What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is paying to become an ESPN Insider worth it? (1 Viewer)

number 9

Footballguy
It looks to be $60 for two years or $45 for one year. I like to read up on the NFL, NCAA Basketball and Football, and NHL. Is ESPN's paid content good enough to warrant paying for it?

No, it's not worth it, but why would you give ESPN any money at all, even if it was worth it?

If you like the Magazine and subscribe it's included then it's OK, otherwise I say no. You can try it for 30 days.

It looks to be $60 for two years or $45 for one year. I like to read up on the NFL, NCAA Basketball and Football, and NHL. Is ESPN's paid content good enough to warrant paying for it?
Most of my use of ESPN Insider comes during the NFL Draft and the offseason in general. Having access to the Scouts Inc scouting reports for rookies is nice, and was pretty much worth the price for me when I first got it. I also like being able to look up veterans who they have similar gradings for, particularly the guys I haven't gotten to see play very much or a position like O-lineman who in my opinion few people can do a very good job of evaluating without actually watching game film.Other than that... eh.... sometimes they put articles over in Insider that really shouldn't be, and they just put them there to try to create some reason for people to buy it. I suppose it's nice to be able to get to them, but really the NFL draft content is the only thing of much worth to me.

Not worth it, did the buy the magazine and take the free insider for a year trial when I had more free time just to see.

I like Buster Olney's baseball blog, but just about everything else they offered can be had for free elsewhere on the net.

As great as Olney's blog was it's definitely not worth the full subscription price. I'm fine with being slightly behind the pulse of baseball and spending my $ on something else.

No. I became an Insider about 6 years ago, tried to cancel after my first year, and was still an Insider just under a year ago, when I was finally able to cancel my subscription.

Geico isn't paying for it anymore? Use to be free i remember the ''go sign up for free insider thanks to Geico'' ( or it may have been progressve One of the insurance companies anyway ) commercials. I never went to sign up so deff not worth paying a penny to me.

Could be a situation of me not knowing what im missing but i'll keep it not knowing.

If you like the Magazine and subscribe it's included then it's OK, otherwise I say no. You can try it for 30 days.
half finished statements in the "click here to read the rest of" style are annoying so it's nice to finish those. I like the magazine

Geico isn't paying for it anymore? Use to be free i remember the ''go sign up for free insider thanks to Geico'' ( or it may have been progressve One of the insurance companies anyway ) commercials. I never went to sign up so deff not worth paying a penny to me. Could be a situation of me not knowing what im missing but i'll keep it not knowing.
I forgot about that, what did wind up happenning?

I had the free membership with ESPN magazine a year ago, the subscription ran out and I don't miss the Insider at all. If you like the magazine then it's totally worth it. Otherwise, meh. Not worth the price IMO for articles that honestly should be free on the website. Doesn't ESPN get advertiser revenue? It's all a racket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my use of ESPN Insider comes during the NFL Draft and the offseason in general. Having access to the Scouts Inc scouting reports for rookies is nice, and was pretty much worth the price for me when I first got it. I also like being able to look up veterans who they have similar gradings for, particularly the guys I haven't gotten to see play very much or a position like O-lineman who in my opinion few people can do a very good job of evaluating without actually watching game film.Other than that... eh.... sometimes they put articles over in Insider that really shouldn't be, and they just put them there to try to create some reason for people to buy it. I suppose it's nice to be able to get to them, but really the NFL draft content is the only thing of much worth to me.
:shrug: took the words out of my mouth.

Or instead of stealing from someone else you could buy the subscription and donate it if you don't want it. ESPN will handle for you all of the details of getting it routed to a military base somewhere so the troops will get it. My magazines are sent to the USS Denver.

If anyone's interested in getting ESPN Insider on the cheap: http://www.1saleaday.com/

$2.99 per year for the magazine + Insider, up to 3 years. Good today only.

I don't really love the magazine, but it will do for bathroom reading - and the Insider is nice to have around NFL draft time.

Or instead of stealing from someone else you could buy the subscription and donate it if you don't want it. ESPN will handle for you all of the details of getting it routed to a military base somewhere so the troops will get it. My magazines are sent to the USS Denver.
I prefer to donate something that they would actually want and not send them a crappy magazine.

try this on for size........for 2.99 shipping and handling....you can get a Free Yearly Subscription to ESPN the Magazine, plus Bonus Access to ESPN.com's Insider Portal - Up to 3 Years Per Person

http://1saleaday.com/
Did anyone else try this? I did, but I never received anything.
I didn't try that, but I do know that magazine subscriptions generally take 6-8 weeks to start. It's been just about 6 weeks since that was offered so it will probably start soon. This site has prices for ESPN Magazine from a bunch of different sites - lowest listed for 1 year is $7.50.

I would not pay $45 for Insider, but I like having it as a perk with my magazine subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread