What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1, BK's Boys (1 Viewer)

FUBAR said:
I understand the concerns about him now, but he still shouldn't fall to TE20

10.05 Tony Scheffler, TE20, DEN (until traded)
how many games did he miss and/or barely play/be productive in?

FUBAR said:

Looks to me like he missed 5 games and was still the #12 TE in this scoring system...

FUBAR said:

Looks to me like he missed 5 games and was still the #12 TE in this scoring system...
I had to look I knew there was something that bugged me about him. In 3 years, he's started 5, 7 and 7 games. It's not "the broncos started daniel graham for blocking" he really just has the bulk of his stats in those 7 or so games a year. Nice pick for survivor. Troublesome for redraft if you figure that continues. It could be he's about to breakout and be more consistent which would be fantastic but....well, I knew there was something just had to clear that up. Thanks for looking too reaper

Reaper said:
renesauz said:
Reaper said:
renesauz said:
Brandon Jackson
:thumbup:
Surely you didn't think he was going to make it al the way back to you? Or did you forget him when you went with the over-rated rookie? ;)
Well, you drafted him at 12.14 in WSL so....... :bag:Besides, Rudy got the over-rated rookie. ;)
I took him as RB56 in WSl. Here, I took him as RB55.Why are you looking at round instead of position #????? ;)

Gotta go with another guy who I'm hoping rebounds a bit this year

10.16 Todd Heap, TE, Baltimore

and now that he's got a QB---

11.01 Sidney Rice, WR, Minnesota

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaper said:
renesauz said:
Reaper said:
renesauz said:
Brandon Jackson
:thumbup:
Surely you didn't think he was going to make it al the way back to you? Or did you forget him when you went with the over-rated rookie? ;)
Well, you drafted him at 12.14 in WSL so....... :shrug:Besides, Rudy got the over-rated rookie. ;)
I took him as RB56 in WSl. Here, I took him as RB55.Why are you looking at round instead of position #????? ;)
Good point - Then again, he went RB 64, 64 and 59 in the other WSL's....So maybe it's only you I need to watch out for ;)For real do, you see good things??? I wasn't a fan, I was just looking to see where I could cuff Grant.** Hey Rene, also while I'm looking at this - You have Two RB48's..I think that's what really thru me off here. ;)

Mike Walker, Jacksonville WR

Not that high on him, but he's currently #1 on their depth chart.....so in the 11th???? Seems a fair gamble :lmao:

Good point - Then again, he went RB 64, 64 and 59 in the other WSL's....So maybe it's only you I need to watch out for :unsure:For real do, you see good things??? I wasn't a fan, I was just looking to see where I could cuff Grant.** Hey Rene, also while I'm looking at this - You have Two RB48's..I think that's what really thru me off here. :)
I see moderately good things. He was drafted as the back of the future, but labeled as rough. He was supposed to need a year or two to develope. People remember him struggling as the feature back in the first few games of 07, and he's been under-rated ever since. While I don't expect him to displace Grant, he looked pretty good last year as a COP/3rd down back, and actually has better hands then Grant. If Grant stays healthy, Jackson may not get a ton of opportunities, making this pick a slight stretch. BUT....if Grant were to lose any significant time, Jackson could easily climb into the top 30, or even higher. I think he has the skillset to be a feature back.Because he sees at least a little time when healthy (mostly on 3rd downs)...he's a safe pick here with a TON of upside. IN non-ppr, I might wait a bit longer.

** Hey Rene, also while I'm looking at this - You have Two RB48's..I think that's what really thru me off here. :excited:
Actually, upon looking closer I skipped 7 RB's much earlier! :thumbup: I had doubled up one of the WR's as well.That's unusual though...usually someone catches those sorts of mistakes quickly and tells me.

FUBAR said:

I had to look I knew there was something that bugged me about him. In 3 years, he's started 5, 7 and 7 games. It's not "the broncos started daniel graham for blocking" he really just has the bulk of his stats in those 7 or so games a year. Nice pick for survivor. Troublesome for redraft if you figure that continues. It could be he's about to breakout and be more consistent which would be fantastic but....well, I knew there was something just had to clear that up. Thanks for looking too reaper
This is best ball, so he's a fantastic part of TEBC. It's likely the OD/TS combo outscores any other here.

FUBAR said:

This is best ball, so he's a fantastic part of TEBC. It's likely the OD/TS combo outscores any other here.
I'm almost certain one of the first 5 TE's taken by themselves will outscore this combo. Same with almost every year in this format. The problem is when the high score weeks overlap and you barely get any value out of 'has 5-6 great games a year' guy. For example, last year that combo had a exceptionally great schedule with matches and they ended up covering better than most combos do on off-weeks. Ultimately the combined TE score would've landed around 300 give or take a few points. Tony G destroyed that by 50+ and it beat other top TE's by 20-40 respectively. Gates was the one high end one that your combo would've completely blown out. Thing is TS only contributed like 55ish points to what Owen Daniels by himself did and that was way nicer when OD was like a 6th round pick. :lmao:

Anyway, not necessarily disagreeing that TEBC is a good strat. Just saying that the 'stud TE' usually work out better than the combos do in this format.

I'm almost certain one of the first 5 TE's taken by themselves will outscore this combo. Same with almost every year in this format. The problem is when the high score weeks overlap and you barely get any value out of 'has 5-6 great games a year' guy. For example, last year that combo had a exceptionally great schedule with matches and they ended up covering better than most combos do on off-weeks. Ultimately the combined TE score would've landed around 300 give or take a few points. Tony G destroyed that by 50+ and it beat other top TE's by 20-40 respectively. Gates was the one high end one that your combo would've completely blown out. Thing is TS only contributed like 55ish points to what Owen Daniels by himself did and that was way nicer when OD was like a 6th round pick. :goodposting:Anyway, not necessarily disagreeing that TEBC is a good strat. Just saying that the 'stud TE' usually work out better than the combos do in this format.
Tony had an unusually good year, relative to the others, last year. Just looking at one of my leagues with similar scoring, the OD/TS duo would outscore everyone but him last year, and I think they'll both improve from last year.

sorry guys--didn't mean to be a buzz kill...late dinner

11.10...Kellen Clemens,QB--NYJ

:no:

PM'd DB and 'Sniffer

:D I really don't like this pick, but things could fall right...

11.12 Mark Bradley WR KCC

need some time, totally unprepared as I've been an early morning drafter thus far. Gotta get things settled at home, look over the last so many picks. Sorry but give me a little while please

Hells Yeah! 4 picks in one day I love it.

The Turn:

Bryant Johnson - WR - Det

Baltimore Ravens - Def

Considering that Bryant Johnson is the only other WR on the team with any experience gotta grab him.

Watch them take crabtree 1st LOL

Excellent work today boys

Bri said:
need some time, totally unprepared as I've been an early morning drafter thus far. Gotta get things settled at home, look over the last so many picks. Sorry but give me a little while please
I think CM is an early drafter and may be gone.. I'm crashing soon.You can draft in the AM and we'll get back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread