What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL3 - Rounds 6-10 (1 Viewer)

7.10 - Trent EdwardsHigh upside but high flameout potential too. ;)Maybe he can do for me this year what Aaron Rodgers did last year.
Was considering him for my #2 QB with TO there. But there's still several decent QBs out there. I think he has a lot more upside this year than he did before, that's for sure...

what to do, what to do...

Decided I'm NOT getting caught at the tail end of the final QB run in this draft, which means it's now, in 3 picks (after Bloom takes who HE wants), or basically never.

7.15 Matt Hasselbeck, QB, Seattle Seahawks

If he's good enough for Houshmandzadeh, he's good enough to be my back-up QB.

It's also an odd year, and Matt seems to fare much better in odd years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like our draft finaly hit its first real speed bump. Oh well...can't complain too much considering what some of the other drafts went through early on. I'm gonna go and tip a few :rolleyes: , then see if my pick comes up later. ;)

Chris Chambers, WR, san Diego chargers.

On a plane guys. Sorry to folks who were waiting. Travel days suck.

I'll take a shot here.

8.03 QB Kyle Orton
Was kinda thinking of taking a risk on him, but there's no telling what Denver will do. My gut tells me they will stick with him this year and see how it pans out, and use the two 1sts for defense or a RB-DEF. But you do still have the rumors floating around that they may take a shot at Sanchez. So I decided to hold off on him unless he somehow dropped in my lap later on...

8.06. Brady Quinn, QB, CLE

I like his skill set despite what Bloom thinks about him. He's a very mobile QB as well, Id say he runs about 4.6, he makes good decisions, has a strong arm, is on bad defense with a so-so running game. I think he'll perform a little above Eli Mannings pace with upside for more.

Surprised he lasted this long... rumors of his demise have been put on hold until at least 2010, sooo...

8.09 Chad Pennington, QB, MIA

I like his skill set despite what Bloom thinks about him. He's a very mobile QB as well, Id say he runs about 4.6, he makes good decisions, has a strong arm, is on bad defense with a so-so running game. I think he'll perform a little above Eli Mannings pace with upside for more.
I was looking at Delhomme, Pennington, Orton, Flacco, and Hasselbeck for my #2. Happy to get one of them (last one, actually). Since I waited until the end (for QB #1), I decided to followup with a equally decent QB to ensure some steady production from the position. Makes me feel a lot better for having waited so long to grab one.The whole Quinn/Anderson soap opera had me scared. Actually, there are several ?? in several towns that helped push me to take #2 NOW...

I was looking at Delhomme, Pennington, Orton, Flacco, and Hasselbeck for my #2. Happy to get one of them (last one, actually). Since I waited until the end (for QB #1), I decided to followup with a equally decent QB to ensure some steady production from the position. Makes me feel a lot better for having waited so long to grab one.The whole Quinn/Anderson soap opera had me scared. Actually, there are several ?? in several towns that helped push me to take #2 NOW...
I was looking at Hasselbeck and Quinn, didnt like Orton or Flacco, Delhomme and Pennington have shot arms. Flacco might be good but I dont like the situation, Donald Anderson has absolutely zero chance of starting over Quinn, he cant hit the broad side of a barn. Someone quote me on that.

continuing with the requested run on QB 2s, .......

Jason Campbell QB Washington Redskins

I am still out of town and only have cell phone access, so please somebody PM next for me

continuing with the requested run on QB 2s, .......Jason Campbell QB Washington RedskinsI am still out of town and only have cell phone access, so please somebody PM next for me
nice pick, i was hoping on getting him this round. Guy's in his 2nd year in a west coast offense with some young weapons gaining experience, and Campbell is pretty safe with the football so he's consistent. Will PM dpeease for you.

Chris Chambers, WR, san Diego chargers. On a plane guys. Sorry to folks who were waiting. Travel days suck.
No problemo. You're right. Traveling is no fun at all.
I was on the West coast, too, so that didn't help. By the time I saw Bloom had picked you guys had been waiting and I was scrambling to get the kids together to get to the airport. Back in Chicago now - just in time for freezing rain and snow. Oh, joy.

continuing with the requested run on QB 2s, .......Jason Campbell QB Washington RedskinsI am still out of town and only have cell phone access, so please somebody PM next for me
Nice pick .I like Campbell a lot more than others around here

We're moving along nicely and the draft is really flowing.

The rest of round 8

13 Awesomeness

14 Shadowfax

15 krsone21

16 AD11

8.13 - Jeremy Shockey TE NO

Don't really need a TE but can't go wrong with this value. PM Sent

I was gonna take shockey for the same reason. Hes alot better then some of the TEs taken before him.

awesomeness said:
8.13 - Jeremy Shockey TE NO

Don't really need a TE but can't go wrong with this value. PM Sent
That's why you shouldn't have picked him...you ####er #### ### ####. :rant: :rant:

8.15 Visanthe Shianco TE MIN

Wanted to get my second TE, I didn't want to be on the wrong end of a TE2 run, since its a long way after this pick and my 9.02 pick.

Users who are viewing this thread