What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need help with Draft in Upside Down League (1 Viewer)

Rusty Barr

Footballguy
This is my first year playing in an upside down league...

I was wondering if you could help me with draft strategy and players I should target in our draft?

The rosters are the same as currently found in standard MLB leagues: 13 hitters (C / 1B / 2B / SS / 3B / 5 OF / Corner IF / Middle IF / UTIL) and 9 pitchers.

Hitters:

AB (Goal is to be High)

R (Goal is to be Low)

HR (Low)

RBI (Low)

K (High)

AVG (Low)

Pitchers:

IP (High)

L (High)

HR allowed (High)

ERA (High)

WHIP (High)

K (Low)

Any and all tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitters in lowball leagues vary a lot by scoring format. The ones I've seen have been points based because no sites can handle negative roto.

Pitchers are easier than hitters. Target SP5 on bad teams with small home ballparks, and hope that somebody gives Adam Eaton another shot

Stupidest idea I've ever heard of.
LOL. I remember a bunch of guys in my football league telling me that when a couple of us wanted to try IDP. We begged them to let us try it. We started with 3 IDP guys per starting lineup I think. Now we're up to 11 IDP guys starting, and everyone loves it. Not one person in the league would play without IDP. So, I can empathize with your comment.But I dont know why you would think the format is so dumb?Why not come up with a creative way to follow more MLB players? This is one way. Typical league you only follow the top players. In this league you'll follow the bottom players.To me, the format has similarities to when IDP was introduced to the football community.Its all about being able to follow and root for more players. (Ahem, well, in this case, you'll root against players. LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW....there are spots open in this league for those who are interested in it.

Theres an ad about the league in the "league finder" section

I'm with finless on this one.Stupid indeed.
Nah, contests like Hacking Mass are a good way to do something different with the tired fantasy baseball format.If you compete in multiple leagues, the rosters tend to blend together after a while. It's pretty much assured not to happen with a lowball league unless you actually draft guys like Wes Helms for your real team.

Eephus said:
the moops said:
I'm with finless on this one.Stupid indeed.
Nah, contests like Hacking Mass are a good way to do something different with the tired fantasy baseball format.If you compete in multiple leagues, the rosters tend to blend together after a while. It's pretty much assured not to happen with a lowball league unless you actually draft guys like Wes Helms for your real team.
exactly. I play in a traditional keeper league. Big money there. I only play in the one league because I want to focus all of my attention on that one league, and maybe I am not the sharpest knife in the box, but by focusing on just that one league, I know who has who and what is on the waiver wire, and it just helps me compete there I think. One year I played in a second league, and I just didn't like the way that season felt. Felt like I was handicapping myself, divided my attention, by not being completely sure what was available on the free agent wire, and by not being completely 100% devoted to the one big money roster. I am sure I am in the minority on this one. Its just my experience.So, to me, this new league, is "non competing". I am expecting that this format will have me watching entirely different players. The bottom of baseball, so to speak.

I may come back next year and say, it wasn't much different than being in two "superstar" leagues, but my gut tells me that this wont be the case....and that this format is the perfect complement to the other one.

Kind of the same way IDP in football enhances the whole fantasy football thing. IDP doesn't take away from your enjoyment of offense.

I am hoping this "low ball" league just has me following more of baseball.

We'll see.

-

The draft is Tuesday night March 31st at 8:15 pm east coast time.

I have read that leagues like this are a blast and figured it might be a lot of fun.

I am guessing it will be like IDP in fantasy football, where it will give you an opportunity to follow a part of baseball you would normally never follow. The bottom players, so to speak.

Hope you will consider joining us.

Best,

Chris

-

CBS wont limit FA pickups...jsut waiver pick ups.

So, no way to cap.

5 spots open

we are trying to fill the league

7 have committed so far

I was so excited when I first learned of the format. I am honestly shocked more people are not willing to try it for $25 bucks.

Ive been trying to fill the league for weeks.

ARGH

why not give this a try? You may like it.

-

Users who are viewing this thread