What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 2 (1 Viewer)

Surprised at many of the names left on the board at my last pick. Rivers definately isn't an exciting pick and I don't care for the dude, but he was the low risk QB in that tier for me. This is the toughest year in my recollection for sorting out the starting QBs. Going QB/TE at this turn puts me behind at WR/RB, but I didn't see that much drop off between what was available and what I anticipate to be available next round.

Not thrilled in double-dipping on the same team here, but here we go:

3.16 Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys

4.01 Roy Williams, WR, Dallas Cowboys
My WSL team started ADP, Jacobs, Welker, Big Ben, ROYObviously AJ > Welker but ADP >>> than your next pick.

Why did you take Romo over Rivers? Was the double dip in this format that critical to you?

My WSL team started ADP, Jacobs, Welker, Big Ben, ROYObviously AJ > Welker but ADP >>> than your next pick.

Why did you take Romo over Rivers? Was the double dip in this format that critical to you?
Rivers and Romo are about the same tier. Just not a big fan of Rivers, and I think the Chargers will try and establish LT2 more this year than last. Close call in value, so can't really argue one way or another. I definitely wanted to get a Top 10 QB before the run starts.

Rivers and Romo are about the same tier. Just not a big fan of Rivers, and I think the Chargers will try and establish LT2 more this year than last. Close call in value, so can't really argue one way or another. I definitely wanted to get a Top 10 QB before the run starts.
This is where your bias will burn ya

Rivers is a #####...although working with Turner has clearly made him better.

Rivers is a #####...although working with Turner has clearly made him better.
LOL who's gonna have better numbers? the guy who just lost TO? doubt it

Okay ladies, I'm flying back to Phoenix from Boston in a few hours...please make sure Fred doesn't draft Pedroia before my next pick.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just dusting off my MVP trophy."

Last edited by a moderator:

...or make you check yourself.I looked:

Rivers, 25.4 PPG (16 starts)

Romo, 25.1 PPG (13 starts)

Games over 20:

Rivers 75% (12 of 16)

Romo 69% (9 of 13)

Games under 15:

Rivers 19% (3 of 16)

Romo 8% (1 of 13)

So again, it's close. Romo had a better tendency to not underperform (in 08) than Rivers, but he also missed time. He's also lost TO, so that's a concern as well.

Hard to argue in either direction as both are right about the same level of value.

So many ways to go with this pick. With Wayne/Slaton/Chad Johnson so far, I've got some good but risky guys. I'm going to take a home run swing and hope that

LARRY JOHNSON, RB ???

ends up in a good spot.

I had sent my piucks to TY but he ain't here - luckily I AM!

(USC was good thanks for asking)

4/09 Lee Evans

Maybe a little risky with thre TO factor. Didn't see him picked - lemme know if I screwed that up - will be around tonight for a while with a couple shows and a radio appearence in the mix.

Will PM TY

4.11 PIERRE THOMAS, RB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
You are such a :lmao:
I can't deny it. :lmao: (particularly appropriate for a Saints homer -- we invented the bag) That said, the Saints offense is arguably the very best in the NFL. I think it makes sense to grab as many pieces of it as is reasonable. In my mind, Thomas could be absolutely huge this year as the true RB1 on the team, getting most of the 1st and 2nd down carries, as well as the goal line looks. I had thought the Saints might bring in a veteran runner to compete, but they didn't. Moreover, they don't have many draft picks this year outside of their first due to the Shockey and Vilma trades last year, and I doubt they burn a 1st on a RB. He was beastly down the stretch last year, so I'm liking him here in the late 4th.

4.11 PIERRE THOMAS, RB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
You are such a :popcorn:
I can't deny it. :lmao: (particularly appropriate for a Saints homer -- we invented the bag) That said, the Saints offense is arguably the very best in the NFL. I think it makes sense to grab as many pieces of it as is reasonable. In my mind, Thomas could be absolutely huge this year as the true RB1 on the team, getting most of the 1st and 2nd down carries, as well as the goal line looks. I had thought the Saints might bring in a veteran runner to compete, but they didn't. Moreover, they don't have many draft picks this year outside of their first due to the Shockey and Vilma trades last year, and I doubt they burn a 1st on a RB. He was beastly down the stretch last year, so I'm liking him here in the late 4th.
I approve of this pick and almost made it myownself. Now I have pick envy. :)

4.14- RB Darren McFadden- Oakland

pm sent

Sent Dom a list for my next pick.Gettin' late,us old farts need our rest.

Tried to send a PM to Old Milwaukee, to alert as to up status.

No such member, does not exist. :goodposting:

Valence selects:

4.16 Kellen Winslow, Jr.

and

5.1 Vincent Jackson

Can someone start a new thread? I'm about to take off for a couple of hours on the road...

Users who are viewing this thread