What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL #2 Rds# 9-12 (1 Viewer)

P. RiversRoethlisbergerM. BarberL. WashingtonD. SprolesCa. JohnsonL. MooreJ. GallowayC. CooleyPittsburghI really like this team with the exception of the Galloway pick. Rivers was a gift where you got him.
I don't like the RB or the WR depth...both of which are very important. This is a C- Grade IMHO.
Don't worry, I'll add Lelie and Shuan Alexander for depth latter...maybe even Leinart.

P. RiversRoethlisbergerM. BarberL. WashingtonD. SprolesCa. JohnsonL. MooreJ. GallowayC. CooleyPittsburghI really like this team with the exception of the Galloway pick. Rivers was a gift where you got him.
Understand. Normally wouldn't take Galloway, but I think he has more value in this format. I don't think he would have lasted to the next round while some other guys on my radar likely will.

In the previous thread, the Commish stated: No joke. Please stop editting/changing your pick posts Lhucks.

I don't recall seeing a discussion thereafter between LHUCKS and the Commish that warranted the Commish to retract his request for picks not to be edited.

In my research of the rules, I cannot find anything definitive that addresses editing of picks. I have seen this addressed in individual drafts but nowhere else. Maybe someone else can find a rule that is on point.

A definitive rule should be implemented and posted in the pinned rules after the PDSLs are over, before the next draft begins, given that the situation is likley to recur.

In the interim, the Commish has requested that we not edit our picks. That's a reasonable request that, among other things, helps prevent confusion and undue delays.

The Commish did not simply ask LHUCKS only not to edit his picks. He requested LHUCKS not to edit his "pick posts." I interpret the addition of the word "post" to include anything that is in the post where the pick is made, including spelling or anything else. Is my interpretation unreasonable?
You nailed it. Always been this way, if you don't like it there may be other drafts that better suit you.I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't have a rule about pistol whipping someone during a play, but I'm sure it wouldn't fly. Have a nice season.

10.07 Vernon Davis, TE, SFIf anyone can straighten him out, I figure it would be Singletary.PMing next
Good pick. I considered him for exactly that reason. Only problem is that Singletary could just as easily keep him in the doghouse all season, but he's well worth the risk halfway through the draft.

I don't like the RB or the WR depth...both of which are very important. This is a C- Grade IMHO.
Don't worry, I'll add Lelie and Shuan Alexander for depth latter...maybe even Leinart.
this is too funny. Dont forget leonard Pope

Sorry that took a few minutes more than I expected - had to catch up on a few picks...

10.10 Julius Jones, SEA RB 48

I expect someone to supplant him but he might have ok 4 RB value and you people keep grabbing my picks. How I hate you all. :bag:

this is too funny. Dont forget leonard Pope
Unfortunately I've done that myself years past.

10.6 PATRICK CRAYTONMehpmg next
I didn't want to bring this up until after Crayton had been picked, but now that he's off the board can someone tell me why Miles Austin is being picked several rounds before Crayton?I thought Crayton was the WR2 in Dallas.

B) It's okay to change your pick per the rules
Is this true?
I thought so...I remember it specifically coming up in year's past...obviously you don't want people doing it multiple times because it can create problems.Maybe not though. BnB may have change it. :shrug:
in all seriousness I thought you could change your pick as long the next drafter didnt pick yet.But once the next drafter goes, you cannot edit at all.

I didn't want to bring this up until after Crayton had been picked, but now that he's off the board can someone tell me why Miles Austin is being picked several rounds before Crayton?I thought Crayton was the WR2 in Dallas.
Austin has been getting some pub the last few months, only fueled by Crayton's inability to secure the number to slot ever.I don't like Crayton, I haven't for years and I don't expect him to amount to anything any time soon. Austin has a bunch of upside and assuming he can stay healthy Jones has talked him up a little the last few months so I think he could get a shot.He might have gone a little earlier than I expected but I would have taken him well before Crayton too.

As a previously Crayton owner, I decided to cast my lot with someone different who'll amount to a bunch of nothing. Not only has he failed to lock down the WR2 spot, it's basically the WR3 spot in that offense which also has a great running attack.

Austin looked great in preseason last year. The reason he is viewed by some/many over Crayton is that Crayton is most likely penciled in as the slot receiver while Austin has a legit shot at starting outside opposite of Williams. In addition, Austin's speed makes him a decent play in best ball. His issue is injury, especially to the knees.

10.11 TONY SCHEFFLER, TE, DENVER BRONCOS

I have no idea how he will do with Orton or Simms at QB, but I do think he's a decent value here.

10.11 TONY SCHEFFLER, TE, DENVER BRONCOS

I have no idea how he will do with Orton or Simms at QB, but I do think he's a decent value here.
They are trying to trade him too - so he may end up in a good situation (or better situation depending upon how you lopok at it).

I'll roll the dice a little bit with my #4RB selection, mostly because I think there's a good chance he'll be starting for the Cards.

9.14 - Donald Brown
First-ees: he's not been drafted "by the Cards" so crystal balling that he'll be "starting for the Cards" is meer speculation. If you drafted him because of that, that's a rationalization of the first order.Second: check out the draftguys article entitled "The Down Side Of Donald Brown." Just because he hops and has no vision doesn't mean he'll be an average back but that article helped me steer clear of Brown....before he was "drafted by the Cards." :thumbup:

10:13 Choice, Tashard RB-DAL

PM'd "The Turn"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll roll the dice a little bit with my #4RB selection, mostly because I think there's a good chance he'll be starting for the Cards.

9.14 - Donald Brown
First-ees: he's not been drafted "by the Cards" so crystal balling that he'll be "starting for the Cards" is meer speculation. If you drafted him because of that, that's a rationalization of the first order.Second: check out the draftguys article entitled "The Down Side Of Donald Brown." Just because he hops and has no vision doesn't mean he'll be an average back but that article helped me steer clear of Brown....before he was "drafted by the Cards."

:shrug:
I said there was a "good chance"...far from an absolute statement. I saw the kid run several times...he's an NFL back fo shizzle.

9.14 - Donald Brown
First-ees: he's not been drafted "by the Cards" so crystal balling that he'll be "starting for the Cards" is meer speculation. If you drafted him because of that, that's a rationalization of the first order.Second: check out the draftguys article entitled "The Down Side Of Donald Brown." Just because he hops and has no vision doesn't mean he'll be an average back but that article helped me steer clear of Brown....before he was "drafted by the Cards."

:2cents:
I said there was a "good chance"...far from an absolute statement. I saw the kid run several times...he's an NFL back fo shizzle.

I'm just glad that we don't have to pick these guys in a salary cap League....I have three of those and Rookies are a one in six crap shoot.

If you've seen him, that's more experience than I've got. Just check out that article....interesting stuff there.

Still away in Myrtle Beach (frost warning tonight, just awesome) but thought I'd say the following:

10.04 bostonfred (4 HRs) - Jamal Charles, RB46, KC

10.05 Jeff Terfertiller - Ernest Graham, RB47, TB

10.07 Domination - Vernon Davis, TE17, SF

10.08 team ramrod - Bryant Johnson, WR57, DET

10.11 Thom Yorke - Tony Scheffler, TE19, DEN

10.12 Team Legacy - Rashard Mendenhall, RB49, PIT
All of these are solid picks at this point. BJohnson is a starter for a team that needs a WR2 to step up, and all the RBs and TEs here show good value and upside.

Still away in Myrtle Beach (frost warning tonight, just awesome) but thought I'd say the following:

10.04 bostonfred (4 HRs) - Jamal Charles, RB46, KC

10.05 Jeff Terfertiller - Ernest Graham, RB47, TB

10.07 Domination - Vernon Davis, TE17, SF

10.08 team ramrod - Bryant Johnson, WR57, DET

10.11 Thom Yorke - Tony Scheffler, TE19, DEN

10.12 Team Legacy - Rashard Mendenhall, RB49, PIT
All of these are solid picks at this point. BJohnson is a starter for a team that needs a WR2 to step up, and all the RBs and TEs here show good value and upside.
although ONE of the names on this list CONTINUALLY year after year... disappoints...

10.16 Nate Washington

11.01 Mike Walker

Someone please pm OM for me

Last edited by a moderator:
11.06 DAVONE BESS, WR, MIAMI DOLPHINS

The first WR on my squad with upside :lmao:

If he could somehow keep up his late season pace from last year, he'd be a great PPR WR.

Users who are viewing this thread