What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL #2: Rosters Complete (1 Viewer)

(10) 5.12 Schaub, Matt QB-HOU

(7) 7.12 Garrard, David QB-JAC

(10) 20.05 Orlovsky, Dan QB-HOU

Happy with the QBs. Wanted to get Orlovsky just because of Schaub's injury history. Schaub and Garrard are QBs I like this year.

(8) 1.12 Portis, Clinton RB-WAS

(6) 6.05 Jones, Felix RB-DAL

(8) 10.05 Graham, Ernest RB-TBB

(7) 14.05 Arrington, J.J. RB-DEN

(8) 17.12 Betts, Ladell RB-WAS

Portis was not who I was targetting, but I like these RBs. I see Felix, Graham and Arrington all as injury risks but each will have good games.

(5) 2.05 Jennings, Greg WR-GBP

(7) 3.12 Royal, Eddie WR-DEN

(10) 8.05 Hixon, Domique WR-NYG

(4) 9.12 Jenkins, Michael WR-ATL

(70 11.12 Northcutt, Dennis WR-JAC

(8) 15.12 Sweed, Limas WR-PIT

The WRs will either make this team a good one or I will be out early.

(10) 5.12 Daniels, Owen TE-HOU

(6) 19.12 Bennett, Martellus TE-DAL

I love Daniels this year while Bennett could get some red zone chances.

(8) 12.12 Goskowski, Stephen PK-NEP

(9) 18.12 Brown, Josh PK - StL

(5) 12.05 SDC-DEF/ST

(7) 16.05 SEA-DEF/ST

Two defenses and two kickers.

Overall, I think much will rest on how the WRs do, especially Royal and Hixon. A lot of upside, but could also be the reason I get bounced early.

(5) 12.05 SDC-DEF/ST

(7) 16.05 SEA-DEF/ST
Decent QBs, Solid RBs, Below Average punch at WR and TE, solid at K/D. Overall I can't see this team winning with its lack of scoring punch at pretty much every position. On the other hand, the roster has enough depth to hang around.YOUR GRADE: B

4) Toads

(5) 3.04 Rodgers, Aaron QB-GBP

(9) 9.04 Russell, JaMarcus QB-OAK

(4) 4.13 Stewart, Jonathan RB-CAR

(4) 7.04 Hightower, Tim RB-ARI

(6) 10.13 Choice, Tashard RB-DAL

(10) 14.13 Ware, Danny RB-NYG

(7) 18.13 Jones, Greg RB-JAC

(4) 1.04 Fitzgerald, Larry WR-ARI

(6) 5.14 Gonzales, Anthony WR-IND

(?) 6.13 Crabtree, Michael ® WR-FA

(6) 8.13 Austin, Miles WR-DAL

(5) 12.13 Bennett, Earl WR-CHI

(9) 17.04 Johnson, Steve WR-BUF

(5) 2.13 Gates, Antonio TE-SDC

(?) 15.04 Casey, James ® FA-TE

(?) 20.13 Cook, Jared ® FA-TE

(8) 16.13 Bryant, Matt PK-TBB

(7) 19.04 Mare, Olindo PK-SEA

(7) 11.04 BAL-DEF/ST

(6) 13.04 IND-DEF/ST
Solid QBs, Interesting/Risky RBs, Above Average WRs although a bit shallow for my taste, Nice TE upside, Kickers are shaky but D is above average. Overall I think this squad could have some legs if Russel and some of your RB depth realize their potential. YOUR GRADE: B+

Last edited by a moderator:
5) Team Legacy

(8) 4.12 Palmer, Carson QB-CIN

(9) 9.05 Quinn, Brady QB-CLE

I'm a believer in Palmer, sue me. I also think Quinn is the CLEAR choice in Cleveland and if by some chance he's dealt, it will likely be to a better situation. I see a healthy return to Palmer and that means Top 5 status. Grade - B+

(4) 1.05 Turner, Michael RB-ATL

(7) 8.12 McGahee, Willis RB-BAL

(8) 10.12 Mendenhall, Rashard RB-PIT

(?) 12.12 Greene, Shonne ® RB-FA

Turner "feels" like the safest RB on the board due to the carries and goal-line performance he had last year. I've had some success waiting on the RBs in this format, so I continued it here, although grabbing McGahee in his last year in Baltimore in the 8th round surprised me to say the least. Mendenhall is this year's DWill for me. I really like what this kid is capable of and I think by the time this group thins out, he'll be rounding into form as a SOLID RB3, with RB1 upside. Greene is that rookie RB flier that can make an impact in the right situation. Looking at this group as a whole, in retrospect, I should have passed on Ginn and taken LEON in the 7th. I had no idea the wide receivers were this deep this year. Great learning lesson. Grade - C+

(5) 2.12 Colston, Marques WR-NOS

(8) 3.05 Welker, Wes WR-NEP

(8) 5.05 Moss, Santana WR-WAS

(6) 7.05 Ginn, Ted WR-MIA

(5) 13.05 Nelson, Jordy WR-GBP

(10) 16.12 Manningham, Mario WR-NYG

(6) 18.12 Smith, Jason WR-SFO

Love Colston, always have. IMO, he's in the same tier as SS, Marhsall, Jennings etc, durability is the only question but I feel fortunate he fell. Had a goal of snagging Moore, but he went before my 6th. With Brady back, Welker's (WR14) an elite WR in ppr finishing in top 10 last 2 years. Heck with Brady out, he was gold. Could have had Bowe, but I feel safer with steady production from Welker. SMoss (WR26) is EXCELLENT in best ball formats and performed as WR18 last year. You never know when his big weeks are coming so he becomes a hit-miss guy in regular leagues, but in this league, he'll save me on more than a couple occasions. Ginn is a guy that falls into the SMoss category. He was WR33 last year and I snagged him as WR40. He's definitely trending UP wouldn't you say? WR40 is a bargain. The next 3 ALL have starting upside. Grade - A

(9) 6.12 Miller, Zach TE-OAK

(7) 11.05 Scaife, Bo TE-TEN

(7) 20.05 Royal, Robert FA-TE

Well, Zach was the top target for Russell but who knows what Garcia brings to the table. Maybe less maybe more. I wanted Keller, but in hindsight, I think Zach is the MUCH safer option. Scaife was one of Collins top targets. Why does he get NO LOVE? TE21 for a TE11 with no REAL threat for catches? Added Royal as a 3rd TE, to up my grade.Grade - B+

(5) 17.05 Gould, Robbie PK-CHI

Another strategy that I use frequently. If I acquire a top kicker, I'm not wasting a pick on another one to buy me 3-4 more points every other week. I'd rather have the potential for a guy to pop me 20 when I need it. Robbie's bye was early enough that the bye shouldn't be an issue. Grade - D

(5) 14.12 NOS-DEF/ST

(9) 15.05 CLE-DEF/ST

(7) 19.05 DET-DEF/ST

Multiple Defenses are gold here. They can really add the points with this scoring system so if you wait on your Defenses, you can immediately compete again by adding a third. Defenses are so up and down any 3 will really do. Grade - B-

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic about this team. It hinges on my belief in Palmer. I don't see any position other than kicker perceived to be hurting, although as I said earlier, I don't think it impacts my team that much. Overall Grade - B

QB: Chad Pennington (6), Kyle Orton (7), Byron Leftwich (8)

decent middle of the road production at one of the least important positions. Penny was solid last year with 3600 yards and 19 tds. I think Orton will do better in Denver than most people expect. He was pretty solid for a good part of the season last year and this year has much better weapons in Marshall and Royal. One of the few things that I agree with LHUCKS on is that Leftwich is a lot better than most people realize. He got a raw deal in Jacksonville where he never had any real weapons to throw to. In TB he has Winslow and Bryant, as well as a couple of good pass catching running backs helping him out.

RB Adrian Peterson (9), Reggie Bush (5), Marshawn Lynch (9) Cadillac Williams (8)

Obviously the strength of my team. I will be at the tops of RB scoring every week except week 9 which could be tough, but looking at Old Milwaukee's week 9 I am not too worried. bush and caddy should be sufficient to cover Marshawn's suspension. I do think he will appeal and it will be reduced to only 2 games or possibly even 1 game.

WR: Vincent Jackson (4), Steve Breaston (5), Chris Henry (8), Nate Washington (7), Mike Walker (7), James Jones (5), Percy Harvin (?)

Two good ones and a bunch of question marks with upside. I think VJax becomes a top 10 WR this year and I feel fortunate to get him as the 23rd off the board. Breaston should be solid again even if Anquan doesn't go somewhere else. Chris Henry has showed flashes in the past between suspensions. I think he will surprise if he can stay out of trouble and Palmer is healthy. Nate Washington has always been one of those boom or bust guys in Pittsburgh. In Tennessee I think he gets the opportunity to start. The Mike Walker pick is looking worse with the signing of Torry Holt. I expect Jacksonville to take either Crabtree or Maclin, which likely pushes Walker back to his WR3 role. James Jones is a great playmaker when healthy. I like him better than Jordy Nelson because of his big play potential. Percy Harvin's stock has fallen quite a bit with his recent Marijuana charges, but I think whoever drafts him is going to get something special. I jus hope it isn't a team with a week 5 or 7 bye :hophead:

TE: Kellen Winslow Jr (8) Dante Rosario (4)

Winslow is one of the best when healthy. I think he puts together a very nice season as the #1 option in Tampa. Rosario is strictly an upside pick that I'm hoping can fill in week 8. Obciously I'm counting on a healthy KW to anchor this group

K: Jason Elam (4), Jason Hanson (7)

2 starters that both play in domes

D: Buffalo (9) Denver (7)

got two. Buffalo could be nice on special teams.

Summary: I know RB\RB isn't popular, let alone RB\RB\RB, but I wanted to try something different and see what I could come up with at the other spots. imo that's what the wsl's and pdsl's are for. I see a pretty huge dropoff at WR after TO @ WR12 who was taken just before me. Ideally I would have started with something like ADP\Gates\Brady. I couldn't see letting someone get Lynch or Bush in the 3rd round. I think both were pretty big steals anywhere around where I took them. I think the 3 RB + Winslow will keep me in the game for awhile

10) Domination

(7) 6.07 Hasselbeck, Matt QB-SEA

(?) 11.10 Stafford, Matthew ® QB-FA

(9) 6.07 Clemens, Kellen QB-NYJ

QB- Obviously not the strongest group, but I decided that I was going to wait on QB. I think that Hass will have a bounce back year, and Clemens should win the job in NY. I will not be surprised if Stafford is not the starter at the beginning of the year, but bye weeks didn't allow for me to select Culpepper also.

(4) 1.10 Westbrook, Brian RB-PHI

(9) 4.07 Jones, Thomas RB-NYJ

(10) 9.10 Bradshaw, Ahmad RB-NYG

(6) 12.07 Williams, Ricky RB-MIA

RB- I am very happy with this group, as I expect solid production out of Westy and TJ every week, and Bradshaw and Toker should be able to ensure consistency within the group.

(7) 2.07 Marshall, Brandon WR-DEN

(7) 3.10 Houshmanzedeh, T.J. WR-SEA

(8) 5.10 Ward, Hines WR-PIT

(4) 7.10 Curtis, Kevin WR-PHI

(?) 17.10 Britt, Kenny ® FA-WR

(4) 19.10 Douglas, Harry WR-ATL

(?) 20.07 Nicks, Hakeem ® FA-WR

WR- I really like this group. I think that with Lynch only getting 3 games, I shouldn't have much to worry about with Marshall. Losing Marshall and Housh in week 7 hurts, but I really like the depth and upside of this group.

(10) 8.07 Boss, Kevin TE-NYG

(6) 10.07 Davis, Vernon TE-SFO

TE- The two TEs represent teams with limited receiving options. I think both showed improvement as the year progressed last year, and will continue this year.

(6) 15.10 Vinatieri, Adam PK-IND

(10) 18.07 Tynes, Lawrence, PK-NYG

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST

K/D- 2 of each, with different bye weeks. Both should give me consistent weekly production.

Overall- I think that this is a very interesting group. Alot will depend on how certain guys progress, in the TE and QB positions. I think that WR and RB production should be consistent enough to help overcome some of the possible shortcomings of this team.

LHUCKS said:
Solid QBs, Interesting/Risky RBs, Above Average WRs although a bit shallow for my taste, Nice TE upside, Kickers are shaky but D is above average. Overall I think this squad could have some legs if Russel and some of your RB depth realize their potential. YOUR GRADE: B+
Thanks for spending time critiquing that mess.Pretty much my same accessment......better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Russell is not going to be in play very many weeks. I had Romo and Rodgers in an '08 League and Romo couldn't beat out Rodgers ....as in every week it seemed. I doubt if Russell will do much better. If he's an inury replacment, that means trouble. :lmao:

Happy with the QBs. Wanted to get Orlovsky just because of Schaub's injury history. Schaub and Garrard are QBs I like this year.

Portis was not who I was targetting, but I like these RBs. I see Felix, Graham and Arrington all as injury risks but each will have good games.

The WRs will either make this team a good one or I will be out early.

I love Daniels this year while Bennett could get some red zone chances.

(5) 12.05 SDC-DEF/ST

(7) 16.05 SEA-DEF/ST

Two defenses and two kickers.

Overall, I think much will rest on how the WRs do, especially Royal and Hixon. A lot of upside, but could also be the reason I get bounced early.
Obviously you can't be strong everywhere, but here's how I rate each group- QBs - A- Schaub is elite when healthy and you paid the price for a quality #2 in Garrard. Good price you paid on Schaub.

RBs - C - RB2 is the question mark here, similar to my team.

WRs - C - Here's what I don't get. If you're weak at RB, and not particularly strong at QB or TE, why aren't the WRs more loaded? Jennings is the only #1 on your squad. After Royal, it's ugly...I personally wouldn't have taken Felix, and went Avery/Leon instead of Felix/Garard, but you obviously are banking on Felix stud status.

TE - B Daniels is a stud, but tying up your QB1 and your TE1 is a bit risky in this format. I like Bennett as a red zone target, but not sure about # of catches.

Overall - C effort for my boy and good buddy Jeff. I'm not sure what happened here.

I expected to see a position wow me with those RBs and that's leading me to the lower grade here. 2 5th rounders? I think Daniels was your #4. I have no problem taking Schaub as your #5, but then you must REALLY believe in a premium effort from Jones in year two here behind MB3, but that's a risk, and to not grab a quality starter at RB or WR with the next pick and instead took Garard didn't jive with me. Then Hixon in the 8th totally boggled me.

Frank Black from the 11 spot:

(6) 2.06 Manning, Peyton QB-IND

(9) 9.11 Bulger, Marc QB-STL

(6) 1.11 Gore, Frank RB-SFO

(6) 3.11 Addai, Joseph RB-IND

(8) 8.06 Benson, Cedric RB-CIN

(9) 14.06 Rhodes, Dominic RB-BUF

(6) 19.11 Hart, Mike RB-IND

(9) 4.06 Cotchery, Jerricho WR-NYJ

(4) 5.11 Jackson, DeSean WR-PHI

(9) 6.06 Avery, Donnie WR-STL

(6) 10.06 Crayton, Patrick WR-DAL

(8) 12.06 Randel El, Antwaan WR-WAS

(9) 17.11 Wade, Bobby WR-MIN

(7) 18.06 Curry, Ronald WR-DET

(5) 20.06 Davis, Rashied WR-CHI

(8) 7.11 Miller, Heath TE-PIT

(7) 11.11 Lewis, MarcedesTE-JAC

(9) 15.11 Longwell, Ryan PK-MIN

(5) 16.06 Hartley, Garrett PK-NOS

(4) 13.11 CAR-DEF/ST
OK Millenium presents... here we go...QB - A - You grab Peyton, you get an A, but this makes it TERRIBLY difficult to secure a solid WR corps when you take your QB in the 2nd.

RB - B - Gore / Addai combo. Nice. Benson has upside, we'll see if the Bengals address RB in the draft.

WR - C- Your #1 is Cotchery with Clemens at the helm. Over Holmes with Roth??? This could be an ugly year for my JETS. For your #2, you REALLY got caught behind the WR run in the 5th. This is why it's HARD to wait on WRs. Early on, I think the combo firepower of Peyton/Gore/Addai should serve you well, but Cotch, DJack and Avery look like a Dynasty squad, more than a starting 3. If Philly signs a WR, doesn't DJack get relegated to slot?

TE - D - Should try for more punch here at TE especially with 2ppr.

When I look at this squad, it's a train wreck, and its all because of the Manning pick in the 2nd. You missed the WR run in the 3rd and went RB2, another colt. OUCH! BIG NO NO, in these. There's no good answer here to secure your WR1 at this point, maybe Roy in Dallas, but it's the Peyton pick that caused this scrambling at WR. Granted, you came out with quality guys, but it's lacking the PUNCH I like to count on. When Manning, Gore and Addai are all on a bye in week 6, if you're still alive, this team is hurtin for certain. The bottom line is RARELY take players from the same team in the PDSL, because the bye week can DOOM you. It's just too risky.

Overall - C . My boy Frank worked his tail off to put together a WR crew and maybe he did it, but it's not for me. Lack of consistency at TE and WR positions will bounce this team and it's all due to one pick (Manning in the 2nd) because I don't fault the picks you made after, it just puts you in a terribly difficult spot. Next time RESIST!

(like I know what I'm talking about...lol...)

Ghost of Bill Walsh

QB's-

(8) 3.03- Tom Brady(NE)

(8) 8.14- Jason Campbell(Wash)

(7) 16.14- Duante Culpepper(Det)

Brady should bounce back to be a top 5. Campbell and C-Pep should both start this year even if their teams go after a rookie QB. Had to take C-Pep because the other 2 QB's had the same bye week. May end up helping me though getting C-Pep in the 16th.

RB's-

(7) 1.03- Maurice Jones-Drew(Jax)

(9) 4.14- Darren McFadden(Oak)

(7) 6.14- LenDale White(Tenn)

(4) 10.14- LeSean McCoy(Phi)

(7) 14.14- TJ Duckett(Sea)

(8) 17.03- Kevin Faulk(NE)

Bye weeks hit me again with 3 having the same bye week leaving me to take Faulk. He's good value at 17.03. MJD will have to carry the rb's. McFadden should play better and White will still get td's with Chris Johnson getting a lot of work. Duckett is reportedly to get more work, there again, probably be td's and not a whole lot of yards. Have to wait and see on McCoy. Probably a 2nd rounder so he should get some carries wherever he ends up. Faulk should get decent numers in this format even with all the rb's in NE. Didn't want this many rb's as I would rather have had more wr's but bye weeks left me little choice.

WR's-

(4) 2.14- Anquan Boldin(Arz)

(8) 5.03- Antonio Bryant(TB)

(5) 7.03- Donald Driver(GB)

(6) 12.14- Brandon Jones(SF)

(9) 13.03- Keenan Burton(Rams)

Definitely a weak point of my team. Wanted more depth but bye weeks hit me hard at QB and RB. Boldin situation up in the air but he should produce wherever he plays. Hope for Bryant to build on last year but QB situatuion in Tampa is the key. Driver should be a decent #3. Jones got a nice contract so I think he'll be a starter but QB situation in SF shaky. Burton will have to work to be #2 since they brought Laurant Robinson in. WR production could be the cause for an early exit as I have no depth and will basically need to rely on Boldin, Bryant and Driver each week. Hoping for Jones and Burton to surprise a little bit. Don't like my WR's other than the top 3. Don't have any bye issues with this group so that will help some if Jones and Burton produce.

TE's-

(9) 9.03- Visanthe Shiancoe(Minn)

(7) 15.03- Brandon Pettigrew(Det)

Shiancoe had a good year in '08 with 42 rec/596 yds/7 td's.He basically ended up as a top 5 TE. Maybe he can repeat those numbers or better with better QB play in Minn. Rosenfels could help him. Pettigrew should play right away and will be a 1st round draft pick for some team.

PK's-

(9) 18.14- Phil Dawson(Clev)

(7) 20.14- Steven Hauschka(Balt)

Dawson had 30 FG's last year but pitiful XP's. Ravens let longtime kicker Stover go and kept Hauschka. He's young ,big and has a strong leg and should get plenty of opportunities for FG's. Coulda added WR depth with the last pick but what was available wouldn't get the possible points Hauschka could.

DEF-

(7) 11.03- Tennessee Titans

(8) 19.03- Cincinnati Bengals

Major mistake not paying attention to who was taken and later repicked in the round with the Titans. They lost Haynesworth so not sure how good they'll be this year. Hopefully a lot of turnovers. Bengals,ugh, nothing more than a bye week filler that'll keep me in the game.

OVERALL-

I think I did ok early on but not paying attention and bye weeks hitting me I had to go a different direction during the draft. Really wanted more depth at receiver position but took care of drafting players at QB and RB to offset the bye week disaster. I could hang around a little while with this team but will need a lot of luck to go past week 8. I had a few good picks and a couple of good value picks but as far as being around at the end I don't like my prospects much. I haven't had much experience drafting in 16 team leagues so I definitely gained good knowledge from the WSL and PDSL drafts. I think my drafting in these types of leagues will get better next year. I appreciate drafting with you guys and the knowledge I've gained from that, so watch out next year.

I still think my grade should be no less than a B-.

Ok with Pettigrew going to Detroit, he should play right away, but in fantasy terms I think he'll be average as a TE his first year.

Like McCoy going to Philly as he could be Westbrook part deux but his playing time might be limited this year until he learns the system. He'll a spot fill-in for Westy but his playing time increases if Westbrook gets hurt and misses time, which could be a possibility given his history.

6.03 Manning, Eli QB-NYG

10.03 Hill, Shaun QB-SF

18.03 Anderson, Derek QB-CLE

I'm fine with this group, will get consistent scoring, but lackluster...may lose a few points a week to the average here. QBs are overvalued by most IMHO, which is why I decided to go light here. Anderson is a better QB than Quinn IMHO, but that doesn't mean he'll win the job.

3.14 Smith, Kevin RB-DET

4.03 Grant, Ryan RB-GBP

5.14 Parker, Willie RB-PIT

9.14 Brown, Ronald RB-ROOK

20.03 Brown, Andre RB-ROOK

Very, very pleased with this group. I should see consistent high scoring here and can probably endure an injury or two and still be okay. Would have liked to have backed up Grant with Jackson and FWP with Mendenhall, but they both went too early for my taste.

1.14 Moss, Randy WR-NEP

7.14 Muhammed, Muhsin WR-CAR

8.03 Clayton, Mark WR- BAL

11.14 Rice, Sidney WR-MIN

12.03 Henderson, Devery - WR NO

15.14 Heyward-Bey, Darrius - WR ROOK

19.14 Obamanu, Ben - WR SEA

Again, very pleased with this group. I have Moss as the #1 WR this year, and expect an AVERAGE of 50 receptions each from my remaining six WRs barring injury of course. Was thrilled to get Obomanu and Heywared-Bey late. With Moss I feel like I have six other talented WRs trying to fill just two scoring slots.

2.03 Witten, Jason TE-DAL

I have Witten in his own tier this year so I'm obviously pleased to have him. Was targeting LJ Smith late since he was going undrafted in the other guppy drafts and decided against picking up a lackluster #2TE once he was gone, which I believe is the correct play in this format if you have an elite TE.

16.03 Folk, Nick K-DAL

17.14 Graham, Shane K-CIN

Two solid Kickers

13.14 - San Francisco Defense

14.03 - Oakland Defense

Lackluster Ds, but both with sleeper tags IMHO.

Overall I really like my squad and will be shocked if I don't make it until at least midseason. I think I have the best team.

YOUR GRADE: A

16) Jeff Pasquino

(6) 4.16 Romo, Tony QB-DAL

(8) 10.01 McCown, Luke QB-TBB

(10) 2.01 Jacobs, Brandon RB-NYG

(?) 5.16 Moreno, Knowshon ® RB-FA

(7) 9.16 Rice, Ray BAL-RB

(?) 5.16 Jennings, Rashad ® RB-FA

(4) 19.16 Weaver, Leonard, RB-PHI

(10) 1.16 Johnson, Andre WR-HOU

(6) 4.01 Williams, Roy WR-DAL

(10) 7.16 Smith, Steve WR-NYG

(6) 8.01 Camarillo, Greg WR-MIA

(5) 15.16 Floyd, Malcom WR-SDC

(9) 16.01 Patten, David WR-CLE

(7) 20.01 Gaffney, Jabar WR-DEN

(5) 6.01 Olsen, Greg TE-CHI

(9) 14.01 McMichael, Randy TE-STL

(4) 13.16 Akers, David PK-PHI

(9) 17.16 Feely, Jay PK-NYJ

(6) 11.16 DAL-DEF/ST

(9) 12.01 NYJ-DEF/ST
Done to here.
Alright Fly Igglz Fly... here we go..QB - A - I love Romo at 3.16. Perfect spot to nab him. While others (ehem) pay for Peyton, Brady etc spending a 2nd, you land your anchors to both rb and wr position and can now take your QB. I don't like the fact that you didn't buy a backup later after the Leftwich signing. Anybody just in case...I mean, what's more valuable, Gaffney or a backup

RB - C- Jacobs fine but he's a must cuff type guy. No Bradshaw? A 5th on Moreno? RISKY bro. I know you love Dynasty, but there's a good possibliity Moreno is no more than a cuff his rookie year. Where's your #2 week 1? Ray Rice? man... this is VERY thin, not the type of backups I'd like to see from a Jacobs who most predict will miss time. I will give you credit, the upside is there if Moreno lands in a favorable spot but you didn't get a break on the price you had to pay. WR - B- A great start with your top 2, (altho I don't like the pairing of Roy/Romo in this format, too dangerous without knowing other bye weeks, then none of the other guys really do anything for me. Patten was a nice hit late in the 16th. SS/Camarillo turn was the strangest thing I've ever seen. Why not Bruce / Clayton, Bradshaw or Sproles, anything that looks like they'd add more value. Maybe I just don't understand those guys yet. I can even buy Steve Smith as a #2, but I'm not sold on Camarillo being your #4.

TE - A- What a steal !~ A 6th round price for a tight end with Top 5 upside!

Better hope Romo/Roy goes off week 10, with your RB1/WR1 both on a bye, you might get burned here late in the contest. And what if Jacobs is out week 6? You'd be out your RB1, only QB really, and your WR2 and 4. It's too risky for my taste. Overall JP, I don't FAULT you for taking Roy as the best available WR on the board at the 4 spot, but it may have lent me to taking Rivers instead of Romo even tho he's higher on your board due to not knowing how bye weeks affect the team. I give you a solid B for your construction, and it's a team that can coast if Moreno lands a favorable spot.

6.03 Manning, Eli QB-NYG

10.03 Hill, Shaun QB-SF

18.03 Anderson, Derek QB-CLE

I'm fine with this group, will get consistent scoring, but lackluster...may lose a few points a week to the average here. QBs are overvalued by most IMHO, which is why I decided to go light here. Anderson is a better QB than Quinn IMHO, but that doesn't mean he'll win the job.

3.14 Smith, Kevin RB-DET

4.03 Grant, Ryan RB-GBP

5.14 Parker, Willie RB-PIT

9.14 Brown, Ronald RB-ROOK

20.03 Brown, Andre RB-ROOK

Very, very pleased with this group. I should see consistent high scoring here and can probably endure an injury or two and still be okay. Would have liked to have backed up Grant with Jackson and FWP with Mendenhall, but they both went too early for my taste.

1.14 Moss, Randy WR-NEP

7.14 Muhammed, Muhsin WR-CAR

8.03 Clayton, Mark WR- BAL

11.14 Rice, Sidney WR-MIN

12.03 Henderson, Devery - WR NO

15.14 Heyward-Bey, Darrius - WR ROOK

19.14 Obamanu, Ben - WR SEA

Again, very pleased with this group. I have Moss as the #1 WR this year, and expect an AVERAGE of 50 receptions each from my remaining six WRs barring injury of course. Was thrilled to get Obomanu and Heywared-Bey late. With Moss I feel like I have six other talented WRs trying to fill just two scoring slots.

2.03 Witten, Jason TE-DAL

I have Witten in his own tier this year so I'm obviously pleased to have him. Was targeting LJ Smith late since he was going undrafted in the other guppy drafts and decided against picking up a lackluster #2TE once he was gone, which I believe is the correct play in this format if you have an elite TE.

16.03 Folk, Nick K-DAL

17.14 Graham, Shane K-CIN

Two solid Kickers

13.14 - San Francisco Defense

14.03 - Oakland Defense

Lackluster Ds, but both with sleeper tags IMHO.

Overall I really like my squad and will be shocked if I don't make it until at least midseason. I think I have the best team.

YOUR GRADE: A
QB - Very risky. If you're correct on Anderson you'll be above average. If SF goes a different direct and Quinn starts you're giving up points to most every team each week.RB - Smith...not an exciting RB1, but hard for me to peg this year. I think Jackson is a better back than Grant, hopefully for your sake GB appreciates Grant's inferior performance. Parker was a steal that offsets the Grant pick and then some. Rookies...who knows, but your deep enough that it was a solid risk to take.

WR - Moss as the stud anchor and then a bunch of question marks. Muhammy is getting old. After that I see a bunch of 2008 underschievers and a rook. Definately stronger receiving squads in this league.

TE - Huge mistake in not getting Bennett, Miller, or possibly LJ. If Witten misses time or gets banged up, you're cooked.

K - Above average.

D - Below average.

Don't see this team as a contender to win as too many things have to fall into place. Moss would need to return close to 2007 form, a QB would need to step up, TE needs to stay healthy, and a few career underachievers would need to finally pull it together. That said there were a lot of good value picks so I wouldn't expect an early exit for this team either.

13) Boston Fred

(8) 5.13 Cassell, Matt QB-KCC

(9) 6.04 Edwards, Trent QB-BUF

(10) 2.04 Slaton, Steve RB-HOU

(8) 4.04 Johnson, Larry RB-KCC

(9) 8.04 Taylor, Chester RB-MIN

(8) 10.04 Charles, Jamaal RB-KCC

(6) 1.13 Wayne, Reggie WR-IND

(8) 3.13 Ocho Cinco, Chad WR-CIN

(7) 7.13 Branch, Deon WR-SEA

(8) 13.13 Clayton, Michael WR-TBB

(7) 14.04 Burleson, Nate WR-SEA

(9) 15.13 Clowney, David WR-NYJ

(9) 18.04 Stuckey, Chansi WR-NYJ

(6) 9.13 Fasano, Anthony TE-MIA

(8) 19.13 Watson, Ben TE-NEP

(8) 20.04 Baker, Chris TE-NEP

(7) 16.04 Scobee, Josh PK-JAC

(9) 17.13 Lindell, Rian PK-BUF

(8) 11.13 NEP-DEF/ST

(5) 12.04 CHI-DEF/ST
"Mr. TO" draft review - (all in fun)QB - A. While I took Palmer ahead of Cassell, he's the one that intrigued me. Great backup that will see his fair share of starts. What I don't get, and we'll see how it affects you, is why spend a 6th when you have a solid QB. There are plenty of backup QBs to grab later.RB - B Real high on Slaton ay? Okay, sure. Larry in the 4th, um, okay...the fact that you backed him up with Charles is a HUGE score. Chester will contribute.

WR - B- Strong with Wayne. Might have went Roy over Chad here, but no real complaint. Like the Branch pick as a #2, he should do well. Couple fliers at the Jets WR2 might be a good strategy for occasional WR3 play.

TE - C+ I'm actually going to UP this grade to a C+ from a D+ due to the combo pick at the Pats TE spot. I think this is a decent strategy for a Tom Brady weapon. Not sure you have anybody that exploits the 2ppr well, but I say good eye.

Overall, man... these combos are going to be real solid. This is a team that I could see doing very well and making a run deep into the contest. The real question mark is Week 8. Can you survive? B-

(4) 4.09 McNabb, Donovan QB-PHI

(7) 8.09 Flacco, Joe QB-BAL

(5) 1.08 Forte, Matt RB-CHI

(7) 6.09 McClain, LeRon RB-BAL

(7) 12.09 Buckhalter, Correll RB-DEN

(9) 14.09 Fargas, Justin RB-OAK

(7) 20.09 Jones, Kevin RB-CHI

(4) 2.09 White, Roddy WR-ATL

(8) 3.08 Bowe, Dwayne WR-KCC

(9) 5.08 Berrian, Bernard WR-MIN

(6) 9.08 Bruce, Issac WR-SFO

(9) 17.08 Schilens, Chaz WR-OAK

(?) 17.08 Burress, Plaxico FA-WR

(4) 19.08 Avant, Jason WR-PHI

(5) 7.08 Shockey, Jeremy TE-NOS

(4) 10.09 Celek, Brent TE-PHI

(5) 15.08 Crosby, Mason PK-GBP

(10) 16.09 Brown, Chris PK-HOU

(10) 11.08 NYG-DEF/ST

(4) 13.08 ATL-DEF/ST

Nothing spectacular. Just hope to beat one team a week.
I know I've been grading positions, but Jeff brought up a good point. What could have been done differently I think is the angle I'll go from here, if that's okay...Wow, as i look at this squad, this follows EXACTLY the type of strategy I can understand and get.

Secure a top RB and a top WR right off the bat. 3rd round, if an elite WR is there, grab him. 4th round can open up to the possibility of taking an elite QB. McNabb IMO is still in that tier, so no problem with that, in fact, no real reason at this point to take a WR3 in Best ball, and unless you're in love with Pierre Thomas, Stewy or McFadden (who all have time share issues), go with and secure your elite QB or elite TE. If Daniels would have been there, sure, but since its down to a questionable Winslow, good call on McNabb. Love what this draft is doing thru 4. Secure your WR3 in the 5th? You betcha. Berrian with a new QB should serve this role nicely. Bam, in the 6th, score a RB2 that scores TDs, I love it. Still land Shockey in the 7th as your TE in a pass happy offense, now I hope you have it in your plans to back him up since he's so questionable to even play at times the last few years... Flacco as your QB2 here when depth at RB or WR is usually the desirable play to get you thru the bye weeks... unless there's a guy you have to have. Flacco that guy? Not a big fan of the RB depth,

Great draft, might not agree on the guys you chose for backup RBs, but a very sound draft and a contender for sure! A- !!

2.11 Brees, Drew QB-NOS (5)

9.06 Rosenfels, Sage, QB-MIN (9)

1.06 Williams, DeAngelo RB-CAR (4)

4.11 Thomas, Pierre RB-NOS (5)

8.11 Wells, Chris "Beanie" - RB???

15.6 Moore, Mewelde, RB -PIT (8)

19.6 Morris, Sammy, RB -NEP (8)

5.06 Coles, Lavernaeus WR-CIN (8)

6.11 Mason, Derrick WR-BAL (7)

7.06 Holt, Torry WR- JAX (7)

11.6 Bess, Davone WR -MIA (6)

16.11 Robinson, Laurent WR -STL(9)

18.11 Urban, Jerheme WR -- ARI (4)

20.11 Arrington, Adrian WR - NOS (5)

3.06 Clark, Dallas TE-IND (6)

10.11 Scheffler, Tony TE-DEN(7)

14.11 Kaeding, Nate K - SD (5)

17.6 Reed, Jeff K - PIT (8)

12.11 Philly DT/ST (4)

13.6 Green Bay DT/ST (5)
All done.I like how things turned out. I have last year's #1 QB and #1RB, and while that's surely no guarantee of future success, I think Brees is a mortal lock for top 3 at his position, and look for Williams to finish as a top 7 back.

Of all my picks, I was happiest with Wells at 8.11, which I feel is outstanding value. The Thomas pick is probably the one I have the most qualms about; however, if PT loses his job, it would likely be to Wells, whom the Saints are rumored to be interested in.
qb - A - You pay a top price for a QB, you deserve your A. rb - C- Love DWill, but Pierre is not to be trusted. Nothing else really of substance but Morris might surprise and contribute. Nice snag late.

wr - C+ Coles, Mason, Holt - The all geriatric team. Well, you pulled it off. Waiting until the 5th it could have been alot worse!

te - A- Dallas is a stud, but you paid a 2nd and a 3rd for a top QB and TE. This lead to two C grades at RB and WR. You have to have 5 starters every week and when bye weeks hit, you're hurtin, especially week 7.

Okay, so DWILL and Brees, let's go.. I've said before its hard to repair after a 2nd on a QB. let's see if I'm right... Oh man... DALLAS in the 3rd... Now in the 4th, you take your RB2 Pierre, that has a guaranteed shared bye week with your QB1... bro... c'mon... Without knowin the bye situations, this is suicide! Personal preference aside, Stewy would get the nod here due to the Saints QB already on your roster.

Coles is a great rebound in the 5th, especially if he's able to fill that Housh role with CP. Mason as your 2.. dude is 35 years old... what are you predicting? I mean, with Walter and Breaston there as well, both of whom finished right below Mason last year, it would seem they're on their way up and he's on his way down... Nice score with Holt, 3 wrs in a row... strategy isn't working out half bad! I'm impressed. Okay, from here you can do just about anything you want. Taking Wells is nice here because your team is secured. If he lands in a favorable spot, great call here.

I've NEVER seen a draft shape up after taking a QB and TE in rounds 2 and 3, but with a little luck you might just pull it off. Stewy and Walter would have made this team an A team for sure! Final grade - B. Good job.

4) Toads

(7) 11.04 BAL-DEF/ST

(6) 13.04 IND-DEF/ST
Okay.. something different,. WR out of the gate. Fitzy at 4! Yeah!! Feeling good already, but it's a LOOONG way back for your RB1... With 14 off the board, and Reggie Bush still here, I'm astonished you didn't take him. Gates. Wow.. Are injuries slowin him down? I think so... unless you're really thinking he bounces back and dominates, this pick should be someone else, because you can get the same Gates from last year later. Rodgers at 3... Wow. You are ballsy my friend... Seriously.. Addai and Kevin Smith still on the board, no RB1 yet.. Okay, finally here we go.. Stewy... in a time share situation with DWill... up and down, hope you get some depth because I have a feeling he will be all over the map this year game to game. Some big games and some where DWill runs the show... Okay, I like Gonzo in the 5th as your WR2 behind Fitz. This position is looking great! Wow, now this next pick I just don't get. Crabtree as your WR3... You were ALREADY ahead of the game with Fitz and Gonzo, why risk it? Take Walter or Breaston as your 3 and keep the guaranteed edge. Besides, statistically, rookie WRs rarely smash out. Okay... so Hightower, you're a believer in ay? Really? Man, I'm not, they had a potent passing offense, and he manages less than 2.8 ypc.. Granted, I think he's a Top 32 RB, so as your RB2 I get it, but I just like Leon in PPR I guess. Not to mention.. again, you took Fitz early and you don't know the bye weeks. Guys, you HAVE TO STOP THIS. This is a death sentence in the PDSL. Sure enough, Stewy off week 4, so you lose both RBs and your WR1 Fitz, in the same week. Chance are, you're done, you can't risk taking important positions on the same team. Miles in the 8th.. Okay, I've seen enough to understand you are a BIG TIME risk taker, swinging for the fences. I've rarely seen this strategy pay off. I like Earl Bennett late, but let's see if CHI addresses WR in the draft, I bet they do. QB - B+ No real backup IMO

RB - F Good lord man..

WR - B- We have to start 3, and that 3 is hurting out of the gate, not to mention bye week or injuries.

TE - A- You paid a second for Gates, I'll give it to ya.

Overall - While the team before you pulled it off, you took too many risks for my blood and the bye in week 4, most teams will count on coasting thanks to you. C "+" for the "almost pulled it off" strategy.

2) OldMilwaukee

(5) 4.15 Cutler, Jay QB-CHI

(9) 17.02 Jackson, Tavaris QB-MIN

(6) 20.15 Henne, Chad QB-MIA

(9) 1.02 Jackson, Steven RB-STL

(4) 8.15 Norwood, Jerious RB-ATL

(9) 9.02 Jackson, Fred RB-BUF

(9) 10.15 Bush, Michael RB-OAK

(7) 16.15 Morris, Maurice RB-DET

(9) 3:02 Edwards, Braylon WR-CLE

(9) 2:15 Owens, Terrell WR-BUF

(10) 6:15 Walter, Kevin WR-HOU

(5) 7:02 Hester, Devin WR-CHI

(8) 14:15 Thomas, Devin WR-WAS

(7) 19:02 Williams, Demetrius WR-BAL

(7) 5.02 Carlson, John TE-SEA

(7) 11.02 Heap, Todd TE-BAL

(8) 11.02 Stevens, Jerramy TE-TBB

(7) 15.02 Bironas, Rob PK-TEN

(8) 12.15 TBB-DEF/ST

(6) 13.02 MIA-DEF/ST

Go ahead, have some fun with this mess!!!!

forcing myself to go thru these, I look at the draft thru each person's eyes... I think it will help me for next year.. or maybe I'm just entertaining myself... well, not in that way.... you know what i mean...

4) Toads

(7) 11.04 BAL-DEF/ST

(6) 13.04 IND-DEF/ST
Okay.. something different,. WR out of the gate. Fitzy at 4! Yeah!! Feeling good already, but it's a LOOONG way back for your RB1... With 14 off the board, and Reggie Bush still here, I'm astonished you didn't take him. Gates. Wow.. Are injuries slowin him down? I think so... unless you're really thinking he bounces back and dominates, this pick should be someone else, because you can get the same Gates from last year later. Rodgers at 3... Wow. You are ballsy my friend... Seriously.. Addai and Kevin Smith still on the board, no RB1 yet.. Okay, finally here we go.. Stewy... in a time share situation with DWill... up and down, hope you get some depth because I have a feeling he will be all over the map this year game to game. Some big games and some where DWill runs the show... Okay, I like Gonzo in the 5th as your WR2 behind Fitz. This position is looking great! Wow, now this next pick I just don't get. Crabtree as your WR3... You were ALREADY ahead of the game with Fitz and Gonzo, why risk it? Take Walter or Breaston as your 3 and keep the guaranteed edge. Besides, statistically, rookie WRs rarely smash out. Okay... so Hightower, you're a believer in ay? Really? Man, I'm not, they had a potent passing offense, and he manages less than 2.8 ypc.. Granted, I think he's a Top 32 RB, so as your RB2 I get it, but I just like Leon in PPR I guess. Not to mention.. again, you took Fitz early and you don't know the bye weeks. Guys, you HAVE TO STOP THIS. This is a death sentence in the PDSL. Sure enough, Stewy off week 4, so you lose both RBs and your WR1 Fitz, in the same week. Chance are, you're done, you can't risk taking important positions on the same team. Miles in the 8th.. Okay, I've seen enough to understand you are a BIG TIME risk taker, swinging for the fences. I've rarely seen this strategy pay off. I like Earl Bennett late, but let's see if CHI addresses WR in the draft, I bet they do. QB - B+ No real backup IMO

RB - F Good lord man..

WR - B- We have to start 3, and that 3 is hurting out of the gate, not to mention bye week or injuries.

TE - A- You paid a second for Gates, I'll give it to ya.

Overall - While the team before you pulled it off, you took too many risks for my blood and the bye in week 4, most teams will count on coasting thanks to you. C "+" for the "almost pulled it off" strategy.
Good stuff here....thanks.Only WSL #4 and this draft to pick up on. In WSL (drafting #2), I passed on a QB in round #3 and ended up with the #12 QB as the QB monster fed for 30 picks....hence a QB at #3 pick.

It's tough for me to figure a strategy when the TE's get 2pts./reception. It just skews the DD so much that I have to believe what it tells me....that's why I geared it up after all. Also, it tells me that WR's are the key and that's what I have to believe.

As to Bush and Addai and Walter and Breaston (Breaston being the same "mistake" as any other team mate of Fitz), I agree that making a teamate choice (see bye week #4, team mate of Fitz being Hightower) will likely end up being fatal. As to those others....NOT for all except Walter. Walter scares me because I've enjoyed having him on some '08 teams BUT he's joined at the hip to his QB and his QB get's absolutley blaasted due to poor OFF line play and DEF scheming. When Shaub is nursing his broken collar bone come weeks 8-16, Walter will be useless used less.

Stewart drawing the #4 bye week will end up being the knife in the side.

One more thing: I'm seeing a pattern that's worth mentioning....strategy type stuff. It looks to me that the key to this deal is draft position relative to RB's. Team captains place themselves at a point in the draft that's conducive to the RB drop off that's happening BIG TIME at about RB #19. That seems to happen about pick #26-27, or the #10 draft position in round #2 (the #6 position in round #1).

Strategy's after that point takes on a different bent. When the DD starts spewing forth VBD information beyond that point, it doesn't direct you to RB's labeled as #20, #21, #22, #23, etc. It directs you to the QB's and the WR's. If you don't like Bush (which I've been there and done that...sorry, not burned twice) you're going somewhere else at this point in these drafts. Bush runs about RB #15-#18 in most dynasty ratings for a reason. Bush is available in a redraft at the #2-#3 turn for a reason....that being injury risk/reward.

Risk/Reward is where you find it. Choosing a team mate of your #1 WR as your #2 RB is not conducive to any thing reward wise....other than the learning process. It's a mistake I'll not make again.

Finally: Jeff P. posted a thread in the Shark Pool about determining bye weeks before the fact. It appears that the staffers play this game with that knowlede and that the other guys don't because they probably don't stumble into that thread. Jeff P. would be well advised to post that thead in the MockDrafts R Us area .....if he wishes to level out the playing field; unless, of course, he has no motive or reason to do so.

12.11 Philly DT/ST (4)

13.6 Green Bay DT/ST (5)
All done.I like how things turned out. I have last year's #1 QB and #1RB, and while that's surely no guarantee of future success, I think Brees is a mortal lock for top 3 at his position, and look for Williams to finish as a top 7 back.

Of all my picks, I was happiest with Wells at 8.11, which I feel is outstanding value. The Thomas pick is probably the one I have the most qualms about; however, if PT loses his job, it would likely be to Wells, whom the Saints are rumored to be interested in.
qb - A - You pay a top price for a QB, you deserve your A. rb - C- Love DWill, but Pierre is not to be trusted. Nothing else really of substance but Morris might surprise and contribute. Nice snag late.

wr - C+ Coles, Mason, Holt - The all geriatric team. Well, you pulled it off. Waiting until the 5th it could have been alot worse!

te - A- Dallas is a stud, but you paid a 2nd and a 3rd for a top QB and TE. This lead to two C grades at RB and WR. You have to have 5 starters every week and when bye weeks hit, you're hurtin, especially week 7.

Okay, so DWILL and Brees, let's go.. I've said before its hard to repair after a 2nd on a QB. let's see if I'm right... Oh man... DALLAS in the 3rd... Now in the 4th, you take your RB2 Pierre, that has a guaranteed shared bye week with your QB1... bro... c'mon... Without knowin the bye situations, this is suicide! Personal preference aside, Stewy would get the nod here due to the Saints QB already on your roster.

Coles is a great rebound in the 5th, especially if he's able to fill that Housh role with CP. Mason as your 2.. dude is 35 years old... what are you predicting? I mean, with Walter and Breaston there as well, both of whom finished right below Mason last year, it would seem they're on their way up and he's on his way down... Nice score with Holt, 3 wrs in a row... strategy isn't working out half bad! I'm impressed. Okay, from here you can do just about anything you want. Taking Wells is nice here because your team is secured. If he lands in a favorable spot, great call here.

I've NEVER seen a draft shape up after taking a QB and TE in rounds 2 and 3, but with a little luck you might just pull it off. Stewy and Walter would have made this team an A team for sure! Final grade - B. Good job.
So you think a RB1 and RB2 from the same team is better than RB2 and QB1 from same team?

#1) valence

(6) 7.01 Pennington, Chad QB-MIA

(7) 8.16 Orton, Kyle QB-DEN

(8) 14.16 Leftwich, Byron QB-TBB

(9) 1.01 Peterson, Adrian RB-MIN

(5) 2.16 Bush, Reggie RB-NOS

(9) 3.01 Lynch, Marshawn RB-BUF

(8) 19.01 Williams, Cadillac RB-TBB

(5) 5:01 Jackson, Vincent WR-SDC

(4) 6:16 Breaston, Steve WR-ARI

(8) 9:01 Henry, Chris WR-CIN

(7) 10:16 Washington, Nate WR-TEN

(7) 11:01 Walker, Mike WR-JAC

(5) 13:01 Jones, James WR-GBP

(?) 15:01 Harvin, Percy ® FA-WR

(6) 4.16 Winslow, Kellen TE-MIA

(4) 20.16 Rosario, Dante TE-CAR

(4) 16.16 Elam, Jason PK-ATL

(7) 18.16 Hanson, Jason PK-DET

(9) 12.16 BUF-DEF/ST

(7) 17.01 DEN-DEF/ST
Servicable QBs, STRONG RBs, below average WRs, Average TEs, PK/D apears okay. Overall you lack scoring punch outside of RB so you'll really need your WRs to surpass expectations to go deep. Not bad though, I do like your WR depth and you didn't make any horrible picks although another WR or RB instead of Lefty probably would have served you better.YOUR GRADE: B

3) Ghost of Bill Walsh

(8) 3.03 Brady, Tom QB-NEP

(8) 8.14 Campbell, Jason QB-WAS

(7) 16.14 Culpepper, Dante QB-DET

(7) 1.03 Jones-Drew, Maurice RB-JAC

(9) 4.14 McFadden, Darren RB-OAK

(7) 6.14 White, LenDale RB-TEN

(?) 10.14 McCoy, LeSean ® FA-RB

(7) 14.14 Duckett, T.J. RB-SEA

(8) 17.03 Faulk, Kevin RB-NEP

(4) 2:14 Boldin, Anquan WR-ARI

(8) 5:03 Bryant, Antonio WR-TBB

(5) 7:03 Driver, Donald WR-GBP

(6) 12:14 Jones, Brandon WR-SFO

(9) 13:03 Burton, Keenan WR-STL

(9) 9.03 Shiancoe, Visanthe TE-MIN

(?) 15.03 Pettigrew, Brandon ® FA-TE

(9) 18.14 Dawson, Phil PK-CLE

(9) 20.14 Hauschka, Steven PK-BAL

(7) 11.03 TEN-DEF/ST

(8) 11.03 CIN-DEF/ST
Strong at QB and RB, although I don't think McCoy will make much noise in the NFL...most overhyped rookie RB...Andre Brown who I selected several rounds later has a much better chance of making an immediate impact, but we'll know more in a few days. Driver was a steal that late and really solidified your WRs at the top, but your depth after him is atrocious and will likely cost you any shot at a top finish. You could see an early exit due to an abysmal WR scoring week. Should have drafted better and more WR depth instead of Duckett, McCoy and Culpepper.YOUR GRADE: C+

11) Frank Black

(6) 2.06 Manning, Peyton QB-IND

(9) 9.11 Bulger, Marc QB-STL

(6) 1.11 Gore, Frank RB-SFO

(6) 3.11 Addai, Joseph RB-IND

(8) 8.06 Benson, Cedric RB-CIN

(9) 14.06 Rhodes, Dominic RB-BUF

(6) 19.11 Hart, Mike RB-IND

(9) 4.06 Cotchery, Jerricho WR-NYJ

(4) 5.11 Jackson, DeSean WR-PHI

(9) 6.06 Avery, Donnie WR-STL

(6) 10.06 Crayton, Patrick WR-DAL

(8) 12.06 Randel El, Antwaan WR-WAS

(9) 17.11 Wade, Bobby WR-MIN

(7) 18.06 Curry, Ronald WR-DET

(5) 20.06 Davis, Rashied WR-CHI

(8) 7.11 Miller, Heath TE-PIT

(7) 11.11 Lewis, MarcedesTE-JAC

(9) 15.11 Longwell, Ryan PK-MIN

(5) 16.06 Hartley, Garrett PK-NOS

(4) 13.11 CAR-DEF/ST
Great QBs, Decent RBs, huge fan of your WR depth...all guys should get good reception totals and will help you avoid zero weeks...not a lot of scorign punch though as none of your guys will have a shot at double digit TDs. below average TEs. I don't like the single defense approach so that hurts as well. Overall you did some great drafting and you weren't too far away from having a very strong draft, would have liked to have seen more upside from your RB depth and another defense as well. I think this team lasts a while, but not sure how long it will last against the top teams.YOUR GRADE: B+

15) BassNBrew

(5) 4.02 Rivers, Phillip QB-SDC

(8) 6.02 Roethlisberger, Ben QB-PIT

(6) 1.15 Barber, Marion III RB-DAL

(5) 7.15 Sproles, Darren RB-SDC

(9) 8.02 Washington, Leon RB-NYJ

(5) 14.02 Jackson, Brandon RB-GBP

(7) 2.02 Johnson, Calvin WR-DET

(5) 5.15 Moore, Lance WR-NOS

(8) 9.15 Galloway, Joey WR-NEP

(9) 11.15 Higgins, Johnny Lee WR-OAK

(?) 12.02 Maclin, Jeremy ® WR-FA

(8) 13.15 Bradley, Mark WR-KCC

(9) 19.15 Cribbs, Josh WR-CLE

(8) 20.02 Lewis, Greg WR-NEP

(8) 3.15 Cooley, Chris TE-WAS

(5) 18.02 Miller, Billy TE-NOS

(4) 15.15 Rackers, Neil PK-ARI

(6) 15.15 Nedney, JoePK-SFO

(8) 10.02 PIT-DEF/ST

(7) 16.02 JAC-DEF/ST
Above average QBs, Questionable RBs IMHO, sproles has never seen a full load, MBIII is getting his workload lightened, Washington and Jackson are good football players but their opportunities are limited. WR is interesting, Calvin is a stud obviously but you've only got one surefire starter after him...way too risky at the most crucial position IMHO. Good TEs although I thought there were better options than Miller when you drafted him. Overall I think you're too weak at RB and WR to last long.YOUR GRADE: B-

15) BassNBrew

(5) 4.02 Rivers, Phillip QB-SDC

(8) 6.02 Roethlisberger, Ben QB-PIT

(6) 1.15 Barber, Marion III RB-DAL

(5) 7.15 Sproles, Darren RB-SDC

(9) 8.02 Washington, Leon RB-NYJ

(5) 14.02 Jackson, Brandon RB-GBP

(7) 2.02 Johnson, Calvin WR-DET

(5) 5.15 Moore, Lance WR-NOS

(8) 9.15 Galloway, Joey WR-NEP

(9) 11.15 Higgins, Johnny Lee WR-OAK

(?) 12.02 Maclin, Jeremy ® WR-FA

(8) 13.15 Bradley, Mark WR-KCC

(9) 19.15 Cribbs, Josh WR-CLE

(8) 20.02 Lewis, Greg WR-NEP

(8) 3.15 Cooley, Chris TE-WAS

(5) 18.02 Miller, Billy TE-NOS

(4) 15.15 Rackers, Neil PK-ARI

(6) 15.15 Nedney, JoePK-SFO

(8) 10.02 PIT-DEF/ST

(7) 16.02 JAC-DEF/ST
Above average QBs, Questionable RBs IMHO, sproles has never seen a full load, MBIII is getting his workload lightened, Washington and Jackson are good football players but their opportunities are limited. WR is interesting, Calvin is a stud obviously but you've only got one surefire starter after him...way too risky at the most crucial position IMHO. Good TEs although I thought there were better options than Miller when you drafted him. Overall I think you're too weak at RB and WR to last long.YOUR GRADE: B-
I think he has outstanding QBs, everything looks pretty solid except RB which is a crap shoot anyway. Leon Washington finished RB25 in this format. Pretty underrated rotation of RBs imo. Bradley looked like a stud last season, like your WRs, although Im not a huge fan of moore. This is an elite team I think.

12.11 Philly DT/ST (4)

13.6 Green Bay DT/ST (5)

So you think a RB1 and RB2 from the same team is better than RB2 and QB1 from same team?
No, I was up late, I missed that. So Stewy wouldn't work here, likely McFadden. This may cause him to grab his WR1 and the options were a plenty. Good catch Jeff.

Guys, please forgive me if I'm coming across too harsh. These are competitive leagues and I'm just analyzing from a 2000 feet up perspective. It's 10 times easier looking back in hindsight.

Here's the rub with these leagues, you need 7 starters each week at qb,rb,wr and te. Getting a 2nd qb in your first 7 rounds really makes it tough to have 5 good rbs and wrs. I think your team weaknesses can be hidden much easier on paper when you wait on your TE and 2nd QB but this is in NO WAY a bad strategy. It seems like every year, I look at the teams that win it and scratch my head, however one thing I will say is usually when I've looked back at these teams, and I recall a top performing QB is present the majority of the time, so kudos to those of you that have stud QBs and paid the price. You need a little luck your way with a pick or two from the later rounds and you'll be there in the end.

#1) valence

(9) 12.16 BUF-DEF/ST

(7) 17.01 DEN-DEF/ST
Servicable QBs, STRONG RBs, below average WRs, Average TEs, PK/D apears okay. Overall you lack scoring punch outside of RB so you'll really need your WRs to surpass expectations to go deep. Not bad though, I do like your WR depth and you didn't make any horrible picks although another WR or RB instead of Lefty probably would have served you better.YOUR GRADE: B
which RB\WR would you have selected at 14.16? I looked in that direction, but didn't really see any that excited me there. I thought about DHB, but I didn't really want the 2nd rookie. Maybe Patten I guess, but it would have been another week 9 bye.

Guys, please forgive me if I'm coming across too harsh. These are competitive leagues and I'm just analyzing from a 2000 feet up perspective. It's 10 times easier looking back in hindsight. Here's the rub with these leagues, you need 7 starters each week at qb,rb,wr and te. Getting a 2nd qb in your first 7 rounds really makes it tough to have 5 good rbs and wrs. I think your team weaknesses can be hidden much easier on paper when you wait on your TE and 2nd QB but this is in NO WAY a bad strategy. It seems like every year, I look at the teams that win it and scratch my head, however one thing I will say is usually when I've looked back at these teams, and I recall a top performing QB is present the majority of the time, so kudos to those of you that have stud QBs and paid the price. You need a little luck your way with a pick or two from the later rounds and you'll be there in the end.
the harsher the better imo. can't wait for mine.

QB: Chad Pennington (6), Kyle Orton (7), Byron Leftwich (8)RB Adrian Peterson (9), Reggie Bush (5), Marshawn Lynch (9) Cadillac Williams (8)WR: Vincent Jackson (4), Steve Breaston (5), Chris Henry (8), Nate Washington (7), Mike Walker (7), James Jones (5), Percy Harvin (?)TE: Kellen Winslow Jr (8) Dante Rosario (4)
DANGIT! I had yours done and accidentally hit the X on the top of the page... Here's a quick recapStarting from the 1 hole, AD... We're rolling, come catch us! RB1 top of the game. Its a long haul back to grab your WR1 and 2, but luckily for you, there's some big names still here on the turn. Bowe, Welker and Braylon. ... WAIT... huh??? Bush and Lynch??? Why o why did you do this??? You were ahead of the game at RB1, and could have been ahead at your WR1 and 2 combo with 2 of those 3, yet you went RB2 and 3. Remember, one of those is a bench player EVERY week. These first 8 picks are so important in this format and in a 16 teamer, talent runs out fast.. I hope you know what you're doing... okay, let's see what you pull out of your *ss.. Winslow and VJax. You HAD to take your WR1 here, Thank God, I'd go ballistic. Winslow at 2ppr is fine by me. Now we're talking... hmmm... okay... Breaston and Pennington... Now wait.. Breaston as your 2... I actually LIKE it... Maybe you DO know what you're doing here... If you can pull this type of magic out later to get solid WR3 production and a capable backup QB, you may pull the hat trick here... ORTON... Gold mine! ~~~ I think... now see, Chris Henry as your WR3.. This is where you need to start swinging for the fences to repair this WR3 mess. Not only do you START a WR3 every week, but you have to make up for injuries and bye weeks, but as of now, this is your ONLY weakness. To tell the truth.. I'm VERY impressed. These next picks are key, your ability to find the gems is paramount with this strategy because on paper, it's prolly not going to loook good. Nate Washington and Mike Walker... okay a few fliers. If it were me, I'm taking a stab on Sidney Rice in the 12th. Let's lookQB - B+ Pennington, Orton and Leftwich -- Rather than a B, adding Lefty late, bumps it to a B+. I think this combo gets the job done actually. RB - A+ Can't ask for more. WR - D As much as I think they have "potential" to fill those WR1 and 2 spots, they're not the names I think of at the position and your 3 is going to hurt all season long, while even your 2 is going to have some very painful weeks. I LOVE the Percy "the Beast" Harvin pick.TE - B+ Winslow gets high marks.Overall, man... we all know what's up.. it boils down to the receivers... (the most important position in this game as they're 3 wide) Can they get the job done? I'm skeptical, yet.. part of me thinks your 1 and 2 might be on lock down and be fine. At that point, you just need WR3 position from that slew... SOLID draft after a mind boggling start.. B-

10) Domination

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST
Probably one of the weakest QB groups in the league but at least you went three deep, RBs are pretty good...I really think Bradshaw could put up some big numbers so he was a steal in the 9th IMHO. LOVE your WRs...Douglas and Nicks were great late round value and you are strong at the top too. TE scoring will be pretty low, but some upside with Davis. Overall I think this is a very strong squad...Hasselbeck's health is the key here.YOUR GRADE: A-

Good stuff guys. I had hoped to put together the same kind of commentary but I let myself get swamped at work.

One thing about TLs rankings - I spent earlier picks than a lot of these guys on kickers and Ds, and you're not even ranking them. That's fine - especially because both positions tend to turnover year to year - but I think it's worth mentioning. I really believe that having two top quality Ds in this league is a huge advantage. Ds score a lot more than people seem to realize, and while they are somewhat unpredictable, getting two of the top ten defenses drafted gives me a much better chance at outscoring the rest of the league at a high scoring position than getting none of them. Similarly, while I don't think you can draft "the best" kicker, I think it's extremely important to get two kickers who have starting jobs, because starting a zero at kicker each week will drop your weekly scoring by about the same amount as the difference between RB10 and RB20. The difference between the receiver I get at my 16th round pick and the one I get at my 18th is nowhere near the difference between a kicker who plays and one who doesn't. The guys who drafted rookie kickers or veterans with shaky jobs may be in trouble when the season rolls around.

Similarly, in my writeup, you asked why I took Edwards with my 6th after grabbing Cassel with my 5th. There are two reasons. One, picking at the ends, I don't want to get caught in a QB run, and I wouldn't have minded starting one. This league was somewhat uncommon in that we didn't have any huge runs (except receivers early, which is a trend across all leagues now, and kickers at the end). But even knowing that, if I can't get the best QB, I want two good ones to get me good scoring at the position each week. 6 point touchdowns really matter. I also like the guy who throws to Owens. I'm actually not sure which one I like better between the two, and I think you'll see Edwards move way up the ADP charts by August.

LHUCKS said:
10) Domination

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST
Probably one of the weakest QB groups in the league but at least you went three deep, RBs are pretty good...I really think Bradshaw could put up some big numbers so he was a steal in the 9th IMHO. LOVE your WRs...Douglas and Nicks were great late round value and you are strong at the top too. TE scoring will be pretty low, but some upside with Davis. Overall I think this is a very strong squad...Hasselbeck's health is the key here.YOUR GRADE: A-
QB is a high-scoring position, and Hasselbeck is not a strong QB1.WRs - Is the world forgetting that Brandon Marshall is expected to be suspended for the start of the year? He also just lost his QB. That plus two rookie WRs makes this a tough group to love.

Normally I don't jump in and critique a critique, but this one looked to be the best grade LHUCKS gave out and I think that's just a bad view.

QB is a high-scoring position, and Hasselbeck is not a strong QB1.
Hasselbeck is going to surprise this year...and QB is an overrated position in this format.
WRs - Is the world forgetting that Brandon Marshall is expected to be suspended for the start of the year? He also just lost his QB. That plus two rookie WRs makes this a tough group to love.
A) Good teams don't have to worry about the early weeksB) We'll have to agree to disagree on his WRs...I think they're VERY strong.
Normally I don't jump in and critique a critique, but this one looked to be the best grade LHUCKS gave out and I think that's just a bad view.
No problems here, but I actually gave my team a higher grade. :thumbup:

LHUCKS said:
10) Domination

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST
QB is a high-scoring position, and Hasselbeck is not a strong QB1.WRs - Is the world forgetting that Brandon Marshall is expected to be suspended for the start of the year? He also just lost his QB. That plus two rookie WRs makes this a tough group to love.

Yeah its hard to like that team

bostonfred said:
Good stuff guys. I had hoped to put together the same kind of commentary but I let myself get swamped at work. One thing about TLs rankings - I spent earlier picks than a lot of these guys on kickers and Ds, and you're not even ranking them. That's fine - especially because both positions tend to turnover year to year - but I think it's worth mentioning. I really believe that having two top quality Ds in this league is a huge advantage. Ds score a lot more than people seem to realize, and while they are somewhat unpredictable, getting two of the top ten defenses drafted gives me a much better chance at outscoring the rest of the league at a high scoring position than getting none of them. Similarly, while I don't think you can draft "the best" kicker, I think it's extremely important to get two kickers who have starting jobs, because starting a zero at kicker each week will drop your weekly scoring by about the same amount as the difference between RB10 and RB20. The difference between the receiver I get at my 16th round pick and the one I get at my 18th is nowhere near the difference between a kicker who plays and one who doesn't. The guys who drafted rookie kickers or veterans with shaky jobs may be in trouble when the season rolls around. Similarly, in my writeup, you asked why I took Edwards with my 6th after grabbing Cassel with my 5th. There are two reasons. One, picking at the ends, I don't want to get caught in a QB run, and I wouldn't have minded starting one. This league was somewhat uncommon in that we didn't have any huge runs (except receivers early, which is a trend across all leagues now, and kickers at the end). But even knowing that, if I can't get the best QB, I want two good ones to get me good scoring at the position each week. 6 point touchdowns really matter. I also like the guy who throws to Owens. I'm actually not sure which one I like better between the two, and I think you'll see Edwards move way up the ADP charts by August.
All good points man, I just find it difficult to forecast how the defense will affect the team's overall performance. Just too hard to tell. I disagree with the Kicker strategy. I've drafted only 1 multiple times and I don't recall it ever causing much of a ruckus. Great stuff here tho, good insight. I too think Edwards will do well.

LHUCKS said:
10) Domination

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST

Yeah its hard to like that team
My review coming later today, at first glance, will be favorable. :thumbup:

Team Legacy & LHUCKS, I really appreciate your commentary.

Legacy, I understand what you're saying about picking a QB early. However, I thought it would be fun to see how a draft plays out after selecting a Manning or Brady in the 2nd round. My question was whether I could avoid disaster, which I think I have. I'm not certain why I selected Cotchery over Holmes but I'm just not sold on Holmes yet. I largely agree with your analysis.

#1) valence

(9) 12.16 BUF-DEF/ST

(7) 17.01 DEN-DEF/ST

QB - Pennington/Orton/Leftwich - Probably a good idea to take a third QB after Orton got traded. If Orton and Leftwich are starters, it's mediocre. If not, QB is your achilles heel.

RB - Peterson/Bush/Lynch/Cadillac is the strongest RB combination in the league by far. Should be able to get two quality RB weeks every week except week 9 when Peterson/Lynch are out. Bush/Cadillac is livable during the bye week although you are also running solo with the Denver D at home against Pittsburgh on Monday night.

WR - One of the weaker units in the league. None of them is the #1 option on their team. Vincent Jackson is good but he can disappear on you. Breaston is the #3 receiver on a team coming off a year that will be hard to repeat. If Boldin gets traded he's a decent option, otherwise, you overpaid. The quality of this corps comes down to where Henry, Washington, Harvin, Walker and Jones are going to be on their respective depth charts. Hard to evaluate that right now as all of them have a chance to start for their teams, but none are certain.

TE - Winslow was a great pick. Best bargain at TE in the draft. Unfortunately he's arguably the only bargain on this team. Rosario was a decent late pick as a backup TE.

PK - Two decent kickers. Both should have jobs. Like both offenses to give them opportunities.

D - Buffalo and Denver are well below average.

Grade: C

2) OldMilwaukee

(5) 4.15 Cutler, Jay QB-CHI

(9) 17.02 Jackson, Tavaris QB-MIN

(6) 20.15 Henne, Chad QB-MIA

(9) 1.02 Jackson, Steven RB-STL

(4) 8.15 Norwood, Jerious RB-ATL

(9) 9.02 Jackson, Fred RB-BUF

(9) 10.15 Bush, Michael RB-OAK

(7) 16.15 Morris, Maurice RB-DET

(9) 1:02 Edwards, Braylon WR-CLE

(9) 2:15 Owens, Terrell WR-BUF

(10) 6:15 Walter, Kevin WR-HOU

(5) 7:02 Hester, Devin WR-CHI

(8) 14:15 Thomas, Devin WR-WAS

(7) 19:02 Williams, Demetrius WR-BAL

(7) 5.02 Carlson, John TE-SEA

(7) 11.02 Heap, Todd TE-BAL

(8) 11.02 Stevens, Jerramy TE-TBB

(7) 15.02 Bironas, Rob PK-TEN

(8) 12.15 TBB-DEF/ST

(6) 13.02 MIA-DEF/ST

QB - Go Bears, apparently. It's not that I think Cutler is weak, but this is definitely a weakness. I'm not sure Jackson and Henne really help shore it up.

RB - Go Rams, apparently. This corps is Steven Jackson and a bunch of #2. Norwood, Jackson, Bush and to a lesser extent Morris are some of the best backup RB options available, but you're going to get some down weeks out of that combo. If Jackson misses time again this year, this is another weak position.

WR - This position is very strong at the top but a little too thin at the bottom. Braylon/Owens is one of the best 1/2 combos in the league. Walter looks like he's emerged well enough to be a quality #3. It's hard to peg how Hester will do, but pairing him up with Cutler may be good news. If Hester, Thomas or Williams pan out OK, this is a top notch unit. Otherwise it's a little thin.

TE - Carlson, Heap and Stevens should get you OK scoring each week. I'm a little skeptical of Carlson's production on a healthy Seahawks team (if that ever happens) but he's not bad as a TE1. Not sure if you a second backup TE helped as much as another receiver, starting QB, or kicker.

K - Flying solo with Bironas costs you a couple points each week. He's a decent kicker, but there was no reason not to grab a backup.

D - Bucs and Dolphins - Solid. Two good Ds.

Overall grade: C-

LHUCKS said:
10) Domination

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST
We are the nation... of domination!! Here we goo...Westy at 1.10... a steal.. I considered him at 5, but feared in a 16 teamer, I wouldn't be able to grab depth at RB to account for his missed time that I think he'll miss. You're ahead of the game out the gate. Picking Marshall who might be suspended over Roddy was a little head scratching, considering Roddy beat him last year AND he loses Cutler. I dont' want this to get into a "WR Rankings" exercise, but the mere fact that Marshall might miss time in a survivor contest is dangerous (unless you have the backup plan for Marshall ready to go...)let's see what you do here... Housh.. SCORE. Safe , solid, I like it. Very strong thru 3. TJOnes in the 4th. WOW. This draft is shaping up nicely. TJones stands out and was the LAST from the 2nd tier of RBs. Really couldn't draft anybody else IMO. Hines Ward... okay, you know what? I REALLY LIKE this pick. DJack is "sexier" but Holmes taken a full round earlier. Now you COULD have went QB here, but since there's a gaggle (7) or so QBs left in a tier with 6 guys drafting between your next pick, I think it's WISE to hold off and get the remaining QB next.... IT WORKED! Well, almost. Hass shares a bye week with Housh, but this is one of those situations, I still pull the trigger due to the circumstances. With Housh, Branch and Carlson, I have NO problem with hass in this format, provided you back him up relatively soon here... Okay, now grabbing Curtis is nice for depth, but in PDSL, here's the rub. He shares Westy's bye week and who knows if he will share Seattle's bye week. That would mean 4 of your first 7 picks on bye... TOO DANGEROUS. I would grab Garrard here and now your combination at QB is SOLID. I really like the Boss, Bradshaw picks and I agree that the Nicks pick has VERY NICE upside, especially if Braylon gets traded, I could see the Brownies snagging Nicks, and voila.. a new #1WR in the 20th!

The question is ... What are you going to do week 7? Marshall, Housh and Hass all on bye... Better hope Clemens is the answer. I think maybe CPep would have been the smarter play over Clemens so you guarantee yourself the Detroit QB in week 7.

Overall --- the Curtis pick didn't hurt you after the bye release, it HELPED you as it's nice you have Ward and Curtis to anchor things down week 7 and your backs are strong enough and don't have the byes in the way. I LIKE this team. I say it's one of the better constructed teams I've seen other than QB. Solid B+ for effort and outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread