What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL #2 Rds# 17-20 (1 Viewer)

Looks like we're out of sequence as it goes:

1) Steel Dillo,

2) NoFBinLA,

3) Thom....then

4) Team Legacy.

Team Legacy voted (Jason Hill, WR-SFO) before NoFB and Thom....so, Hill is live for either of those two and NOFB is up.

That's it, unless I mis-read the tea leaves (which has been known to happen).

If either of those two jumps on Hill, Team Legacy needs to be PM'd for a re-vote.

The 38 hours deal may still be in play :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
For Dillo - Plaxico Burress, WR - ???Why did this guy drop from round 6-8 in WSL to an after thought in the PDSLs? If anything I'd say the news is more encouraging now than back then.
Well, he was cut since then.....but he's still worth a flier.
I think many of us feel he's toast.. will never play again.
But that wasn't the prevailing opinion two months ago. I really thought he would go in the 10th to 12th, especially with 20 picks in this draft.

Burress is another guy I've been considering for several rounds. I don't think the Clowney/Stuckey combo I took instead will score more points in any given week than Burress will when he's in, I just wanted to lock up a slot/wr2 combo because I have too many risky receivers in Chad Johnson and Branch/Burleson. He was a great pick this late in the draft.

1) Steel Dillo,

2) NoFBinLA,

3) Thom....then

4) Team Legacy.

Team Legacy voted (Jason Hill, WR-SFO) before NoFB and Thom....so, Hill is live for either of those two and NOFB is up.

If either of those two jumps on Hill, Team Legacy needs to be PM'd for a re-vote.

The 38 hours deal may still be in play :thumbdown:
:thumbdown:

Seriously, how hard is it to know when you're up???

1) Steel Dillo,

2) NoFBinLA,

3) Thom....then

4) Team Legacy.

The 38 hours deal may still be in play :unsure:
In defensre of Team Legacy, I did send him a "For Whom The Bell Tolls" forwarded messsage....he was "In The Bucket" when I sent it. He could have easily seen it, not opened it up and caught the reference, and thought that it was time to vote. :lmao: :moneybag:

18.03 - Derek Anderson

Brady Quinn sucks...bad.
I wonder if this is who BNB was alluding to with the "Still 1 starting QB left" comment.
I figured he was poking me wiht a stick do to the Blue Kitty Kat to the left. As of now, no QB CURRENTLY on the Lion's roster has been picked.Peace
GoBW nabbed CPep at the 17.03.
Ahh I missed that, but overall that is a truthful commentary on the Lion's situation that its designated starter, with Calvin Johson as a WR, is a 17.03 pick.Peace

1) Steel Dillo,

2) NoFBinLA,

3) Thom....then

4) Team Legacy.

The 38 hours deal may still be in play :lmao:
:thumbdown:

I wondered what was up. I got a message I was on deck, then nothing...... so here I am looking to find out I'm not on deck - I'm UP!Sorry for the delay - I have been away from the computer only occasionally checking email to see if I got the follow up PM to let me know I was up.

Not interested inHill as I need a second D - I hope I don't need them though - I waited too long

Chiefs D

Will PM Thom

For Dillo - Plaxico Burress, WR - ???Why did this guy drop from round 6-8 in WSL to an after thought in the PDSLs? If anything I'd say the news is more encouraging now than back then.
But the Giants did offer him a contract...meaning they thought he would be available.
Burress is a knucklehead, but I don't think he'll serve any time. I could easily see him going out west to the Raiders.

But the Giants did offer him a contract...meaning they thought he would be available.
Burress is a knucklehead, but I don't think he'll serve any time. I could easily see him going out west to the Raiders.
Not if they draft DHB.

18.13: Jones, Greg RB-JAC.

The RB's are getting a bit thin.

PM'd GoBW.
great pick IMO. I heard Jack Del Rio on Sirius saying that Jones would be seeing a lot of carries to spell MJD. I was hoping he would make it back to me.
The problem is his limited upside in this format...wont get many receptions and unless JAX offense improves wont get many TDs...kind of like Fred Taylor but less yards, although better than Fred at the goalline.That being said, I think he has 10 TD upside so he's worth a gamble this late.

I really dislike drafting PK's, especially this early....but....the schedule only has so many weather favorable PK candidates....so....if I'm alive at the end :-)pray:), I need to figure that weather favorable matchups for PK's will be worth golden :moneybags:

19.04 :drive: Mare, Olindo PK-SEA

PM'd Team Legacy

I really dislike drafting PK's, especially this early....but....the schedule only has so many weather favorable PK candidates....so....if I'm alive at the end :-)pray:), I need to figure that weather favorable matchups for PK's will be worth golden :moneybags:

19.04 :rant: Mare, Olindo PK-SEA
:drive: You've done these before, right?

No offense, but the PK run often happens from Rounds 13-17, so you're fortunate to still get a second PK who doesn't really have a threat to his job. 26 were gone already.

19.04 :rant: Mare, Olindo PK-SEA
:rant: You've done these before, right?

No offense, but the PK run often happens from Rounds 13-17, so you're fortunate to still get a second PK who doesn't really have a threat to his job. 26 were gone already.
No, I've not this one before. My only experience was with WSL #4 where I saw the sign up thread way late and decided that I needed to get my DD up and working for early drafts (those before the '09 DD issue date).In the WSL deal, I learned (drafted #2 spot) not to pass on a QB in the third round. Mistake of the first order there unless you wanted the #12 QB.

I laid low once that happened and tried not to make picks that got in the way of the draft, passing on logical choices just to see how far players dropped ....to find the low water point for players so to speak. I knew I wasn't in line for anything but a learning experience so I sat back and learned.

In this draft I learned a whole lot, too. I basically forfieted a real good #2 QB (Orton) because I just had to have Austin, Miles as my #4-WR. His ADP turned out to be right after the turn, not right before the turn (8.13 vs. 9.04). He probably would'a made it to the 9.04 but I didn't want to risk it.

As to my two rookie (Crabtree and Casey); if they end up with Bye week conflicts (#4. #5 or #6 generally speaking) or #5 for Casey specifically, I'm weakeneed a bit but that's the way that cookie crumbles for everbody. Overall, the bye weeks were generous for my outfit: three each players for #4, #5 and #6 and the rest spread evenly is better than par for that course.

OldMilwaukee doesn't let much slide past him at the odd/even turn and GoBW nailed a couple of great picks right ahead of me in the odd rounds.

Overall, I'm happy though. Bye week #4 robs my #1-WR and RB as well as my #2-RB. If I can carry through Week #4, I've got a shot at keepin' on a-goin'.

I have TY's pick if it comes up before he is around again - so PM him AND me when it is time for him to go.

Just talked with Scott, he's going to check things out on his phone but he's working at a trade show.

It's Saturday, so bear with him.

Next up in the 'I waited too long for a quality backup: sweepstakes:

LJ SMith, TE, Baltimore

I assume Heap will be injured again by then - but really it was either Smith or a handful of hail marys so I went with the gamble on injury - which I hate to do.

Will PM Dillo

Next up in the 'I waited too long for a quality backup: sweepstakes:LJ SMith, TE, BaltimoreI assume Heap will be injured again by then - but really it was either Smith or a handful of hail marys so I went with the gamble on injury - which I hate to do.Will PM Dillo
Speaking as someone local to the Ravens, I will say that this is a better pickup than you might expect.Heap's more of a blocker now and has really diminished skills. LJ Smith is more of a receiving TE for Baltimore now, for whatever that's worth. That's the big question - how much will Baltimore throw to the TE?

Next up in the 'I waited too long for a quality backup: sweepstakes:LJ SMith, TE, BaltimoreI assume Heap will be injured again by then - but really it was either Smith or a handful of hail marys so I went with the gamble on injury - which I hate to do.Will PM Dillo
Speaking as someone local to the Ravens, I will say that this is a better pickup than you might expect.Heap's more of a blocker now and has really diminished skills. LJ Smith is more of a receiving TE for Baltimore now, for whatever that's worth. That's the big question - how much will Baltimore throw to the TE?
I go into every season assuming Heap will be hurt now - and you're right, with the last couple years he has mostly been blocking. I am hoping that bringing Smith in will signal a little more TE action - and hoping I reallly only need hinm for a bye week, though it's always nice to have two good TEs in this league just in case..

Almost took Smith over Anderson, but thought Smith had a better chance of making it to my 19th pick...I believe he went undrafted in a few of the other PDSLs...f'ing amateurs.Smith is good for at least 40 receptions this year IMHO.

Almost took Smith over Anderson, but thought Smith had a better chance of making it to my 19th pick...I believe he went undrafted in a few of the other PDSLs...f'ing amateurs.Smith is good for at least 40 receptions this year IMHO.
yea was hoping he'd make it back to me also.

Users who are viewing this thread