What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I got a job! (1 Viewer)

Dr Zoidberg

Footballguy
Well i did it...........i willed myself to go and inquire in person at a couple HVAC shops. The second one hired me on the spot today and ill be starting maybe as soon as tommorow.

And the best part? NO DRUG TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you everyone who helped me with advice and warm wishes.

Perhaps i can now afford sanity.

Well i did it...........i willed myself to go and inquire in person at a couple HVAC shops. The second one hired me on the spot today and ill be starting maybe as soon as tommorow.

Congrats. You're not hanging out with Bluemagic are you?Beat me to it. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i did it...........i willed myself to go and inquire in person at a couple HVAC shops. The second one hired me on the spot today and ill be starting maybe as soon as tommorow.And the best part? NO DRUG TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks you everyone who helped me with advice and warm wishes.Perhaps i can now afford sanity.
Hey congrats man! Being employed is a good thing. Not having to pee in a cup is even better!

Congrats. You're not hanging out with Bluemagic are you?Beat me to it. :thumbup:
You could say we are one in the same.

Well i did it...........i willed myself to go and inquire in person at a couple HVAC shops. The second one hired me on the spot today and ill be starting maybe as soon as tommorow.And the best part? NO DRUG TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks you everyone who helped me with advice and warm wishes.Perhaps i can now afford sanity.
Hey congrats man! Being employed is a good thing. Not having to pee in a cup is even better!
The BEST part is not peeing in a cup. I absolutely need sedatives and this is great.

My company writes insurance for contractors, some of which are in NYC. Please PM me with the name of the contractor. Seriously.

My company writes insurance for contractors, some of which are in NYC. Please PM me with the name of the contractor. Seriously.
Why would you care?
because I dont want that crazy person on my book of business.
Sorry i wont help you out.........but if you see a tall blonde and extremely handsome fellow of scandinavian descent...........it just might be me.
Probably wouldn't be too hard - not sure what the % of men with pony tails is these days.

Why would you care?
because I dont want that crazy person on my book of business.
Sorry i wont help you out.........but if you see a tall blonde and extremely handsome fellow of scandinavian descent...........it just might be me.
Probably wouldn't be too hard - not sure what the % of men with pony tails is these days.
I hate to inform you but i cut my hair short............probably helped me get the job.Now you cant profile me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, i just sent a memo out to all my colleagues to avoid writing NYC HVAC guys without pre-inspection. Thanks for the heads up.

FWIW, i just sent a memo out to all my colleagues to avoid writing NYC HVAC guys without pre-inspection. Thanks for the heads up.
Well i hate to inform you but its not exactly in the city itself............guess you will have to write off all surrounding counties.Hope that helps your business...............your airflow is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Fry has been impaled by a lead pipe and is seeing Zoidberg for help]Dr. Zoidberg: Ah, here's the hypochondriac. What seems to be the trouble now?Fry: My lead pipe hurts.Dr. Zoidberg: Perfectly normal. Next!
:unsure:it's stories like this that make me wonder when people say "there are no jobs out there". Persistence certainly is the only way to find one. I like the show up and ask for a job approach.

[Fry has been impaled by a lead pipe and is seeing Zoidberg for help]Dr. Zoidberg: Ah, here's the hypochondriac. What seems to be the trouble now?Fry: My lead pipe hurts.Dr. Zoidberg: Perfectly normal. Next!
:popcorn:it's stories like this that make me wonder when people say "there are no jobs out there". Persistence certainly is the only way to find one. I like the show up and ask for a job approach.
listen dude i used to be in that boat, realistically there arent jobs out there....but i hit paydirtbasically on my ability to BS,Im living the american dream........lie lie lie.

:lmao:it's stories like this that make me wonder when people say "there are no jobs out there". Persistence certainly is the only way to find one. I like the show up and ask for a job approach.
based on my immediate experience i can say that true..............im lucky to be very well spoken but in reality i dont know squat.Just BS as much as you can and you can have a job fior a few weeks...........probably long enough for unemployment.GO america!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats bluemagic
Shady you have been by far the most inspirational poster.Your blunt and derogatory responses have ben both thrilling and inflamatory.I hold no ill will. I will do my best at this job but if staten island ever needs duct work...........then god help your soulds.

:boxing: Sniff Sniff Look at our little bluemagic/Dr.Zoidberg he's all growed up.

I'm confused how did this guy go from someone with the inability to talk to people to "very well spoken" :rolleyes:

I don't know what is real now!!

Dr Zoidberg said:
zander_s said:
What will you be doing for this HVAC company?
Duct installation. I'm gonna be right hand man of the top guy...........who happens to be the owners son.
Everyday is Boy Friday. :mellow:

Dr Zoidberg said:
Hipple said:
:mellow:it's stories like this that make me wonder when people say "there are no jobs out there". Persistence certainly is the only way to find one. I like the show up and ask for a job approach.
listen dude i used to be in that boat, realistically there arent jobs out there....but i hit paydirtbasically on my ability to BS,Im living the american dream........lie lie lie.
Dr Zoidberg said:
Hipple said:
:goodposting:it's stories like this that make me wonder when people say "there are no jobs out there". Persistence certainly is the only way to find one. I like the show up and ask for a job approach.
based on my immediate experience i can say that true..............im lucky to be very well spoken but in reality i dont know squat.Just BS as much as you can and you can have a job fior a few weeks...........probably long enough for unemployment.GO america!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wtf

In the O.P you imply it took a supreme act of will just to get up and go (and this is th epart I like because it bore emphasis by you) in person to interview for a job. I doubt you will be able to musgter then the will to show up more than two or three days a week and will loose the job within the month. The cure for this is to recalibrate your perspective and to understand that performing routine tasks requires regular effort, the kind you make day in and day out through a productive life.

Users who are viewing this thread