question him, but it's unlikely that there are any direct charges to come from that unless they can tie the money back specifically to a crime.

I take it back, apparently there are money laundering statutes that say you do have to explain where it comes from.

Ultimately, I can envision a story where Jesse doesn't talk and goes to prison... and somehow Todd and the Uncles of Anarchy are tied in.

Like, Walt convinces him (through Saul) to give up Todd (who he hates possibly as much as Walt, since he was never loyal to him)...

... or Walt calls on Todd/Lydia to kill him when he's in jail/holding....

... or they threaten Jesse (who has now remained loyal to Walt) unless Walt comes to cook for them and teach Todd, and then when quality gets to a certain point they kill Jesse anyway

... which prompts Walt to go get a big gun and some ricin.

ETA: I saw some people (elsewhere) say it's illegal to carry more than $10k in cash (or similar instruments), but I think this is actually only transporting in/out of the country and not carrying it on your person within the US.

GPj - I was replying to Tim.

To your point, no, the cops have nothing they can charge him with yet. I don't think having a bunch of cash is a crime and he obviously has never been arrested for anything else.

I guess he can just say it wasn't his and then not worry about claiming any of the money, therefore avoiding tax evasion. What else would they have him on? Reckless driving?

pollardsvision said:
Having that much money without any record of income is the real issue.
I forget... how would/did he explain having the cash to buy his parents' house?
I believe that's the spoils of having an otherwise wonderful show.

People just accept that the seemingly very good criminal lawyer signs off on a plan for an unemployed stoner to pay $400K cash for a house.
I'm sure it's in the name of some LLC with legit people on the state filing.

pollardsvision said:

People just accept that the seemingly very good criminal lawyer signs off on a plan for an unemployed stoner to pay $400K cash for a house.
The official legal Bill of sale was probably $1

pollardsvision said:

Yes, he obviously didn't take title in his own name or his parents would have realized he was the buyer.

pollardsvision said:

Yes, he obviously didn't take title in his own name or his parents would have realized he was the buyer.
I guess I'm wrong then.

So, this LLC or whatever they used would need someone's associated with it, right? Who is going to lend their name to an LLC with the purpose of buying a guy a house with money he made cooking meth? (not to mention, the house itself has actually been used for this purpose).

I'm asking for a friend.

I guess he can just say it wasn't his and then not worry about claiming any of the money, therefore avoiding tax evasion. What else would they have him on? Reckless driving?
I think that (and/or loitering/disturbance laws related to being in the park after hours) is probably what they brought him in on to get him into the interrogation booth so they can fish for the big stuff.

So did Hank go in to work to tell what he suspects? Seems like he was going to take that chance.
He seemed torn and probably changing his mind second to second, but yes, moving the budget meeting back seemed to imply he was going to tell.The interrogation of Jesse, I'm sure, will affect whether or not he actually follows through with it. I hope he does, but he probably won't. Drama pretty much can't exist without people, especially cops, doing dumb things.
In "One Minute", Jesse tells Walt that ratting him out is his get out of jail free card. Walt doesn't believe him, saying that if he he was really serious then Jesse would have done it to avoid the beating.Does he hate Walt enough now to rat him out? Seems plausible.
Walt certainly believed him. That's whay he got gayle out of the lab and brought Jesse in as a 50/50 partner.
I disagree. I think he did that to stop Jesse from pursuing the lawsuit.
It was both. They were related.
If so, why did Walt tell Saul that he didn't believe Jesse?

Serious question?

Serious question?
Yeah, how could you forget fashion crimes in that list?

:goodposting:

Mere presense, #####!

I just bought a Heisenberg t-shirt & Los Pollos Hermanos t-shirt off Amazon. Hopefully they get here by my fantasy football draft so I have something to wear when drafting for my team "The One Who Knocks"

:bag:

If the beginning of 5a and 5b didn't feature those flash forwards, how do you think you would feel about where the show would likely conclude? Would you be more excited, less excited, the same, more or less confident Gilligan would deliver a great ending...if you didn't know where we were (roughly) going to end up at some point?

Earlier I was thinking more about how this was such an awesome (and ballsy) way to tell a story, and I was trying to think of what my mindset would be if those two scenes hadn't been shown.

If the beginning of 5a and 5b didn't feature those flash forwards, how do you think you would feel about where the show would likely conclude? Would you be more excited, less excited, the same, more or less confident Gilligan would deliver a great ending...if you didn't know where we were (roughly) going to end up at some point?

Earlier I was thinking more about how this was such an awesome (and ballsy) way to tell a story, and I was trying to think of what my mindset would be if those two scenes hadn't been shown.

I just bought a Heisenberg t-shirt & Los Pollos Hermanos t-shirt off Amazon. Hopefully they get here by my fantasy football draft so I have something to wear when drafting for my team "The One Who Knocks"

:bag:
Shop for your tshirts at 80stees.com

They have the best stuff. I've had my Pollos shirt for a while now, as well as the Heisenberg sketch.

Also, that was one of my team names last year.

Obviously we know from season 2 that flash forwards can tell us very little about what's coming. I mean who was guessing plane crash? Still, I'd rather they didn't use them. I would rather just see stuff as it happens in the story's timeline. Same goes for the weekly previews.

I don't know how I made it through all of Damages with their constant flash-forwarding every episode.

What? Is this more schtick that I'm missing? Jesse came to the house and told his parents that he bought it.

Can Pollard and Tim get together tonight to figure out who will post the next nonsensical points in here to keep us busy until Grantland's precap?

What? Is this more schtick that I'm missing? Jesse came to the house and told his parents that he bought it.
They didn't know who the buyer was until after the sale was complete.

ah, i see what you are saying now.

But then I wonder why they wouldn't come back and do something about it?

Is it possible that they return, kill Declan's crew and go into business with Lydia and Todd? And that is actually who the ricin is for?

Users who are viewing this thread