What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL #2: Rosters Complete (1 Viewer)

3) Ghost of Bill Walsh

(8) 3.03 Brady, Tom QB-NEP

(8) 8.14 Campbell, Jason QB-WAS

(7) 16.14 Culpepper, Dante QB-DET

(7) 1.03 Jones-Drew, Maurice RB-JAC

(9) 4.14 McFadden, Darren RB-OAK

(7) 6.14 White, LenDale RB-TEN

(?) 10.14 McCoy, LeSean ® FA-RB

(7) 14.14 Duckett, T.J. RB-SEA

(8) 17.03 Faulk, Kevin RB-NEP

(4) 2:14 Boldin, Anquan WR-ARI

(8) 5:03 Bryant, Antonio WR-TBB

(5) 7:03 Driver, Donald WR-GBP

(6) 12:14 Jones, Brandon WR-SFO

(9) 13:03 Burton, Keenan WR-STL

(9) 9.03 Shiancoe, Visanthe TE-MIN

(?) 15.03 Pettigrew, Brandon ® FA-TE

(9) 18.14 Dawson, Phil PK-CLE

(9) 20.14 Hauschka, Steven PK-BAL

(7) 11.03 TEN-DEF/ST

(8) 11.03 CIN-DEF/ST

QB - Brady/Campbell/Culpepper - Brady is one of the big boom or bust plays this year. I'm obviously hoping for boom along with you. Campbell and Culpepper are good backup for him, although both have the possibility of getting supplanted this year. Brady and Campbell sharing a Week 8 bye was rough for you, but oh well.

RB - Jones-Drew, McFadden, Lendale are an excellent 1-2-3. Stinks that Jones-Drew, White and Duckett share a bye week, which is probably what forced you to take a sixth RB. You're near the top of the league at the position.

WR - Boldin/Bryant/Driver are a very solid 1-2-3. Jones and Burton might be OK 4 and 5. I guess it was the schedule coming out that forced you to only go 5 deep at receiver, but it definitely hurts the WR position for you.

TE - Shiancoe's decent. Hard to say if Pettigrew will contribute. You're below average at the position, but it's not a glaring weakness.

PK - Dawson is meh. Does Hauschka have a good shot at the job? I'd obviously like to have seen a second starting kicker, but if that wasn't possible, I would like to have seen a sixth receiver.

D - Tennessee isn't a bad #1, but I'd like them more if they hadn't lost Haynesworth. Cinci's not good, so I'd rather have seen you take a D that didn't share one of your worst bye weeks. Average-ish.

Overall - Can't fault you for bad bye week luck. B

Last edited by a moderator:
4) Toads

(5) 3.04 Rodgers, Aaron QB-GBP

(9) 9.04 Russell, JaMarcus QB-OAK

(4) 4.13 Stewart, Jonathan RB-CAR

(4) 7.04 Hightower, Tim RB-ARI

(6) 10.13 Choice, Tashard RB-DAL

(10) 14.13 Ware, Danny RB-NYG

(7) 18.13 Jones, Greg RB-JAC

(4) 1.04 Fitzgerald, Larry WR-ARI

(6) 5.14 Gonzales, Anthony WR-IND

(?) 6.13 Crabtree, Michael ® WR-FA

(6) 8.13 Austin, Miles WR-DAL

(5) 12.13 Bennett, Earl WR-CHI

(9) 17.04 Johnson, Steve WR-BUF

(5) 2.13 Gates, Antonio TE-SDC

(?) 15.04 Casey, James ® FA-TE

(?) 20.13 Cook, Jared ® FA-TE

(8) 16.13 Bryant, Matt PK-TBB

(7) 19.04 Mare, Olindo PK-SEA

(7) 11.04 BAL-DEF/ST

(6) 13.04 IND-DEF/ST

QB - Aaron Rodgers, JaMarcus Russell - Good. I think both were a little pricey where you got them, but a solid QB combo.

RB - I thought I might have copy/pasted wrong. Ouch. When deciding whether to bank on a guy like Stewart as my RB1, I tend to follow the lead of his head coach. If he didn't, you shouldn't. With your selection of Choice in the 10th round, you made me wonder if you thought that your #1, #2 and #3 RBs actually had to be NFL #1, #2 and #3 on their teams, respectively. "TCho" reminds me a lot of Betts the year he blew up - a capable backup who could do well if given the opportunity, but will go back to the bench for the most part this year. Having to start Hightower each week is tough, but knowing he had the same bye as Fitzgerald is a killer. Danny Ware could be decent, and Jones may have been a steal. Still, this is the worst RB corps in the league.

WR - Love Fitzgerald, and I think he was a fine pick at 1.04. Gonzalez isn't the best #2, but he's servicable. Crabtree is a dicey #3, but rookie receivers have been doing fairly well lately. Austin could be decent. Bennett may have been a steal where you got him. Six receivers gives you enough depth. Above average at this position.

TE - I have Gates as my #1 TE this year. Not sure if you needed two backup TEs behind him, especially if they're both rookies. This position is a strength.

PK - Two decent kickers with starting jobs? Check. Good.

D - Love Baltimore. Will be interesting to see how Indy does this year, but a very good #2. Another position of strength.

It's not a bad draft for a normal league, but in a 16 team survivor, you're going to struggle. Your running backs are clearly The bye weeks killed you, but that was avoidable if you hadn't drafted such weak RBs and drafted your #2 RB (Hightower) and #1 player (Fitzgerald) from the same team. The fact that Stewart shares a bye with them probably seals your fate for an exit in week four, but if you survive it, you could stick around for a while.

Overall: C

5) Team Legacy

(8) 4.12 Palmer, Carson QB-CIN

(9) 9.05 Quinn, Brady QB-CLE

(4) 1.05 Turner, Michael RB-ATL

(8) 10.12 Mendenhall, Rashard RB-PIT

(?) 12.12 Greene, Shonne ® RB-FA

(5) 2.12 Colston, Marques WR-NOS

(8) 3.05 Welker, Wes WR-NEP

(8) 5.05 Moss, Santana WR-WAS

(6) 7.05 Ginn, Ted WR-MIA

(5) 13.05 Nelson, Jordy WR-GBP

(10) 16.12 Manningham, Mario WR-NYG

(6) 18.12 Smith, Jason WR-SFO

(9) 6.12 Miller, Zach TE-OAK

(7) 11.05 Scaife, Bo TE-TEN

(?) 20.05 Royal, Robert FA-TE

(5) 17.05 Gould, Robbie PK-CHI

(5) 14.12 NOS-DEF/ST

(9) 15.05 CLE-DEF/ST

(7) 19.05 DET-DEF/ST

QB - Palmer and Quinn is risky. You might have two very good QBs, but last year you'd have had zero. I do like Palmer a lot this year, and I think Quinn is solid if he's starting somewhere.

RB - Turner is a stud. Mendenhall is a shot in the dark as your RB2, and we currently have no idea where Shonne Green will go, let alone if he'll get to carry the ball this year. Without a RB4, this position is actually a weakness.

WR - This is clearly the strength of the team. Colston, Welker, SMoss might be the best 1-2-3 in the league. Spending a 7th on Ginn after that seems like a luxury after that, especially when you could have taken a RB2. I don't know if you needed seven receivers, but you should get great scoring each week.

TE - Miller and Scaife are a good 1-2. Not sure what value you get from Royal, though. Instead of 3 TEs and 3 Ds, I'd have liked to see a third QB and a fourth RB, but this is a good group.

PK - Flying solo with Gould is not great. It's nice to have a kicker with an early bye if you're going to do it, but you're giving up points at the position each week.

D - Three wrongs don't make a right, but you could score in fits and starts. Still, it's the Saints, Browns and Lions.

Overall, this is a huge boom or bust team. Turner, the receivers and tight ends should give an extremely solid base for week to week scoring. But you need at least one of Palmer, Quinn and at least one of Mendenhall and Greene to be starter caliber each week to even compete. Losing two of them (Palmer and Mendenhall) along with Welker and Santana Moss in week 8 only adds to that.

Overall grade: Incomplete

LHUCKS said:
10) Domination

(7) 6.07 Hasselbeck, Matt QB-SEA

(?) 11.10 Stafford, Matthew ® QB-FA

(9) 6.07 Clemens, Kellen QB-NYJ

(4) 1.10 Westbrook, Brian RB-PHI

(9) 4.07 Jones, Thomas RB-NYJ

(10) 9.10 Bradshaw, Ahmad RB-NYG

(6) 12.07 Williams, Ricky RB-MIA

(7) 2.07 Marshall, Brandon WR-DEN

(7) 3.10 Houshmanzedeh, T.J. WR-SEA

(8) 5.10 Ward, Hines WR-PIT

(4) 7.10 Curtis, Kevin WR-PHI

(?) 17.10 Britt, Kenny ® FA-WR

(4) 19.10 Douglas, Harry WR-ATL

(?) 20.07 Nicks, Hakeem ® FA-WR

(10) 8.07 Boss, Kevin TE-NYG

(6) 10.07 Davis, Vernon TE-SFO

(6) 15.10 Vinatieri, Adam PK-IND

(10) 18.07 Tynes, Lawrence, PK-NYG

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST
We are the nation... of domination!! Here we goo...Westy at 1.10... a steal.. I considered him at 5, but feared in a 16 teamer, I wouldn't be able to grab depth at RB to account for his missed time that I think he'll miss. You're ahead of the game out the gate. Picking Marshall who might be suspended over Roddy was a little head scratching, considering Roddy beat him last year AND he loses Cutler. I dont' want this to get into a "WR Rankings" exercise, but the mere fact that Marshall might miss time in a survivor contest is dangerous (unless you have the backup plan for Marshall ready to go...)let's see what you do here... Housh.. SCORE. Safe , solid, I like it. Very strong thru 3. TJOnes in the 4th. WOW. This draft is shaping up nicely. TJones stands out and was the LAST from the 2nd tier of RBs. Really couldn't draft anybody else IMO. Hines Ward... okay, you know what? I REALLY LIKE this pick. DJack is "sexier" but Holmes taken a full round earlier. Now you COULD have went QB here, but since there's a gaggle (7) or so QBs left in a tier with 6 guys drafting between your next pick, I think it's WISE to hold off and get the remaining QB next.... IT WORKED! Well, almost. Hass shares a bye week with Housh, but this is one of those situations, I still pull the trigger due to the circumstances. With Housh, Branch and Carlson, I have NO problem with hass in this format, provided you back him up relatively soon here... Okay, now grabbing Curtis is nice for depth, but in PDSL, here's the rub. He shares Westy's bye week and who knows if he will share Seattle's bye week. That would mean 4 of your first 7 picks on bye... TOO DANGEROUS. I would grab Garrard here and now your combination at QB is SOLID. I really like the Boss, Bradshaw picks and I agree that the Nicks pick has VERY NICE upside, especially if Braylon gets traded, I could see the Brownies snagging Nicks, and voila.. a new #1WR in the 20th!

The question is ... What are you going to do week 7? Marshall, Housh and Hass all on bye... Better hope Clemens is the answer. I think maybe CPep would have been the smarter play over Clemens so you guarantee yourself the Detroit QB in week 7.

Overall --- the Curtis pick didn't hurt you after the bye release, it HELPED you as it's nice you have Ward and Curtis to anchor things down week 7 and your backs are strong enough and don't have the byes in the way. I LIKE this team. I say it's one of the better constructed teams I've seen other than QB. Solid B+ for effort and outcome.
I had every intention of drafting Cpep and locking up Detroit's QBs. But they wouldn't help me Week 7, as the Lions are also on a bye, which is why I went with Clemens.Thank you to TL, Hucks, and even JP for their team evals. I look forward to seeing valence's.

Correction, I have Mcgahee as well.
lol that makes more sense. I was a little surprised. I should have counted your picks. Still, while I like McGahee a lot better than Mendenhall and Greene, he can apparently just drop off the face of the earth like he did last year. I'm still a McGahee guy, but last year was so strange. I'd feel way more comfortable with him as an RB3 than RB2.

lol that makes more sense. I was a little surprised. I should have counted your picks. Still, while I like McGahee a lot better than Mendenhall and Greene, he can apparently just drop off the face of the earth like he did last year. I'm still a McGahee guy, but last year was so strange. I'd feel way more comfortable with him as an RB3 than RB2.
So after Turner, Colston and Welker, instead of Palmer you would have went Schaub, Cassell, Cutler, something like that... okay, then basically you would have went RB instead of Santana Moss to secure my RB2 right? Options were Derrick Ward, Lendale White, Leron McClain and Felix Jones. I just couldn't seem to do it. McGahee FEELS like he fits in to that category of backs, so I chose to secure my WR3 instead. In hindsight, maybe take my RB2 instead of my QB1 and go with Stewy, Pierre or McFadden, but honestly, I think all those guys are just as risky too.. This year, it seemed after the mid 4th, there were NO solid RB2s left that can be counted on, so if you didn't draft 2 of your first 3 picks as backs, this is the bed you made. Thanks for the writeup BF!

I'm still a McGahee guy,
:unsure: Thanks for the writeups Fred.
Ditto. I appreciate anyone's analysis whether it be good or bad as there is always something to learn from an objective opinion. :thumbup:
what would you do differently?
I went too many rounds in between my 3rd & 4th receiver,Driver(7.03) and Jones(12.14). In this format I should have concentrated on getting good receiver depth instead of rb depth. Shiancoe's ok but I should have tried to get better TE's, especially at 2 pts. per reception. I would liked to have had a better 2nd defense since not paying attention and drafting Pittsburgh after they were already taken and just settling for the Titans on a re-pick. Not much I could have done about the bye weeks except maybe not draft Duckett in the 14th and went another position. I probably could have gotten by with one kicker and added wr help. Still don't think I'll make a nearly exit with this roster.I'll take the B and the C+ grades. I think there's several of us who fall into the B category and any of us could hang around for a while and make a decent showing. My team will need some luck along the way for sure because of my WR's.

So after Turner, Colston and Welker, instead of Palmer you would have went Schaub, Cassell, Cutler, something like that... okay, then basically you would have went RB instead of Santana Moss to secure my RB2 right? Options were Derrick Ward, Lendale White, Leron McClain and Felix Jones. I just couldn't seem to do it. McGahee FEELS like he fits in to that category of backs, so I chose to secure my WR3 instead. In hindsight, maybe take my RB2 instead of my QB1 and go with Stewy, Pierre or McFadden, but honestly, I think all those guys are just as risky too.. This year, it seemed after the mid 4th, there were NO solid RB2s left that can be counted on, so if you didn't draft 2 of your first 3 picks as backs, this is the bed you made. Thanks for the writeup BF!
Maybe I don't like Ginn as much as you do, but that's probably the pick where I would have changed things. And it would be to take a better QB2, not replace Palmer. I like Palmer, I just don't like backing up a risky QB like Palmer coming off injury with Brady Quinn. Instead of Ginn/Quinn, Garrard and your choice of 9th/10th round player would have looked better to me. Or instead of taking your third D or your seventh WR, grab Derek Anderson late. Either one would have made me feel better about your team. As for McGahee, I guess my issue is that last year, he was startable some weeks, and completely worthless others. I think he can be a star this year, but it's a risk, and with two other risky guys, the odds are higher than I'd like that you're going to end up with Turner as your only real contributor a lot of weeks. So going back to your thing of swapping out Moss with a running back, if you'd taken Ward, then McGahee would be the perfect kind of upside guy for your team. Does that make sense?

6) Thom Yorke

(5) 2.11 Brees, Drew QB-NOS

(9) 9.06 Rosenfels, Sage QB-MIN

(4) 1.06 Williams, DeAngelo RB-CAR

(5) 4.11 Thomas, Pierre RB-NOS

(?) 8.11 Wells, Chris ® RB-FA

(8) 15.06 Moore, Melwede RB-PIT

(8) 19.06 Morris, Sammy RB-NEP

(9) 5:06 Coles, Lavernaeus WR-NYJ

(7) 6.11 Mason, Derrick WR-BAL

(?) 7.06 Holt, Torry WR-FA

(6) 11.06 Bess, Devone WR-MIA

(7) 16.11 Robinson, Laurent WR-DET

(4) 18.11 Urban, Jerheme WR-ARI

(5) 20.11 Arrington, Adrian WR-NOS

(6) 3.06 Clark, Dallas TE-IND

(7) 10.11 Scheffler, Tony TE-DEN

(5) 14.11 Kaeding, Nate PK-SDC

(8) 17.06 Reed, Jeff PK-PIT

(4) 12.11 PHI-DEF/ST

(5) 13.06 GBP-DEF/ST

QB: Brees is a superstar. Rosenfels, maybe not so much. Strong.

RB: It's highly unlikely DeAngelo repeats last year's success, but Carolina has had good success over the years letting their #2 guy develop while their #1 guy gets more carries than everyone thinks he should. I just never got a good vibe about Pierre Thomas, but I'll assume the homer pick was worth a fourth rounder, especially with Wells as a #3. Moore/Morris is fine depth.

WR: Going light at WR rarely works in these leagues, but going old sometimes does. I like Coles a lot in Cinci. I don't think you'll be able to get him in the 5th in the SSLs, and by August, I think he'll be going in the top 60 picks. Holt's gone to a better place, which is kind of like what mothers in Baltimore are going to be telling their children about Mason. He's like a really, really old bottle of fine wine - you pay for it because it's been good before and you hope it is again. He's also old. The rest of your guys have some upside. Bess could be good. I liked the Laurent Robinson pick a lot that late. I'll trust you on Adrian Arrington.

TE: Clark/Sheffler is a decidedly solid combo. Another strength.

PK: Two guys I've heard of. Good job.

D: Philly's usually good defensively. Green Bay sometimes is. Not a bad combo, not a great one.

Overall, if I liked Pierre Thomas, and Mason weren't quite so old, I'd give this team an A. You have decent depth, and you wouldn't hate fielding this roster in a 12 team league. Unfortunately, Mason is old, I'm doubting Thomas.

A-

2) OldMilwaukee

(5) 4.15 Cutler, Jay QB-CHI

(9) 17.02 Jackson, Tavaris QB-MIN

(6) 20.15 Henne, Chad QB-MIA

(9) 1.02 Jackson, Steven RB-STL

(4) 8.15 Norwood, Jerious RB-ATL

(9) 9.02 Jackson, Fred RB-BUF

(9) 10.15 Bush, Michael RB-OAK

(7) 16.15 Morris, Maurice RB-DET

(9) 1:02 Edwards, Braylon WR-CLE

(9) 2:15 Owens, Terrell WR-BUF

(10) 6:15 Walter, Kevin WR-HOU

(5) 7:02 Hester, Devin WR-CHI

(8) 14:15 Thomas, Devin WR-WAS

(7) 19:02 Williams, Demetrius WR-BAL

(7) 5.02 Carlson, John TE-SEA

(7) 11.02 Heap, Todd TE-BAL

(8) 11.02 Stevens, Jerramy TE-TBB

(7) 15.02 Bironas, Rob PK-TEN

(8) 12.15 TBB-DEF/ST

(6) 13.02 MIA-DEF/ST

QB - Go Bears, apparently. It's not that I think Cutler is weak, but this is definitely a weakness. I'm not sure Jackson and Henne really help shore it up.

RB - Go Rams, apparently. This corps is Steven Jackson and a bunch of #2. Norwood, Jackson, Bush and to a lesser extent Morris are some of the best backup RB options available, but you're going to get some down weeks out of that combo. If Jackson misses time again this year, this is another weak position.

WR - This position is very strong at the top but a little too thin at the bottom. Braylon/Owens is one of the best 1/2 combos in the league. Walter looks like he's emerged well enough to be a quality #3. It's hard to peg how Hester will do, but pairing him up with Cutler may be good news. If Hester, Thomas or Williams pan out OK, this is a top notch unit. Otherwise it's a little thin.

TE - Carlson, Heap and Stevens should get you OK scoring each week. I'm a little skeptical of Carlson's production on a healthy Seahawks team (if that ever happens) but he's not bad as a TE1. Not sure if you a second backup TE helped as much as another receiver, starting QB, or kicker.

K - Flying solo with Bironas costs you a couple points each week. He's a decent kicker, but there was no reason not to grab a backup.

D - Bucs and Dolphins - Solid. Two good Ds.

Overall grade: C-
Appreciate the feed back very much, thanks!QB I drafted Cutler before the trade and would not touch him now. I see a difficult season for him. Jackson will win the job IMO. Hene has is only a hard hit to the shoulder away from taking over.

RB Yes....I took Jackson at number two in this PPR format, time will tell. No 2 running backs is all I need....

WR Hester will break into the top 30. Week nine will kill me!

TE I knew I was reaching for Carlson(whom I like). Week seven will kill me. Very poor TE stable

K One good kicker I have been rolling with for the last few years. It has never caused team OldMilwaukee to get booted. In fact I took third in SSL2 with a total off six points from my kicker for the entire season.

Def I should have taken a third.

7) NoFBinLA

(4) 3.07 Warner, Curt QB-ARI

(7) 9.07 Collins, Kerry QB-TEN

(5) 1.07 Tomlinson, LaDanian RB-SDC

(10) 5.07 Ward, Derrick RB-NYG

(9) 8.10 Lewis, Jamal RB-CLE

(7) 10.10 Jones, Julius RB-SEA

(9) 13.07 Harrison, Jerome RB-CLE

(7) 14.10 Jordan, LaMont RB-DEN

(4) 2.10 Smith, Steve WR-CAR

(9) 4.10 Evans, Lee WR-BUF

(6) 7.07 Morgan, Josh WR-SFO

(7) 12.10 Stokley, Brandon WR-DEN

(8) 15.07 Caldwell, Andre WR-CIN

(4) 17.07 Doucet, Early WR-ARI

(9) 6.10 Keller, Dustin TE-NYJ

(7) 19.07 Smith, L.J. TE-BAL

(4) 16.10 Kasay, John PK-CAR

(7) 16.10 Prater, Matt PK-DEN

(9) 11.07 MIN-DEF/ST

(8) 18.10 KCC-DEF/ST

QB: Hard not to like Kurt Warner after last year's performance. Kerry Collins was told he would stay the starter until they lost. Does a first round playoff exit count?

RB: You might actually have 5 starting running backs, and one of them is Tomlinson. I don't like going 6 deep at the position, but you got pretty good value at each pick.

WR: Steve Smith and Lee Evans I like. Morgan I'm not sold on enough to slide into the 7th round. I feel like I could get a comparable player a couple rounds later, instead of trying to guess who, if anyone, will catch the ball for the 9ers. Stokley's not a bad WR4. Caldwell and Doucet are fliers behind a decent amount of competition. Good 1-2, weak after that. Not bad.

TE: Keller looked like the real deal last season. LJ Smith was a bargain. Solid.

PK: It appears you got a lot of value out of that 16.10 pick. Both look like starters to me. Good.

D: Love Minny. They look like a defense on the way up. Pioli has turned defenses around on a dime before, and the Chiefs have had some explosive Ds in the past. Decent #2.

Only real flaw on this team is WR depth. The second strongest RB corps after Valence. A.

8) Steel Dillo

(4) 4.09 McNabb, Donovan QB-PHI

(7) 8.09 Flacco, Joe QB-BAL

(5) 1.08 Forte, Matt RB-CHI

(7) 6.09 McClain, LeRon RB-BAL

(7) 12.09 Buckhalter, Correll RB-DEN

(9) 14.09 Fargas, Justin RB-OAK

(5) 20.09 Jones, Kevin RB-CHI

(4) 2.09 White, Roddy WR-ATL

(8) 3.08 Bowe, Dwayne WR-KCC

(9) 5.08 Berrian, Bernard WR-MIN

(6) 9.08 Bruce, Issac WR-SFO

(9) 17.08 Schilens, Chaz WR-OAK

(?) 17.08 Burress, Plaxico FA-WR

(4) 19.08 Avant, Jason WR-PHI

(5) 7.08 Shockey, Jeremy TE-NOS

(4) 10.09 Celek, Brent TE-PHI

(5) 15.08 Crosby, Mason PK-GBP

(10) 16.09 Brown, Chris PK-HOU

(10) 11.08 NYG-DEF/ST

(4) 13.08 ATL-DEF/ST

QB: McNabb and Flacco are a decent combo. Not super strong, not weak.

RB: Forte had a good year, but McClain as your RB2 bothers me for the same reason that McGahee bothered me on TL's team. Buckhalter, Fargas and Jones show no sign of being contributors. Not a strong group, and if Forte hits the sophomore slump, it's one of the worst in the league.

WR: But you make up for it with a rock solid receiving corps. Individually, I'm not enamored with White, Bowe or Berrian, but together, you should be strong. If Plaxico plays, and Bruce doesn't retire, this group gets even stronger. Schilens and Avant add some scoring potential. Very strong.

TE: Shockey is finally underrated. Goodp ick. Celek flew under the radar a little if you got him as your TE2. Nice pick.

K: Crosby and Brown have jobs on good offenses. Good.

D: The Giants and Falcons are both good defenses. A good bet to be one of the stronger DST corps' in the league.

Overall: Running back depth hurts. Not enamored with all of the players you took, but they're decent. I think I give this a B but it could be a B+

9) TeamRamRod

(4) 5.09 Ryan, Matt QB-ATL

(4) 8.08 Delhomme, Jake QB-CAR

(?) 5.09 Sanchez, Mark ® FA-QB

(7) 1.09 Johnson, Chris RB-TEN

(6) 3.09 Brown, Ronnie RB-MIA

(8) 9.09 Taylor, Fred RB-NEP

(8) 11.09 Mahroney, Lawrence RB-NEP

(4) 14.09 James, Edgerin RB-ARI

(8) 4.08 Holmes, Santonio WR-PIT

(5) 6.08 Chambers, Chris WR-SDC

(7) 7.09 Gage, Justin WR-TEN

(7) 10.08 Johnson, Bryant WR-DET

(8) 15.09 Engram, Bobby WR-KCC

(9) 17.09 Walker, Javon WR-OAK

(8) 2.08 Gonzales, Tony TE-KCC

(5) 13.09 Lee, Donald TE-GBP

(6) 16.08 Carpenter, Dan PK-MIA

(8) 12.08 WAS-DEF/ST

(9) 18.08 STL-DEF/ST

QB: Ryan and Delhomme aren't a bad combo. Hard to say if them sharing a week 4 bye is coincidence, strategy, or shtick, but you did well with two QBs with week 4 byes last year. I noticed that you didn't take the first two QBs again, though. Slightly below average combo, but decent.

RB: Chris Johnson looked like a stud last year, but a lot of thunder/lightning combos have fizzled in year two for some reason. Still, hard not to like him. Ronnie Brown should take a bigger part of the load this year, and while the wildcat cooled off once teams learned what to look for, he's a year removed from injury. Some combination of Maroney/Taylor should score a few points each week. Edge is still alive? Decent corps.

WR: I'd like this group a lot better with a WR1 in the mix. Holmes took a step back last year but still has a ton of potential on a top team. He'd be a good WR2. Hard to know what Chambers' role is - he was a stud early last year, then Jackson emerged while he was hurt, and with Tomlinson, Sproles, and Gates, it seems like people have picked him to be the odd man out. I'm not so sure. He'd be a great WR3. Gage would be a better WR4 than a WR3. Engram's old, but with KC getting rid of Gonzo, he might get a lot of dink and dunk receptions. Could be a good pick. I don't know what round Walker becomes a value pick, but your 18th pick probably isn't bad for him.

TE: We knew Gonzalez wanted to be traded at draft time, but not whether he would be or where. I think that made him a little bit of a risk, but he's probably still worth 2.8. Lee's not bad for a backup to a stud.

PK: One dicey kicker. Bad.

D: The Rams and Redskins - not a power combo. One of the weaker groups in the league

Overall: Decent at the skill positions. Nothing special on this team except maybe Gonzo. Lack of a WR1 hurts. Kicker and D were apparently not a priority. C

10) Domination

(7) 6.07 Hasselbeck, Matt QB-SEA

(?) 11.10 Stafford, Matthew ® QB-FA

(9) 6.07 Clemens, Kellen QB-NYJ

(4) 1.10 Westbrook, Brian RB-PHI

(9) 4.07 Jones, Thomas RB-NYJ

(10) 9.10 Bradshaw, Ahmad RB-NYG

(6) 12.07 Williams, Ricky RB-MIA

(7) 2.07 Marshall, Brandon WR-DEN

(7) 3.10 Houshmanzedeh, T.J. WR-SEA

(8) 5.10 Ward, Hines WR-PIT

(4) 7.10 Curtis, Kevin WR-PHI

(?) 17.10 Britt, Kenny ® FA-WR

(4) 19.10 Douglas, Harry WR-ATL

(?) 20.07 Nicks, Hakeem ® FA-WR

(10) 8.07 Boss, Kevin TE-NYG

(6) 10.07 Davis, Vernon TE-SFO

(6) 15.10 Vinatieri, Adam PK-IND

(10) 18.07 Tynes, Lawrence, PK-NYG

(4) 13.10 ARI-DEF/ST

(10) 14.07 HOU-DEF/ST

QB: Hasselbeck should return to form if Seattle can wake up from its collective nightmare. I think they'll be OK, which is why I took two of his receivers. For your sake I hope so, because Clemons and Stafford don't really light my candle. Below average corps.

RB: Let's imagine for a bit that Westbrook stays healthy for the whole season. I've always liked Thomas Jones, but at his age, he's not buying any more green bananas. That leaves Ahmad Bradshaw, everybody's favorite member of the Giants committee, and Ricky Williams, who's also old, but had occasional success as the backup to a guy returning from injury last year. Over/under on number of weeks that this four man RBBC puts up less than 10 total points for you: 3.5

WR: Marshall had a suspension looming at draft time, but the Cutler news wasn't confirmed yet, so I can't blame you for that. Housh in Seattle means your QB1 and WR2 will be out at the same time with little backup for your QB1. The fact that Marshall shares a bye week with them hurts, but can't hold that against you because the schedule wasn't out yet, and that's a bad bye week for a lot of people. Ward - old. I like Curtis as a WR4. The other three guys might contribute occasionally, but they're mostly filler. If your WR2-4 start the season cold while Marshall is out, this could be trouble, but otherwise a powerhouse position.

TE: Boss has potential because the Giants need someone to catch the ball. If that someone is Edwards, then he goes back to being a mediocre option. In years past, Davis would have been drafted as your TE1 and Boss as your TE2, but the effect is the same. Middling pair with upside.

PK: Vinatieri and Tynes sounds good to me.

D: I don't see much chance of ARI or HOU ending the season as the top D, but both seem to get scrappy scoring here and there in turnover heavy leagues. Nothing special.

Overall: Marshall's suspension, Jones' age and Westbrook's injury history put a little damper on a team with an exceptional WR corps. This team could go far if it can survive the first few weeks and Westbrook and Jones can survive the year. B-

11) Frank Black

(6) 2.06 Manning, Peyton QB-IND

(9) 9.11 Bulger, Marc QB-STL

(6) 1.11 Gore, Frank RB-SFO

(6) 3.11 Addai, Joseph RB-IND

(8) 8.06 Benson, Cedric RB-CIN

(9) 14.06 Rhodes, Dominic RB-BUF

(6) 19.11 Hart, Mike RB-IND

(9) 4.06 Cotchery, Jerricho WR-NYJ

(4) 5.11 Jackson, DeSean WR-PHI

(9) 6.06 Avery, Donnie WR-STL

(6) 10.06 Crayton, Patrick WR-DAL

(8) 12.06 Randel El, Antwaan WR-WAS

(9) 17.11 Wade, Bobby WR-MIN

(7) 18.06 Curry, Ronald WR-DET

(5) 20.06 Davis, Rashied WR-CHI

(8) 7.11 Miller, Heath TE-PIT

(7) 11.11 Lewis, MarcedesTE-JAC

(9) 15.11 Longwell, Ryan PK-MIN

(5) 16.06 Hartley, Garrett PK-NOS

(4) 13.11 CAR-DEF/ST

QB: Manning is one of the top 6 QBs in the league, but he's too selfish to let anyone else start. Bulger's a starter, but on the Rams. I guess you can consider this a good pair.

RB: Some of the shine is off Gore's penny, and the offense isn't very good, but he's still a top 10 option. Not sure where Addai stands, but I'd like to have him on my team, especially at the price. We'll know more after the draft. Benson's a nice pick in the 8th. Curious where Rhodes was when you drafted him? At this point he looks like a veteran #3 who might get some catches here and there, but won't get much time.

WR: I like just about all these guys. Cotchery is the main man in NY and should get his. Jackson looks like the man in Philly, although that has a weird way of changing from year to year. Hard to get too excited about Avery, but I guess he's the #1 there. Crayton seems like a solid #2. Unfortunately, he plays like solid #2. Randel El should put up those couple weeks again this year where people drop someone good for him then start him while he puts up zeroes. Better survivor pick than regular. Wade, Curry and Davis all had potential. Not the strongest #1 but just a huge bunch of guys who can put up points. Good job putting together a strong receiver group after eschewing the early run.

TE: Neither Miller nor Lewis is really explosive, but Miller benefits from being in on the goal line while Lewis benefits from playing on a team with no receivers. Even with Holt and them drafting a receiver, he should be one of their first looks.

PK: Is Hartley the guy in New Orleans? I don't honestly remember. Longwell's good.

D: One D? Carolina's usually pretty good, but I really think going solo at D is a mistake.

Overall: Strong QB. OK everywhere else but D. Good depth at receiver. B+

12) Jeff Terfertiller

(10) 5.12 Schaub, Matt QB-HOU

(7) 7.12 Garrard, David QB-JAC

(10) 5.12 Orlovsky, Dan QB-HOU

(8) 1.12 Portis, Clinton RB-WAS

(6) 6.05 Jones, Felix RB-DAL

(8) 10.05 Graham, Ernest RB-TBB

(7) 14.05 Arrington, J.J. RB-DEN

(8) 14.05 Betts, Ladell RB-WAS

(5) 2.05 Jennings, Greg WR-GBP

(7) 3.12 Royal, Eddie WR-DEN

(10) 8.05 Hixon, Domique WR-NYG

(4) 9.12 Jenkins, Michael WR-ATL

(7) 11.12 Northcutt, Dennis WR-JAC

(8) 15.12 Sweed, Limas WR-PIT

(10) 5.12 Daniels, Owen TE-HOU

(6) 5.12 Bennett, Martellus TE-DAL

(8) 13.12 Goskowski, Stephen PK-NEP

(9) 17.12 Brown, Josh PK-STL

(5) 12.05 SDC-DEF/ST

(7) 16.05 SEA-DEF/ST

QB: Shaub/Garrard is a decent combo, although Garrard sure could use some receiving help. I'm fairly certain I would have rememebered you taking Orlovsky in the 5th.

RB: I love Portis each year, and he's the kind of back that scores a bunch every week, and you've got his capable backup in Betts. But this is not a good RB corps. Felix Jones is not someone I want to rely on every week. Graham seems to have been supplanted. And Arrington is a shot in the dark. You may strike gold with someone from this group, but it's one of the shakier groups in the league.

WR: Jennings looked good with Rodgers. But you had some bad luck with Royal, who looked like he would be the man while Marshall was out, losing Cutler, and may have more with Hixon potentially getting supplanted by Edwards. Jenkins had some minor good news with the team getting rid of Robinson. Northcutt's 44 receptions for 500-600 yards in back to back years seems like a bit of a reach in the 11th due to a somewhat limited upside, but I guess he doesn't have much competition. Sweed's OK.

TE: Owen Daniels is nice. Bennett may be one of the top receiving TE2s in the league, but that really kills his upside.

PK: Two of the best. Could be a strength.

D: Chargers and Rams - there was a time not too long ago when this was a good combo. Now it's below average.

The main thing that strikes me about this team is the lack of RB depth. The rest of the positions are all average or a little below. Not a particularly strong team at any position. I'd like to give it a little better grade but it strikes me as a C-

14) LHUCKS

(10) 6.03 Manning, Eli QB-NYG

(6) 10.03 Hill, Shaun QB-SFO

(9) 18.03 Anderson, Derek QB-CLE

(7) 3.14 Smith, Kevin RB-DET

(5) 4.03 Grant, Ryan RB-GBP

(8) 5.14 Parker, Willie RB-PIT

(?) 9.14 Brown, Donald ® RB-FA

(?) 20.03 Brown, Andre ® RB-FA

(8) 1.14 Moss, Randy WR-NEP

(7) 7.14 Muhammed, Muhsin WR-TEN

(7) 8.03 Clayton, Mark WR-BAL

(9) 11.14 Rice, Sidney WR-MIN

(5) 12.03 Henderson, Devery WR-NOS

(?) 15.14 Heyward-Bey, Darrius ® FA-WR

(7) 12.03 Obomanu, Ben WR-SEA

(6) 2.03 Witten, Jason TE-DAL

(6) 16.03 Folk, Nick PK-DAL

(8) 17.14 Graham, Shayne PK-CIN

(6) 13.14 SFO-DEF/ST

(9) 14.03 OAK-DEF/ST

QB: Eli Manning is decent, but I usually prefer teams with two QBs. You have one and two halves. Below average.

RB: Kevin Smith might be good this year. The best I can say about Ryan Grant is that he might have been a good value pick if you'd gotten him a couple rounds later. Parker makes this an OK squad, but spending three of your first five picks on RB should give you better than "OK". If either or both of the rookie Browns pan out this could be better than OK. I do like Donald Brown.

WR: I wanted Randy Moss. Mush is old old. Clayton, Rice and Henderson are all "potential" guys. Bey and Obomanu seem unlikely to contribute much this year.

TE: I know Witten's your #1 TE, but no backup? That feels like a mistake.

PK: Folk and Graham. Above average.

D: SFO and OAK. Do we get extra points for starting bay area teams this year? Otherwise, not good.

Overall: Strong at WR1, TE1, and kicker, but after that, there's a lot of just OK. I like a lot of your teams, but not this one. C-

4) Toads

(7) 11.04 BAL-DEF/ST

(6) 13.04 IND-DEF/ST

QB - Aaron Rodgers, JaMarcus Russell - Good. I think both were a little pricey where you got them, but a solid QB combo.

RB - I thought I might have copy/pasted wrong. Ouch. When deciding whether to bank on a guy like Stewart as my RB1, I tend to follow the lead of his head coach. If he didn't, you shouldn't. With your selection of Choice in the 10th round, you made me wonder if you thought that your #1, #2 and #3 RBs actually had to be NFL #1, #2 and #3 on their teams, respectively. "TCho" reminds me a lot of Betts the year he blew up - a capable backup who could do well if given the opportunity, but will go back to the bench for the most part this year. Having to start Hightower each week is tough, but knowing he had the same bye as Fitzgerald is a killer. Danny Ware could be decent, and Jones may have been a steal. Still, this is the worst RB corps in the league.

WR - Love Fitzgerald, and I think he was a fine pick at 1.04. Gonzalez isn't the best #2, but he's servicable. Crabtree is a dicey #3, but rookie receivers have been doing fairly well lately. Austin could be decent. Bennett may have been a steal where you got him. Six receivers gives you enough depth. Above average at this position.

TE - I have Gates as my #1 TE this year. Not sure if you needed two backup TEs behind him, especially if they're both rookies. This position is a strength.

PK - Two decent kickers with starting jobs? Check. Good.

D - Love Baltimore. Will be interesting to see how Indy does this year, but a very good #2. Another position of strength.

It's not a bad draft for a normal league, but in a 16 team survivor, you're going to struggle. Your running backs are clearly The bye weeks killed you, but that was avoidable if you hadn't drafted such weak RBs and drafted your #2 RB (Hightower) and #1 player (Fitzgerald) from the same team. The fact that Stewart shares a bye with them probably seals your fate for an exit in week four, but if you survive it, you could stick around for a while.

Overall: C
Better reevaluate PK. Bryant is a crap pick. Nugent is winning that job and Herman put up an article about it not long ago. Even Mare is no guarantee. Maybe you change your grade to C-.

15) BassNBrew

(5) 4.02 Rivers, Phillip QB-SDC

(8) 6.02 Roethlisberger, Ben QB-PIT

(6) 1.15 Barber, Marion III RB-DAL

(5) 7.15 Sproles, Darren RB-SDC

(9) 8.02 Washington, Leon RB-NYJ

(5) 14.02 Jackson, Brandon RB-GBP

(7) 2.02 Johnson, Calvin WR-DET

(5) 5.15 Moore, Lance WR-NOS

(8) 9.15 Galloway, Joey WR-NEP

(9) 11.15 Higgins, Johnny Lee WR-OAK

(?) 12.02 Maclin, Jeremy ® WR-FA

(8) 13.15 Bradley, Mark WR-KCC

(9) 19.15 Cribbs, Josh WR-CLE

(8) 20.02 Lewis, Greg WR-NEP

(8) 3.15 Cooley, Chris TE-WAS

(5) 18.02 Miller, Billy TE-NOS

(4) 15.15 Rackers, Neil PK-ARI

(6) 15.15 Nedney, JoePK-SFO

(8) 10.02 PIT-DEF/ST

(7) 16.02 JAC-DEF/ST

QB: Rivers and Roethlisberger is a nice combo. Rivers may have his best group of targets yet. Nice pairing.

RB: Barber's a monster, and I love the way he runs. Sproles/Washington/Jackson are all good RB2s on their teams, but not fantasy RB2s. You're going to be light at RB scoring each week.

WR: Calvin's a stud, but I was a little nervous about how he'd do if the Lions bring in a rookie QB. Now that it looks like the Lions have picked Stafford, you're kind of banking on him not starting or getting the ball to Calvin often enough to keep him in fantasy #1 territory. Lance Moore is an enigma. He blew up out of nowhere last year, had offseason surgery, and has a bunch of good receivers around him on a team that seems to have someone new step up all the time. I like getting a piece of Brees' passing offense, but this is a weak WR2. Same thing with Galloway and Lewis, who won't supplant Moss or Welker any time soon. I don't know what happens to Higgins if the Raiders draft Crabtree or Maclin, but he's good for explosiveness. Not a fan of rookie WRs in survivor but if Maclin gets PT his speed should make him contribute a couple times. Bradley/Cribbs complete the depth. Eight receivers should make up for the weakness at WR2 and 3. This is a middle of the pack group.

TE: Cooley and Miller are a very nice pairing. This is a strength.

PK: Rackers/Nedney look good.

D: Pittsburgh and Jacksonville is another team strength.

Overall: You're strong everywhere but the RB/WR positions, where you pieced together a bunch of guys who should score points each week. That's a little different strategy from some of the other teams here. I think I like it. B.

16) Jeff Pasquino

(6) 4.16 Romo, Tony QB-DAL

(8) 10.01 McCown, Luke QB-TBB

(10) 2.01 Jacobs, Brandon RB-NYG

(?) 5.16 Moreno, Knowshon ® RB-FA

(7) 9.16 Rice, Ray RB-BAL

(?) 5.16 Jennings, Rashad ® RB-FA

(4) 9.16 Weaver, Leonard RB-SEA

(10) 1.16 Johnson, Andre WR-HOU

(6) 4.01 Williams, Roy WR-DAL

(10) 7.16 Smith, Steve WR-NYG

(6) 8.01 Camarillo, Greg WR-MIA

(5) 15.16 Floyd, Malcom WR-SDC

(9) 16.01 Patten, David WR-CLE

(7) 20.01 Gafney, Jabar WR-DEN

(5) 6.01 Olsen, Greg TE-CHI

(9) 14.01 McMichael, Randy TE-STL

(4) 13.16 Akers, David PK-PHI

(9) 17.16 Feely, Jay PK-NYJ

(6) 11.16 DAL-DEF/ST

(9) 12.01 NYJ-DEF/ST

QB: Romo/McCown. Romo's been very good, but he missed time last year, and lost his #1 target. I mentioned before the Leftwich signing that I wasn't sold on McCown as the full year starter. This team could really use a QB2. Turns a position of strength into a weakness.

RB: I'm not a big fan of Jacobs, but at the end of the first he's a decent pick. RB2 is a weakness. Knowshon looks like a good prospect, but if he doesn't start from day one, then you're piecing together a RB2BC of Ray Rice, Leonard Weaver and Rashad Jennings.

WR: Andre Johnson is a stud. A little fragile, but you went 7 deep at WR in case he misses time. Roy Williams was disappointing last year, but is the WR1 on a good offense. Where Romo goes, Roy goes, and vice versa, so this could be a great combo or a little slow this year. Steve Smith looks like he should contribute well. Camarillo was good until he got hurt. Floyd's got talent, but doesn't have much opportunity in that offense unless Chambers gets hurt again. Patten and Gaffney could sneak into starting roles. Not bad for late round fliers. This is a fragile group, but a good one.

TE: Olsen could move way up with the arrival of Cutler. McMichael used to be good - not a good human being, just a good fantasy player. Now he's neither, but he's a better player than a person.

PK: Akers/Feely is decent. Two starters? Check.

D: I guess you like Dallas a lot this year. Williams, Romo and the D. The Cowboys/Jets combo is one of the stronger ones in the league.

Overall: QB and RB are weaker positions. Would really like to have seen better backups at those positions. WR is a little fragile but good. Strong Ds. B.

13) Boston Fred

(8) 5.13 Cassell, Matt QB-KCC

(9) 6.04 Edwards, Trent QB-BUF

(10) 2.04 Slaton, Steve RB-HOU

(8) 4.04 Johnson, Larry RB-KCC

(9) 8.04 Taylor, Chester RB-MIN

(8) 10.04 Charles, Jamaal RB-KCC

(6) 1.13 Wayne, Reggie WR-IND

(8) 3.13 Ocho Cinco, Chad WR-CIN

(7) 7.13 Branch, Deon WR-SEA

(8) 13.13 Clayton, Michael WR-TBB

(7) 14.04 Burleson, Nate WR-SEA

(9) 15.13 Clowney, David WR-NYJ

(9) 18.04 Stuckey, Chansi WR-NYJ

(6) 9.13 Fasano, Anthony TE-MIA

(8) 19.13 Watson, Ben TE-NEP

(8) 20.04 Baker, Chris TE-NEP

(7) 16.04 Scobee, Josh PK-JAC

(9) 17.13 Lindell, Rian PK-BUF

(8) 11.13 NEP-DEF/ST

(5) 12.04 CHI-DEF/ST

Already wrote it up earlier, but it's only fair to do a similar style review of mine.

QB: Cassel/Edwards - Two good options. Cassel takes a step down with the move to KC but the team invested a lot in him. Might have been good to get Thigpen, but I don't expect much of a QB competition after Pioli traded an early pick for Cassel. Not a huge fan of Edwards, but he's decent, and it's hard to argue with the guy who throws to Owens and Evans. Neither one is a stud but they make a strong pair.

RB: Slaton is a weaker RB1, and Larry Johnson has slipped to average RB2 territory which gets stronger with the pairing with Charles. Chester Taylor is a good RB3 for this team because he scores points each week and becomes an instant stud with an injury to Peterson. That allowed me to go only four deep.

WR: Wayne and Chad Johnson are one of the best 1/2 combos in the league. Backups of Branch/Burleson, Clowney/Stucki and Clayton should get points every week. Clayton in particular looks like he may get a chance to start over. I really like him as a flier this year. One of the stronger WR groups in the league.

TE: Fasano and Baker/Watson is pretty bad. Fasano isn't much worse than some other people's TE1s, and Baker/Watson have a piece of a New England offense which traditionally gets points to their TEs, it's just a question of which ones. This might be just enough to keep the TEs afloat, but it's one of the worst groups in the league, if not the worst. If the Pats draft Pettigrew, I'm hurting at a high scoring position.

PK: Two good ones with starting jobs.

D: The Patriots and Bears are two perennially good Ds with talent and playoff aspirations. One of the better combos in the league.

Weakness at TE is hard to deny, but I covered it a little by taking three including the combo. No other weak positions, with slightly above average QB combo, average-plus RBs, strong WRs, good PKs and Ds. A-

Been very busy of late but just wanted to say thanks to b-fred and all the others for the write-ups.

I'll try and re-visit these next week after the draft.

13) Boston Fred

(8) 5.13 Cassell, Matt QB-KCC

(9) 6.04 Edwards, Trent QB-BUF

(10) 2.04 Slaton, Steve RB-HOU

(8) 4.04 Johnson, Larry RB-KCC

(9) 8.04 Taylor, Chester RB-MIN

(8) 10.04 Charles, Jamaal RB-KCC

(6) 1.13 Wayne, Reggie WR-IND

(8) 3.13 Ocho Cinco, Chad WR-CIN

(7) 7.13 Branch, Deon WR-SEA

(8) 13.13 Clayton, Michael WR-TBB

(7) 14.04 Burleson, Nate WR-SEA

(9) 15.13 Clowney, David WR-NYJ

(9) 18.04 Stuckey, Chansi WR-NYJ

(6) 9.13 Fasano, Anthony TE-MIA

(8) 19.13 Watson, Ben TE-NEP

(8) 20.04 Baker, Chris TE-NEP

(7) 16.04 Scobee, Josh PK-JAC

(9) 17.13 Lindell, Rian PK-BUF

(8) 11.13 NEP-DEF/ST

(5) 12.04 CHI-DEF/ST

Already wrote it up earlier, but it's only fair to do a similar style review of mine.

QB: Cassel/Edwards - Two good options. Cassel takes a step down with the move to KC but the team invested a lot in him. Might have been good to get Thigpen, but I don't expect much of a QB competition after Pioli traded an early pick for Cassel. Not a huge fan of Edwards, but he's decent, and it's hard to argue with the guy who throws to Owens and Evans. Neither one is a stud but they make a strong pair.

RB: Slaton is a weaker RB1, and Larry Johnson has slipped to average RB2 territory which gets stronger with the pairing with Charles. Chester Taylor is a good RB3 for this team because he scores points each week and becomes an instant stud with an injury to Peterson. That allowed me to go only four deep.

WR: Wayne and Chad Johnson are one of the best 1/2 combos in the league. Backups of Branch/Burleson, Clowney/Stucki and Clayton should get points every week. Clayton in particular looks like he may get a chance to start over. I really like him as a flier this year. One of the stronger WR groups in the league.

TE: Fasano and Baker/Watson is pretty bad. Fasano isn't much worse than some other people's TE1s, and Baker/Watson have a piece of a New England offense which traditionally gets points to their TEs, it's just a question of which ones. This might be just enough to keep the TEs afloat, but it's one of the worst groups in the league, if not the worst. If the Pats draft Pettigrew, I'm hurting at a high scoring position.

PK: Two good ones with starting jobs.

D: The Patriots and Bears are two perennially good Ds with talent and playoff aspirations. One of the better combos in the league.

Weakness at TE is hard to deny, but I covered it a little by taking three including the combo. No other weak positions, with slightly above average QB combo, average-plus RBs, strong WRs, good PKs and Ds. A-
Johnson, Calvin WR-DET > Wayne last yearMoore, Lance WR-NOS > CJ last year

Galloway, Joey WR-NEP > Branch the last time they were healthy

Needless to say that I think you're over rating your WRs a bit. I think you're not giving your TEs enough credit. I grade harsher than most (meaning C is middle of the pack)

QB: C to C+

RB: B+

WR: B+

TE: B-

D: A

K: B-

Solid B meaning top 5-6 team.

Johnson, Calvin WR-DET > Wayne last yearMoore, Lance WR-NOS > CJ last yearGalloway, Joey WR-NEP > Branch the last time they were healthy
That's an interesting point, but I'm not buying it at all. I took Wayne over Calvin, but I'm OK with disagreeing on this one. It's close. I don't put Lance Moore in the same tier as Chad Johnson. Honestly, I don't even put him one tier down. Yes, Moore had a good year last year, but 1) it was Brees' career year, 2) he had offseason surgery and 3) he's behind at least Colston, and has to fight to be WR2, since that team has shown no qualms about moving a new WR into the place of the old one. Colston's the only guy who's been able to stick. Chad Johnson had a down year, but that was more because Palmer was hurt than anything. 85's situation improves simply because Palmer's back - losing Housh is probably good news for him, too. From my perspective, Moore owners have to hope things work right to have as good a year as last year. That puts him in the good WR3, bad WR2 category for me. Similarly, the big reason I disagree is that Branch strung together some nice games down the stretch last year, and comes back healthy. I also look at the Branch/Burleson combo, which I think is stronger than the sum of its parts. Meanwhile Galloway has gotten a year slower and is the #3 on a new team instead of the #1 on his old one. His upside is a little better than Gaffney's numbers the last couple years, but I don't think he was brought on board to be a primary target. I think they brought him on board to replace Gaffney and let the Pats put 5WR sets on the field to keep defenses off Brady.

Johnson, Calvin WR-DET > Wayne last yearMoore, Lance WR-NOS > CJ last yearGalloway, Joey WR-NEP > Branch the last time they were healthy
That's an interesting point, but I'm not buying it at all. I took Wayne over Calvin, but I'm OK with disagreeing on this one. It's close. I don't put Lance Moore in the same tier as Chad Johnson. Honestly, I don't even put him one tier down. Yes, Moore had a good year last year, but 1) it was Brees' career year, 2) he had offseason surgery and 3) he's behind at least Colston, and has to fight to be WR2, since that team has shown no qualms about moving a new WR into the place of the old one. Colston's the only guy who's been able to stick. Chad Johnson had a down year, but that was more because Palmer was hurt than anything. 85's situation improves simply because Palmer's back - losing Housh is probably good news for him, too. From my perspective, Moore owners have to hope things work right to have as good a year as last year. That puts him in the good WR3, bad WR2 category for me. Similarly, the big reason I disagree is that Branch strung together some nice games down the stretch last year, and comes back healthy. I also look at the Branch/Burleson combo, which I think is stronger than the sum of its parts. Meanwhile Galloway has gotten a year slower and is the #3 on a new team instead of the #1 on his old one. His upside is a little better than Gaffney's numbers the last couple years, but I don't think he was brought on board to be a primary target. I think they brought him on board to replace Gaffney and let the Pats put 5WR sets on the field to keep defenses off Brady.
I'll agree with this for the most part. I'd trade my WRs for your solely because of CJ over Moore. If the Hawks take Crabtree, I think I'd rather have Galloway in this format. Since we have so many roster spots in this format, I like to take guys from teams with a big offensive pie like NE, SD, NO, etc.

16) Jeff Pasquino

(7) 5.16 Moreno, Knowshon ® RB-DEN

(6) 11.16 DAL-DEF/ST

(9) 12.01 NYJ-DEF/ST
I'd say that Moreno just got a bit more valuable.

16) Jeff Pasquino

(7) 5.16 Moreno, Knowshon ® RB-DEN

(6) 11.16 DAL-DEF/ST

(9) 12.01 NYJ-DEF/ST
I'd say that Moreno just got a bit more valuable.
4.04 bostonfred - Larry Johnson, RB21, KC(?)4.07 Domination - Thomas Jones, RB22, NYJ

4.11 Thom Yorke - Pierre Thomas, RB23, NO

4.13 Toads - Jonathan Stewart, RB24, CAR

4.14 Ghost of Bill Walsh - Darren McFadden, RB25, OAK

5.07) NoFBInLA - Derrick Ward, RB26, TBB

5.14) LHUCKS - Willie Parker, RB27, PIT

5.16) Jeff Pasquino - Knowshon Moreno, RB28, ???

6.05 Jeff Terfertiller - Felix Jones, RB29, DAL

6.09 Steel Dillo - (4HRs) LeRon McClain, RB30, BAL

6.14 Ghost of Bill Walsh - LenDale White, RB31, TEN

7.04 Toads - Tim Hightower, RB32, ARZ

7.15 BassNBrew - Leon Washington, RB33, NYJ

8.02 BassNBrew - Darren Sproles, RB34, SDC

8.04 bostonfred - (4HRs) Chester Taylor, RB35, MIN

8.06 Frank Black -Cedric Benson, RB36, CIN

Not sure I'd agree unless by "bit" you meant a wee bit. I wouldn't move him ahead of Parker or Ward. McFadden...maybe, Thomas...possibly, but nothing happened today to drop them. I think from the standpoint of him being the last of a tier he got more valuable. That said, NE always used RBBC so I'd expect that in Denver too.

I think my two rookie picks, TE Pettigrew and RB McCoy will be top 10 dynasty picks but not a big fan of them in survivor. Pettigrew should play from the start and get modest numbers. McCoy will spell Westbrook but his playing time will be limited unless Westy misses games with injury, which could be a possibility.

Very pleased with Donald Brown landing in Indy obviously...we'll see his ADP skyrocket now in the SSLs.

DHB landed in Oakland where he'll probably start at the very least in the slot...I think we'll see him drafted much earlier than where I got him at as well.

Andre Brown is a TBD.

As far as where they could have landed, I am quite happy with Nicks & Britt. I think that they both will have ample opportunities to perform, and possibly start.

6) Thom Yorke

(4) 12.11 PHI-DEF/ST

(5) 13.06 GBP-DEF/ST

QB: Brees is a superstar. Rosenfels, maybe not so much. Strong.

RB: It's highly unlikely DeAngelo repeats last year's success, but Carolina has had good success over the years letting their #2 guy develop while their #1 guy gets more carries than everyone thinks he should. I just never got a good vibe about Pierre Thomas, but I'll assume the homer pick was worth a fourth rounder, especially with Wells as a #3. Moore/Morris is fine depth.

WR: Going light at WR rarely works in these leagues, but going old sometimes does. I like Coles a lot in Cinci. I don't think you'll be able to get him in the 5th in the SSLs, and by August, I think he'll be going in the top 60 picks. Holt's gone to a better place, which is kind of like what mothers in Baltimore are going to be telling their children about Mason. He's like a really, really old bottle of fine wine - you pay for it because it's been good before and you hope it is again. He's also old. The rest of your guys have some upside. Bess could be good. I liked the Laurent Robinson pick a lot that late. I'll trust you on Adrian Arrington.

TE: Clark/Sheffler is a decidedly solid combo. Another strength.

PK: Two guys I've heard of. Good job.

D: Philly's usually good defensively. Green Bay sometimes is. Not a bad combo, not a great one.

Overall, if I liked Pierre Thomas, and Mason weren't quite so old, I'd give this team an A. You have decent depth, and you wouldn't hate fielding this roster in a 12 team league. Unfortunately, Mason is old, I'm doubting Thomas.

A-
Thanks. Wells falls to Arizona, where I think he is definitely going to contribute right away...he could wind up with all of the 1st and 2nd down work, as well as the goal line looks. I suspect he'll be a 4th-5th rounder in the SSL's. Finally, the Saints did not select a RB in the draft, which makes me feel even better about Thomas. So far, so good.

Would any of you hacks that gave my squad a "C" like to re-evaluate your grade.

this is your last chance.

:thumbup:

Would any of you hacks that gave my squad a "C" like to re-evaluate your grade. this is your last chance. :mellow:
(10) 6.03 Manning, Eli QB-NYG(6) 10.03 Hill, Shaun QB-SFO(9) 18.03 Anderson, Derek QB-CLE(7) 3.14 Smith, Kevin RB-DET(5) 4.03 Grant, Ryan RB-GBP(8) 5.14 Parker, Willie RB-PIT(?) 9.14 Brown, Donald ® RB-FA(?) 20.03 Brown, Andre ® RB-FA(8) 1.14 Moss, Randy WR-NEP (7) 7.14 Muhammed, Muhsin WR-TEN (7) 8.03 Clayton, Mark WR-BAL(9) 11.14 Rice, Sidney WR-MIN (5) 12.03 Henderson, Devery WR-NOS (?) 15.14 Heyward-Bey, Darrius ® FA-WR(7) 12.03 Obomanu, Ben WR-SEA (6) 2.03 Witten, Jason TE-DAL(6) 16.03 Folk, Nick PK-DAL(8) 17.14 Graham, Shayne PK-CIN(6) 13.14 SFO-DEF/ST(9) 14.03 OAK-DEF/STLet's see. Your QBs still stink, Clevland didn't move a QB. Donald Brown landed in Indy, not Zona...slight downgrade in my book. Andre Brown will be buried on the Giants depth chart, horrible landing spot for him. Harvin hurts Rice. Bey...who knows. You think he stinks, the Raiders see something. Should get pt, but he could have landed on a better team. I'll say slight upgrade, but I'm not convinced. Dallas draft the best kicker prospect in the draft.....hmmm. You still only have one TE. OAK and SF didn't help themselves much on defense.I orginally had you higher than a C but may have to lower the grade after the draft.

So I moved to the East Coast and then all hell broke loose but I thought now that the season is here I'd look back upon my PDSL team and see if I cheer, cry or hurl.

I. PDSL #2 Roster Worksheet

#1) valence

(6) 7.01 Pennington, Chad QB-MIA

(7) 8.16 Orton, Kyle QB-DEN

(8) 14.16 Leftwich, Byron QB-TBB

(9) 1.01 Peterson, Adrian RB-MIN

(5) 2.16 Bush, Reggie RB-NOS

(9) 3.01 Lynch, Marshawn RB-BUF

(8) 19.01 Williams, Cadillac RB-TBB

(5) 5:01 Jackson, Vincent WR-SDC

(4) 6:16 Breaston, Steve WR-ARI

(8) 9:01 Henry, Chris WR-CIN

(7) 10:16 Washington, Nate WR-TEN

(7) 11:01 Walker, Mike WR-JAC

(5) 13:01 Jones, James WR-GBP

(?) 15:01 Harvin, Percy ® FA-WR

(6) 4.16 Winslow, Kellen TE-MIA

(4) 20.16 Rosario, Dante TE-CAR

(4) 16.16 Elam, Jason PK-ATL

(7) 18.16 Hanson, Jason PK-DET

(9) 12.16 BUF-DEF/ST

(7) 17.01 DEN-DEF/ST

2) OldMilwaukee

(5) 4.15 Cutler, Jay QB-CHI

(9) 17.02 Jackson, Tavaris QB-MIN

(6) 20.15 Henne, Chad QB-MIA

(9) 1.02 Jackson, Steven RB-STL

(4) 8.15 Norwood, Jerious RB-ATL

(9) 9.02 Jackson, Fred RB-BUF

(9) 10.15 Bush, Michael RB-OAK

(7) 16.15 Morris, Maurice RB-DET

(9) 1:02 Edwards, Braylon WR-CLE

(9) 2:15 Owens, Terrell WR-BUF

(10) 6:15 Walter, Kevin WR-HOU

(5) 7:02 Hester, Devin WR-CHI

(8) 14:15 Thomas, Devin WR-WAS

(7) 19:02 Williams, Demetrius WR-BAL

(7) 5.02 Carlson, John TE-SEA

(7) 11.02 Heap, Todd TE-BAL

(8) 11.02 Stevens, Jerramy TE-TBB

(7) 15.02 Bironas, Rob PK-TEN

(8) 12.15 TBB-DEF/ST

(6) 13.02 MIA-DEF/ST

3) Ghost of Bill Walsh

(8) 3.03 Brady, Tom QB-NEP

(8) 8.14 Campbell, Jason QB-WAS

(7) 16.14 Culpepper, Dante QB-DET

(7) 1.03 Jones-Drew, Maurice RB-JAC

(9) 4.14 McFadden, Darren RB-OAK

(7) 6.14 White, LenDale RB-TEN

(?) 10.14 McCoy, LeSean ® FA-RB

(7) 14.14 Duckett, T.J. RB-SEA

(8) 17.03 Faulk, Kevin RB-NEP

(4) 2:14 Boldin, Anquan WR-ARI

(8) 5:03 Bryant, Antonio WR-TBB

(5) 7:03 Driver, Donald WR-GBP

(6) 12:14 Jones, Brandon WR-SFO

(9) 13:03 Burton, Keenan WR-STL

(9) 9.03 Shiancoe, Visanthe TE-MIN

(?) 15.03 Pettigrew, Brandon ® FA-TE

(9) 18.14 Dawson, Phil PK-CLE

(9) 20.14 Hauschka, Steven PK-BAL

(7) 11.03 TEN-DEF/ST

(8) 11.03 CIN-DEF/ST

4) Toads

(7) 11.04 BAL-DEF/ST

(6) 13.04 IND-DEF/ST

5) Team Legacy

(8) 4.12 Palmer, Carson QB-CIN

(9) 9.05 Quinn, Brady QB-CLE

(4) 1.05 Turner, Michael RB-ATL

(8) 10.12 Mendenhall, Rashard RB-PIT

(?) 12.12 Greene, Shonne ® RB-FA

(5) 2.12 Colston, Marques WR-NOS

(8) 3.05 Welker, Wes WR-NEP

(8) 5.05 Moss, Santana WR-WAS

(6) 7.05 Ginn, Ted WR-MIA

(5) 13.05 Nelson, Jordy WR-GBP

(10) 16.12 Manningham, Mario WR-NYG

(6) 18.12 Smith, Jason WR-SFO

(9) 6.12 Miller, Zach TE-OAK

(7) 11.05 Scaife, Bo TE-TEN

(?) 20.05 Royal, Robert FA-TE

(5) 17.05 Gould, Robbie PK-CHI

(5) 14.12 NOS-DEF/ST

(9) 15.05 CLE-DEF/ST

(7) 19.05 DET-DEF/ST

6) Thom Yorke

(4) 12.11 PHI-DEF/ST

(5) 13.06 GBP-DEF/ST

7) NoFBinLA

(4) 3.07 Warner, Curt QB-ARI

(7) 9.07 Collins, Kerry QB-TEN

Warner is great but will he stay healthy? Collins is a servicable backup but not exciting. Should I have grabbed Lienart or another 3rd QB? Maybe. I think Warner will survive most of the season and hope Collins can cover for him. But looking back, a little thin.

(5) 1.07 Tomlinson, LaDanian RB-SDC

(10) 5.07 Ward, Derrick RB-NYG

(9) 8.10 Lewis, Jamal RB-CLE

(7) 10.10 Jones, Julius RB-SEA

(9) 13.07 Harrison, Jerome RB-CLE

(7) 14.10 Jordan, LaMont RB-DEN

So the last two picks (Harrison and Jordan) appear to be nigh useless. Ward is trapped in RBBC hell. Lewis might be watching young Davis run past. Jones is Jones. What appeared in my mind to be OK deopth is actually radically thin in Sept. YIPES.

(4) 2.10 Smith, Steve WR-CAR

(9) 4.10 Evans, Lee WR-BUF

(6) 7.07 Morgan, Josh WR-SFO

(7) 12.10 Stokley, Brandon WR-DEN

(8) 15.07 Caldwell, Andre WR-CIN

(4) 17.07 Doucet, Early WR-ARI

Smith will be Smith, but I have soem real concerns about Evans (oline/offense) and am cooling on Morgan (will the light ever turn on for him). Stokely should have the odd good game. Bt Doucet is hurt again and Caldwell is now a non-factor in Cinci or damned close.

Again, hindsite is 20/20 and all that but unless Evans/Morgan pop, this is a troubled unit.

(9) 6.10 Keller, Dustin TE-NYJ

(7) 19.07 Smith, L.J. TE-BAL

Hopefully the one week Keller is off, Smith will produce. Ok tandem, not great.

(4) 16.10 Kasay, John PK-CAR

(7) 16.10 Prater, Matt PK-DEN

Kickers. Whatever.

(9) 11.07 MIN-DEF/ST

(8) 18.10 KCC-DEF/ST

KCC D is shaky at best so Minny is the workhorse here. Two Ds on opposite sides of the street - Minny on the rich side, KCC on the wrong side.

Overall, looking back there are some obvious defects here - I could point to covering Hawaii and USC Pro Day while this was going on as an excuse but that only explains two picks at best. So without a good explanation, I'll just say theteam looked better in April than it does now.

After two seasons where I lasted a very long time (vying for the title at least once) I think I may be in for a quick out. :goodposting:

But that's why we play the game, right?

Best of luck to all and thanks in advance for Twilight putting the shindig on.

15 Weeks down the tubes and it's down to your's truly (Toads) vs. Pasquino, Jeff.

As an example of how fickle this competitioin is: the Toads squad avoided being "kicked to the curb" in Week #2 by 0.05 pts. (Domination = 100.00 pts; Toads = 100.05 pts.)

Some real skill involved there.

Good Luck, Jeff and and Merry Christmas to ALL!

Thanks again to Twilight for keepin' on.....he's the only constant in this Sea of Change. :)

Well, ole GoBW was very fortunate to have been able to last until week 15. My squad just wasn't good enough to overcome Toads and Jeff P's teams. Still I'm happy to have finished 3rd. Didn't figure on getting that far. Best of luck to both of you in weeks 16 & 17!!!

Users who are viewing this thread