What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Dynasty Rookie Drafts (1 Viewer)

Just finished our first round tonight. We do 2nd to 6th in August

.5 PPR with TE's getting 1 per 10 compared to .5 per 10 for rest. QB get 1 per 50, 6 per TD with -3 per pick. We start 11 on O and 11 on D. 1 pt per tackle, 4 per sack, 5 per turnover. Can start up to 2 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 2 PK in the 11

1. Moreno

2. Crabtree

3. Wells

4. Stafford

5. Maclin

6. Sanchez

7. Brown

8. Britt

9. Nicks

10. Harvin

11. Freeman

12. Robiskie

13. Curry

14. Heyward-Bey

15. Pettigrew

16. McCoy

Last edited by a moderator:

.5 PPR with TE's getting 1 per 10 compared to .5 per 10 for rest. QB get 1 per 50, 6 per TD with -3 per pick. We start 11 on O and 11 on D. 1 pt per tackle, 4 per sack, 5 per turnover. Can start up to 2 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 2 PK in the 11

1. Moreno

2. Crabtree

3. Wells

4. Stafford

5. Harvin

6. Sanchez

7. Brown

8. Britt

9. Nicks

10. Harvin

11. Freeman

12. Robiskie

13. Curry

14. Heyward-Bey

15. Pettigrew

16. McCoy
So Harvin gets drafted twice. That's unigue. Plus McCoy at #16, i'd take him #10 on back

1. Moreno

2. Crabtree

3. Wells

4. Stafford

5. Harvin

6. Sanchez

7. Brown

8. Britt

9. Nicks

10. Harvin

11. Freeman

12. Robiskie

13. Curry

14. Heyward-Bey

15. Pettigrew

16. McCoy
So Harvin gets drafted twice. That's unigue. Plus McCoy at #16, i'd take him #10 on back
Gotta be the otherwise undrafted Maclin as one of the harvins.

1. Glass Case 1.1 - Michael Crabtree

2. Raider 1.2 - Knowshon Moreno

3. Glass Case 1.3 - Chris Wells

4. Aunt Bunchy 1.4 Donald Brown

5. Aunt Bunchy 1.5 LeSean McCoy

6. Iron Mikes 1.6 Shonee Green

7. ####### 1.7 jermey maclin

8. Iron Mikes 1.8 Hakeem Nicks

9. Buckeyes 1.9 Matthew Stafford

10 Iron Mikes 1.10 Kenny Britt

11 Devil Dogs 1.11 Darius heyward-bey

12 Glass Case 1.12 - Percy Harvin

Round 2

1. Aunt Bunchy 2.01 - Brian Robiskie

2. Pidge 2.02 - Mohamed Massaquoi

3. Glass Case 2.03 - Sanchez, QB

4. Pidge 2.4 Shawn Nelson

5. Pidge 2.5 Rames Barden

6. Devil 2.6 Jarrett Dillard

7. Devil 2.7 Jared Cook

8. Aunt Bunchy 2.08 Brandon Pettigrew

9. Iron Mikes 2.09 brandon tate

10 ####### 2.10 Andre Brown

11 iron mikes 2.11 Juaquin Iglesias

12 Aunt Bunchy 2.12 - Pat White

1. Glass Case 1.1 - Michael Crabtree 2. Raider 1.2 - Knowshon Moreno 3. Glass Case 1.3 - Chris Wells4. Aunt Bunchy 1.4 Donald Brown5. Aunt Bunchy 1.5 LeSean McCoy 6. Iron Mikes 1.6 Shonee Green7. ####### 1.7 jermey maclin8. Iron Mikes 1.8 Hakeem Nicks9. Buckeyes 1.9 Matthew Stafford 10 Iron Mikes 1.10 Kenny Britt11 Devil Dogs 1.11 Darius heyward-bey12 Glass Case 1.12 - Percy HarvinRound 21. Aunt Bunchy 2.01 - Brian Robiskie 2. Pidge 2.02 - Mohamed Massaquoi 3. Glass Case 2.03 - Sanchez, QB 4. Pidge 2.4 Shawn Nelson5. Pidge 2.5 Rames Barden 6. Devil 2.6 Jarrett Dillard 7. Devil 2.7 Jared Cook 8. Aunt Bunchy 2.08 Brandon Pettigrew 9. Iron Mikes 2.09 brandon tate10 ####### 2.10 Andre Brown11 iron mikes 2.11 Juaquin Iglesias12 Aunt Bunchy 2.12 - Pat White
Glass case owned those two rounds. Crabtree/Wells/Harvin/Sanchez? Nice.

Just finished our first round tonight. We do 2nd to 6th in August.5 PPR with TE's getting 1 per 10 compared to .5 per 10 for rest. QB get 1 per 50, 6 per TD with -3 per pick. We start 11 on O and 11 on D. 1 pt per tackle, 4 per sack, 5 per turnover. Can start up to 2 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 2 PK in the 111. Moreno2. Crabtree3. Wells4. Stafford5. Maclin6. Sanchez7. Brown8. Britt9. Nicks10. Harvin11. Freeman12. Robiskie13. Curry14. Heyward-Bey15. Pettigrew16. McCoy
The Stafford pick at #4 was brutal and so was Sanchez, even giving 6 pts per td. After all, you do award -3 for ints and it's a weak QB draft IMO. Nicks and Harvin > Britt. Freeman should be about 10 picks later. Mccoy at #16? Wow, what a league. Finally, Jared Cook will be a lot better fantasy TE than Pettigrew.

There seems to be a lot of Mike Thomas love here.
Won't he fight Dillard for touches? How many runt WRs get a lot of PT?
Ya think?I just thought he was coming off the board pretty high.
1.13 13. ConstruxBoy Perry, Tab FA WR Sun Apr 26 11:11:06 p.m. ET 2009 Pick is Mike Thomas, WR JAX 2.01 14. JohnnyU Cook, Jared TEN TE ® Sun Apr 26 11:34:00 p.m. ET 2009 2.02 15. JPeso Stafford, Matthew DET QB ® Mon Apr 27 6:43:47 a.m. ET 2009 2.03 16. JPeso Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB ® Mon Apr 27 6:44:54 a.m. ET 2009 2.04 17. JohnnyU Brown, Andre NYG RB ® Mon Apr 27 8:09:26 a.m. ET 2009 2.05 18. Fighting Couch Potatoes Freeman, Josh TBB QB ®
I dunno maybe strux boy is stacked at QB but pick 13? Really?I don't see how this guy has any clear cut advantage over the other WR in Jacksonville. Do to compitition this puts him in more of a backup group but there are clear starters still available.You have to really like a guys talent to take them in a cloudy situation over other reasonably solid prospects.

Just finished our first round tonight. We do 2nd to 6th in August.5 PPR with TE's getting 1 per 10 compared to .5 per 10 for rest. QB get 1 per 50, 6 per TD with -3 per pick. We start 11 on O and 11 on D. 1 pt per tackle, 4 per sack, 5 per turnover. Can start up to 2 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 2 PK in the 111. Moreno2. Crabtree3. Wells4. Stafford5. Maclin6. Sanchez7. Brown8. Britt9. Nicks10. Harvin11. Freeman12. Robiskie13. Curry14. Heyward-Bey15. Pettigrew16. McCoy
The Stafford pick at #4 was brutal and so was Sanchez, even giving 6 pts per td. After all, you do award -3 for ints and it's a weak QB draft IMO. Nicks and Harvin > Britt. Freeman should be about 10 picks later. Mccoy at #16? Wow, what a league. Finally, Jared Cook will be a lot better fantasy TE than Pettigrew.
In a league where you can start up to 2 QB I am not so sure that Stafford and Sanchez are too high. I probably would not have gone in that direction myself, but I can see the argument in that format.

He just went at 2.05 in the HA3 Hyper conference. The way I see this year's rookie drafts, you have a solid top 11 that includes the 6 first round WRs and the 5 premium RB prospects. Stafford and Sanchez usually come off the board in that 10-14 range. Freeman follows shortly thereafter and Robiskie is a common pick at the top of the 2nd round. Once you get beyond that point, the draft is wide open. There was only one other WR picked in the 2nd round and most of the 3rd round guys look like reaches and projects. Andre Brown is getting some love, but the other day two RBs aren't that appealing. Basically, there's no clear consensus from 15-30 this year. At that point you just have to take your guy.

He just went at 2.05 in the HA3 Hyper conference. The way I see this year's rookie drafts, you have a solid top 11 that includes the 6 first round WRs and the 5 premium RB prospects. Stafford and Sanchez usually come off the board in that 10-14 range. Freeman follows shortly thereafter and Robiskie is a common pick at the top of the 2nd round. Once you get beyond that point, the draft is wide open. There was only one other WR picked in the 2nd round and most of the 3rd round guys look like reaches and projects. Andre Brown is getting some love, but the other day two RBs aren't that appealing. Basically, there's no clear consensus from 15-30 this year. At that point you just have to take your guy.
If there is that wide of options available it makes me wonder why he is an early favorite over the 15 others?Pretty sure he has been top 18 in several of these drafts.4 out of 6 of the hyper leagues drafted Mike Thomas at2.012.02 15. ebolacolas Thomas, Mike JAC WR 2.04 17. Acer FC Edge Thomas, Mike JAC WR ®2.05 18. ebolacolas Thomas, Mike JAC WR ® So twice taken over one of those 14. Then twice right after. If there were more variety of opinion on this I don't think he would be such a consensus pick.

1.13 13. ConstruxBoy Perry, Tab FA WR Sun Apr 26 11:11:06 p.m. ET 2009 Pick is Mike Thomas, WR JAX 2.01 14. JohnnyU Cook, Jared TEN TE ® Sun Apr 26 11:34:00 p.m. ET 2009 2.02 15. JPeso Stafford, Matthew DET QB ® Mon Apr 27 6:43:47 a.m. ET 2009 2.03 16. JPeso Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB ® Mon Apr 27 6:44:54 a.m. ET 2009 2.04 17. JohnnyU Brown, Andre NYG RB ® Mon Apr 27 8:09:26 a.m. ET 2009 2.05 18. Fighting Couch Potatoes Freeman, Josh TBB QB ®
I dunno maybe strux boy is stacked at QB but pick 13? Really?I don't see how this guy has any clear cut advantage over the other WR in Jacksonville. Do to compitition this puts him in more of a backup group but there are clear starters still available.You have to really like a guys talent to take them in a cloudy situation over other reasonably solid prospects.
Love Mike Thomas actually. Don't like the QBs at all or Cook that much and have Schaub/Garrard and Zach Miller as starters. I'm not afraid of Dillard and Walker needs to show he can stay healthy. Seems like a good bet from my point of view. :goodposting:

He just went at 2.05 in the HA3 Hyper conference. The way I see this year's rookie drafts, you have a solid top 11 that includes the 6 first round WRs and the 5 premium RB prospects. Stafford and Sanchez usually come off the board in that 10-14 range. Freeman follows shortly thereafter and Robiskie is a common pick at the top of the 2nd round.

Once you get beyond that point, the draft is wide open. There was only one other WR picked in the 2nd round and most of the 3rd round guys look like reaches and projects. Andre Brown is getting some love, but the other day two RBs aren't that appealing. Basically, there's no clear consensus from 15-30 this year. At that point you just have to take your guy.
Agree completely. Difference is for me that I don't have any interest in the QBs. Wanted Robiskie or Britt and just missed them by one pick after trading back from 1.07 because I just missed Nicks, Brown and McCoy. At that point, I thought it might be risky to wait on Thomas until 2.07.

If there is that wide of options available it makes me wonder why he is an early favorite over the 15 others?Pretty sure he has been top 18 in several of these drafts.
He got a lot of love from some of the draft crew around here and I think he's definitely a better athlete than most of the guys picked in rounds 3+. A lot of the names in that range look like DOA busts (Patrick Turner, Juaquin Iglesias, Derrick Williams, Glen Coffee, etc). I have a couple of the second tier WRs ahead of Thomas, but I can see why people have been gravitating towards him in drafts.

Love Mike Thomas actually. Don't like the QBs at all or Cook that much and have Schaub/Garrard and Zach Miller as starters. I'm not afraid of Dillard and Walker needs to show he can stay healthy. Seems like a good bet from my point of view. :lmao:
hmmI couldn't pass on a QB or a few other guys for Thomas. But I might just not realize how good he is. That might be why this stood out to me. Even if you don't like the QBs they are going to play and get their chances. To me that is just a wiser investment than a 3rd WR on a ball control offense who has more odds against them to really be useful in FF.

Eh, I disagree. But different strokes for different folks, right? FWIW, I got the RB (Peerman) and the TE (Nelson) I wanted later in the draft. So really I just missed out on Stafford and Sanchez and I don't really think I missed out.

PPR Rookie Draft that started this morning:

1.01 - CKC - Crabtree

1.02 - Broncofan - Moreno

1.03 - Niner - Wells

1.04 - Broncofan - Mccoy

1.05 - Broncofan - Brown

1.06 - Broncofan - Maclin

1.07 - Broncofan - Nicks

1.08 - Ravens - Harvin

1.09 - Mach - DHB

1.10 - Broncofan - Britt

1.11 - Broncofan - Greene

1.12 - Niner - Sanchez

2.01 - Broncofan - Stafford

2.02 - Garlicduck - Robiskie

2.03 - Coinflip - Pettigrew

2.04 - Wick - Cook

2.05 - Saintsdave - J.Davis

2.06 - Wick - Tate

2.07 - Saintsdave - D.Williams

2.08 - Broncofan - M.Thomas

2.09 - Coinflip - Iglesias

2.10 - Mach - Freeman

2.11 - Saintsdave - Coffman

2.12 - Broncofan - Massaquoi

It was alot of fun to say the least :loco:

yeah, past that you are really making abet on either talent or situation. Per normal, will be a couple from each who payoff even as rookiees, but nothing truly excites me as a combination of both.

In a league where you can start up to 2 QB I am not so sure that Stafford and Sanchez are too high. I probably would not have gone in that direction myself, but I can see the argument in that format.
Looks like they do it before the draft too. McCoy was a steal, shocking really. Otherwise, in a 2 QB, PPR league, I can see taking Sanchez and Stafford top 5. I'm in a position where I'll probably walk away with Sanchez at 1.12 (won the league last year with Warner starting), and I'm liking the possibility.

PPR Rookie Draft that started this morning:1.01 - CKC - Crabtree1.02 - Broncofan - Moreno1.03 - Niner - Wells1.04 - Broncofan - Mccoy1.05 - Broncofan - Brown1.06 - Broncofan - Maclin1.07 - Broncofan - Nicks1.08 - Ravens - Harvin1.09 - Mach - DHB1.10 - Broncofan - Britt1.11 - Broncofan - Greene1.12 - Niner - Sanchez2.01 - Broncofan - Stafford2.02 - Garlicduck - Robiskie2.03 - Coinflip - Pettigrew2.04 - Wick - Cook2.05 - Saintsdave - J.Davis2.06 - Wick - Tate2.07 - Saintsdave - D.Williams2.08 - Broncofan - M.Thomas2.09 - Coinflip - Iglesias2.10 - Mach - Freeman2.11 - Saintsdave - Coffman2.12 - Broncofan - MassaquoiIt was alot of fun to say the least :)
dude.. how did u get all those pick

2.07 19. Cuban Bee Thomas, Mike JAC WR ® Wed Apr 29 12:58:13 p.m. ET 20092.08 20. Oprah's Va-Jay-Jay Dillard, Jarett JAC WR ® Wed Apr 29 1:02:43 p.m. ET 2009 The Kid with the Jumpsonly 10 WRs take before those 2

Thomas and Dillard are the heirs apparent in Jacksonville. They'll both be starters down the road. With the Jags sour on Northcutt and Walker's inability to stay healthy, there's a very real chance that one of them will be WR2 in Jax this year. If Holt has nothing left, which is entirely possible, then they could both be starting by 2010.

Really, it's just a prime situation for two excellent talents to succeed. I prefer Thomas because I think he has good hands, is tougher and has amazing separation, which means he can do more with less. However, I think if I wind up with either one of them in the draft, I'll consider it a good thing.

I am seeing how people may be excited about the Jaguars passing offense because of their landing 2 starting tackles in the draft.

But what is the upside of Dillard or Thomas in this offense really? The next Northcutt maybe is something to get excited about?

I am seeing how people may be excited about the Jaguars passing offense because of their landing 2 starting tackles in the draft.But what is the upside of Dillard or Thomas in this offense really? The next Northcutt maybe is something to get excited about?
It wasn't that long ago that Jimmy Smith was putting up good numbers in JAX.

I am seeing how people may be excited about the Jaguars passing offense because of their landing 2 starting tackles in the draft.But what is the upside of Dillard or Thomas in this offense really? The next Northcutt maybe is something to get excited about?
The reason Jacksonville hasn't had a productive WR since Smith/McCardell is because they haven't had a good WR since then.The only limiting factor on the upside of these two rooks is their own talent.

That was pretty long ago and not really part of the Del Rio era.I am open to the idea and been reading more on these 2 rookie WR. I am still not seeing a WR2 (for FF) here. I am seeing 2 rookie WR competing for a roster spot on a ball control team. The upside looks like a WR3 that you may or may not use on bye weeks/matchups in 3WR leagues.Not exciting enough for me at the top of the 2nd round but I may still just be missing out on how great Dillard and Thomas are.

That was pretty long ago and not really part of the Del Rio era.I am open to the idea and been reading more on these 2 rookie WR. I am still not seeing a WR2 (for FF) here. I am seeing 2 rookie WR competing for a roster spot on a ball control team. The upside looks like a WR3 that you may or may not use on bye weeks/matchups in 3WR leagues.Not exciting enough for me at the top of the 2nd round but I may still just be missing out on how great Dillard and Thomas are.
Del Rio might not even be the coach a year from now. I think you're looking at it from a narrow viewpoint. I'm not saying either player is a star, but if one or both of them end up being quality NFL players then there's no reason why they can't produce good stats at some point in the future.

Del Rio might not even be the coach a year from now. I think you're looking at it from a narrow viewpoint. I'm not saying either player is a star, but if one or both of them end up being quality NFL players then there's no reason why they can't produce good stats at some point in the future.
I might be so thanks for hearing me out.Here is another perspective I have on this.The Bengals last year did something similar to what Jacksonville did by taking 2 WRs in rounds 2 and 3. Palmer and the Bengals offense is more geared towards the passing game than the Jaguars. Caldwell and Simpson were not high 2nd round picks. They were drafted more in the round 3-5 range.So either these WR are more talented than Caldwell and Simpson or people are over-estimating the value of the situation. I might be wrong but I think it is more likely the later.

Users who are viewing this thread