What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (5 Viewers)

I started rewatching the series on Monday and I'm almost through season 2. I have a job, a wife, a kid and I've watched a lot of playoff baseball this week so I'm not sure how I've done this, but I did.

Forgot how good the early seasons were.

Started off great. Little lull in the middle with Todd but classic BB with how weird/psychotic that guy was. Good ending. The shootout with the welders was great.

Ill watch Vince Gilligan make a show about pretty much anything at this point.

Never got the hate for her.

Thought she was good....and she killed it those last few eps.
Considered Skyler as no more than irritating in the way wives can be irritating until she was in on it. Then she was the corruption equivalent of "i will mitigate the sin of prostitution by being a bad lay" and that drove me to absolute distraction every time a story was based around the home for the rest of the series.

I'm not trying to live blog my rewatch or anything, but last night I was watching the penultimate episode of season 2. The very end of course is when Walt unintentionally knocks Jane onto her back as he's trying to wake Jesse. My wife was watching with me and she has a real aversion to seeing people throw up, real or fake, so I muted it as she looked away as it all played out.

Watching Cranston act that scene out with no sound, just focusing on his actions/inactions/reactions, was just incredible. The next time you find yourself on Netflix without something specific to watch, do yourself a favor and pull up this episode and watch the ending with no sound. Promise you won't be disappointed.

And since there are no good samaritan laws in ABQ, you have that added benefit of seeing Walt not break any laws in the scene.

Scoresman said:
I would watch a series based solely on Skyler making pancakes for Finn. Anything in the BB universe is gold. 
I would watch a series based on Lydia and her history with Madrigal, if only to see Laura Fraser playing that role again on a regular basis. :wub:  

RUSF18 said:
I'm not trying to live blog my rewatch or anything, but last night I was watching the penultimate episode of season 2. The very end of course is when Walt unintentionally knocks Jane onto her back as he's trying to wake Jesse. My wife was watching with me and she has a real aversion to seeing people throw up, real or fake, so I muted it as she looked away as it all played out.

Watching Cranston act that scene out with no sound, just focusing on his actions/inactions/reactions, was just incredible. The next time you find yourself on Netflix without something specific to watch, do yourself a favor and pull up this episode and watch the ending with no sound. Promise you won't be disappointed.

And since there are no good samaritan laws in ABQ, you have that added benefit of seeing Walt not break any laws in the scene.
Hell yeah!  It's pointing out the obvious, but Cranston was incredible in that scene.  Just one of many where he put on an acting clinic. 

I would watch a series based on Lydia and her history with Madrigal, if only to see Laura Fraser playing that role again on a regular basis. :wub:  

Hell yeah!  It's pointing out the obvious, but Cranston was incredible in that scene.  Just one of many where he put on an acting clinic. 
:goodposting:

Second only to his phone call to Skylar in Ozymandius, which may be the greatest bit of acting I've ever witnessed (at least, been cognizant of).

Good lord...I completely forgot about Walt and Jesse hiding from Hank in the RV, and how they got out of it.

Brutal.

Finally got around to watching it Friday night.  Not impressed.  Felt like it dragged on forever.  For the first hour, the wife and I didn't even know what they were getting at.  Probably could have wrapped it up in a 1 hour show with commercials.  Seemed like a LOT of filler.

Finally got around to watching it Friday night.  Not impressed.  Felt like it dragged on forever.  For the first hour, the wife and I didn't even know what they were getting at.  Probably could have wrapped it up in a 1 hour show with commercials.  Seemed like a LOT of filler.
What’s there to “wrap up”?

Enjoy the journey 

I could watch an entire series of Jesse going on nature hikes in Alaska and I wouldn't be bored.  One of the best characters on TV IMO.  I can't believe they were originally going to kill him off in season 1.  

Captain Cranks said:
They got rid of him too soon. Great character.
they didn't get rid of him per say by choice.  He was originally planned to be a major player through out the season but the actor was not happy in the role and asked Gilligan to kill off his character.

==============

“It’s really difficult to pull off. They were like, ‘We want you to come back and do eight more episodes.’ And I said, ‘No. I’ll do one more and that’s it. You guys have to kill me.’ They’re like, ‘We never heard of an actor that wanted to die.’ And I’m like, ‘You don’t understand. This part’s really hard.’”

they didn't get rid of him per say by choice.  He was originally planned to be a major player through out the season but the actor was not happy in the role and asked Gilligan to kill off his character.

==============

“It’s really difficult to pull off. They were like, ‘We want you to come back and do eight more episodes.’ And I said, ‘No. I’ll do one more and that’s it. You guys have to kill me.’ They’re like, ‘We never heard of an actor that wanted to die.’ And I’m like, ‘You don’t understand. This part’s really hard.’”
Interesting. I didn't know that.

Nothing else too insightful to add as I finished my rewatch. Maybe will watch El Camino again, but I recall that being a step down.

I gave it another run through after people in the Ozark thread were comparing it to Breaking Bad. Ozark is good, but this is still a masterpiece. So much detail in the foreshadowing and continuity.

Nothing else too insightful to add as I finished my rewatch. Maybe will watch El Camino again, but I recall that being a step down.

I gave it another run through after people in the Ozark thread were comparing it to Breaking Bad. Ozark is good, but this is still a masterpiece. So much detail in the foreshadowing and continuity.
The wife and I just finished Season 1 in our rewatch last night.  Will then watch El Camino (which she's never seen), and the first 5 seasons of Better Call Saul again leading up to the Season 6 BCS premiere.  

After waiting so long, going to seem almost overwhelming with the final seasons of BCS, Ozark, and Peaky Blinders all being released practically right on top of each other.  

Last edited by a moderator:

I had almost forgotten about El Camino - I mean, it wasn't bad just was very meh and forgettable.  Honestly, if you put a gun to my head I'm not sure I could tell you what happens in it.

I had almost forgotten about El Camino - I mean, it wasn't bad just was very meh and forgettable.  Honestly, if you put a gun to my head I'm not sure I could tell you what happens in it.

So true.  All I recall is some type of kidnapping and/or hostage situation in an apartment.  Not a mandatory watch IMO.  

Users who are viewing this thread