What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL #2 Rds# 9-12 (1 Viewer)

12.03 - Devery Henderson

The Saints just paid him off so I'd be surprised if his role from last year (800 yards) isn't expanded some. I also like "big play" WRs with high YPCs as my depth in this format.

championship :confused:

12.03 - Devery Henderson

The Saints just paid him off so I'd be surprised if his role from last year (800 yards) isn't expanded some. I also like "big play" WRs with high YPCs as my depth in this format.

championship :confused:
Funny that he was the second player on my list that I sent you.

12.03 - Devery Henderson

championship :yes:
I've had my eye on him for a few rounds...almost took him over Rice because he's "safer"...but Henderson has been going late in the other drafts so I though it was a safe play...it worked out.Love this guy as a WR#5 in this format.

Last edited by a moderator:
12.03 - Devery Henderson

I've had my eye on him for a few rounds...almost took him over Rice because he's "safer"...but Henderson has been going late in the other drafts so I though it was a safe play...it worked out.Love this guy as a WR#5 in this format.
WOW...safer than 1000/8 for Rice. Henderson should be huge.

12.03 - Devery Henderson

I said Rice COULD have that, didn't say he was a lock...if Rice stays healthy he'll demolish his ADP.

12.03 - Devery Henderson

championship :lmao:
I said Rice COULD have that, didn't say he was a lock...if Rice stays healthy he'll demolish his ADP.
especially now that he has a qb who can throw a forward pass.

Domination said:
12.07 Ricky Williams, RB, MIAPMing next
I thought sure he'd make it to me.... but nooooo, Domination snatches him away just when he was in sight.:thefinger: <------ we really need a smilie for this.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Jeff thinks that there will be 20 defenses go before it gets back to him so he wanted two good ones.
So do I
I'm out for the evening. Hucks & BnB have my list.
D/ST teams I'm sure!I hope a couple are left at the turn!
Should'a, could'a, would'a....last turn.The #15 ranked DEF is your's for the taking.....or DEN.......whichever you prefer :shrug:

bostonfred said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
bostonfred said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Jeff P takes:Dallas DefenseJets DefenseJeff thinks that there will be 20 defenses go before it gets back to him so he wanted two good ones.
He seriously told you to say that?
yes and said to include as comments ....
Maybe the shadiest dude ever to join these drafts. I've seen plenty of people table talk to gain a little edge here or there, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone calling their table talk in.
Seriously, get a life.The purpose of these drafts are to have fun with it and get some early ADP info, in addition to adding comments. You really add zero to this draft except for getting under people's skin - or at least trying to. Try and add something constructive now and then.Do you really think that my saying that would make any impact? You're that new here? Or did I mess up your diabolical Round 11 and Round 12 picks? Until then I'll be sure "not to act shady" in a draft that is (A) free and (B) six months before the season.After I had LHUCKS pegged as the biggest whiner in the draft, you are quickly gaining ground.All that said, I'm sure both BNB and Thom Yorke are both :lol: at your reaction.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
BassNBrew said:
NorrisB said:
LHUCKS said:
Regarding Rice...I think he could really explode this year if he stays healthy...1000/8 if he stays healthy.
:goodposting: How did you guys let this guy slide this far?
I don't know....maybe we don't like having boat anchor busts on our roster.
when I first saw this I was thinking Ray Rice.Then I realized it's Sidney Rice on Minnesota. 1000/8 - he wont get that the next two years combined
:goodposting: Just starting at where Sid Rice was last year, he'd need more than 7x of his 2008 yardage....and he was the 6th most targeted Viking last year (3rd WR) and even behind ADP, who gets yanked on passing downs........and he had just 9.4 YPC.Okay, I'll play the game. Let's say he (A) starts and (B) sees the same kind of targets as Berrian. Wait - Berrian had under 1,000 yards despite a 20+ YPC? And he was the #1 WR for MIN last year?Add in that only 21 WRs got 1K yards and just NINE WRs had 8 TDs (eight had both)..... I don't see Rice as a Top 20-25 WR.Sorry, but while I can agree to the part where he's likely to outpace his ADP, 1000/8 is a HUGE leap that I just do not see happening.

I'll be interested in hearing how others would have played the 1.16 spot.
According to my rankings I would have gone Calvin Johnson/Witten.Witten I have at #14 overall.
We can debate that later, and I see others feel the same way..... I can't argue that Witten should see an uptick in value with TO gone but time will tell.Like I mentioned earlier, I had BJacobs and MB3 as the tail end of the RB1 (in a 16 teamer) tier so I had to take him. I can't argue vehemently against picking Witten, aside from saying that I think a TE at the 3/4 or 5/6 turn would be less of a dropoff from Witten than from Jacobs to another RB for your team's RB1.

By the way, despite my contrarian opinion on Sid Rice, LHUCKS did make me take a look and see what it'd take to reach those performance plateaus.

That kind of discussion is of very good value this time of year - we should really discuss some of these picks more (which I think we used to do).

For me, these drafts help me really lock down value / overrated / underrated by the time things really get in gear in the summer.

Oh Jeff. You've got me all wrong. I'm easy breesy. I just call it like I see it, and the way I see it, you seem like the type of dude who peeks at his kid's cards when he plays uno against them. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. You might still be sore about last year when you held up the draft on back to back picks to make sure you were the first to pick after the bye weeks were announced. I made fun of LHUCKS for editing his picks earlier, too, the difference is he hasn't cheated since.

As for commentary, your contributions are welcome in the commentary thread where I was just discussing whether Witten belongs in his own top tier with LHUCKS. We can, in fact, all just get along.

Oh Jeff. You've got me all wrong. I'm easy breesy. I just call it like I see it, and the way I see it, you seem like the type of dude who peeks at his kid's cards when he plays uno against them. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. You might still be sore about last year when you held up the draft on back to back picks to make sure you were the first to pick after the bye weeks were announced. I made fun of LHUCKS for editing his picks earlier, too, the difference is he hasn't cheated since. As for commentary, your contributions are welcome in the commentary thread where I was just discussing whether Witten belongs in his own top tier with LHUCKS. We can, in fact, all just get along.
I was with you on the LHUCKS comments.And I don't have you all wrong at all.... you're clearly one who tries to get under other people's skins, and if you disagree on something there's no changing your opinion. You'll never be wrong in your own opinion that way, so it works for you.That's fine in both cases. I know where you stand and I know where I do as well. I don't care to try and make you agree with me or even like what I say or do. As for "all just getting along", calling someone shady doesn't really fit that bill - but apparently that's just my interpretation of your "easy breesy" way.....

After I had LHUCKS pegged as the biggest whiner ringer in the draft, you are quickly gaining ground.
:confused:
:lmao: Not sure which is funnier, your selections or your shtick.
From the guy that reached so hard for Brandon Jacobs we started calling him Plastic Man.
Ouch, that hurts.... :lmao: I'll be interested in hearing how others would have played the 1.16 spot.
AJ and Calvin????I don't think you got bad value with Jacobs. Not sure why everyone is down on him as he's put up numbers to support where you drafted him. That said, I really like him at 2.16 where I got him in te WSL.

12.10 Brandon Stokely - Den WR66

Not a big time producer BUT a guy who puts up some good points on occasion.... did a search and saw him still out there - off to a meeting be back soon if I screwed up! :thumbup:

PMd TY

Shonn Greene RB IOWA -- Free Agent, possible Future Franchise back for the Arizona Cardinals (pick 31), Cincinnati Bengals (pick 38) or Cleveland Browns (pick 36). I'm a big fan if he lands in any of these situations.

Shonn Greene RB IOWA -- Free Agent, possible Future Franchise back for the Arizona Cardinals (pick 31), Cincinnati Bengals (pick 38) or Cleveland Browns (pick 36). I'm a big fan if he lands in any of these situations.
was on my short list...nice pick here.

We're at WR #68 and there aren't too many #2 WR's left out there.

I passed on Hester at the 6.13 pick, thinking that this guy was sleeping in the backgound:

12.13 Bennett, Earl WR-CHI.

PM'd The Turn

We're at WR #68 and there aren't too many #2 WR's left out there.

I passed on Hester at the 6.13 pick, thinking that this guy was sleeping in the backgound:

12.13 Bennett, Earl WR-CHI.

PM'd The Turn
Could be a real nice pick - thought about him last time up.

Users who are viewing this thread