What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 3 Teams and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Norseman

Drew Brees QB1 NO 5

Luke McCown QB29 TB 8

Ryan Grant RB23 GB 5

Willie Parker RB26 PIT 8

Jamal Lewis RB34 CLE 9

Rashard Jennings Rookie ?

Larry Fitzgerald WR1 ARI 4

Braylon Edwards WR16 CLE 9 (or 10 if he does get traded to the Giants)

Kevin Walter WR36 HOU 10

Justin Gage WR45 TEN 7

Percy Harvin WR69 ROOKIE ?

Harry Douglas WR ATL 4

Brent Celek TE17 PHI 4

Todd Heap TE21 BAL 7

Chicago Bears D/ST 5

Buffalo Bills D/ST 9

Josh Scobee, K, Jacksonville 7

Not to bad with the byes.

Jay Cutler QB9 CHI 5

Jake Delhomme QB22 CAR 4

Chris Johnson RB8 TEN 7

Felix Jones RB35 DAL 6

Ray Rice RB46 BAL 7

Tashard Choice RB52 DAL 6

Greg Jennings WR8 GB 5

Eddie Royal WR17 DEN 7

Vincent Jackson WR 28 SD 5

Miles Austin WR49 DAL 6

Johnnie Lee Higgins WR68 OAK 9

Hakeem Nicks, ???

Dustin Keller TE9 NYJ 9

Brandon Pettigrew, ???

New York Jets D/ST 9

Carolina Panthers D/ST 4

Rob Bironas PK TEN 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Wraith5

Aaron Rodgers QB4 GB 5

Matt Hasselbeck QB18 SEA 7

Marion Barber III RB12 DAL 6

Steve Slaton RB13 HOU 10

Chester Taylor RB43 MIN 9

Mewelde Moore RB69 PIT 8

Steve Breaston WR32 ARI 4

Deion Branch WR34 SEA 7

Chris Chambers WR43 SD 5

Isaac Bruce WR54 SF 6

Chris Henry WR64 CIN 8

Antwaan Randle EL WR66 WAS 8

Chansi Stuckey WR82 NYJ 9

Owen Daniels TE6 HOU 10

Tampa Bay Buccaneers D/ST 15 TB 8

Miami Dolphins D/ST 16 MIA 6

David Akers PK 8 PHI 4

Shaun Suisham PK 23 WAS 8

Based just on BYE weeks I got incredibly lucky - no trouble spots at all that I can see. Feeling very good about how this team has rounded out.

rzrback77

David Garrard QB15 JAX (7)

Jason Campbell QB24 WAS (8)

Matt Forte RB6 CHI (5)

Brandon Jacobs RB15 NYG (10)

Laurence Maroney RB47 NE (8)

LeSean McCoy RB56 ROOKIE (?)

Marques Colston WR10 Saints (5)

Antonio Bryant WR20 TB (8)

Santana Moss WR26 WAS (8)

Mark Clayton WR48 BAL (7)

Mark Bradley WR63 KC (8)

Matt Jones WR FA (?)

Zack Miller TE 10 OAK (9)

Donald Lee TE GB (5)

San Diego Chargers D/ST (5)

Kris Brown PK HOU (10)

S Graham PK CIN (8)

Lots and lots of eights with quite a few fives

rzrback77David Garrard QB15 JAX (7)Jason Campbell QB24 WAS (8)Matt Forte RB6 CHI (5) Brandon Jacobs RB15 NYG (10)Laurence Maroney RB47 NE (8)LeSean McCoy RB56 ROOKIE (?)Marques Colston WR10 Saints (5)Antonio Bryant WR20 TB (8)Santana Moss WR26 WAS (8)Mark Clayton WR48 BAL (7)Mark Bradley WR63 KC (8)Matt Jones WR FA (?)Zack Miller TE 10 OAK (9)Donald Lee TE GB (5)San Diego Chargers D/ST (5)Kris Brown PK HOU (10)S Graham PK CIN (8)Lots and lots of eights with quite a few fives
Ouch, with all the ammo you spent at WR you likely need to add a 7th. I think you were strong enough to roll with six WR if it hadn't been for the triple bye.

Aaron Rudnicki

Phillip Rivers QB6 SD (5)

Kyle Orton QB19 DEN (7)

Clinton Portis RB11 WAS (8)

Joseph Addai RB21 IND (6)

Tim Hightower RB28 ARI (4)

Maurice Morris RB55 DET (7)

Calvin Johnson WR5 DET (7)

Bernard Berrian WR31 MIN (9)

Nate Washington WR52 TEN (7)

Dennis Northcutt WR67 JAX (7)

Jerheme Urban WR ARI (4)

Hank Baskett WR PHI (4)

Tony Scheffler TE13 DEN (7)

Bo Scaife TE19 TEN (7)

Dallas Cowboys D/ST (6)

Cleveland Browns D/ST (9)

Mason Crosby PK GB (5)

Rian Lindell PK BUF (9)

I'll be lucky to last past week 7.

Aaron RudnickiPhillip Rivers QB6 SD (5)Kyle Orton QB19 DEN (7)Clinton Portis RB11 WAS (8)Joseph Addai RB21 IND (6)Tim Hightower RB28 ARI (4)Maurice Morris RB55 DET (7)Calvin Johnson WR5 DET (7)Bernard Berrian WR31 MIN (9)Nate Washington WR52 TEN (7)Dennis Northcutt WR67 JAX (7)Jerheme Urban WR ARI (4)Hank Baskett WR PHI (4)Tony Scheffler TE13 DEN (7)Bo Scaife TE19 TEN (7)Dallas Cowboys D/ST (6)Cleveland Browns D/ST (9)Mason Crosby PK GB (5)Rian Lindell PK BUF (9)I'll be lucky to last past week 7.
schedule is irrelevant at this point. the talent that is left is unlikely to do anything.
So I guess Ravens, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, and Titans are still on your draft list??? :X At least you have two picks to improve things.

So I guess Ravens, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, and Titans are still on your draft list??? :lmao: At least you have two picks to improve things.
you think there are players out there in the 18th through 20th rounds that can save a team with a QB2, 3 of the top 4 WRs and both TEs on bye in the same week? I really doubt it.if the schedule is that important to stop drafts in the 18th round, seems like we should try to schedule these so that they finish up before the schedule comes out.

So I guess Ravens, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, and Titans are still on your draft list??? :lmao: At least you have two picks to improve things.
you think there are players out there in the 18th through 20th rounds that can save a team with a QB2, 3 of the top 4 WRs and both TEs on bye in the same week? I really doubt it.if the schedule is that important to stop drafts in the 18th round, seems like we should try to schedule these so that they finish up before the schedule comes out.
:goodposting:

So I guess Ravens, Broncos, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, and Titans are still on your draft list??? :loco:

At least you have two picks to improve things.
:loco:
Agreed.

Yes I do. I bet there are 5 TEs and 5 WRs on the board that will post at least 7 points that week. That could be a difference maker. An esteemed staff member should have no problem finding them.

Kyle Orton QB19 DEN (7)

Andre Brown RB?? ROOKIE (?)

Jerheme Urban WR ARI (4)

Hank Baskett WR PHI (4)

Bo Scaife TE19 TEN (7)

Desmond Clark TE CHI (5)

Dallas Cowboys D/ST (6)

Mason Crosby PK GB (5)

Rian Lindell PK BUF (9)

WRs will probably get me knocked out at some point, whether in week 7 or not, but I like the rest of the squad.

Quite happy with my team...

QBs aren't the greatest, but the two should put up some decent points at least. As long as Gonzo stays in KC, I feel Cassell will easily outperform where I picked him up. Pennington was nice to have where I got him, too. I felt I needed to pick up a fairly decent QB to backup Cassell, just in case.

My RBs aren't the greatest, either. IF Westbrook can stay healthy, he's worth a ton of points in this format. As long as he gives me a good 12-14 games, I'll be happy. T Jones overachieved last year, his potential holdout scares me a little, and where I grabbed him may hurt. Kinda wish I could redo that pick, but oh well. The others I'm fairly happy with. Taylor might not be the starter, but I'm quite convinced that Belicheck will use him a good deal. He knows what Fred is capable of doing. They need some semblance of a running game, and Fred is a gamer. If Maroney sucks again or is injured, Fred can step right in. Either way, he'll still get some playing time each game. Fargas isn't flashy, but I got him later on and will continue to split with McFadden. Cobbs I was happy with as late as I got him. He is stuck behind Brown and Williams, but he is a decent receiving back (kind of Bush-esque), and had a few decent games last year, which is all I need from him.

My receivers are what I'm ecstatic about. Boldin will be huge, whether he stays in AZ or gets traded (Philly please!). Ward, Mason, and Driver may not be flashy, but that is some serious consistency. All three are veterans are worth 70+ receptions and 1000+ yards. None have very many blowup games, but are consistent in catches/yards. Followed by Clayton and Reed who will both have a few decent games between them, and make up for bad weeks/bye weeks.

My TEs are ok. I waited quite awhile on them, as I felt the value wasn't there after the first five or six were taken. I would rather have a consistent WR than a so-so TE. It's hard to find consistent WRs, but especially hard to find consistent TEs, and after Cooley was picked, I decided to wait a good deal longer. Boss isn't too bad. I think Eli will use him more this year. The others aren't great, but I am thinking Graham might be a steal, as he has a connection with McDaniel from their NE days. That, and if Orton winds up being the starter there, he used his TEs a decent amount in Chicago last year (Olsen and Clark), so I can see Graham and Scheffler (if he's still there by the beginning of the season).

Kickers and Defenses? Eh, fairly happy with em.

Overall I like it. My bye weeks turned out to be very nice and spread out, which is surprising, since I have a lot of NFC East players. I guess the NFL heard my plea when putting the schedule together!

Andy Dufresne

(10) Ellie Manning QB14 NYG

(9) Trent Edwards QB17 BUF

(9) Marc Bulger QB31 STL

(9) Derek Anderson QB CLE

(5) LaDanian Tomlinson RB9 SD

(7) Kevin Smith RB17 DET

(4) Jerious Norwood RB39 ATL

(8) Kevin Faulk RB56 NE

(?) Javon Ringer RB ROOKIE

(8) Chad Ocho Cinco WR18 CIN

(9) Jerricho Cotchery WR29 NYJ

(4) Michael Jenkins WR50 ATL

(6) Davone Bess WR56 MIA

(6) Jason Hill WR71 SF

(5) Antonio Gates TE3 SD

(5) Jermichael Finley TE GB

(9) Phil Dawson PK CLE

(7)Steve Hauschka, K - Baltimore

(8) Cincinnati Bengals D/ST

(7)Detroit Lions D/ST

The QB situation looks okay. At least one of those four should be able to put up decent numbers during any given week.

If LT can regain any sort of his previous form, I might have gotten a steal. Smith should improve and the last three could be solid PPR filler.

Lots of ??? with my WRs.

Can't believe that San Diego and Green Bay share a bye. :unsure:

I think I should have taken another WR somewhere along the way. If I'd known that three completely random QBs would all have week 9 byes, I probably would have taken a WR instead of one of them. I also obviously waited too long to pick a D/ST.

Hell Toupee

(6) Tony Romo QB8 DAL

(9) Sage Rosenfels QB28 MIN

(8) Byron Leftwich QB TB

(6) Frank Gore RB10 SF

(9) Darren McFadden RB 19 OAK

(9) Michael Bush RB45 OAK

(?) Dominic Rhodes RB54 FA

(7) J.J. Arrington RB DEN

(4) Roddy White WR6 ATL

(9) Lee Evans WR29 BUF

(5) Devin Hester WR41 CHI

(10) Steve Smith WR44 NYG

(7) Nate Burleson WR SEA

(?) Kenny Britt WR ROOKIE

(4) Early Doucet WR ARZ

(5) Greg Olsen TE8 CHI

(8) Ben Watson TE32 NE

(8) Pittsburgh Steelers D/ST1

(8) Stephen Gostkowski PK NE

(5) Garrett Hartley PK NO

1st time doing a survivor draft and meh I'm just alright with this team. Great group of drafters here . I don't know how many times the player I was hoping to take went to either Norris of Fro right in front of me.

QB-I'm happy with the three Qs I drafted. Romo is solid and I think Rosenfels is going to be a huge bargain as the 28 QB off the board

RB-I really like Gore & the McFadden/Bush combo but I'm in trouble after them with Arrington & Rhodes. I wanted to take Andre Brown with my last pick but should've grabbed him in the 19th.

WR-I like 'em. Roddy is a stud . Need Evans & Hester to come through . Smith should contribute nicely this season in this format. Burleson,Britt & Doucet are ???

TE- Olsen represented decent value as the 8th TE off the board. I had Gates teed up in the 2nd but changed my mind at the last second.Maybe Watson can contribute more than Olsen's bye week.

K-Might of jumped Gostkowski a round too early in the 14th but didn't think I'd see him where I selecting in the 15th

D-Wanted to go with two stud D's as a lark and I'm kicking myself in the ### because I didn't. Wanted to go Pitt/Giants combo in the 11th & 12th. After the schedule was released I was left with only Detroit as an option but they went a few picks before me. I don't know what I was thinking picking Dominic Rhodes over the Giants in the 12th.

Hell Toupee

(6) Tony Romo QB8 DAL

(8) Byron Leftwich QB TB

(6) Frank Gore RB10 SF

(4) Roddy White WR6 ATL

(9) Lee Evans WR29 BUF

(7) Nate Burleson WR SEA

(4) Early Doucet WR ARZ

(5) Greg Olsen TE8 CHI

(8) Ben Watson TE32 NE

1st time doing a survivor draft and meh I'm just alright with this team. Great group of drafters here . I don't know how many times the player I was hoping to take went to either Norris of Fro right in front of me.

QB-I'm happy with the three Qs I drafted. Romo is solid and I think Rosenfels is going to be a huge bargain as the 28 QB off the board

RB-I really like Gore & the McFadden/Bush combo but I'm in trouble after them with Arrington & Rhodes. I wanted to take Andre Brown with my last pick but should've grabbed him in the 19th.

WR-I like 'em. Roddy is a stud . Need Evans & Hester to come through . Smith should contribute nicely this season in this format. Burleson,Britt & Doucet are ???

TE- Olsen represented decent value as the 8th TE off the board. I had Gates teed up in the 2nd but changed my mind at the last second.Maybe Watson can contribute more than Olsen's bye week.

K-Might of jumped Gostkowski a round too early in the 14th but didn't think I'd see him where I selecting in the 15th

D-Wanted to go with two stud D's as a lark and I'm kicking myself in the ### because I didn't. Wanted to go Pitt/Giants combo in the 11th & 12th. After the schedule was released I was left with only Detroit as an option but they went a few picks before me. I don't know what I was thinking picking Dominic Rhodes over the Giants in the 12th.
Yeah you cant go cheap on QBs, DEF and Ks in this format.

rzrback77

QBs - Waited rather late and am left at this point with some questions. If this was 08, I would have a couple of guaranteed starters ranked around 15-18 each. But, this is a new year and there are rumblings of dissatisfaction on both teams. If both keep their starting jobs then I will be happy with the duo. Considered grabbing a late rounder with potential, but the WR bye trouble sealed the deal with this duo. No bye trouble.

(7) David Garrard QB15 JAX

(8) Jason Campbell QB24 WAS

RBs - I really like the top two guys and need them to perform. In these 16 team survivors you have to pick your poison and the depth here is really lacking. I need for McCoy to get drafted someplace where he can be featured in the passing game. It would be nice for Maroney to score some, especially if (or when) Jacobs misses some time. No bye trouble.

(5) Matt Forte RB6 CHI

(10) Brandon Jacobs RB15 NYG

(8) Laurence Maroney RB47 NE

(?) LeSean McCoy RB56 ROOKIE

WRs - I typically go with seven WRs in these survivors, but had planned to go with six and was happy with my six. Having three with Week 8 byes forced me to add another. I hope that the seventh I added will be able to recover from the weak end of last season. Hoping that I am alive in week 8 and am not the only team of the survivors with bye week trouble. I also need for Matt Jones to be picked up on a team (DOH), preferably without a week 8 bye.

(5) Marques Colston WR10 NO

(8) Antonio Bryant WR20 TB

(8) Santana Moss WR26 WAS

(7) Mark Clayton WR48 BAL

(8) Mark Bradley WR63 KC

(?) Matt Jones WR FA

(5) Rashied Davis WR CHI

TEs - I really like my TE trio. I like Z Miller to continue his progress and think that Donald Lee was a bargain where he was drafted. I also think that Nelson could play quite a bit as a rookie. Hope that he rewards me as I possibly could have grabbed another QB with that pick.

(9) Zack Miller TE 10 OAK

(5) Donald Lee TE GB

(?) Shawn Nelson TE ROOKIE

I like the Chargers to rebound strong in 09 and added the Broncos who have a different bye and were cheap.

(5) San Diego Chargers D/ST

(7) Denver Broncos D/ST

PKs - Two kickers one on an offensive riser and the other that has trouble scoring TDs. meh...

(10) Kris Brown PK HOU

(8) Shayne Graham PK CIN

rzrback77

QBs - Waited rather late and am left at this point with some questions. If this was 08, I would have a couple of guaranteed starters ranked around 15-18 each. But, this is a new year and there are rumblings of dissatisfaction on both teams. If both keep their starting jobs then I will be happy with the duo. Considered grabbing a late rounder with potential, but the WR bye trouble sealed the deal with this duo. No bye trouble.

(7) David Garrard QB15 JAX

(8) Jason Campbell QB24 WAS

RBs - I really like the top two guys and need them to perform. In these 16 team survivors you have to pick your poison and the depth here is really lacking. I need for McCoy to get drafted someplace where he can be featured in the passing game. It would be nice for Maroney to score some, especially if (or when) Jacobs misses some time. No bye trouble.

(5) Matt Forte RB6 CHI

(10) Brandon Jacobs RB15 NYG

(8) Laurence Maroney RB47 NE

(?) LeSean McCoy RB56 ROOKIE

WRs - I typically go with seven WRs in these survivors, but had planned to go with six and was happy with my six. Having three with Week 8 byes forced me to add another. I hope that the seventh I added will be able to recover from the weak end of last season. Hoping that I am alive in week 8 and am not the only team of the survivors with bye week trouble. I also need for Matt Jones to be picked up on a team (DOH), preferably without a week 8 bye.

(5) Marques Colston WR10 NO

(8) Antonio Bryant WR20 TB

(8) Santana Moss WR26 WAS

(7) Mark Clayton WR48 BAL

(8) Mark Bradley WR63 KC

(?) Matt Jones WR FA

(5) Rashied Davis WR CHI

TEs - I really like my TE trio. I like Z Miller to continue his progress and think that Donald Lee was a bargain where he was drafted. I also think that Nelson could play quite a bit as a rookie. Hope that he rewards me as I possibly could have grabbed another QB with that pick.

(9) Zack Miller TE 10 OAK

(5) Donald Lee TE GB

(?) Shawn Nelson TE ROOKIE

I like the Chargers to rebound strong in 09 and added the Broncos who have a different bye and were cheap.

(5) San Diego Chargers D/ST

(7) Denver Broncos D/ST

PKs - Two kickers one on an offensive riser and the other that has trouble scoring TDs. meh...

(10) Kris Brown PK HOU

(8) Shayne Graham PK CIN
this squad lacks scoring punch and the RB depth is questionable...week 8 WR byes are interesting as well.Your Grade: B

Hell Toupee

(6) Tony Romo QB8 DAL

(8) Byron Leftwich QB TB

(6) Frank Gore RB10 SF

(4) Roddy White WR6 ATL

(9) Lee Evans WR29 BUF

(7) Nate Burleson WR SEA

(4) Early Doucet WR ARZ

(5) Greg Olsen TE8 CHI

(8) Ben Watson TE32 NE

I like this squad...should've drafted another D though and your RB depth is the suck.

YOUR GRADE: B+

Andy Dufresne

(9) Marc Bulger QB31 STL

(7) Kevin Smith RB17 DET

(8) Kevin Faulk RB56 NE

(6) Davone Bess WR56 MIA

(6) Jason Hill WR71 SF

(5) Antonio Gates TE3 SD

(9) Phil Dawson PK CLE

(7)Detroit Lions D/ST
You can't win with Three starting WRs in this format unless you get incredibly lucky...you're toast.YOUR GRADE: C

Kyle Orton QB19 DEN (7)

Jerheme Urban WR ARI (4)

Hank Baskett WR PHI (4)

Bo Scaife TE19 TEN (7)

Desmond Clark TE CHI (5)

Dallas Cowboys D/ST (6)

Mason Crosby PK GB (5)

Rian Lindell PK BUF (9)

WRs will probably get me knocked out at some point, whether in week 7 or not, but I like the rest of the squad.
#7 WR is more important than #3 TE, particularly when your #3 WR is Nate Washington.YOUR GRADE: B

krsone21

I like my QB's. I was pleased to get Carson Palmer as my #1 QB as the 11th QB taken. If he plays like I know he can then he could be a top 8 QB. I waited a while to get my #2 QB in Kerry Collins. He isn't flashy but he should be steady and have a couple of big games through out the year.

(8) Carson Palmer QB11 CIN

(7) Kerry Collins QB26 TEN

I am ok with my RB's. I really like my two starters in this format, however they both have injury concerns especially Bush so if he can stay healthy then he is a steel as the 14 RB taken. My backups are nothing special. Just fillers basically for bye weeks and hope that they can add a decent game once and a while.

(9) Adrian Peterson RB2 MIN

(5) Reggie Bush RB14 NO

(7) Julius Jones RB48 SEA

(9) Jerome Harrison RB CLE

(5) Kevin Jones RB CHI

I have lots of questions at WR. I think Bowe will see a boost to his numbers this season so I was very happy to land him as my #1 WR. I have Williams who didn't shine in Dallas last year so hopefully he can turn it around this year. I have Holt who is getting long in the tooth but I'm hoping he can have one decent year left in him. The rest of my WR's are rookies and a vet in Patten. All that I can hope for out of my rookie WR's is that they end up in decent situations and get lucky enough to hit on a couple of them.

(8) Dwayne Bowe WR13 KC

(6) Roy Williams WR22 DAL

(7) Torry Holt WR38 JAX

(?) Jeremy Maclin WR61 ROOKIE

(?) Darrius Heyward-Bey WR ROOKIE

(9) David Patten WR CLE

(?) Brian Robiskie WR ROOKIE

I am happy with my TE's they both finished in the top 10 last year. If they can equal last years production then I should get a decent week out of one of them each week and have a decent option during my bye weeks.

(6) Anthony Fasano TE12 MIA

(9) Visanthe Shiancoe TE15 MIN

I have two good defenses. Defenses can score some nice points in this league so I wanted two good ones.

(8) New England Patriots D/ST4

(7) Tennesee Titans D/ST

For my kickers I just wanted two guys that had job security and different bye weeks.

(5) Robbie Gould PK CHI

(6) Nick Folk PK DAL

At this point I don't have any serious bye week issues so I got lucky there.

krsone21

I like my QB's. I was pleased to get Carson Palmer at my #1 QB as the 11th QB taken. If he plays like I know he can then he could be a top 8 QB. I waited a while to get my #2 QB in Kerry Collins. He isn't flashy but he should be steady and have a couple of big games through out the year.

I am ok with my RB's. I really like my two starters in this format, however they both have injury concerns especially Bush so if he can stay healthy then he is a still as the 14 RB taken. My backups are nothing special. Just fillers basically for bye weeks and hope that they can add a decent game once and a while.

(5) Reggie Bush RB14 NO

(5) Kevin Jones RB CHI

I have lots of questions at WR. I think Bowe will see a boost to his numbers this season so I was very happy to land him as my #1 WR. I have Williams who didn't shine in Dallas last year so hopefully he can turn it around this year. I have Holt who is getting long in the tooth but I'm hoping he can have one decent year left in him. The rest of my WR's are rookies and a vet in Patten. All that I can hope for out of my rookie WR's is that they end up in decent situations and get lucky enough to hit on a couple of them.

(8) Dwayne Bowe WR13 KC

(?) Torry Holt WR38 ???

(9) David Patten WR CLE

I am happy with my TE's they both finished in the top 10 last year. If they can equal last years production then I should get a decent week out of one of them each week and have a decent optoin during my bye weeks.

I have two good defenses. Defenses can score some nice points in this league so I wanted to good ones.

(7) Tennesee Titans D/ST

For my kickers I just wanted to guys that had job security and different bye weeks.

(5) Robbie Gould PK CHI

(6) Nick Folk PK DAL

At this point I don't have any serious bye weeks issues so I got lucky there.
I like this squad...a little shallow at RB and some risk/reward at WR, but this squad could make some noise.YOUR GRADE: A-

Kyle Orton QB19 DEN (7)

Jerheme Urban WR ARI (4)

Hank Baskett WR PHI (4)

Bo Scaife TE19 TEN (7)

Desmond Clark TE CHI (5)

Dallas Cowboys D/ST (6)

Mason Crosby PK GB (5)

Rian Lindell PK BUF (9)

#7 WR is more important than #3 TE, particularly when your #3 WR is Nate Washington.YOUR GRADE: B
Looks more like a C- or a D+ I dont see any position that looks strong. A B is above average and I dont think Id consider this team above average. And its an F considering the bye's which isnt his fault. Think you're too generous with your grading.

Hell Toupee

(6) Tony Romo QB8 DAL

(8) Byron Leftwich QB TB

(6) Frank Gore RB10 SF

(4) Roddy White WR6 ATL

(9) Lee Evans WR29 BUF

(7) Nate Burleson WR SEA

(4) Early Doucet WR ARZ

(5) Greg Olsen TE8 CHI

(8) Ben Watson TE32 NE

I like this squad...should've drafted another D though and your RB depth is the suck.

YOUR GRADE: B+
Yeah that looks like a B- to me, not bad for someones first time, going with 1 DEF, shows the inexperience.

Shadowfax

(6) Peyton Manning QB2 IND

(9) JaMarcus Russell QB25 OAK

(4) Michael Turner RB3 ATL

(9) Leon Washington RB31 NYJ

(10) Ahmad Bradshaw RB32 NYG

(8) Jamal Charles RB49 KC

(7) TJ Houshmandzadeh WR14 SEA

(8) Santonio Holmes WR21 PIT

(6) Anthony Gonzalez WR24 IND

(6) Patrick Crayton WR58 DAL

(7) Bryant Johnson WR70 DET

(9) David Clowney WR NYJ

(9) Javon Walker WR OAK

(8) Heath Miller TE16 PIT

(7) Marcedes Lewis TE22 JAX

(9) Oakland Raiders D/ST

(7) Jacksonville Jaguars D/ST

(8) Kansas City Chiefs D/ST

(5) Nate Kaeding PK SD

(10) Lawrence Tynes PK NYG

QB - Peyton should provide top scoring. Russell was the last "true" starter left IMO and it was encouraging seeing him post 24, 23, 19 points the last 3 weeks last year.

RB - Turner should be top 5-10. Leon was more than solid enough as a RB2 in this format and I hope Bradshaw can step into that role also. Charles was a bit of a flyer and I have to hope LJ leaves. Overall RBs aren't as deep as I'd like but kept getting sniped on ones I wanted and spidey sense was telling me to stay away from others. Hopefully, it's good enough.

WR - Like the top 3 of TJ, Holmes and Gonzalez. Need Crayton and Johnson to post some average numbers but worried both may lose their "current" starting jobs. Can Clowney win the #2 job or at least post some deep TD scores every now and then. WTF knows what Walker will do but worth a gamble in the 19th.

TE - Waited on TE and it shows. Miller was top 5 TE last 6 weeks last year...maybe he continues on that pace? More likely, he'll be inconsistent with up and down weeks. And Lewis...well, somebody's got to catch the ball in Jax, right? Hoped Zach Miller, Olsen, or Keller would fall to me in the 6th and then couldn't belive Awesome sniped Shockey as his TE2 one pick before me. Average scoring here and possiblity of bad weeks could hurt.

K/DST - Got 2 kickers on good offenses. Got 3 (below) average DSTs. Picked up a 3rd DST in KC in the 20th, as the 3rd to last pick. I'll take it instead of a random flyer. These 3 DSTS would have given me double digit scoring almost every week last year.

Not a team that's going to blow other teams out of the way. I don't have to be the highest every week...just not the lowest and IMO, this squad should provide enough scoring each week to last a while. No real major bye week issues either.

krsone21

I like my QB's. I was pleased to get Carson Palmer at my #1 QB as the 11th QB taken. If he plays like I know he can then he could be a top 8 QB. I waited a while to get my #2 QB in Kerry Collins. He isn't flashy but he should be steady and have a couple of big games through out the year.

I am ok with my RB's. I really like my two starters in this format, however they both have injury concerns especially Bush so if he can stay healthy then he is a still as the 14 RB taken. My backups are nothing special. Just fillers basically for bye weeks and hope that they can add a decent game once and a while.

(5) Reggie Bush RB14 NO

(5) Kevin Jones RB CHI

(8) Dwayne Bowe WR13 KC

(?) Torry Holt WR38 ???

(9) David Patten WR CLE

I am happy with my TE's they both finished in the top 10 last year. If they can equal last years production then I should get a decent week out of one of them each week and have a decent optoin during my bye weeks.

I have two good defenses. Defenses can score some nice points in this league so I wanted to good ones.

(7) Tennesee Titans D/ST

For my kickers I just wanted to guys that had job security and different bye weeks.

(5) Robbie Gould PK CHI

(6) Nick Folk PK DAL

At this point I don't have any serious bye weeks issues so I got lucky there.
I like this squad...a little shallow at RB and some risk/reward at WR, but this squad could make some noise.YOUR GRADE: A-
The TE's are the suck his WRs are a joke, #2 has finished higher than 29th one time, #3 is washed up and done, and he shores them up by drafting three rookie WRs (who does that?) . And an awful QB2. His RBs are questionable I dont see a single position here that looks strong. Looks like a D- or just D

Andy Dufresne

(9) Marc Bulger QB31 STL

(7) Kevin Smith RB17 DET

(8) Kevin Faulk RB56 NE

(6) Davone Bess WR56 MIA

(6) Jason Hill WR71 SF

(5) Antonio Gates TE3 SD

(9) Phil Dawson PK CLE

(7)Detroit Lions D/ST
You can't win with Three starting WRs in this format unless you get incredibly lucky...you're toast.YOUR GRADE: C
Thats looks more like a D- to me, I dont think Ive ever seen in 4 years of playing survivor leagues someone take 4 QBs

Thats looks more like a D- to me, I dont think Ive ever seen in 4 years of playing survivor leagues someone take 4 QBs
:finger:I've played survivor leagues for one year and won. :shrug:
Maybe a D- is a little too rough considering all the positions except WR are solid, but WRs are probably the most important position in a ppr league, you waited till the 4th round for your WR1, and I dont think Id draft only 5 WRs even if i had 3 pro bowlers start. Yeah Hucks is probably right at a C, you're better than Rudnicki I'll give you that.

Well now that we've given the not so grades lets get to the good ones.

Fullback Fro

(4) Donovan McNabb QB7 PHI

(7) Joe Flacco QB20 BAL

(9) Marshawn Lynch RB 20 BUF

(8) Derrick Ward RB29 TB

(7) Willis McGahee RB37 BAL

(7) Correll Buckhalter RB54 DEN

(7) T.J. Duckett RB SEA

(6) Reggie Wayne WR3 IND

(5) Lance Moore WR30 NO

(8) Joey Galloway WR51 NE

(6) Brandon Jones WR68 SF

(9) Chaz Schilens WR OAK

(5) Robert Meachem WR NO

(?) Jarett Dillard WR ROOKIE

(8) Tony Gonzalez TE2 KC

(6) Vernon Davis TE20 SF

(4) Arizona Cardinals D/ST

(6) San Francisco 49ers D/ST

(4) Neil Rackers PK ARI

(9) Josh Brown PK STL

This is good here I think, a little thin at WR and Lance Moore isnt my favorite but very solid from top to bottum.

Grade: A-

Place your teams in this thread and discuss away.

Sigmund Bloom

(4) Kurt Warner QB5 ARI

(4) Matt Leinart QB ARI

(7) Daunte Culpepper QB DET

(4) Jonathan Stewart RB22 CAR

(?) Knowshon Moreno RB27 ROOKIE

(7) LeRon McClain RB38 BAL

(?) Donald Brown RB44 ROOKIE

(?) Cedric Peerman RB ROOKIE

(8) Randy Moss WR4 NE

(9) Donnie Avery WR33 STL

(6) Josh Morgan WR42 SF

(4) Muhsin Muhammad WR53 CAR

(5) Devery Henderson WR65 NO

(7) Demetrius Williams WR BAL

(6) Jason Witten TE1 DAL

(9) Randy McMichael TE STL

(7) Baltimore Ravens D/ST2

(5) New Orleans Saints D/ST

(4) Jason Elam PK ATL

(6) Dan Carpenter PK MIA
You read my strategy exactly, wait on RB and shore it up with the underrated rookies. I like how you have better proven WRs than me as depth, and I like everything about this team except the QBs, still think you should of grabbed a QB instead of Avery, I dont subscribe to the belief in being cheap with a position that scores the most points and has very little depth. Week 4 looks rough I think you're behind Fro.

Grade B+

Looks more like a C- or a D+ I dont see any position that looks strong. A B is above average and I dont think Id consider this team above average. And its an F considering the bye's which isnt his fault. Think you're too generous with your grading.
ouch.I'm not crazy about the squad either. Probably give myself a C here. I think the QBs, RBs and TEs are all strong enough to win (assuming Orton wins and holds onto the Denver job), but the WRs are a weak spot for sure.

5) Jay Cutler QB9 CHI

(4) Jake Delhomme QB22 CAR

I took Cutler before he was moved and I am pretty happy he ended up in Chitown actually. I think I got 2 solid starters. If Jake gets hurt, surviving will be tough.

(7) Chris Johnson RB8 TEN

(6) Felix Jones RB35 DAL

(7) Ray Rice RB46 BAL

(6) Tashard Choice RB52 DAL

(8) Kolby Smith RB KC

(8) Ladell Betts RB WAS

I took an extra RB after I saw the bye weeks, which hurt me at K. I was willing to take the hit there. I targeted PPR RBs and was happy with the value of Choice and Rice.

(5) Greg Jennings WR8 GB

(7) Eddie Royal WR17 DEN

(5) Vincent Jackson WR 28 SD

(6) Miles Austin WR49 DAL

(9) Johnnie Lee Higgins WR68 OAK

(?) Hakeem Nicks WR ROOKIE

(8) Malcolm Kelly WR WAS

I like my WRs, especially my top 3. I wish I had a couple more vets rather than so many youngsters for depth.

(9) Dustin Keller TE9 NYJ

(?) Brandon Pettigrew TE ROOKIE

This could end up being a major weakness if Keller dips w/o Favre.

(9) New York Jets D/ST

(4) Carolina Panthers D/ST

2 good Ds.

(7) Rob Bironas PK TEN

1 decent kicker

Overall, I like my team, but it is a bit younger than I would have liked. The byes are fairly well spread out and I should finish in the top half of the league. Enjoyed drafting with everyone!

Norseman

(5) Drew Brees QB1 NO

(8) Luke McCown QB29 TB

Took the first QB off the board in the 2nd round.(the top fantasy QB from last year) If I had to do it again I probably would have waited until the 3rd round, as I would have been happy with any of the top 3 or 4 QB's. I waited a little to long to get my #2, although he shouldn't be need for more than a couple of weeks. And contrary to shark pool opinion, McCown will be starting for Tampa Bay at the beginning of the year. (I would put it at 80-90% that he gets the job over Leftwich). Very solid at QB.

(5) Ryan Grant RB23 GB

(8) Willie Parker RB26 PIT

(9) Jamal Lewis RB34 CLE

(?) Rashard Jennings RB ROOKIE

(10) Danny Ware RB NYG

From WSL experience, I thought that good RB value would be there in the 4th round and later. Was very happy with Grant and Parker, although I was hoping Addai would fall. Was hoping that Felix Jones would last until my 8th round pick (he didn't go before the end of the 8th in all the WSL's) and I regretted not taking him after he went a few picks after I took Lewis in the 7th. Hopefully Lewis keeps the job for another year and has a decent year. Hope the rookie lands in a good situation. Ware is the 3rd RB in NY, so he should get a few good games filling in when Jacobs gets hurt.

Possibly 3 starting RB's, decent at this position.

(4) Larry Fitzgerald WR1 ARI

(9) Braylon Edwards WR16 CLE

(10) Kevin Walter WR36 HOU

(7) Justin Gage WR45 TEN

(?) Percy Harvin WR69 ROOKIE

(4) Harry Douglas WR ATL

Fitz is the consensus #1 WR, hopefully he continues his end of year run. Didn't really like the Edwards pick, although he has top 5 potential. I would be happy with top 20 finish. Walter and Gage are underrated WR's who usually finish higher than there ADP. I like Harvin's big play potential and upside. Douglas was good value where I got him and should score for me a few times.

Very good group of WR's, hopefully one of the best.

(4) Brent Celek TE17 PHI

(7) Todd Heap TE21 BAL

(7) L.J. Smith TE BAL

Wanted to take a TE earlier, but everyone that I was targeting went a few picks to a half a round before they got to me and I kept putting it off. Hope that Celek continues his improved play from late in the season. Cornered the market on Balt. TE's, since Heap can't seem to stay healthy, Smith should help cover when he goes out.

Probably one of the worst sets of TE's in this league, but hopefully out of the 3, someone will step up every week.

(5) Chicago Bears D/ST

(9) Buffalo Bills D/ST

Got 2, both have great return games and no bye problems. Should be in the top half with this pair.

(7) Josh Scobee PK JAX

(9) Jay Feely PK NYJ

Kickers, I got 2 with different byes, and both should be safe to keep there jobs.

Overall, I am pretty happy with my team. No real bye week conflicts. If the RB's can keep there jobs and return to past production levels, and my TE's can be average or better, and no major injures(which goes for ever team) I should have a good shot to advance fairly deep this year.

AD11

(8) Tom Brady QB3 NE

(9) Kellen Clemens QB NYJ

I fully expect Brady to be healthy next year. With all the weapons in NE, Brady could very fell finish as the top QB once again or at least compete with Brees as the #1 QB. Ya Clemons isnt the best backup and i waited too long, but most #2 QBs dont play when you have a stud.

(7) Maurice Jones Drew RB1 JAX

(8) Larry Johnson RB25 KC

(8) Cedric Benson RB31 CIN

(7) Greg Jones RB58 JAX

(7) Lamont Jordan RB DEN

(9) Antonio Pittman RB STL

I really love my top 3 Rbs. MJD is signed and will have a huge year in PPR formats. LJ is doing and saying all the right things lately and will most likely stay in KC. Hes gonna be a work horse back in an improving offense. I thought Benson had good value as one of the only starters left. If the cinci offense plays better this year with Palmer back, he could be a steal. My other Rbs arent too useful. Jones provides a handcuff for MJD. Hoping theres a reason Mcdaniels brought Jordan to Denver. Pittman isnt worth much, but they lean on him when Jackson gets injured. Bye weeks here could be tricky for 7 and 8. I guess Jones or Jordan will be starting for a week.

(8) Laveranues Coles WR23 CIN

(4) Kevin Curtis WR39 PHI

(6) Greg Camarillo WR46 MIA

(10) Domenik Hixon WR47 NYG

(7) Mike Walker WR59 JAX

(5) Earl Bennett WR60 CHI

Seeing as starting Wrs is my biggest weakness, I loaded up with later round talent and got some decent depth. Coles is probably the worst #1 on a team but he could put up Whosyomama numbers. Palmer looks to be back and it is known that he heavily helped recruit Coles to the Bengals. Curtis is just meh, hes solid enough. I really like what Camarillo did at the start of the season before injury. He was on pace for over 80 catches. Hixon depends on if the Giants bring in a top WR. If they dont then Hixon will get alot of targets. Mike Walker well what can I say, someone has to catch the ball in JAX. Bennett and Cutler will have good chemistry from playing at Vanderbilt. I expect Camarillo, Hixon, Walker and Bennett all to compete for the 3rd spot. Oh ya and the bye weeks couldnt be any better for me.

(6) Dallas Clark TE4 IND

(4) Donte Rosario TE CAR

Clark will be a top TE and with Harrison gone I cant see looks decreasing. Waited a bit for my next TE as i never saw value where I was picking. Rosario is weak but he wont start much.

(9) Minnesota Vikings D/ST

(7) Seattle Seahawks D/ST

The Vikings have a great D and Seattle should improve in that weak division. Different byes doesnt hurt.

(7) Olindo Mare PK SEA

(8) Connor Barth PK KC

Well Kickers arent strong, I just wanted 2 with different byes.

Overall Im pretty happy with my team. I like having a stud QB and TE that will start every week. I know Wrs are important in PPR but I like my depth and am confident each week I could find a solid 3. Im not really sure if I like picking at the #1 spot. Having to wait 32 picks meant having to reach a bit if u wanted someone. Ive never been in a draft with more 10 teams, So I guess I did ok.

ouch.I'm not crazy about the squad either. Probably give myself a C here. I think the QBs, RBs and TEs are all strong enough to win (assuming Orton wins and holds onto the Denver job), but the WRs are a weak spot for sure.
Let me clarify that the grade I gave you means that you are a tad below average imo. I mean Schefflers value just fell off a cliff this offseason and he was bad enough last season finishing TE13. Scaife is a ok pick for #2 but you lack a #1 TE. You're WRs are pretty pathetic I think outside of Calvin Johnson, not alot to like Berrian is a mediocre at best #2 WR and you took alot of low upside WRs outside of that and not enough of them at that. Your RBs you have Portis who's solid but battles alot of injuries and he's getting up there in mileage. Not alot to like after that, Addai has been horrible for 1.5 seasons now, he finished RB39 and I really dont like his talent. Maurice Morris and Tim Hightower makes me want to vomit, I actually like Andre Smiths prospects better than those two guys. This is a subjective thing so I wouldnt be surprised if I was wrong. What position do you think your team will win this league? Did you miss out on what you planned? What was your predraft plan?well atleast you shored up QBs, DEFs and Ks well, gave yourself a chance to survive, didnt really make a rookie mistake in that sense.

(10) Matt Schaub QB12 HOU

(6) Shaun Hill QB30 SF

I've got some risk at my QB position but im happy enough with what i have. Schaub is deadly when he's healthy, the problem is he has trouble staying healthy. I drafted Hill last year late figuring he was the best QB on the team but JT O'Sullivan stole the job at the last 2nd. I highly doubt Hill loses out on the job again, the guy has produced every time he's touched the field, and he seems like a QB that Singletary would love.

(9) Steven Jackson RB4 STL

(5) Pierre Thomas RB24 NO

(9) Fred Jackson RB41 BUF

(5) Brandon Jackson RB57 GB

(8) Sammy Morris RB NE

Basically my plan for picking RB's was get guys who caught the ball, as they are more consistent scorers in this format. Steven Jackson fits the bill, as is guaranteed to be a top 5 RB in this format if he plays 15+ games. Thomas scored 23.45 points per game over his last 6 games, so i know if he gets the opportunity he has what it takes to be successful, and i don't anticipate the Saints acquiring any RB's that would detract from Thomas' touches. Fred Jackson is solid, he's a big back who can catch the ball. So i expect him to be very successful in his 4 weeks where he gets to start, and he's good for 3 receptions and 7 carries a game when he's not starting. Brandon Jackson is the third down back on a high octane offense, good enough for a RB4. And i don't have much faith in Ryan Grant as a starting RB in this league. Morris i basically just took to deal with the bye weeks, which is pretty bad. Considering Laurence Maroney went in the 10th round, i think Morris was excellent value in the 19th round though.

(8) Wes Welker WR12 NE

(?) Michael Crabtree WR37 ROOKIE

(6) Ted Ginn Jr. WR40 MIA

(8) Bobby Engram WR62 KC

(5) James Jones WR GB

(9) Laurent Robinson WR STL

(4) Jason Avant WR PHI

Went the safe route with my WR1. Welker is good for 100 receptions. I can definitely see Crabtree having success right away. Chances are wherever he ends up he's going to be the WR1 and he'll get targets. I can see him getting 70+ receptions. Ginn is the kind of WR i usually stay far away from in fantasy. But he has progressed fairly well so hopefully he can take another step. Engram is 1 year removed from a 94 reception season. I still think he has what it takes to be successful, and being the WR3 in Todd Haley's offense he should be good for consistent targets and receptions. Barring injury theres no chance in hell he finishes worse than WR62 imo. James Jones and Laurent Robinson are both the kind of WRs i target in dynasty leagues. Big, strong, hand catchers, and run sharp routes. Hopefully one of them breaks out and does me good. Avant i took as insurance incase Crabtree ends up with a week 8 bye. Plus McNabb looked Avant's way a lot on 3rd downs in the playoffs, hopefully that carries over to this season.

(8) Chris Cooley TE5 WAS

(5) Jeremy Shockey TE14 NO

I'm pretty sure i have the top TE combo in the league. I really like Cooley this year. He finished as the TE4 last year in this scoring format and he only scored 1 TD. Before last year Cooley has never scored less than 6 TDs in a year, safe to say i fully expect Cooley to be a top 5 TE this year again. Shockey is a stud of a TE2. He was top10 in points per game last year, and he didn't even touch the end zone once. This year he's going to voluntary workouts so hopefully he's getting some chemistry with Brees that lacked last year.

(4) Philadelphia Eagles D/ST

(4) Atlanta Falcons D/ST

Two pretty stellar defenses, i went for defenses that gave up few points over defenses that forced a lot of turnovers as turnovers change so drastically year to year. Unfortunately they both ended up with a week 4 bye week. I'm playing to win it all not to make sure i don't embarrass myself by going out early. So i figured picking a third D/ST will help me a lot in week 4, but in any week after that chances are it would be a waste of a roster spot so i decided to go a different direction.

(4) John Kasay PK CAR

(9) Sebastian Janikowski PK OAK

Two kickers with safe jobs who have different bye weeks. Good enough for me.

Looking back i have quite a few injury prone guys, but overall i'm pretty happy with this team. Though i'm sure Norris will carve me a new one. I've got bye week troubles in week 4, and 8; and week 5/9 aren't great for my RB's. Chances are i go out one of those weeks.

Last edited:
Sigmund Bloom

(4) Kurt Warner QB5 ARI

(4) Matt Leinart QB ARI

(7) Daunte Culpepper QB DET

My QB situation has been discussed in depth, both the choice of Leinart and the choice to not go with a strong QB2. It seems like we see more QBs lose their job to injury or demotion than any other position. I like the "team QB" strategy here (assuming Leinart doesnt lose out to St. Pierre somehow), and when the byes came out and I saw that Arizona's was early, and that my #1 RB also shared that bye, I decided to go with Culpepper to hopefully avoid the zero in week 4.

(4) Jonathan Stewart RB22 CAR

(?) Knowshon Moreno RB27 ROOKIE

(7) LeRon McClain RB38 BAL

(?) Donald Brown RB44 ROOKIE

(?) Cedric Peerman RB ROOKIE

I feel pretty good about my RBs even though I didn't spend one of my first two picks on one. Stewart will give me an low-mid RB2 baseline, and he's a top 10 RB anytime DeAngelo gets dinged. I love that he was still an RB 2 last year while Williams was ripping off a career year. McClain is my other safe back, at worst I think he still gets the bulldozer goal line carries and the finishing stretches when Baltimore is in the lead. Coaches comments implied that he has the ability to get a lot better. The shtogun rookie RB approach should pay off, last year it got me Forte. I figure one of Brown or Moreno should land in a plum spot, maybe both. Peerman is a great passcatcher and he's a high character hard worker, dont be surprised if he goes on the first day. I really wanted to take Andre Brown at 19/20, but QB and WR seemed more pressing.

(8) Randy Moss WR4 NE

(9) Donnie Avery WR33 STL

(6) Josh Morgan WR42 SF

(4) Muhsin Muhammad WR53 CAR

(5) Devery Henderson WR65 NO

(7) Demetrius Williams WR BAL

I don't love the corps, but I think its better than it looks on paper. Moss is the anchor, Avery and Morgan both have WR1 upside if they stay healthy and get halfway decent QB play. Both also showed a propensity for the big play last year. Mumu is my baseline 4-5 catch a week guy to fill weeks when Avery/Morgan are duds. Henderson is another big play guy who should contribute 4-6 scoring weeks, and the Saints showed a strange amount of confidence in him with a long term deal. Moore's injury only helps. Williams was a last round pick to give me 5 WRs in any given bye week (if they stay healthy, doubtful). He's also a big play guy (70 yard TD last year before he got hurt), and when the Ravens had to go pass heavy when they were getting murdered by the Colts, Flacco really zeroed in on Williams. If Williams had stayed healthy, I think he would have been a better designated deep ball guy than Clayton, if that can happen this year, that pick will be gold (until Williams gets hurt).

(6) Jason Witten TE1 DAL

(9) Randy McMichael TE STL

Love Witten with TO gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he outscores every WR too. The plan is for him and Moss to trade off 25-30 pt weeks. McMike was too good to pass up even though I dont need a good backup in theory. With the WR issues in St Louis, I think he can easily catch 50-60 balls, and as I said earlier this was a keep away from weaker TE teams too.

(7) Baltimore Ravens D/ST2

(5) New Orleans Saints D/ST

Love that attacking Baltimore D, New Orleans can hopefully give me some Bush punt returns and big plays in shootouts.

(4) Jason Elam PK ATL

(6) Dan Carpenter PK MIA

Nothing cute here, one dome kicker, one good weather kicker.

Phillip Rivers QB6 SD (5)Kyle Orton QB19 DEN (7)Clinton Portis RB11 WAS (8)Joseph Addai RB21 IND (6)Tim Hightower RB28 ARI (4)Maurice Morris RB55 DET (7)Andre Brown RB?? ROOKIE (?)Calvin Johnson WR5 DET (7)Bernard Berrian WR31 MIN (9)Nate Washington WR52 TEN (7)Dennis Northcutt WR67 JAX (7)Jerheme Urban WR ARI (4)Hank Baskett WR PHI (4)Tony Scheffler TE13 DEN (7)Bo Scaife TE19 TEN (7)Desmond Clark TE CHI (5)Dallas Cowboys D/ST (6)Cleveland Browns D/ST (9)Mason Crosby PK GB (5)Rian Lindell PK BUF (9)WRs will probably get me knocked out at some point, whether in week 7 or not, but I like the rest of the squad.
Love the QB upside without a huge investment. Good top 3 RBs, although I worry about Portis and Addai being worn out by the end of the season. Brown was a brilliant late pick, he should have went a lot earlier. Lots of faith in Washington and Northcutt at WR, although Northcutt looked like a stud late last year - like he had found the fountain of youth or something. I wanted to take him, but you beat me to it. I do think the third TE pick was overkill, Scaife and Scheffler is a fine combo.

Quite happy with my team...QBs aren't the greatest, but the two should put up some decent points at least. As long as Gonzo stays in KC, I feel Cassell will easily outperform where I picked him up. Pennington was nice to have where I got him, too. I felt I needed to pick up a fairly decent QB to backup Cassell, just in case.My RBs aren't the greatest, either. IF Westbrook can stay healthy, he's worth a ton of points in this format. As long as he gives me a good 12-14 games, I'll be happy. T Jones overachieved last year, his potential holdout scares me a little, and where I grabbed him may hurt. Kinda wish I could redo that pick, but oh well. The others I'm fairly happy with. Taylor might not be the starter, but I'm quite convinced that Belicheck will use him a good deal. He knows what Fred is capable of doing. They need some semblance of a running game, and Fred is a gamer. If Maroney sucks again or is injured, Fred can step right in. Either way, he'll still get some playing time each game. Fargas isn't flashy, but I got him later on and will continue to split with McFadden. Cobbs I was happy with as late as I got him. He is stuck behind Brown and Williams, but he is a decent receiving back (kind of Bush-esque), and had a few decent games last year, which is all I need from him.My receivers are what I'm ecstatic about. Boldin will be huge, whether he stays in AZ or gets traded (Philly please!). Ward, Mason, and Driver may not be flashy, but that is some serious consistency. All three are veterans are worth 70+ receptions and 1000+ yards. None have very many blowup games, but are consistent in catches/yards. Followed by Clayton and Reed who will both have a few decent games between them, and make up for bad weeks/bye weeks.My TEs are ok. I waited quite awhile on them, as I felt the value wasn't there after the first five or six were taken. I would rather have a consistent WR than a so-so TE. It's hard to find consistent WRs, but especially hard to find consistent TEs, and after Cooley was picked, I decided to wait a good deal longer. Boss isn't too bad. I think Eli will use him more this year. The others aren't great, but I am thinking Graham might be a steal, as he has a connection with McDaniel from their NE days. That, and if Orton winds up being the starter there, he used his TEs a decent amount in Chicago last year (Olsen and Clark), so I can see Graham and Scheffler (if he's still there by the beginning of the season).Kickers and Defenses? Eh, fairly happy with em.Overall I like it. My bye weeks turned out to be very nice and spread out, which is surprising, since I have a lot of NFC East players. I guess the NFL heard my plea when putting the schedule together!
I expect Cassel to be fine, even if its on the way to a 2-14 season. Penny is a great baseline backup. Westbrook and Jones is still a fine 1-2 punch, if Jones does 75% of last year, he was a fine pick. Taylor and Fargas are way underrated, and good injury hedges against Westbrook, and Cobbs is WAAAAY underrated in this format. He'll catch 4-5 balls in a few games and get a gadget TD or two. The Fins quietly re-signed him during the season last year, so you know they like him. Very solid WR, I like the trio of boring but safe WR, all three of them are good bets to outperform draft position. Boss and Graham was making the best of a being in a bad place. You will need some explosive weeks from Westbrook and Boldin to make up for the lack of upside there.

NorrisB said:
Well now that we've given the not so grades lets get to the good ones.

Fullback Fro

(4) Donovan McNabb QB7 PHI

(7) Joe Flacco QB20 BAL

(9) Marshawn Lynch RB 20 BUF

(8) Derrick Ward RB29 TB

(7) Willis McGahee RB37 BAL

(7) Correll Buckhalter RB54 DEN

(7) T.J. Duckett RB SEA

(6) Reggie Wayne WR3 IND

(5) Lance Moore WR30 NO

(8) Joey Galloway WR51 NE

(6) Brandon Jones WR68 SF

(9) Chaz Schilens WR OAK

(5) Robert Meachem WR NO

(?) Jarett Dillard WR ROOKIE

(8) Tony Gonzalez TE2 KC

(6) Vernon Davis TE20 SF

(4) Arizona Cardinals D/ST

(6) San Francisco 49ers D/ST

(4) Neil Rackers PK ARI

(9) Josh Brown PK STL

This is good here I think, a little thin at WR and Lance Moore isnt my favorite but very solid from top to bottum.

Grade: A-
QBs will work just fine, should be a top 5-7 combo. Quality RBs after Lynch, at least McGahee *should* be healthy for the games Lynch misses. Cbuck and Duckett were very savvy late picks. WR could be a real issue if Moore doesnt come back strong from shoulder surgery. Galloway will contribute some weeks, Jones is a little shakier with the return of Bruce - at least Meachem hedges Moore a bit. This could be a real sore spot though. Gonzo is money, and if he lands in Atlanta, even better.

Andy Dufresne

(9) Marc Bulger QB31 STL

(7) Kevin Smith RB17 DET

(8) Kevin Faulk RB56 NE

(6) Davone Bess WR56 MIA

(6) Jason Hill WR71 SF

(5) Antonio Gates TE3 SD

(9) Phil Dawson PK CLE

(7)Detroit Lions D/ST

The QB situation looks okay. At least one of those four should be able to put up decent numbers during any given week.

If LT can regain any sort of his previous form, I might have gotten a steal. Smith should improve and the last three could be solid PPR filler.

Lots of ??? with my WRs.

Can't believe that San Diego and Green Bay share a bye. :angry:

I think I should have taken another WR somewhere along the way. If I'd known that three completely random QBs would all have week 9 byes, I probably would have taken a WR instead of one of them. I also obviously waited too long to pick a D/ST.
possible QB overkill, but if you are going to go with a throw it against the wall approach, QB is the position to do it. I think Eli is a solid enough baseline that you didnt need to go 4 deep, especially to get Anderson, who could get submarined by a rookie or still in Cleveland Quinn. Yeah he had upside with Edwards and Winslow, but he might have neither IF he's even the starter.Like the RBs a lot, Norwood is an excellent #3, and Ringer was a real nice lotto ticket in the late rounds.

Five wide is risky, unless three are WR1/WR2 types or all five are starters... :) You can't afford an injury or cold streak from 85 or Cotch.

Gates should bounce back well, just bad luck on GBs bye.

Users who are viewing this thread