What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 final rounds! (1 Viewer)

Just over 2 rounds to go.

If you need to drop off a list, go ahead and send it to me.

I'll check in regularly today and tomorrow to keep this moving and hopefully to wrap it up.

Just over 2 rounds to go.If you need to drop off a list, go ahead and send it to me.I'll check in regularly today and tomorrow to keep this moving and hopefully to wrap it up.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)1 Members: BassNBrew :goodposting:

Just over 2 rounds to go.If you need to drop off a list, go ahead and send it to me.I'll check in regularly today and tomorrow to keep this moving and hopefully to wrap it up.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)1 Members: BassNBrew :unsure:
:thumbup: Brutal.
You really need to relax a little.
Wasn't just you - no one had shown up today after my pick.I'm just trying to finish this before the weekend if at all possible and move things along, which has generally been appreciated I think. If that's an issue for you, sorry.Several people here have wanted to keep things rolling, so excuse me if nothing happens for several hours midday. If you're busy, I understand and respect that.I'm just a bit surprised that no one else has dropped by at all today, even to drop off a list.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)1 Members: BassNBrew :thumbup:
:sadbanana: Brutal.
Wasn't just you - no one had shown up today after my pick.I'm just trying to finish this before the weekend if at all possible and move things along, which has generally been appreciated I think. If that's an issue for you, sorry.Several people here have wanted to keep things rolling, so excuse me if nothing happens for several hours midday. If you're busy, I understand and respect that.I'm just a bit surprised that no one else has dropped by at all today, even to drop off a list.
Not sure where dpease is located but you picked at 6:30 in the morning PST. Sorry if you have to wait a little in the morning for the west coasters to wake up or get to work. You don't hear me #####ing about no picks after 6pm PST. It's just the way things are. We're on pace for a 3-4 week draft...which is standard. And seriously...it's Feb 12. Sure, we've hit some lulls and it really drags when we wait >4 hours for a couple picks in a row (or only a couple picks are made in a day)and people can lose interest. And yes, even I, do appreciate you trying to move the draft along. But just try to remember that your midday isn't everyone's midday. Don't make me go LHUCKS on you about f'n east coast bias. :thumbup: Are we ifriends again?

1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)1 Members: BassNBrew :thumbup:
:lmao: Brutal.
Not sure where dpease is located but you picked at 6:30 in the morning PST. Sorry if you have to wait a little in the morning for the west coasters to wake up or get to work. You don't hear me #####ing about no picks after 6pm PST. It's just the way things are. We're on pace for a 3-4 week draft...which is standard. And seriously...it's Feb 12. Sure, we've hit some lulls and it really drags when we wait >4 hours for a couple picks in a row (or only a couple picks are made in a day)and people can lose interest. And yes, even I, do appreciate you trying to move the draft along. But just try to remember that your midday isn't everyone's midday. Don't make me go LHUCKS on you about f'n east coast bias. :thumbup: Are we ifriends again?
Wow, and I need to relax? Seriously, I don't know why I always seem to be the one that tries to effor these things along, but it's really not a fun role.Again, my comments weren't directed to anyone in particular, but I was only trying to get the draft to its conclusion. WSL1 is long done and with a weekend that is both a semi-holiday (President's Day) and pseudo-holiday (Valentine's Day) looming I was hopeful that we might get to Round 20 by tomorrow. Some have been very pro-active about moving things along this week, while others haven't. I know that whenever I can't be around for 6-8 hours I try and make sure it's covered by a list. It is a delicate balance between not pissing people off about reminding them about a slow roll draft in February and also herding 16 cats towards a finish line with 100 other things on their mind aside from FF.Now, aside from you and I, where's everyone else been today, either themselves or by proxy? That's the real crux of the matter.

Don't sweat it Jeff, I appreciate the extra effort.

It isn't so much a time zone issue IMO, but more a matter of just respecting others time and using a little extra effort to send people a short list if you know you won't be around for awhile.

For some reason people haven't been doing this much in this draft. Not sure why. Last year I was getting lists from people for multiple rounds.

I don't think anyone is getting too bent out of shape, but like Jeff said just trying to sheppard this through.

Agreed, I almost took him round 18 but the lack of recent news scared me off.

Calling it a night. 8 whole picks today ... good day :thumbup:

I'll have to send a long list to someone for the last round...virtually no hope of getting there before I hit the road.

Hopefully I at least get the 19th round done............

19.02 ADRIAN ARRINGTON, WR, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

I'll be the first (and probably the last) to put this guy on your radar for 09.

Will give some more info when I have time.

Bloom was talking him up as a Bigger WR in the Colston mold that could fill that role nicely of Colston goes down...

- Also Patten was released today.

Bloom was talking him up as a Bigger WR in the Colston mold that could fill that role nicely of Colston goes down...

Good for Bloom -- he may be on to something. Here's my thinking:The Saints #2 and #3 WR position is pretty unclear headed into next season. Moore is a RFA, and Henderson is a UFA. I think there's a good shot that Henderson is gone, and if the Saints get an opportunity to shore up their defense with a draft pick that they would acquire for Moore, they may do it. Recall that since Brees has been with the team, he's made some pretty unremarkable wide receivers look good (i.e. Patten, Terrance Copper, and frankly I'd include Henderson and Moore in this list also). Add in the fact that Marques Colston hasn't exactly been an ironman, and that Robert Meachem is absolutely on the bubble with the team, and you realize that there is a real opportunity for somebody to step up and produce for the Saints.

Enter Arrington. By all accounts, he was outperforming everyone in camp at WR lst year with the exception of Colston before a toe injury. He's the type of big, athletic target that Brees has historically liked (Colston, Gates). He's probably faster than Colston at this point as well. Admittedly, however, his college career was uneven at Michigan. That said, check out these highlights of him dismantling Florida in the Capital One Bowl in his last college game:

There's a great chance he'll do nothing this year. But in the late rounds of a WSL, I love drafting guys like this just to get some discussion going on players that have a chance to come out of nowhere and have fantasy success.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good for Bloom -- he may be on to something. Here's my thinking:The Saints #2 and #3 WR position is pretty unclear headed into next season. Moore is a RFA, and Henderson is a UFA. I think there's a good shot that Henderson is gone, and if the Saints get an opportunity to shore up their defense with a draft pick that they would acquire for Moore, they may do it. Recall that since Brees has been with the team, he's made some pretty unremarkable wide receivers look good (i.e. Patten, Terrance Copper, and frankly I'd include Henderson and Moore in this list also). Add in the fact that Marques Colston hasn't exactly been an ironman, and that Robert Meachem is absolutely on the bubble with the team, and you realize that there is a real opportunity for somebody to step up and produce for the Saints.

Enter Arrington. By all accounts, he was outperforming everyone in camp at WR lst year with the exception of Colston before a toe injury. He's the type of big, athletic target that Brees has historically liked (Colston, Gates). He's probably faster than Colston at this point as well. Admittedly, however, his college career was uneven at Michigan. That said, check out these highlights of him dismantling Florida in the Capital One Bowl in his last college game:

:confused: Very nice name to bring out of the woodwork. He'd been off of my radar but I do recall the August :lmao: for him last year now that you mention it.

For the record, I have renesauz's list for Pick 20.

Let me know if you need to do the same (and also feel free to time your list dropoff according to my next pick, but I doubt we fight over much of anything at this point).

Okay, anyone needing / wanting to drop off a list for their last 1-2 picks, feel free.

I'll try and get this finished for us as quickly as we can (and on to the discussions).

WR Rashied Davis, CHI
like this pick Rudscame close to snaggin him at the end of wsl1 wish I had now
I also strongly considered him at 19.09.
I don't get the appeal of him - what's with the concensus :kicksrock: ?Just a good gamble, or more than that?
very probably a starting WR in the 19th round, thats all I mean it is a chicago WR that had a major case of the drops so lets not get ahead of ourselves

WR Rashied Davis, CHI
like this pick Rudscame close to snaggin him at the end of wsl1 wish I had now
I also strongly considered him at 19.09.
I don't get the appeal of him - what's with the concensus :lmao: ?Just a good gamble, or more than that?
Seems like good baseline value to add to a survivor style WR corps. Seems likely to perform as well as most of the WRs selected in the last few rounds.

Finished as WR 70 in 2008 FBG scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread