What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 (1 Viewer)

QB - Drew Brees 5, NO; Jamarcus Russell, 9Consensus top 3 QB and the one I see with the least issues. Had to reach a bit, but all of the top ones were gone by the next pick (and the next tier between 3rd and 4th). Russell was the last of the “guaranteed” starters – though Garcia could complicate that.RB - Frank Gore 6, Jerious Norwood 4, Felix Jones 6, J.J. Arrington 7, Greg Jones 7As I like to go, top RB then a combo for RB2. Norwood and Felix should have some good weeks. JJ goes to Denver – Kevin Faulk role? Or more? Greg Jones as the backup/possible vulture to MJD. Minimal bye issues – worst is Week 6 with top 2 off.WR - Eddie Royal 7, Greg Camarillo 6, Santana Moss 8, Isaac Bruce 6, Laveranues Coles 8, Harry Douglas 4, Kenny Britt ?Really like Royal/Santana/Coles as a “start” with Bruce/Camarillo as filler. Royal to the Welker role? – could be PPR gold. Santana is hot/cold but can win weeks alone. Coles gets Housh’s role. Hopefully Bruce doesn’t retire and Cam has a full recovery (looked good early with Penny). Douglas now the full-time WR3 in ATL. Will need to see where Britt lands to get his role. Minimal bye issues – worst is Week 8 with Moss/Coles off.TE - Zach Miller 9, James Casey ?All teams in a format like this will have an issue somewhere – here’s the biggest one for this team (though I finished 2nd in PDSL3 with a Utecht/Watson combo so can be done). Miller should put up good numbers again; Casey is a DalClark/Cooley prototype who I seee with Keller-like numbers depending on where he ends up. Potential for bye issues.PK - David Akers 4, Kris Brown 10DEF - New York Jets 9, Green Bay Packers 52 stable kickers, 2 decent D’s, no bye conflicts. Brown and NYJ have some upside potential.Overall: Not sure what to really think here, as the league looks pretty balanced; injuries will as usual come into play. My fear is that there may not be enough “explosiveness” here to take off, short of a MB3 and/or Turner injury. Like the “starting lineup” of:Brees/Gore/RB2/Royal/SMoss/Coles/ZMiller/K/Dbut depth could be a killer. Feels like a good 1st half team, but may not have enough to go top 4.
wow great draft duckylove douglas this year and you snaked him from menofbinlas mock mentioned oakland wants to free up zack miller from blocking to be more of a receiving threatjets dst is gonna be money - leon for returns along with the new talent and coachthen you have gore brees and royal to anchor your other skill positionsmoss and coles are nice wr2s and we dont know felix's ceiling yet, he could be huge:bag:

Fiddles

8 Brady NE

9 Edwards Buf

7 CJohnson Ten

8 Graham TB

9 MBush Oak

6 Choice Dal

? Greene Rook

4 RWhite Atl

8 ABryant TB

6 Austin Dal

7 Washington Ten

9 Patten Cle

? Thomas Rook

? Toomer FA

5 GOlsen Chi

7 JCarlson Sea

4 Rackers Az

9 Feely NYJ

8 Bengals

9 Raiders

Somehow within position I have no double byes (depending on FAs and rooks)

Looking back on this draft I made a few major mistakes. First Greg Olsen in the 5th instead of Desean Jackson. Considering Carlson was available in the 6th for me I should’ve gone with the WR. Second mistake was Trent Edwards in the 7th considering delhomme or Russell didn’t go till late 9th round. I would’ve been happy with either at that point. I also assumed Branch was gone and took Austin instead. Would rather have branch but we will see how that pans out. I probably should’ve grabbed another WR instead of Shonn Greene looking back on it. All of this is hindsight pretty much. Live and learn.

I am not feeling too confident in this team because of my WR depth. Everything else looks ok to me though.

6 Peyton Manning, INDI

7 Kerry Collins, TEN

9 Adrian Peterson, MIN

? "Beanie" Wells, ???

9 Chester Taylor, MIN

7 Correll Buckhalter, DEN

8 Sammy Morris, NE

8 Wes Welker, NE

8 Santonio Holmes, PIT

6 Anthony Gonzalez, IND

8 Joey Galloway, WR, NE

7 Jabar Gaffney, DEN

10 Andre Davis, HOU

10 David Anderson, HOU

10 Kevin Boss, NYG

4 Brent Celek, PHI

9 Ryan Longwell, MIN

9 Rian Lindell, BUF

9 Buffalo DEF

10 Houston DEF

Can't make up my mind about this one. Week 8 and 9 look tough from a bye perspective, but otherwise I'm pretty happy. What do you guys think?

Fiddles

8 Brady NE

9 Edwards Buf

7 CJohnson Ten

8 Graham TB

9 MBush Oak

6 Choice Dal

? Greene Rook

4 RWhite Atl

8 ABryant TB

6 Austin Dal

7 Washington Ten

9 Patten Cle

? Thomas Rook

? Toomer FA

5 GOlsen Chi

7 JCarlson Sea

4 Rackers Az

9 Feely NYJ

8 Bengals

9 Raiders

Looking back on this draft I made a few major mistakes. First Greg Olsen in the 5th instead of Desean Jackson. Considering Carlson was available in the 6th for me I should’ve gone with the WR. Second mistake was Trent Edwards in the 7th considering delhomme or Russell didn’t go till late 9th round. I would’ve been happy with either at that point. I also assumed Branch was gone and took Austin instead. Would rather have branch but we will see how that pans out. I probably should’ve grabbed another WR instead of Shonn Greene looking back on it. All of this is hindsight pretty much. Live and learn.

I am not feeling too confident in this team because of my WR depth. Everything else looks ok to me though.
I actually really like this team, but you may be right about the WR depth. IMO Thomas could be this year's DeSean Jackson (not quite Royal caliber) and after your top 2 you have a decent WR3BC going. Stud TEs, great QBs, I :lmao: CJ and your RB2BC should suffice. IMO, your team could easily be top 4. After that, it's a whole lot of luck.

QB - Jason Campbell, QB18, (8), Kyle Orton, QB22, (7); Derek Anderson, QB31, (9)

I'm content with this. I skimped on QB, but I have potentially 3 starters and I'm reasonably sure Campbell + Orton will be starting the season. Besides, Drew Brees is going to be the #1/#2 QB in every league this year and I don't want to pony up for him. Screw the rest of the QB options which usually can't beat QBBC.

RB - Michael Turner, RB4, (4), Larry Johnson, RB22, (8?), Fred Taylor, RB49, (8), Mewelde Moore, RB56, (8), Kenneth Darby, RB76, StL (9)

Turner is the man and I expect top 10 production all season. After that I figure even if LJ stays in KC, he'll be a respectable #2 back. As long as you temper expectations it's hard to bypass a back with the kind of numbers he's put up in the past. Next 3 are all back-ups with some high upside if they the chance to play. (Taylor being the lowest, but the most likely to see carries even if the starters are healthy)

WR - Dwayne Bowe, WR10, (8); Antwaan Randle El, WR55, (8), Derrick Mason, WR25, (7); Ike Hilliard, WR80, ???, Steve Breaston, WR38, (4), Ronald Curry, ???, Ben Obomanu, WR98, (7)

Ugh. I didn't want to take 2 WR that have yet to land anywhere, but you guys forced my hand by taking pretty much every single other WR on my draft list. Snagging Obomanu was my sole saving grace in an otherwise WR destroyed draft. I figure Bowe, Randel El, Mason and Breaston will be able to carry me most weeks, but I'm sunk if the other 2 don't see any real action. Only going 7 WR and not realizing Hilliard wasn't still in TB kind of put me behind the 8-ball here.

TE - Chris Cooley, TE5, (8)

Stud. Scoreboard. Top-4 production if healthy.

PK - Mason Crosby, PK5, (5), Shaun Suisham, (8)

Kickers. I have 2.

DEF - Minnesota Vikings, (9); Seattle Seahawks, (7)

Defenses. I have 2. Seattle was robbery considering all the injuries and complete lack of offense last year and they haven't slid out of the top 15 in DEF scoring over the past 3 years other than 08 (19th).

Week 8 is going to slaughter me. I made a stupid decision to sacrifice my WAS guys for the singleton bye week to get the maximum value out of my picks. Week 8 with 6 teams out devastated me, leaving me with potentially 2 QB, 5 WR, 2 RB, 0 TE, 1 K and 2 DEF. Out of 20 picks, only 12 will be playing that week if things stand as they are.

Otherwise I got a nice underpowered team with a few anchors and a bunch of consistent scorers on board.

Player PDSL1 PDSL2 PDSL3 PDSL4 ADP By PositionA. Johnson 1.16 1.16 1.11 1.06 1.12 WR2J. Witten 2.01 2.03 2.01 2.04 2.03 TE1J. Addai 3.16 3.11 3.14 3.06 3.10 RB17P. Rivers 4.01 4.02 4.03 3.15 3.16 QB6L. Moore 6.01 5.15 5.13 5.08 5.14 WR31D. Driver 5.16 7.03 6.09 6.06 6.03 WR34L. White 7.15 6.14 7.05 7.04 7.03 RB32C. Benson 8.01 8.06 7.01 7.01 7.15 RB36R. Mendenhall 9.16 10.12 9.11 7.09 9.10 RB44B. Quinn 10.01 9.05 8.06 9.09 9.11 QB25Br. Johnson 11.16 10.08 12.14 11.01 11.06 WR62Baltimore 12.01 11.04 11.16 11.03 11.08 D/ST2looks like ADP wise I did rather well with my picksonly really reaching on Driver, which I didnt mind doing.

LenDale was great value

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiddles

8 Brady NE

9 Edwards Buf

7 CJohnson Ten

8 Graham TB

9 MBush Oak

6 Choice Dal

? Greene Rook

4 RWhite Atl

8 ABryant TB

6 Austin Dal

7 Washington Ten

9 Patten Cle

? Thomas Rook

? Toomer FA

5 GOlsen Chi

7 JCarlson Sea

4 Rackers Az

9 Feely NYJ

8 Bengals

9 Raiders

I really like this team. You're going to post some huge TE scores.

QB1-Carson Palmer 4.16-Week 8

QB2-Matt Hasselbeck 7.01-Week 7

Love Palmer and Hass and no bye week conflict, so all I have to worry about is injury. As long as both stay healthy, since neither really has a running game, they should both put up some nice #'s.

RB1-Maurice Jones-Drew 1.01-Week 7

RB2-Ronnie Brown 3.01-Week 6

RB3-Willis McGahee 6.16-Week 7

RB4-Maurice Morris 13.01-Week 7

RB5-Lamont Jordan 18.16-Week 7

RB6-Kolby Smith 20.16-Week 8

MJD, Brown, and Willis should go a long way in getting me through week 6. However I'll have to count on Ronnie Brown and Kolby Smith to get me past week 7. :shrug: Miami has the Saints in week 7, so as long as Smith gets a little PT that week, maybe I can hold on.

WR1-Marques Colston 2.16-Week 5

WR2-Hines Ward 5.01-Week 8

WR3-Domenik Hixon 9.01-Week 10

WR4-Sidney Rice 11.01-Week 9

WR5-Percy Harvin 14.16-

WR6-Brian Robiskie 15.01-

I've got 2 real good WR's and 2 who will be hot and cold and 2 rooks who I don't even know where they are headed. But at least I don't have any bye week conflicts at this position. I think Robiskie in the 15th was great value because I believe he is the most NFL ready WR in this draft. He will play right away. And whoever drafts Harvin will do all they can to get him 10-15 touches per game. He is a game breaker.

TE1-Vernon Davis 8.16-Week 6

TE2-Todd Heap 10.16-Week 7

Not real crazy about my TE's but they do have the talent to do well. Davis just needs to keep his head on straight and Heap needs to stay healthy.

PK1-Phil Dawson 16.16-Week 9

PK2-Joe Nedney 19.01-Week 6

What can I say? they are kickers with no bye week conflict.

D/ST-Tampa Bay 12.16-Week 8

D/ST2-Atlanta Falcons 17.01-Week 4

Took a chance by taking 2 division D/ST's and it worked out. Now I just need them to score some points.

Week 7 will be a killer for me. If I can survive until week 7 and somehow make it past that week, I think I've got a shot.

Bri

QB - Shaun Hill, QB26, SF(6)

QB Matt Stafford rook (?)

Discussed Hill's numbers in an earlier thread. He was whom I targetted and I got him. To reiterate but one part, I'm confident(as long as he's starting) he'll go up the QB rankings by the time the season starts. I was purposely looking for a later QB. Everytime I wanted another QB I was figuring it would be hard to find a better than 90 QB rating QB so why bother? Injury, someone else starting...sure there's lots of reasons I just think Hill is going to be the guy. Singletary alluded to it a month or so ago and while he's entitled to change his mind I think this is going to work surprisingly well.

Stafford, bye week fill-in and let's see what the rook can do the rest of the time.

RB -Marion Barber, RB12, Dal (6)

RB Kevin Smith, RB18, Det (7)

RB - Brandon Jacobs, RB13, NYG (10)

RB Derrick Ward, RB32, TB (8)

RB Antonio Pittman RB STL (9)

I like my RBs and wanted to make sure I got enough decent ones to endure. The QB position really gave me a chance to play here and being confident in the later WRs did too. I've got 3 FF starters IMO and it's very possible Ward and Pittman could get some starts and/or starter like numbers for a week here N there. Smith had a good rookie year and should get some more love around here IMO. I thought Pittman was a bit of a steal. At about the same time though, some in the Pool were talking about the Rams drafting a RB. Yeah that would sure change his value.

I rrrrrreally like Ward and have seen him play alot. For whatever reason, most people don't realize he's a big back. Many know he can catch well and run fairly well. I just figure you get a back that big outside against small DBs and good things are going to happen. With Tampa's stable, I would figure at bare minimum he's their receiving back. Add to that, that I do think he can be their starter by week 1 and I just had to go with a 4th RB somewhat early. WRs were going but not "my guys" so I was hoping this would work itself out and it did.

WR Torry Holt, WR31 (?)

I'm planning/hoping he's a Titan. At around the time of this pick he had had a very good visit. The "he's old, he won't be as good etc" talk is fine by me. Years ago no one would have said Derrick Mason is as good as Torry Holt. Mason had some nice stats and there's no reason Torry can't emulate Mason's now at his older age. (Sorry but, not much good WR history in TEN to compare to)

WR Chris Chambers, WR42, SD (5)

I don't care about drops or whatever the reason is that he falls every year so I thought he was a good value

WR Chris Henry, WR41 (8)

I think Chambers should be ranked higher for now. I left Chambers because I thought some homerism issues would force BSS to leave him for me. Not sure if he didn't want "too many chargers" but, it worked and he came back to me. Nonetheless I think Henry is starting and/or getting starter WR numbers this year. It's been a while since he's been in a jail cell and they let Housh leave. Coles will be a prob some but Henry is far bigger and a different type player IMO. Coles could destroy teams if he can get in the slot(he's so quick to a spot) and I think Henry's been outta place there. I'm figuring Cincy flip flops these two all game. In addition, there's Ocho Cinco trade rumors. If Chad Johnson is traded, Henry is just going to explode IMO. This is the best non starting WR in the NFL IMO. He should be.

WR Matt Jones, WR65 (?)

Posted a few times in the pool about him. I don't get why people are so down on him.(Addiction wise sure, I mean NFL player) He needed a few years to develop, he got that and finally produced last year.....isn't this the spot people wanted to be in 4-5 years ago when he was drafted? Be able to get him once he's learned to produce in the NFL? IF people are expecting a lengthy suspension, sure that pretty much squashes any hope.

WR Laurent Robinson STL (9)

Starter late? OK I'll take him. I like his "tools" and all but in all honesty this was a "what starters are left?" type pick. He really is pretty talented if he can get it to translate onto the field this could be a phenomenal pick.

WR Adrian Arrington, NOS (5)

LLLove this guy's potential. I'm sorta obsessed with it and I'm pretty sure I have him in every dynasty league. He's not Colston. He is, however, another good WR the Saints somehow grabbed in the 7th round of the draft. Aside from Moore and Colston there is no reliable production from their WRs. Every player does well here N there. I think Arrington has a good chance to sneak up the depth chart quick. If not for the reason above, Payton and Brees said some nice things about Arrington last summer. I was pretty annoyed he got injured then. If this doesn't pan out....meh he's a late WR anyway

TE - Kellen Winslow III, TE6, TB (8)

TE Bo Scaife, TE19, Ten (7)

TE Martin Rucker, TE, CLE (9)

I think I have the best TEs. I see a few teams that I think could certainly say similarly. Do I? who knows I just wanted to enter a 2-point PPR for TE draft getting the best tight ends and since I feel like I did, I'm quite OK here.

Heiden has been intriguing for a long time. I think Rucker will clearly beat him out soon enough and that he was drafted with Winslow leaving in mind.

PK Stephen Gostkowski, NEP

PK Garrett Hartley, NOS

Top PK last year, PK from a top offense

DEF New England Patriots, DST5 (8)

DEF Denver Broncos, DST32? (7)

didn't care about Broncos until I saw I had to take the Broncos. I wanted a late D but geesh not the worst D. I misjudged that. I think the Pats D is going to be pretty special. The Broncos do have some talent to improve rather quickly but still I didn't want them.
Hindsight analysis(I tried to stick with what I was thinking at the time above)I got lucky bye wise. Despite my ambitions to get Hill and see how the draft panned out with that and 4 RBs early, QB could sink this team where nothing else really matters. I don't like to be safe in drafts

Too much risk but individually I don't feel like many of them are too risky.

Love the RBs, K's, TEs, and NEP-D and think I'll do quite well from those.

QB1-Carson Palmer 4.16-Week 8QB2-Matt Hasselbeck 7.01-Week 7Love Palmer and Hass and no bye week conflict, so all I have to worry about is injury. As long as both stay healthy, since neither really has a running game, they should both put up some nice #'s.RB1-Maurice Jones-Drew 1.01-Week 7RB2-Ronnie Brown 3.01-Week 6RB3-Willis McGahee 6.16-Week 7RB4-Maurice Morris 13.01-Week 7RB5-Lamont Jordan 18.16-Week 7RB6-Kolby Smith 20.16-Week 8MJD, Brown, and Willis should go a long way in getting me through week 6. However I'll have to count on Ronnie Brown and Kolby Smith to get me past week 7. :moneybag: Miami has the Saints in week 7, so as long as Smith gets a little PT that week, maybe I can hold on.WR1-Marques Colston 2.16-Week 5WR2-Hines Ward 5.01-Week 8*****************************************************************WR3-Domenik Hixon 9.01-Week 10WR4-Sidney Rice 11.01-Week 9WR5-Percy Harvin 14.16-WR6-Brian Robiskie 15.01-I've got 2 real good WR's and 2 who will be hot and cold and 2 rooks who I don't even know where they are headed. But at least I don't have any bye week conflicts at this position. I think Robiskie in the 15th was great value because I believe he is the most NFL ready WR in this draft. He will play right away. And whoever drafts Harvin will do all they can to get him 10-15 touches per game. He is a game breaker.TE1-Vernon Davis 8.16-Week 6TE2-Todd Heap 10.16-Week 7Not real crazy about my TE's but they do have the talent to do well. Davis just needs to keep his head on straight and Heap needs to stay healthy.PK1-Phil Dawson 16.16-Week 9PK2-Joe Nedney 19.01-Week 6What can I say? they are kickers with no bye week conflict.D/ST-Tampa Bay 12.16-Week 8D/ST2-Atlanta Falcons 17.01-Week 4Took a chance by taking 2 division D/ST's and it worked out. Now I just need them to score some points. Week 7 will be a killer for me. If I can survive until week 7 and somehow make it past that week, I think I've got a shot.
See asterisks above?Funny I actually like your team alot from above the asterisks. Beneath them, I felt like you were just trying to be average or even below average. I'm very curious about MJD now that Freddie is gone. Hines is always a great pick. Colston's injury last year probably let him slide a bit too far. Love Carson being the forgotten stud QB boy do I hope it's that way this summer. Ronnie Brown is arguably the best back when he's healthy. He's been a pleasant surprise. Can he stay in "tip top shape" for more than a few games? He's nowhere near as effective if he's not in "tip top shape". Still I like him for 09

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread