What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CHUCK NORRIS Dynasty startup, Draft 3/1, MFL (League Full) (1 Viewer)

stp-d

Footballguy
Current League Mates:

1.) stp-d

2.) garlicduck

3.) doowain

4.) djb916420

5.) Ernol

6.) Devildog919

7.) Rodgev

8.) Ninerfan

9.) Bandite

10.) Roarlions

11.) The Captain

12.)Kevthegrad

I need 0 other good manager who want to start-up a Dynasty whose serpentine draft will take place 7pm Sunday 3/1. LEAGUE IS NOW FULL..

Pass Td = 4

Pass Yd = .005

300 Pass Yd Bonus = 3

INT/FL = -1

Rush/Rec TD = 6

Rush/Rec Yd = .1

100 Rush/Rec Yd Bonus = 3

Balance of scoring is rather standard

Chuck Norris League

Franchises = 12 Owners

Starting Team = 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 Defense/Special teams = 10 starters

Roster Size and Roster Limits: There will be twenty-four (24) roster spots.

Rookie Drafts: In the future, the order of the rookie draft will be determined by a worst to first order. The team with the worst record will have the first pick, the team with the second worst record will have the second pick, and so on; this will be how the first six picks are determined. The last six won’t be based on record, but how those teams fared in the play-offs. For example, the league champion will have the last pick of the draft, the team that placed second will have the eleventh pick, and so on. Records will break ties for teams that finished in the same position during the play-offs, with the team that finished with the worse record drafting higher. This draft will not be serpentine; the second round will go back to the same order as the first round. There will be four rounds of drafting, but teams are not required to make a pick. The rookie draft will take place about one week after the NFL draft.

Draft: Initial draft will take place 3/1 at 7pm. Draft will consist of 28 rounds, Snake draft with order determined by random dice roll site (ironyroll). We will roll the dice five times to determine your average roll score. This score will be used to determine the order of selections. Higher the roll the higher the draft slot. 12 hr clock per pick. ROOKIE PICKS WILL BE INCLUDED WITH VET DRAFT. CATCH IS, YOU WILL BE SELECTING DRAFT PICKS RATHER THAN PLAYERS. (Ex: 1.1 Adrian Peterson, 1.2 Ladanian Tomlinson, 1.3 Ronnie Brown, 1.4 1st pick in the Rookie draft, 1.5 Larry Fitzgerald, 1.6 Andre Johnson, 1.7 2nd pick in the Rookie draft, 1.8 Maurice Jones-Drew...etc) 48 total rookie draft picks will be available for selection in the vet Draft, any unselected rookie draft picks will simply be left out of the rookie draft. One team can take as many as 28 or as few rookie draft picks as they like. The Rookie draft to take place seperately following the NFL draft and completion of initial draft. Teams will need to cut back to 24 roster spots by August 30th.

LINE-UPS- Each week you will start the following line-up: 1 - Quarterback 2 - Running Backs 3 - Wide Receivers 1 - Tight End 1 - Kicker 1- FLEX (Rb,Wr or Te) 1 - Defense/ST No IR SPOTS

Fees- The league will cost $75 per year. All fees will be due prior to the rookie draft each year. MFL website fees subject to change, (its usually an extra dollar a year, sometimes there is no change).

Waivers- Waivers will be processed on Wednesday noon during the season. The waivers order will be determined by blind bidding. The owner that wins the bid gets the player. All players not bid on during the bidding period will be placed in the free agent pool and available for pickup Wednesday night at 7pm pst. When a player has been dropped by another team he can not be picked up until waivers process again(the following week). Waivers will be open until week 14. Then will open back up after the Chuck Norris Super Bowl and until Our rookie draft, which will take place one week after NFL draft. Waivers will close May 1st and remained closed until one week after the Chuck Norris draft is over.(subject to change with length of rookie draft). Our future rookie drafts will take place in this time period and our rosters will be allowed to expand to accommodate all of our rookie picks. Rosters will be expanded to 28 players in this time. Rosters need to be cut back down to 24 by Aug 30th..Waivers stay open year-round.

Trades- Trades are permitted until Week 14 games have started(first game of the week). Drop/Add transactions are permitted up to the start of week 14 games. (right before the playoffs start). Trades can include players and/or draft picks (one year in advance max). (OFFSEAON) (after the league championship) Any player on the roster may be traded during the off-season. Future draft picks traded must pay 1/2 down payment ($37.50) of their $75 entry fee Immediatly within 24 hours of completion of trade. -No exceptions

Roster deadlines- All starters must be submitted by your players gametime. Partial Line-ups will not be allowed, but starting a bye-week player is OK.

Schedule & Seeding- There will be a thirteen-week regular season schedule, followed by three weeks of play-offs. The winners of the four divisions will be seeded numbers one-four. The best 2 division winners will receive byes during the first week of the play-offs; higher seeds will be determined by best record; if there is a tie, overall points will break the tie. There will be two wild card teams that make the play-offs. The fifth seed will be chosen from the remaining eight non-division winners by best record, with overall points breaking ties. The sixth and final seed will be decided by the owner (out of the 7 teams remaining) with the most total points. That owner will recieve the sixth seed.

PLAYOFFS/SUPERBOWL- There will be 4 division winners and 2 wild card teams. The 4 division winners are awarded the top 4 seeds, top 2 receiving a bye in week 14. The two wildcard spots come from the remaining 8 teams. 5 seed to the team with the next best record regardless of division. 6th seed to the team with the highest points remaining out of the teams remaining. The lowest wildcard seed plays the #3 division winner with the higher wild card seed playing the #4 division winner. Winners advance. The #1 seed plays the lowest seed, and the remaining team gets the #2 seed with the winners advancing to the Super Bowl in week #16. ex: 3vs6, 4vs5 and the number 1 seed playing the worst team available in the semi's.

Winnings Prize Fund $900 (75 x 12 = $900)

1st place............................... .$350

2nd place................................$200

3rd place............................. ....$125

4th place..................................$75

Yearly point champ..................$50

MFL & Paypal Fees....................$100

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested. Is this a live or email draft? Will there be a separate rookie draft this year?

Thanks

Dave

aka garlicduck

garlicduck said:
I'm very interested. Is this a live or email draft? Will there be a separate rookie draft this year?ThanksDave aka garlicduck
We'll do it live on the site, however there will be a 12 hr clock per pick.Seperate Rookie draft to follow the NFL draft.Should I lock you in?

How will the order of the initial rookie draft be determined and will it be a straight draft (no serpentine)?

How will the order of the initial rookie draft be determined and will it be a straight draft (no serpentine)?
See the changes made regarding the initial vet draft & rookie draft... Interesting changes to make it as fair as possible. The draft will be serpentine.Hope to have you aboard.

Funny, I was just thinking the other day how great it would be to do that exact setup for rookies. Count me in.

For clarity's sake, since i've been asked twice, since it's a new concept for alot of us... After our initial draft on 3/1 is over (which could take some time with a 12 hr clock per pick), your team could be:

1.) Adrian Peterson

2.) Steve Smith

3.) Santonio Holmes

4.) Rookie Pick #1

5.) Rookie Pick #5

6.) Reggie Bush

7.) Rookie pick #25

8.) Antonio Gates

9.) Mark Clayton

10.) Aaron Rodgers

11.) Jon Kitna

12.) Rookie Pick #31

13.) Miami Defense

14.) Ted Ginn Jr.

15.) Dallas Clark

16.) Fred Taylor

17.) Ray Rice

18.) Devery Henderson

19.) Rookie Pick #36

20.) Chad Henne

21.) Jason Avant

22.) Kevin Kolb

23.) Devin Thomas

24.) Johnny Lee Higgins

25.) Rookie Pick #41

26.) Marcedes Lewis

27.) Phil Dawson

28.) Rookie Pick #48

The rookie selections will be made following the real NFL Draft & our initial draft are completed...

DevilDog919 said:
Add me in, wanting to get an early draft started and I like the setup for rookies!
We are in O.S.W.S. together, and you should be a good addition. Welcome aboard.

Ok, I'll play. I'm in OSWS with you (Stars). Just send me an e-mail.
Good deal, you the man. Welcome aboard!!!
I'm interested if I don't get into O.S.W.S. (I'm candidate #1). If I do get in, I might still be interested.
You guys both looked like good candidates for O.S.W.S., the one with no life but computers may have a slight edge :thumbup: I would say either of you guys are welcome to the Chuck Norris league, just PM your email address and name and i'll give you instructions for payment and league site.

I'm in if you don't mind another OSWS owner. I've been looking for a PPR league.

Did you mean Pass Yd=.05 instead of .005?

What is the PPR scoring by position?

I might be interested based upon the answer to these questions.

Pass Td = 4

Pass Yd = .005

300 Pass Yd Bonus = 3

INT/FL = -1

Rush/Rec TD = 6

Rush/Rec Yd = .1

Current League Mates:

1.) stp-d

2.) garlicduck

3.) doowain

4.) djb916420

5.) Ernol

6.) Devildog919

7.) Rodgev

8.) Ninerfan

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

I need 4 other good men who want to start-up a Dynasty whose serpentine draft will take place 7pm Sunday 3/1.

Pass Td = 4

Pass Yd = .005

300 Pass Yd Bonus = 3

INT/FL = -1

Rush/Rec TD = 6

Rush/Rec Yd = .1

Chuck Norris League

Franchises = 12 Owners

Starting Team = 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 Defense/Special teams = 10 starters

Roster Size and Roster Limits: There will be twenty-four (24) roster spots.

Rookie Drafts: In the future, the order of the rookie draft will be determined by a worst to first order. The team with the worst record will have the first pick, the team with the second worst record will have the second pick, and so on; this will be how the first six picks are determined. The last six won’t be based on record, but how those teams fared in the play-offs. For example, the league champion will have the last pick of the draft, the team that placed second will have the eleventh pick, and so on. Records will break ties for teams that finished in the same position during the play-offs, with the team that finished with the worse record drafting higher. This draft will not be serpentine; the second round will go back to the same order as the first round. There will be four rounds of drafting, but teams are not required to make a pick. The rookie draft will take place about one week after the NFL draft.

Draft: Initial draft will take place 3/1 at 7pm. Draft will consist of 28 rounds, Snake draft with order determined by random dice roll site (ironyroll). We will roll the dice five times to determine your average roll score. This score will be used to determine the order of selections. Higher the roll the higher the draft slot. 12 hr clock per pick. ROOKIE PICKS WILL BE INCLUDED WITH VET DRAFT. CATCH IS, YOU WILL BE SELECTING DRAFT PICKS RATHER THAN PLAYERS. (Ex: 1.1 Adrian Peterson, 1.2 Ladanian Tomlinson, 1.3 Ronnie Brown, 1.4 1st pick in the Rookie draft, 1.5 Larry Fitzgerald, 1.6 Andre Johnson, 1.7 2nd pick in the Rookie draft, 1.8 Maurice Jones-Drew...etc) 48 total rookie draft picks will be available for selection in the vet Draft, any unselected rookie draft picks will simply be left out of the rookie draft. One team can take as many as 28 or as few rookie draft picks as they like. The Rookie draft to take place seperately following the NFL draft and completion of initial draft. Teams will need to cut back to 24 roster spots by August 30th.

LINE-UPS- Each week you will start the following line-up: 1 - Quarterback 2 - Running Backs 3 - Wide Receivers 1 - Tight End 1 - Kicker 1- FLEX (Rb,Wr or Te) 1 - Defense/ST No IR SPOTS

Fees- The league will cost $75 per year. All fees will be due prior to the rookie draft each year. MFL website fees subject to change, (its usually an extra dollar a year, sometimes there is no change).

Waivers- Waivers will be processed on Wednesday noon during the season. The waivers order will be determined by blind bidding. The owner that wins the bid gets the player. All players not bid on during the bidding period will be placed in the free agent pool and available for pickup Wednesday night at 7pm pst. When a player has been dropped by another team he can not be picked up until waivers process again(the following week). Waivers will be open until week 14. Then will open back up after the Chuck Norris Super Bowl and until Our rookie draft, which will take place one week after NFL draft. Waivers will close May 1st and remained closed until one week after the Chuck Norris draft is over.(subject to change with length of rookie draft). Our future rookie drafts will take place in this time period and our rosters will be allowed to expand to accommodate all of our rookie picks. Rosters will be expanded to 28 players in this time. Rosters need to be cut back down to 24 by Aug 30th..Waivers stay open year-round.

Trades- Trades are permitted until Week 14 games have started(first game of the week). Drop/Add transactions are permitted up to the start of week 14 games. (right before the playoffs start). Trades can include players and/or draft picks (one year in advance max). (OFFSEAON) (after the league championship) Any player on the roster may be traded during the off-season. Future draft picks traded must pay 1/2 down payment ($37.50) of their $75 entry fee Immediatly within 24 hours of completion of trade. -No exceptions

Roster deadlines- All starters must be submitted by your players gametime. Partial Line-ups will not be allowed, but starting a bye-week player is OK.

Schedule & Seeding- There will be a thirteen-week regular season schedule, followed by three weeks of play-offs. The winners of the four divisions will be seeded numbers one-four. The best 2 division winners will receive byes during the first week of the play-offs; higher seeds will be determined by best record; if there is a tie, overall points will break the tie. There will be two wild card teams that make the play-offs. The fifth seed will be chosen from the remaining eight non-division winners by best record, with overall points breaking ties. The sixth and final seed will be decided by the owner (out of the 7 teams remaining) with the most total points. That owner will recieve the sixth seed.

PLAYOFFS/SUPERBOWL- There will be 4 division winners and 2 wild card teams. The 4 division winners are awarded the top 4 seeds, top 2 receiving a bye in week 14. The two wildcard spots come from the remaining 8 teams. 5 seed to the team with the next best record regardless of division. 6th seed to the team with the highest points remaining out of the teams remaining. The lowest wildcard seed plays the #3 division winner with the higher wild card seed playing the #4 division winner. Winners advance. The #1 seed plays the lowest seed, and the remaining team gets the #2 seed with the winners advancing to the Super Bowl in week #16. ex: 3vs6, 4vs5 and the number 1 seed playing the worst team available in the semi's.

Winnings Prize Fund $900 (75 x 12 = $900)

1st place............................... .$350

2nd place................................$200

3rd place............................. ....$125

4th place..................................$75

Yearly point champ..................$50

MFL & Paypal Fees....................$100

Andrew I want in.

This is Tom Sandness( LL from Corruption)

Send me the link

Thanks

tomsandness@hotmail.com

pjs5388 said:
Did you mean Pass Yd=.05 instead of .005?What is the PPR scoring by position?I might be interested based upon the answer to these questions.Pass Td = 4Pass Yd = .005300 Pass Yd Bonus = 3INT/FL = -1Rush/Rec TD = 6Rush/Rec Yd = .1100 Rush/Rec Yd Bonus = 3Balance of scoring is rather standard
.05 is correct, nice catch...1 PPR for RB/TE/WRIf interested, please PM your resume of experince, and several links to leagues (provide team name) your already in so we can see if your the right fit... If you know someone who already joined who could recommend you, that works even better!!Thanks bud

I want in but fear you have filled it, and also fear I am scheduled to be on an airplane on the way to Edmonton for business when the draft takes place. :confused:

Anybody else reading this thread, looking for a similar league or owners for a similar league, here is my info, drop me a line:

Markham's Floppy Pink Bats Too is my team: http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/70597

Markham's Floppy Pink Bats is my team: http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/31199

Those two are dynasty leagues.

I'm looking for similar leagues with activity year round, trades etc...now. I am going nuts in these leagues with zero activity right now.

Kevin

Toronto

PM me with league info

pjs5388 said:
Did you mean Pass Yd=.05 instead of .005?What is the PPR scoring by position?I might be interested based upon the answer to these questions.Pass Td = 4Pass Yd = .005300 Pass Yd Bonus = 3INT/FL = -1Rush/Rec TD = 6Rush/Rec Yd = .1100 Rush/Rec Yd Bonus = 3Balance of scoring is rather standard
.05 is correct, nice catch...1 PPR for RB/TE/WRIf interested, please PM your resume of experince, and several links to leagues (provide team name) your already in so we can see if your the right fit... If you know someone who already joined who could recommend you, that works even better!!Thanks bud
We have spot left, our draft begins 3/1, earlier if everyone agrees?

I want in but fear you have filled it, and also fear I am scheduled to be on an airplane on the way to Edmonton for business when the draft takes place. :blush:

Anybody else reading this thread, looking for a similar league or owners for a similar league, here is my info, drop me a line:

Markham's Floppy Pink Bats Too is my team: http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/70597

Markham's Floppy Pink Bats is my team: http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/31199

I'm looking for similar leagues with activity year round, trades etc...now. I am going nuts in these leagues with zero activity right now.

Kevin

Toronto

PM me with league info
How long is the draft? I think my plane takes off at 3pm local Eastern Standard Time. I would be able to be on laptop until 2:15 when we board.I would love into an active league with year-round activity.

I want in but fear you have filled it, and also fear I am scheduled to be on an airplane on the way to Edmonton for business when the draft takes place. :confused:

Kevin

Toronto

PM me with league info
How long is the draft? I think my plane takes off at 3pm local Eastern Standard Time. I would be able to be on laptop until 2:15 when we board.I would love into an active league with year-round activity.
We have a 12 hr clock per pick, but we wouldlike to avoid 12 hours pe pick as miuch as possible... i also accept phone calls to make picks... Think you can pull it off?

Users who are viewing this thread