What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS PLAYOFF THREAD*** (2 Viewers)

Havlat's stay in Chicago was very up and down. They guy seemed to always be hurt. I'd love for him to stick around, but not for the money he's going to want.

Foley has been referring to Joel Ward as Joel Otto all night so far. He corrected himself at first but continues to do it.

Otto hasn't played in the NHL since 1998.

wtf? it's the playoffs and this is a divisional opponent. step your game up, dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh.Niemi is not ready, this team lives and dies with Huet.
possible, but it lives and die with Niemi in my opinion. The fist puck was haunted and second goal he has been covering up the puck like that all year and it has worked. Maybe just coincidence it didn't work this time or Nashville did it's homework and got the puck up. Either way horrible turnover by Brouwer and they couldn't get the rebound. 22 out of 24 for a .916 save percentage ain't too shabby, also considering the long stretches he had to go without a shot isn't always easy on a goaltender. I would have perferred Huet as the starter and Niemi as the backup plan but now that its done I can't pretend Huet is better option, so for me its kinda like commenting on what to do in Iraq after you didn't want to go in the first place. But gotta put up more than 1 goal in regulation time if you want to win, Niemi is far down the list in reasons the Hawks lost.

Ugh.Niemi is not ready, this team lives and dies with Huet.
possible, but it lives and die with Niemi in my opinion. The fist puck was haunted and second goal he has been covering up the puck like that all year and it has worked. Maybe just coincidence it didn't work this time or Nashville did it's homework and got the puck up. Either way horrible turnover by Brouwer and they couldn't get the rebound. 22 out of 24 for a .916 save percentage ain't too shabby, also considering the long stretches he had to go without a shot isn't always easy on a goaltender. I would have perferred Huet as the starter and Niemi as the backup plan but now that its done I can't pretend Huet is better option, so for me its kinda like commenting on what to do in Iraq after you didn't want to go in the first place. But gotta put up more than 1 goal in regulation time if you want to win, Niemi is far down the list in reasons the Hawks lost.
I agree, 1 goal won't cut it. I believe the Hawks need to get back to the relentless forecheck they had early in the season and they need to forecheck more. The Hawks don't score many pretty goals, they need to fight for everything.

reported lines...

Hossa-Toews-Ladd

Sharp-Bolland-Kane

Brouwer-Madden-Versteeg

Kopecky-Fraser-Eager

Seabrook-Keith

Hjalmarsson-Sopel

Byfuglien-Hendry

Q panicking already or at least shows he doesn't know what he's doing. I really hope Sopel isn't on the second pairing. Not sure why the change, I counted the defense responsible for 0 goals last game, must have been the 13 shots during the first 2 periods.

pretty obvious the Preds did their homework. The drop pass on the rush is not working,luckily the preds are slow skaters and don't capatilize on take aways. Need to get Buff off the point and in front of the net, any word on Campbell?

I think Nashville will be alot more agressive to start the game tonight, hoping to get the first goal of the game.

Even if they do choke, I hope the media takes it easy on these kids, and yes, that is what the core of this team is, EXTREMELY young. They may flop a few times before they hit their prime 4 or 5 years from now...

Nevertheless, good to see them kicking ### tonight, VERY GOOD sign of things to come. It's going 7, imo, but they will take it..

I thought we were supposed to have goaltending issues??
:unsure: Can the media and fans stop this schtick? The only teams that don't have goaltending issues according to them are teams with goalies named Luongo, Brodeur, Fleury. Well look at their save percentages

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/bycatego...09&sort=112

Enough with the love for big names and hatred of lesser names.
His one weakness, rebound control, has been much improved in the playoffs. Love Game 4, not just because of the win, but because the Preds played well. Nothing to hang their hat on like in Game 2. Looking forward to being there on Sat for Game 5, it's going to be nuts.

Foley has been referring to Joel Ward as Joel Otto all night so far. He corrected himself at first but continues to do it.Otto hasn't played in the NHL since 1998.wtf? it's the playoffs and this is a divisional opponent. step your game up, dude.
I kind of like the mess up for an old timer but 4 games in and constantly getting Niemi and Rinne confused is bordering Pat Summeral territory. I don't think Foley is that old.Steve Konroyd should be doing this game! I don't want to listen to two face Eddie.

I just posted this in the big thread, but maybe it's more appropriate here.

Rumor has it that Sopel and his wife lead a Dancing Bones lifestyle. NTTAWWT

Chicago is really attacking tonight. Love to see them play like this.
Really? Except for the scoreboard Couver has been all over them. I do like the shot from the point and rush the net strategy.
Chicago just looks faster tonight. Really pushing things.[starting to get a little chippy out there]
I don't think they are playing any faster, they are actually starting to clear the puck out a bit quicker. Niemi is the sole reason we are up 2-0 right now. Canucks and dumb penalties have kept the play in our zone way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread