What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (5 Viewers)

Draft analysis of white Linebackers...

"He may not be the most athletic guy on the field, but he has a motor that won’t quit."

haven't kept up with the thread so sure most, if not all, of these were mentioned:

"what's the shark move?" < anything involving "shark" with a question is one of the gayyyest things ever said by a guy. It's not funny, not clever and if you were ever a "shark" you wouldn't have to ask the question now, would ja?

EVOO < makes me want to punch Rachel Ray in the face when she says it or anyone else

Can we unpack this a little more? < How about unpacking your face with my fist instead?

"The "N" Word" < I think this is actually worse than just saying it to be honest. Just saying that phrase shows you want the other person to know what the word is but your too much of a ##### to actually say it. Either say the word or better yet no reason to even bring it up.

I would love more Name association with actions kind of words in people's vocabulary such as

"If someone hurts my family I'll pull an OJ on you"

"Quit A-Roding me and simply tell me the truth"

"That mom is so bat crazy I won't be shocked if she pulls a Susan Smith"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking outside the box
Absolutely loathe this one. Although the irony does amuse me every now and then when people say it. Chances are if you have to resort to a cliche to express the concept of creative, original thinking you're not much of a creative, original thinker yourself.

"what's the shark move?" < anything involving "shark" with a question is one of the gayyyest things ever said by a guy. It's not funny, not clever and if you were ever a "shark" you wouldn't have to ask the question now, would ja?
What if I say it in an ironic manner, like I know it's gay but find it hilarious?

"The N Word"

God, I hate when people say this.
haven't kept up with the thread so sure most, if not all, of these were mentioned:

EVOO < makes me want to punch Rachel Ray in the face when she says it or anyone else

Can we unpack this a little more? < How about unpacking your face with my fist instead?

"The "N" Word" < I think this is actually worse than just saying it to be honest. Just saying that phrase shows you want the other person to know what the word is but your too much of a ##### to actually say it. Either say the word or better yet no reason to even bring it up.

I would love more Name association with actions kind of words in people's vocabulary such as

I can understand this but what is the alternative? Say someone called someone a racial slur such as that and you were re-telling what happened to some 3rd party, would you just say the word or say he called him the N-word?

What if I say it in an ironic manner, like I know it's gay but find it hilarious?
:confused: OK that stands but thinking more like this:Q: "This hot chick keeps looking at me, smiling and basically giving me the come over and talk to me look...what's the shark move here?" :wub:

"The N Word"

God, I hate when people say this.

I can understand this but what is the alternative? Say someone called someone a racial slur such as that and you were re-telling what happened to some 3rd party, would you just say the word or say he called him the N-word?
Either say the word or just don't re-tell the story. It's not like you are a better person for saying the "N" word. If you can't actually say a word (for example maybe some people can't say #### (rhymes with hunt) so just don't retell it or say it.

Users who are viewing this thread