What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 SSL1 Signup Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
BSS - IN

Thom Yorke - IN

Iwannabeacowboy

DPeease - IN

Reaper - IN

Old Milwaukee - IN

Team Legacy - IN

BassnBrew - IN

Aaron Rudnicki - IN

Capt Hook - IN

RedZone - IN

FullBackFro - IN

DuckBoy - IN

Steel Dillo - IN

EBF - IN

Ministry Of Pain - IN

Yeah or nay please.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN....of course but hoping we are not drafting until after the NFL draft (someone shoot me a PM or email when we have a real start date - pretty buried in baseball for now TIA)

One to go. I e-mailed Cowboy but he hasn't been on since the 6th. We start the Monday after the draft. I'll replace him the Sat prior and get a draft order out that weekend.

Ghost of Bill Walsh said:
I'm available for a replacement if needed. I also posted in SSL 4 for a spot. Whichever one I can get in would be fine. Thanks
Pretty sure it would be a call-up from SSL2. One has to earn their way up to SSL1 son.

Ghost of Bill Walsh said:
I'm available for a replacement if needed. I also posted in SSL 4 for a spot. Whichever one I can get in would be fine. Thanks
Pretty sure it would be a call-up from SSL2. One has to earn their way up to SSL1 son.
That's very understandable. I can certainly work towards trying to earn a spot eventually.Didn't mean to overstep my bounds by posting for a spot. I was unaware that it was a previously formed group. My apologies for any intrusion. Carry on :shrug:

:excited:who gets promoted I assume Cowboy is MIA?
Glumpy if Cowboy doesn't report by the time Detriot picks tomorrow.
Bass. Maybe we should consider Rudy for the last spot. He won his last SSL in '07 and had to miss '08 b/c he was going to be on a long vacation during the draft last year. In stead of being earning a top spot in SSL1 last year he is handed a parting gift of spot in the wait list for SSL4. Seems a little wrong. In stead of promoting Glumpy my vote would be to an SSL Champion who had to duck out a year. Seems the competition would be better.

:thumbup: who gets promoted I assume Cowboy is MIA?
Bass. Maybe we should consider Rudy for the last spot. He won his last SSL in '07 and had to miss '08 b/c he was going to be on a long vacation during the draft last year. In stead of being earning a top spot in SSL1 last year he is handed a parting gift of spot in the wait list for SSL4. Seems a little wrong. In stead of promoting Glumpy my vote would be to an SSL Champion who had to duck out a year. Seems the competition would be better.
What do votes mean to our benevolent dictator?Trust the process. WSL is the elitist SL.PDSL you get drafted.SSL, you've got to earn it, with skill or luck.MBSL are pot luck.Rudy and Pasquino will work their way back up.We won't miss them for long.

:popcorn:who gets promoted I assume Cowboy is MIA?
I've got to disagree. I respect Rudy as a 3 time champ in the leagues, and it sucks he missed last year, but this is a only a one year bump. He can make it to SSL1 next year easily.

:)who gets promoted I assume Cowboy is MIA?
Hey there Fro...gave this some thought and ran it by some others too...consensus was to promote from league 2. Looks like 13 openings and 13 alternates so he'll get in.

BSS - IN 152

Thom Yorke - IN 960

Glumpy - Promoted 633

DPeease - IN 851

Reaper - IN 735

Old Milwaukee - IN 563

Team Legacy - IN 109

BassnBrew - IN 107

Aaron Rudnicki - IN 93

Capt Hook - IN 531

RedZone - IN 766

FullBackFro - IN 538

DuckBoy - IN 737

Steel Dillo - IN 980

EBF - IN 530

Ministry Of Pain - IN 429

Steel Dillo - IN 980

Thom Yorke - IN 960

DPeease - IN 851

RedZone - IN 766

DuckBoy - IN 737

Reaper - IN 735

Glumpy - Promoted 633

Old Milwaukee - IN 563

FullBackFro - IN 538

Capt Hook - IN 531

EBF - IN 530

Ministry Of Pain - IN 429

BSS - IN 152

Team Legacy - IN 109

BassnBrew - IN 107

Aaron Rudnicki - IN 93

Here's your order. ####### drew the same spot as PDSL.

We should have one of the veterans with a lot of access set up the Draft Thread - I don't have as much access as I used to, but will if no one else with more time can do it.

Glumpy how is your sched for this one?

Captain Hook said:
We should have one of the veterans with a lot of access set up the Draft Thread - I don't have as much access as I used to, but will if no one else with more time can do it.Glumpy how is your sched for this one?
I'll go ahead and start it since I'm up, but would appreciate it if someone else could do the updates.

MOP - because only the original poster (or a MOD) can update the first post of the thread with all the picks. I have sent a PM to Glumpy, if he can't do it and BSS has time fine - if not I will handle it (and BnB may have thought I would as I have done several in the past, I just have less access this week and next, but will if others can't)

Captain Hook said:
We should have one of the veterans with a lot of access set up the Draft Thread - I don't have as much access as I used to, but will if no one else with more time can do it.Glumpy how is your sched for this one?
It's a monster, actually--we're abut to break ground on a new building. I'll try to set up the next thread if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread