What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Portland, Oregon FBGs League (1 Viewer)

Sup_Yo

Footballguy
Any PDX area FBGs wanna get together and have a league this year? I'm open to discussion regarding redraft, dynasty, etc. Post here if interested!

Glad to see you made it to Ptown~!

Count me in...More years than I'd care to admit, Wcoff, local, etc.

Would you be up for including IDP?

i am definitely in. been in portland for two years and only found one local league that i ran thru because they had no clue what was going on.

All ears if this league ever happens. Little strange that postings suddenly stopped.

Clackamas County here

Let's make it happen! It would be nice to get 12 teams involved, although we each might have to pull someone in that we know personally. Should we have a 'roll count' within a couple of weeks, and possibly start talking about format, and such?

:thumbup:

I have a friend who is there now, and if he is interested would partner with him. Some good responders here (I see you wcoff guys)

Let's get some ideas on league size, type, scoring, etc

I assume you would want to do live draft in Portland

i am ok with idp as long as it is not crazy defensive scoring. the basic point per tackle and a couple points for sacks and ints

Yeah, I noticed there were a couple fellow WCOFF peeps, I'm going back again this year :( from funds from winning a satellite league. The smart $ would be to just draft multiple satellite leagues this year, as the format and return is much better than the actual main event. I'm a sucker though, as there's nothing like :lmao: 'ing it up with a huge group.

Getting back to this topic at hand, my input would be something like this;

12 Team, IDP, 1 pt per tackle, 1/2 pt for assists, 3 pts per sack, Int. Typical MFL offensive scoring with PPR? Thoughts...?

12 Team, IDP, 1 pt per tackle, 1/2 pt for assists, 3 pts per sack, Int. Typical MFL offensive scoring with PPR? Thoughts...?
The scoring sounds good to me. Some additional thoughts.......12 teams is good but leaving it open to 16 teams if there is enough interest? 30-40 man rosters with a taxi squad maybe? Seperate veteran and rookie drafts, serpentine. Vet draft randomly selected and the rookie draft the opposite order of the vet draft.

Not sure if this league is full or not - I'm defintely interested in joining the league, especially if we have a local Live Draft etc. (i am just south of the city)

my input on format would be ideally WCOFF format first and if with IDP then (similar to one of the comments) nothing crazy with the defensive IDP Scoring

can someone update the status

Thanks

I'm good either way (WCOFF vs IDP) but if we're going dynasty, I think IDP makes much more sense. Either way though...

I'm thinking we find somewhere central for the draft? I'm in SE, but let's arrange it where it's easiest for the majority to get to. Kennedy School? Black Lab...? Just suggestions, although we're far from the event itself...Speaking of which, what does everyone think of mid-August?

one thing no one has mentioned yet is $

Considering you guys are all WCOFF guys, what do you think of the $200 - $500 range?

I would have no problem with that, although I would think the main objective is to get a local group of dedicated fanatics together...

$200 => $300 range works for me

if we go more than that i want to know who is holding the $$ :goodposting:

since we would control the payouts - i like the concept of either

1. having the Top Scorer for each week (1 => 12) take home some $$ (say $50 of the $250 for example, so $200 goes to the playoffs)

OR

2. rewarding the best regualr season record with a payout or both record and points etc.

the weekly payout keeps people interested (i.e. setting a good lineup) up until the playoffs

Thoughts?

So, can we get a head count? Maybe roll some times that would *not* work for anyone in the next six weeks or so? I'm thinkning a weekend, afternoon, favorite watering hole. We should get the framework of the league built beforehand though...

I'm in too - i would prefer a weeknight after work to hold the draft, something in the 6:00pm range and get drafting by 6:30ish

I'd be good with $200 as well. As far as commisioner, is there anyone joining that has league cred on FBG (has commished before with a $$ league) ?

I'm here, guys. I haven't checked in on this thread in some time - my apologies. Anyway, I'm still down for doing this league. But, I was hoping to keep it to around $75. Sounds like the majority prefer a higher stakes league. We can discuss this though.

I am in the Cedar Hills area, in the west hills of PDX. I don't care where we draft, but I prefer it not to be at a McMennamins because, frankly, their beer sucks.

I'm hoping we can all agree on league structure and fees and have this league continue on for years to come.

I'd be good with $200 as well. As far as commisioner, is there anyone joining that has league cred on FBG (has commished before with a $$ league) ?
As far as cred goes, I haven't commished with a $$ league before but I have done several FBG Mega Million group lottos in the past when I lived in Ohio.

I don't have any FBG cred, but I am a co-commish in two local $$ leagues. Gotta say I don't have any interest in being "THE" commish though. Lets get this ball rolling. Answer up if I'm missing someone, but so far we have..............

ME (mh34444)

Sup_Yo

skycriesmary

newteech

angular_one

One More Rep

bearsharks

Haven't heard from in a while........

Captain Hook

Duckboy

Master of Past and Present

For get about it

I only count 7 recent posters right now, thats not enough for a league. What are we aiming for as a minimum? 8, 10, 12? Any other local guys out there that want to throw their hat in the circle?

****added bearsharks****

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in P.O. 10 yrs fantasy experience. I like IDP. Interested in, but no experience in auction leagues. Comfortable with $50-$200. Let's see what happens. I like almost all beers. Not Pabst.

It's nice to see some traction with the communication. I think we need a minimum of 10, and 12 would be preferred. So, maybe we could reach out and make sure we don't know anyone else locally that would be interested?

As far as $$, I'm cool with whatever the majority decides, as theres no reason to price anyone out of this league. I have commished before, and while I'm not going to be jovial over it, would volunteer to setup the MFL site, etc.

I'm cool with any location, as long as it's not McMennamins or any standard sports bar sporting the 'silver bullet' and bud.

Maybe the lucky lab in SE, as they brew their own, and have a good amount of space or ?

So where we stand now is (from scanning through the postings)

-Dynasty

-$75-$200

-Minimum 10 teams, preferably 12

-IDP (no outrageous IDP scoring)

-PPR

-Weeknight evening draft at a local pub (I'd prefer something mid-week so we don't get the weekend crowd---bar owners would probably rather see our group taking up space mid-week anyway)

I'm good with all of this so far. Lets discuss --

-Roster sizes...30? (We can go more but the rest of the draft would probably need to be done via the MFL site due to time constraints)

-Draft...Vet and Rookie separate or combined? Serpentine I'm assuming?

-Injury Reserve...Yes/No...If yes, limits on how many?

-Contracts and/or salary caps...I'm not a big fan, but it can be done

Throw out any ideas you can think up and I'll try to consolidate the postings for everyone to review

It's nice to see some traction with the communication. I think we need a minimum of 10, and 12 would be preferred. So, maybe we could reach out and make sure we don't know anyone else locally that would be interested?As far as $$, I'm cool with whatever the majority decides, as theres no reason to price anyone out of this league. I have commished before, and while I'm not going to be jovial over it, would volunteer to setup the MFL site, etc.I'm cool with any location, as long as it's not McMennamins or any standard sports bar sporting the 'silver bullet' and bud.Maybe the lucky lab in SE, as they brew their own, and have a good amount of space or ?
I like the lucky lab idea simply because there is plenty of room and good beer too.

So where we stand now is (from scanning through the postings)-Dynasty-$75-$200-Minimum 10 teams, preferably 12-IDP (no outrageous IDP scoring)-PPR-Weeknight evening draft at a local pub (I'd prefer something mid-week so we don't get the weekend crowd---bar owners would probably rather see our group taking up space mid-week anyway)I'm good with all of this so far. Lets discuss ---Roster sizes...30? (We can go more but the rest of the draft would probably need to be done via the MFL site due to time constraints)-Draft...Vet and Rookie separate or combined? Serpentine I'm assuming?-Injury Reserve...Yes/No...If yes, limits on how many?-Contracts and/or salary caps...I'm not a big fan, but it can be doneThrow out any ideas you can think up and I'll try to consolidate the postings for everyone to review
I think we can get to 12 teams. Through our friends, I'm sure we can find some more people to join. I'm not expert with IDPs, so am unsure about roster size... I have no problem with a large roster. I like the idea of draft and rookie separate, serpentine style. I'm assuming we're talking dynasty here??IR I also like... maybe have a 5 player limit?I'd prefer not to have contracts, salary caps... or an auction league for that matter. Since it's a local league, I'd like things to be pretty simple and the fee not to be outrageous. I just want it to be a fun league that we can all enjoy, and hopefully will last for years and develop friendships.

I'll just compile these notes as we go and if anyone doesn't like something on the list we can discuss it.

-Dynasty

-$75-$200

-PPR

-Weeknight draft at the Lucky Lab

-Seperate rookie and vet draft, serpentine.

(Draft order for the rookie draft should be opposite of what the vet draft was)

-Roster sizes...

(I'm ok with larger numbers as well. Should we say, with IDP, 40 man roster? Without IDP, 25 man roster?

-Injury Reserve...5 players limit

-No contracts or salary caps

As far as lineups. Standard 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE), 1 PK? IDP.. 2-3 DL, 2-3 LB, 2-3 DB (8 IDP's start). ???

I'm OK with everything listed above. I'd like to consider an auction league. They seem to be the popular thing in FF these days.

I'm OK with everything listed above. I'd like to consider an auction league. They seem to be the popular thing in FF these days.
I don't much care for auction leagues, and Sup_Yo doesn't seem to either. Lets see what other input we get and go from there. No reason to rule out any possibilities at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still interested (been out of town a bunch the last few weeks). I've included my comments below.

-Dynasty - check

-$75-$200 - would prefer the lower end of the range (100 or so)

-Minimum 10 teams, preferably 12 - check

-IDP (no outrageous IDP scoring) - can go either way

-PPR - check

-Weeknight draft at the Lucky Lab - double check :goodposting:

(Draft order for the rookie draft should be opposite of what the vet draft was) - strongly recommend against this - I've seen it done and it gives a very distinct advantage to the end of the first folks. really best way is to include all in one draft and let the owners decide when they think the rooks should be taken.

-Roster sizes...

(I'm ok with larger numbers as well. Should we say, with IDP, 40 man roster? Without IDP, 25 man roster?) - numbers sound right for 12 teams, would leave a decent waiver pool as well. can adjust up 2-3 if we get 10 teams.

-Injury Reserve...5 players limit - 5 seems high, maybe 3?

-No contracts or salary caps - unless running an auction, shouldn't be a concern (prefer auction myself but can go either way).

As far as lineups. Standard 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE), 1 PK? IDP.. 2-3 DL, 2-3 LB, 2-3 DB (8 IDP's start). ??? - maybe 2 WRs and 2 flex instead? IDP sounds about right

Duckboy said:
Still interested (been out of town a bunch the last few weeks). I've included my comments below.

-Dynasty - check

-$75-$200 - would prefer the lower end of the range (100 or so)

-Minimum 10 teams, preferably 12 - check

-IDP (no outrageous IDP scoring) - can go either way

-PPR - check

-Weeknight draft at the Lucky Lab - double check :popcorn:

(Draft order for the rookie draft should be opposite of what the vet draft was) - strongly recommend against this - I've seen it done and it gives a very distinct advantage to the end of the first folks. really best way is to include all in one draft and let the owners decide when they think the rooks should be taken.

-Roster sizes...

(I'm ok with larger numbers as well. Should we say, with IDP, 40 man roster? Without IDP, 25 man roster?) - numbers sound right for 12 teams, would leave a decent waiver pool as well. can adjust up 2-3 if we get 10 teams.

-Injury Reserve...5 players limit - 5 seems high, maybe 3?

-No contracts or salary caps - unless running an auction, shouldn't be a concern (prefer auction myself but can go either way).

As far as lineups. Standard 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE), 1 PK? IDP.. 2-3 DL, 2-3 LB, 2-3 DB (8 IDP's start). ??? - maybe 2 WRs and 2 flex instead? IDP sounds about right
Hmm, what about the above mentioned but 2 RB? As far as draft time, Maybe something the week of August 10-14?

Hmm, what about the above mentioned but 2 RB? As far as draft time, Maybe something the week of August 10-14?
So 2 RB, 3 WR, and a flex? I can go with that. For that week, Tuesday and Thursday are best for me, but can work around other eveings as needed.

So 2 RB, 3 WR, and a flex? I can go with that. For that week, Tuesday and Thursday are best for me, but can work around other eveings as needed.
Shouldn't we keep the number of offensive starters the same as IDP's? It sounds like we agree that 8 is a good number for IDP's. So I'm clear on this, are you guys thinking.......#1 ... 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 PK (Total of 9 starters)or#2 ... 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 PK (Total of 8 starters, same as IDP)or#3 ... Same as #1, but eliminate kickers (Total of 8 starters)or#4 ... Same as #1, but bump up the IDP's to 9 as well and do a minimum 2 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

Shouldn't we keep the number of offensive starters the same as IDP's? It sounds like we agree that 8 is a good number for IDP's.
Most of the ones I've played in have either a lot less IDP than offense, or slightly less. Zealots for example starts offense like #1 above, and 8 IDP (2/2/2 with 2 flex, both can't be same type... usually starts 2/3/3). Zealots model is pretty good imo.

Shouldn't we keep the number of offensive starters the same as IDP's? It sounds like we agree that 8 is a good number for IDP's.
Most of the ones I've played in have either a lot less IDP than offense, or slightly less. Zealots for example starts offense like #1 above, and 8 IDP (2/2/2 with 2 flex, both can't be same type... usually starts 2/3/3). Zealots model is pretty good imo.
Yeah, I would second the Zealots format- (2/2/2 with 2 flex, both can't be same type... usually starts 2/3/3).

The Zeolots format sounds good with me and everything else in the MH34444 Checklist

i have the sense that a basic draft will be a simple and straightforward way to get this off the fround vs. a salary cap or auction

also agree with the idea of lumping all players into the pool for the inaugural draft vs a separate rookie draft

HOWEVER

on vacation Aug 10th => 14th - so i will not be drafting any teams that week

if it is pushed out to any other week in August (or even the weeks in Sept) then I'm in, no problem (other than my $100 donation due to IDP players :blackdot: )

Update 7/27 ..... Changes underlined ..... Glad to see this is coming together

-Dynasty

-$75-$200..............................Is $100 the consensus?

-PPR

-Weeknight draft at the Lucky Lab

-Combined vet/rookie draft, serpentine................. Changed from a split draft

-40 man roster

-Starting lineup 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 PK (Max 9 Total)...IDP 2-3 DL, 2-3 LB, 2-3 DB (Max 8 Total)

-Injury Reserve...3 players limit...................... Changed from 5, I agree that 5 is excessive

-No contracts or salary caps

Users who are viewing this thread