What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

my lifes in the crapper (1 Viewer)

bluemagic

Footballguy
so here i am......24 and i dont know how to maintain any sort of life

ive been unemployed for 4 months and im behind over a thousand on my rent. my only work experience is in painting, construction and HVAC and they are all dead industries right now it appears where i live

the landlord wants me out......ive begged and borrowed all i can over the past few months

if i have to leave i have nowhere to go...nobody in my family is willing to take me in..not even either of my parents

whats the next step? where do i go from here?

i just dont see any answers

any suggestions? right now it looks like it would be better to no longer exist

so here i am......24 and i dont know how to maintain any sort of lifeive been unemployed for 4 months and im behind over a thousand on my rent. my only work experience is in painting, construction and HVAC and they are all dead industries right now it appears where i livethe landlord wants me out......ive begged and borrowed all i can over the past few monthsif i have to leave i have nowhere to go...nobody in my family is willing to take me in..not even either of my parentswhats the next step? where do i go from here?i just dont see any answersany suggestions? right now it looks like it would be better to no longer exist
Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines?

First step would be to stop posting on a message board and start looking for a job. You're 24. Life is good.

so here i am......24 and i dont know how to maintain any sort of lifeive been unemployed for 4 months and im behind over a thousand on my rent. my only work experience is in painting, construction and HVAC and they are all dead industries right now it appears where i livethe landlord wants me out......ive begged and borrowed all i can over the past few monthsif i have to leave i have nowhere to go...nobody in my family is willing to take me in..not even either of my parentswhats the next step? where do i go from here?i just dont see any answersany suggestions? right now it looks like it would be better to no longer exist
i tried the navy a few months ago........i dont qualify for medical reasons

sell the computer you are posting on?

no they wont and i dont know why......ive been almost at this point several times in the past 3 years and they offer no help

There's absolutely no work you can do?

Have you tried filing for unemployment?

Where do you live (state)?

Wow, what did you do to your parents that they won't take you in?

of course ive been looking for work..i just got home from 2 interviews for jobs im not qualified for and know i wont get

Well, for starters your spelling and grammar is better than 90% of the FBG's in these forums, so you've got that going for you.

Might be a good time to look for work in areas that you haven't thought about before now. Since you are online, search through any and all job opportunities on places like Craigslist.org and Monster.com.

Time to "think outside the box". Hell, be a dishwasher or a clown that sings telegrams. Try anything.

Don't let yourself fall into a funk/depression. Go visit old people in a nursing home; try to cheer them up.

Good luck.

Wow, what did you do to your parents that they won't take you in?
i didnt do anything to my parents........they are both actually former dug addict/alcoholics who i had to take care of in my teens before they seperated...........last one i lived with was my mother who booted me out so she could go live with her fiance

yeah dude, bite the bullet and take whatever job you can get... let your landlord know what's up with the job, and hopefully he will help you out.

Well, for starters your spelling and grammar is better than 90% of the FBG's in these forums, so you've got that going for you.Might be a good time to look for work in areas that you haven't thought about before now. Since you are online, search through any and all job opportunities on places like Craigslist.org and Monster.com. Time to "think outside the box". Hell, be a dishwasher or a clown that sings telegrams. Try anything.Don't let yourself fall into a funk/depression. Go visit old people in a nursing home; try to cheer them up. Good luck.
i cant do certain work that requires people skills because i suffer from crippling social phobia......its hard for me to even leave the house and the only jobs i was ever good at were working with my hands and not dealing with people

Find a trade the you can easily learn and move up in. Find a decent restaurant. You can work there as a grunt to start but turnover is usually high and you can move up quickly if you want to learn and do your job well. Plus they might feed you.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all - what ever might be in your past, is there - do not let it influence or destroy your future as well

You are only 24, so there is much to live for, a whole lifetime to experience

Try to become positive, devise a vision for your future - 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, etc

The perseverance of the Human Will is a Wonderful Thing

Hit a trade the you can easily learn and move up in. Find a decent restaurant. You can work there as a grunt to start but turnover is usually high and you can move up quickly if you want to learn and do your job well. Plus they might feed you.
ive actually thought of working in food prep.........i enjoy cooking i have no formal training though and all ads i see are for people with years of experience in the business

Well, for starters your spelling and grammar is better than 90% of the FBG's in these forums, so you've got that going for you.Might be a good time to look for work in areas that you haven't thought about before now. Since you are online, search through any and all job opportunities on places like Craigslist.org and Monster.com. Time to "think outside the box". Hell, be a dishwasher or a clown that sings telegrams. Try anything.Don't let yourself fall into a funk/depression. Go visit old people in a nursing home; try to cheer them up. Good luck.
i cant do certain work that requires people skills because i suffer from crippling social phobia......its hard for me to even leave the house and the only jobs i was ever good at were working with my hands and not dealing with people
You're going to have to try to deal with that if you are going to move forward in life. Have you looked into having your condition treated? Even if you think you can't afford it, there may be programs out there to help you through this.

First of all - what ever might be in your past, is there - do not let it influence or destroy your future as wellYou are only 24, so there is much to live for, a whole lifetime to experienceTry to become positive, devise a vision for your future - 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, etcThe perseverance of the Human Will is a Wonderful Thing
thats impossible because right now for all i know at the end of the month ill be in the streethard to stay upbeat

I would go see someone and get some meds for the social anxietySome Paxil or something could really help you out

Hit a trade the you can easily learn and move up in. Find a decent restaurant. You can work there as a grunt to start but turnover is usually high and you can move up quickly if you want to learn and do your job well. Plus they might feed you.
ive actually thought of working in food prep.........i enjoy cooking i have no formal training though and all ads i see are for people with years of experience in the business
get your foot in the door with a busboy job or something...

You're going to have to try to deal with that if you are going to move forward in life. Have you looked into having your condition treated? Even if you think you can't afford it, there may be programs out there to help you through this.
ive actually just begun looking for a shrink and maybe get meds......but im worried its too late because in less than a month i dont know where im going to go...........i dont even know where my next meal is coming from half the time and i dont eat every day

OK, but still I would advise you to look at anything and everything that you possibly could do, and think beyong the types of jobs you've had up to now. Don't limit yourself and you might find something sooner, even with the limitations of the social phobia. I work in accounting, and over the years I've seen many accounting personnel who were outstanding but were asocial. What I'm saying is, don't focus on what you can't do, search for something you can do.

Prostitution down?

Seriously. You've only been on the board a few days. After a while here, you won't even notice you're homeless.

You have to knock on doors and sometimes you even have to kick them open. They usually don't open for you. Go out and give it a shot. Seem enthusiastic, sincere, and a little desperate. Trust me, at every restuarant you go to there will be at least some people the current manager is not happy with. If you get a shot, make the most of it. Good luck.

Go to every single grocery store you can and ask if they have openings to stock the shelves at night. You can make decent money at grocery stores.

I've had to endure a few of those moments in my life so far. They ain't fun!

Two things:

1. Where do you live?

2. Are you familiar with tensile structures?
i live in bronx nycand no im not familiar with tensile structures as any more than a laymen

my only real skill is artwork if anyone wants to see............i just dont think im good enough to make a living from it

:lmao:

sell everything you own except the computer you are on. apply for financial aid, take out student loans and get ready for the best 4 years of your life. it is called college. after 4-5 yrs of undergrad if you are not happy, take out another 60k and go to law school. you will be about 32 when you are done and if all else fails, you can go back to painting.

You have to knock on doors and sometimes you even have to kick them open. They usually don't open for you. Go out and give it a shot. Seem enthusiastic, sincere, and a little desperate. Trust me, at every restuarant you go to there will be at least some people the current manager is not happy with. If you get a shot, make the most of it. Good luck.
where thats where social phobia hurts..........im too nervous to go around asking everywhere i can which is why im only comfortable responding to adsthats why ive finally made the decision to seek help i just hope i have enough time for some medication to stabilize me.........if the shrink even gives it to me right away

Two things:

1. Where do you live?

i live in bronx nycand no im not familiar with tensile structures as any more than a laymen

my only real skill is artwork if anyone wants to see............i just dont think im good enough to make a living from it
NYC - not exactly ideal for those with social phobias and no money. How about moving to a cheaper less populated place for starters?

look im not fishing for sympathy or lame jokes here........im only asking for suggestions because i dont know what else to do

i told you im seeking help

get your foot in the door with a busboy job or something...
:lmao: Seriously, man. Working at a restaurant is a score because not only will you get some kind of financial pay, but you may also score food, meaning you can apply the check you get from your restaurant mainly to your rent.

any suggestions? right now it looks like it would be better to no longer exist
Based on your last sentence, please dial 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433). Really. Even if it's only a fleeting thought, it is worth your time to talk to someone about what is going on. I nearly lost a friend to suicide (no one had any idea he was in such a world of hurt) and I wish he had told someone, even someone on an anonymous help line, what he was feeling/thinking. Hang in there man.

Two things:

1. Where do you live?

NYC - not exactly ideal for those with social phobias and no money. How about moving to a cheaper less populated place for starters?
how can i move with lint in my pocket? and this computer and internet service belongs to my grandmother by the way guys

Well, it's a bit late to start asking these kinds of questions but as others have already stated.... there are always jobs to be found. There is no shame in taking a job as a janitor, at McDonald's, etc., but do something. Grocery stores are always hiring as are bars and eateries. No matter how menial you consider the job, do it well. You may be able to work two or more of these kinds of jobs at the same time to make ends meet. You're not looking for a career here, but you may end up finding one by accident.As for your living situation, you don't have any friends that you could crash with for a short time until you can make enough money to afford your own place again? Or potential roommates to share the rent/bills with?

Well, for starters your spelling and grammar is better than 90% of the FBG's in these forums, so you've got that going for you.

Might be a good time to look for work in areas that you haven't thought about before now. Since you are online, search through any and all job opportunities on places like Craigslist.org and Monster.com.

Time to "think outside the box". Hell, be a dishwasher or a clown that sings telegrams. Try anything.

Don't let yourself fall into a funk/depression. Go visit old people in a nursing home; try to cheer them up.

Good luck.
Read The Game

Users who are viewing this thread