Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kethnaab

16-team IDP dynasty rebuilding project - value of Kirk Morrison

You can see my team and the scoring in my sig, trying to get this team up to speed.

I have a guy chomping at the bit to get his hands on Kirk Morrison.

He just offered Pisa Tinoisamoa and his 2nd rounder for Kirk Morrison and my 4th rounder

obviously that's not even close, IMO

so I'm going to counter with the following:

LT2 + Morrison + Javon Walker

for

LaMarr Woodley + Leon Washington + Davone Bess

considering we get points for returns, and I already have Thomas Jones, how nuts am I for doing this? I hate losing Kirk Morrison and his steady production, but Woodley is a beast and will be for years to come, plus Washington and Bess can get me return yards, at the very least

you must really like Woodley! That would be a good trade if sacks are worth like 20 pts each

The original offer is not terrible IMO just a matter of what LB's like Morrison fetch in your league. The 2.07 pick is in the range where you would draft a rookie to replace him. (This years Lofton/Meyo)

On your offer to the other owner, if he takes it...you owe him a beer. Leon/Bess/Woodley all have current/future value in dynasty due to their ages. I don't think Bess and Woodley have peaked yet and Leon is a great player in your scoring format. He must really be in love with Morrison if he takes it because LT is winding down and Walker holds no value.

Good luck.

Original offer is pretty bad, you get nothing of certain value for a guy who is solid, and not old.

I think your counter might be too much the other way, since Walker is useless.

:lmao:

Morrison's numbers could drop a bit if John Marshall brings his ultra read and react style to Oakland, but Woodley is a huge risk in your scoring system and trading LT2 away (return yards or not) may not be a great idea either.

To follow up on Jene's thoughts regarding Woodley being a huge risk in this scoring system you have. I don't completely agree. Woodley had a nice season this past year and has a higher ceiling than what we have seen thus far due to the system he plays in and his age. His role is likely to increase over the next couple of years and his production will as well. IMO the system for LB's in Pitt is clear, keep drafting good ones, don't rush their progress and then they seem to peak in their late 20's (most recent example being Harrison).

His point swings from week to week are common for a LB that does what he does at his age, if you can live with that he is really really solid with a high ceiling IMO. He will only get better from here, will he ever be a 100+ tackler?...probably not, but getting in on the floor before he does blow up is a wise move to me, especially if you are rebuilding.