What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 1 Teams and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Old Milwaukee

1.08-A.Johnson-WR: Love him

2.09-Drew Brees-QB: I had both Brees and AJ in SSL IV last year so I am going to say once again, love him.

3.08-M.Lynch-RB: Not sure what tot hink about him at this point. I think Ronnie Brown was a superior pick at 3.06 and I think you panicked a bit and went for what looke good on the surface. This could become a 3 headed monster at RB.

4.09-J.Addai-RB: I like him enough but maybe you should have gone for Brown as well to balance this pick.

5.08-T.Holt-WR: 30+ WR that will catch a lot of balls, next.

6.09-J.Carlson-TE: Good value

7.08-S.Breaston-WR: Left me scratching my head here. How often has a WR3 posted 1,000 yds on their team consecutive seasons?

8.09-R.Mendenhall-RB: Good value, could be a big part of the ground attack in Pitt this year.

9.08-M.Clayton-WR: I like the upside at this point in the draft.

Fullback Fro

1.09-LaDainian Tomlinson-RB: I like him and probably a little higher on him then most. If I was lucky enough to take LT at the 1.09 in redraft, I would definitely be looking for Sproles at some point as my RB3 to back this play. I understand rosters are tight, but no way is Sproles going to collect over $6,500,000.00 and never touch the ball. I think there will be a little more of a split than we have seen in the past.

2.08-Tony Gonzalez-TE: I see a dip in his numbers going to Atlanta. He’s solid but even after the trade it took him over a week to leave KC. I think this will be tough on Gonzo, and I would not be surprised if he slipped out of the top3, maybe even the top5 which will make this pick a little less great.

3.09-B.Edwards-WR: I want to believe he will emerge back in his 2007 form.

4.08-D.McFadden-RB: He is having some problems adjusting to the NFL. I don’t see the need to grab him here when there was plenty of RBs in the next few rounds that might have offered more value. If he can make major leaps this year, this could be a great pick. Emmitt Smith didn’t rush for 1,000 yds his rookie year and he turned out alright.

5.09-Carson Palmer-QB: Excellent value.

6.08-L.Coles-WR: Love this pick after you nailed down the QB, little double dip on the passing attack which can really make a difference some weeks. Love what you did in the 5th and 6th rounds. Another 30+ WR that isn’t sexy but is very effective.

7.09-Ted Ginn Jr-WR: I like his upside, year 3, not a lot in Miami to push him. Good solid pick.

8.08-J.Delhomme-QB: I don’t think you needed this after you stole Palmer but you could do worse than add a QB with the resume of Delhomme to your team, gives you a very strong QB position in a 16 team league IMHO.

9.08-P.Harvin-WR: Boom or bust pick. History is not on his side.

Captain Hook

1.10-Matt Forte-RB: One of the best 1st round picks, was in my top3-4 RBs on my board so you even milked a little value here IMO.

2.07-Roddy White-WR: Not as high on him as others are. Should do well but I won’t be surprised to see a small downtick in his numbers. Still good, just not a top10 candidate to me this year. I thin things might get shared a little more this year.

3.10-E.Royal-WR: Don’t like this pick at all. No way Denver is going to be as explosive in the passing game IMO. I have even more to say about this but I have to stop at this point because it could impact my draft the rest of the way.

4.07-KW II-TE: Getting him 2 rounds after guys like Gates and Gonzo is nice, just not sure of the QB situation there.

5.10-Big Ben: As I predicted alst year, better chance of 20 TDs than repeating his 30+ form the year before. My stance has not changed. Very run of the mill FF numbers.

6.07-LenDale White-RB: Ok to pair with Forte but I don’t see a ton of upside with him. CJ3 will get even more touches this eyar and I see White with a reduced role of sorts.

7.10-Fred Jackson-RB: And the advantage of taking him here for your team? It’s the 7th round and you are drafting your RB3 when you have some real issues at WR that need to get ironed out. Not a fan of this pick for your team.

8.07-Miles Austin-WR: Dude had 13 catches last season and couldn’t stay healthy to save his life. Good Luck.

9.10-Justin Gage-WR: Good spot to take him and he helps your WR stable. I like Gage right now and although TN is limited that is why you get him in the 9th round instead of having to spend say a 3rd for him. Laugh if you want but Gage might end up with better numbers than Royal, and that isn’t a good thing for you.

EBF

1.11-R.Wayne-WR: Won’t be a top5 WR this year. He has been hiding for awhile, has no blazing speed, will struggle some this year as I expect the entire Indy offense to sputter a bit. New era in Indy. Is this a good pick if he gets 80/1200/8 TDs? Maybe.

2.06-A.Gates-TE: Decided to grab a TE early. Don’t like this because you took a WR in the 1st. I think you had to come back with a RB/WR here. You are not so good at WR that you can just start filling up in other slots. I think those that took a TE early did so at the expense of other positions.

3.11-A.Rodger-QB: What were you thinking? Chasing last year’s stats perhaps? He was healthy 1 year and you are ready to grab him at the 3.11? Seriously EBF, if this was your plan then you should have gotten Drew Brees in the 2nd…Rodgers is a poor man’s Drew Brees this year and I expect you to have a serious road mine here. There are going to be road mines in the first 5-6 rounds and I think you put your foot right down on one of them.

4.06-P.Thomas-RB: I like this pick because I was leaning to take him in the 4th as well. Could do worse at Rb at this stage.

5.11-C.Wells-RB: You love the players with medical reports in the 1st paragraph of their resumes. Wells will get the ball but he splits with Hightower and he just plain gets hurt a lot. His style of running leads to that but I am sure a BMI expert like you already has done the math.

6.06-D.Mason-WR: The one 30+WR that I am shy of this year…really getting long in the tooth and the Baltimore Passing attack if you can call it that is pretty suspect.

7.11-C.Taylor-RB: Not a good pick for you because he doesn’t touch the ball enough now. I would have grabbed Donald Brown if I were you at this point. He is going to see a lot more carries than Chester Taylor will behind ADP.

8.06-J.Flacco-QB: Other than just getting a back up QB, where is the upside here? You took Rodgers in the 3rd, then grab Flacco? Other needs were better for your team at this stage.

9.11-Hakeem Nicks-WR: Will have better stats than Crabtree taken 3 rounds earlier, like the pick but I would have liked him better as your WR4, not WR3.

This team is being held together with toothpicks and scotch tape seriously. Get your SSL IV sig ready for next season.

BSS

1.13-S.Slaton-RB: Big reach IMO. Side bet he doesn’t come close to his 2008 rookie numbers again?

2.04-Marques Colston-WR: Misses time as of late.

3.13-K.Warner-QB: When has he ever posted back to back numbers like the ones he posted in 2008? He is injury prone and I doubt he can make all year.

4.04-R.Williams-WR: Another WR that never lives up to billing, maybe in year 5 he can do it.

5.13-V.Jackson-WR: Impressive numbers last year but I think the offense will be geared to run through the RB tandem of LT/Sproles so I don’t think he can duplicate even what he did alst year which makes this a rough pick in the 5th round.

6.04-D.Ward-RB: Was on my radar for sure in the 6th, nice pick.

7.13-Trent Edwards-QB: You had Warner who you blew a 3rd on and you come right back in the 7th and nab Edwards? I’m lost.

8.04-T.Scheffler-TE: What team will he play for?

9.13-L.Maroney-RB: Really? Slaton, Ward, and now Maroney…I don’t know…just doesn’t work for me but you’re a champion so WTH do I know?

BSS

1.13-S.Slaton-RB: Big reach IMO. Side bet he doesn’t come close to his 2008 rookie numbers again?

3.13-K.Warner-QB: When has he ever posted back to back numbers like the ones he posted in 2008? He is injury prone and I doubt he can make all year.

4.04-R.Williams-WR: Another WR that never lives up to billing, maybe in year 5 he can do it.

5.13-V.Jackson-WR: Impressive numbers last year but I think the offense will be geared to run through the RB tandem of LT/Sproles so I don’t think he can duplicate even what he did alst year which makes this a rough pick in the 5th round.

7.13-Trent Edwards-QB: You had Warner who you blew a 3rd on and you come right back in the 7th and nab Edwards? I’m lost.

9.13-L.Maroney-RB: Really? Slaton, Ward, and now Maroney…I don’t know…just doesn’t work for me but you’re a champion so WTH do I know?
bolded = EXACTLYand if you didnt notice by the time my 9th pick came around all of the QB were gone, all of them. good luck finding a starter at the end of round 9.

BTW all the poeple grabbing Fitz and Boldin early better hope that Warner stays healthy or they will be booted just as early.

Im all over that Slaton bet, lets work on some minimum type numbers.

How good is Romo gonna be (on your team BTW) if Roy doenst perform?

Who is your backup QB? everything left is a mess!

Last edited by a moderator:
BSS

bolded = EXACTLYand if you didnt notice by the time my 9th pick came around all of the QB were gone, all of them. good luck finding a starter at the end of round 9.

BTW all the poeple grabbing Fitz and Boldin early better hope that Warner stays healthy or they will be booted just as early.

I was being facetious

BSS

I was being facetious
touche!I love smack talk.

BTW Im still bitter over DeAngelo smashing my face in the FIX league playoffs.

EBF1.11-R.Wayne-WR: Won’t be a top5 WR this year. He has been hiding for awhile, has no blazing speed, will struggle some this year as I expect the entire Indy offense to sputter a bit. New era in Indy. Is this a good pick if he gets 80/1200/8 TDs? Maybe. 2.06-A.Gates-TE: Decided to grab a TE early. Don’t like this because you took a WR in the 1st. I think you had to come back with a RB/WR here. You are not so good at WR that you can just start filling up in other slots. I think those that took a TE early did so at the expense of other positions. 3.11-A.Rodger-QB: What were you thinking? Chasing last year’s stats perhaps? He was healthy 1 year and you are ready to grab him at the 3.11? Seriously EBF, if this was your plan then you should have gotten Drew Brees in the 2nd…Rodgers is a poor man’s Drew Brees this year and I expect you to have a serious road mine here. There are going to be road mines in the first 5-6 rounds and I think you put your foot right down on one of them.4.06-P.Thomas-RB: I like this pick because I was leaning to take him in the 4th as well. Could do worse at Rb at this stage. 5.11-C.Wells-RB: You love the players with medical reports in the 1st paragraph of their resumes. Wells will get the ball but he splits with Hightower and he just plain gets hurt a lot. His style of running leads to that but I am sure a BMI expert like you already has done the math. 6.06-D.Mason-WR: The one 30+WR that I am shy of this year…really getting long in the tooth and the Baltimore Passing attack if you can call it that is pretty suspect. 7.11-C.Taylor-RB: Not a good pick for you because he doesn’t touch the ball enough now. I would have grabbed Donald Brown if I were you at this point. He is going to see a lot more carries than Chester Taylor will behind ADP. 8.06-J.Flacco-QB: Other than just getting a back up QB, where is the upside here? You took Rodgers in the 3rd, then grab Flacco? Other needs were better for your team at this stage.9.11-Hakeem Nicks-WR: Will have better stats than Crabtree taken 3 rounds earlier, like the pick but I would have liked him better as your WR4, not WR3. This team is being held together with toothpicks and scotch tape seriously. Get your SSL IV sig ready for next season.
You gave me a good laugh. I'll keep this quick:Wayne - Rock solid WR1. 80+ catches four years in a row. In the prime of his career. :goodposting: Gates - He was hurt in 2008 and he still had good stats. I don't think you realize how valuable he is in this format. Rodgers - 4000+ yards, 28 TDs, and a 93.8 QB rating in his first season as a starter. Difference maker.Thomas - Should have a good year alongside Reggie.Wells - First round starter in a high-powered offense. Huge value at RB28.Mason - Suspect passing attack? Like the one he caught 183 balls in over the last two seasons? Yea...Chester - Catches passes. Low risk RB3. Big upside if Peterson gets hurt. Flacco - Job security is all I need behind Rodgers. That's what he was picked for.Nicks - WR1 in a productive passing attack. Solid WR3 in a 16 team league. I think I'm having a good draft. I got three anchors in the first three rounds and the depth is filling in nicely.

Reaper1.06-L.Fitzgerald-WR: Who is going to say that he is a bad pick?2.11-G.Jennings-WR: Makes a dynamic WR2 for your team. 3.06-R.Brown-RB: I wanted him at the 3.12…love the pick. Very strong 1-2-3 to start the draft. 4.11-R.Grant-RB: he is going to be up and down but considering you waited on RBs till the 3rd round, he makes for a nice RB2 on this team. 5.06-M.Ryan-QB: I like him a lot this year. If he can progress, you might have some real value here. 6.11-Z.Miller-TE: Solid. Guy has a otn of upside if he can get some help out of his QB. 7.06-L.Washington-RB: Homer8.11-A.Bradhsaw-RB: Like this pick a lot, almost took him myself but I didn’t want to fill my RB5 spot in the 8th/9th round. This makes me like the Washington pick a little more. 9.06-K.Collins-QB: Don’t like this pick. I know you have a nice 1-2 at WR, so do I but you must start 3 slots every week and I think you are going to have a group of WR4 on their own teams at the rate you are going.
Thanks for the write up. Seems like you liked a lot of players here.... As for Kerry Collins, I knew I wanted a starting QB2 and this was basically my last shot. I took Bradshaw over Collins at the turn figuring I was just as happy with Collins over Jason Campbell... If you look at Collins Stats, he did put up better numbers as the season progressed and he should have much better targets now plus possibly a defense slightly worse???? Without an Ultra Stud QB, I didn't want to fly solo and SOD Mark Sanchez was sniped already!!I knew you loved Brown.. Loved the write up in the pool, I think it focused more on Dynasty value where I see tremendous redraft value for a player that probably won't be locked up long term but, quite possibly can be run into the ground for gaudy stats. Another year away from injury and a better OL - the value buzz is revving up.Zach Miller I couldn't pass up on, A gift at that spot.With the rosters going from 20 to 18 in the SSL and knowing the choice was basically 5 RB / 5 WR or 4 RB / 6 WR... I decided, if the value fell that way I was going to lean towards 4 RB and I wanted to get 4 I could rely on a little more and not feel like I was possibly wasting a pick later on with a player who might never score. So, Between 4 RB, 2QB, 2 WR and 1 TE I knew I'd be fishing for WR's later and again, with shorter rosters I think WR"s can be cherry picked later especially building on Fitzgerald and Jennings....But, I'd also have an extra WR in the mix at the end.If I picked a WR and not a QB2, I'm sure I'd be criticized for lack of QB depth.

RedZone:1.04-C.Johnson-RB: Great pick, can only build on what he did as a rookie. I think a safe pick too as TN is totally committed to the run. 2.13-T.Brady-QB: All signs point to him coming back 100% and he has a ton of weapons to work with. 3.04-D.Clark-TE: Dallas should see a lot of targets with Harrison out of the picture. 4.13-Santonio Holmes-WR: You will regret picking this guy to be your WR1. It’s nice that you have some anchors in the water with Brady and Clark but I have a feeling you are going to be hurting at WR.5.04-T.Jones-RB: I like the pick here. Don’t care what they drafted they are going to need Jones. QB situation scares me a lot but that was used to your advantage. Problem here is I would have double dipped at the WR tier. 6.13-D.Avery-WR: I like Avery too but you have Holmes as your WR1…Holmes, Avery…you are not getting a lot of consistency there. 7.04-J.Lewis-RB: What was the upside of this pick? I again would not be getting my RB3 when I have Avery and Holmes at WR. There is some myth out there, where you can just throw a bunch of WR out there and you’ll be fine. I don’t dislike Lewis in a 16 team league in the 7th round but it has more to do with your overall team. 8.13-Deion Branch-WR: Again, another WR that has not posted 1,000 yards, or caught 80 balls, or scored anything close to double digit TDs…I have not rated the rest of the teams but you have some serious issues here. 9.04-Marc Bulger-QB: You need WRs badly and you go and get a QB2 when you already have Brady? How many starts will you get out of Bulger? Terrible pick at this point in your draft.
Actually, fair assessment of the players. I don't post often enough to know many of you guys as well as many here in the SSL1, which really contains some credible talent in FF drafting and management. So, this will hopefully be a good exposure to many of the core posters and next season's outlook for many players.I taint many of my picks with (in-team) competition for touches, athletic ability, character, and my limited direct observation of the teams, coaching and history. I have a greater feel for some teams due to the local broadcasting (many Rams and Chiefs games). I have been to some camps and know a few (fewer every year) players. My observations led me to drop Bulger and Holt way earlier than most, keep Bruce timeless (incredible pattern running and hands) and respect SJax who could be the top rusher if he had a decent line. I don't like the KC running game at all this year.Brady was my "got to get" guy but I sensed that this group has that FF snobbery of collectively groaning over first round QB picks and could wait until round two, especially with everyone putting Brees up so high. I see Brady really lighting things up again. If he doesn't (and won't) hit 50 TDs, he will hit 40 or come very close.CJ is going to be a FF point monster between his ground game and his receiving ability. Tenn has not really improved their receivers overly well but have two talented TE. Lendale seems to be in his last season as a Titan (is this the last season on this contract?) but the 60/40 split will keep CJ (I know, he is not "the CJ") fresh.Tom Jones worries me a bit, but the guy is tough and has proven he can hold onto the ball and move the chains. Yes, the QB uncertainty will allow Ds to stack the box a bit, but he is a good RB2.Jamal Lewis is an uncontested RB who will grind out a sure 8 points or better and may have the occasional exceptional game. He is bye week coverage and a starter who is one of the few feature backs. Not a high scorer in this format, but stays healthy and gets the ball. Winslow is gone, Edwards - who knows? Browns may end up relying on Jamal a bit more this year.Dallas Clark, a WR who lines up at TE. He is a favored target of Peyton's and Wayne has not played to the level he did when Harrison was balancing the field. Gonzales didn't show me that he is enough of a threat to draw D attention or Manning's so Clark should routinely get several receptions, with a presence in the red zone. His injury history is a bit concerning.Holmes, I truly had never paid attention to his suspension last year (Pitt not NFL) and might have passed on him but seems to be a non-issue at this point. The kid is the talented receiver on the Steelers squad and Ben is getting more comfortable looking for the big pass as he progresses as a professional player. I saw Holmes show good ability to get to the ball and run after the catch. Ward slowed down last year until he seemed to get fired up about mid-season. He has been a soldier on the field and time seems to be catching up to Ward. Ward will get targets but I see Holmes as getting more production and scoring opportunities.Avery, held back with the presence of Holt and the crappy line last year. Avery has talent and is the #1 WR on a team that has a QB who was a top five qb in many formats just two or three years ago. Most of the St Louis receiving corps is young so there is no direct challenge to his position. SJax will keep Ds from focusing on air game.Branch, a former Super Bowl MVP who had a weak running game, no solid WR2 to take off heat, and qb issues last year. Also, he is now a full year plus from knee surgery. With TJ taking the brunt of coverage and Branch better seated in the system, I see him as being about what Coles will be in Cin. Coles went much earlier. Hass is back and he favored Branch in the later half of last year.I took Holmes as a somewhat high risk WR1 but I am sure he will pay off in many games. Ben and Holmes both know each other, the system and are healthy. Time will tell.I am comfortable, especially having Jamal to give me a feature back as my RB3. Cleveland's line is strong and unless Quinn wins the helm, I am confident Jamal will be in sniffing distance of the goal line once or twice a game.

You guys are welcome to rip/rank my picks and team too. I'll assume the silence is the collective Ahhhhhhh over the greatness that is the Ministry of Pain. :lmao:

1.12 Ministry of Pain - Randy Moss, WR4, NE

2.05 Ministry of Pain - Calvin Johnson, WR7, DET

Obviously I like getting 2 Stud WR's... But, in my draft spot I kinda knew I would get IMO 1st round RB talent probably in Bush or Ronnie Brown and I did.. You got:

3.12 Ministry of Pain - Knowshon Moreno, RB18, DEN

Hmmmm, I just took a decent sized lead on at least 1 team... I like Moreno a lot but, a rookie on a team in transition while not bad, I think it's a decent fall and a tough punch to the gut from Bush / R Brown.

4.05 Ministry of Pain - Tony Romo, QB8, DAL

I like Romo - There are some question marks.. I'd like to see him backed up decently I don't think he's in the top tier. There was a decent run so, I won't call it a bad pick but, at this point in round 10 where I see not so great backup plans, maybe a committee would work out as well and lessen the risk... The QB situation is one of the tougher calls in these things, that's why IMO sometimes just grabbing a top QB could be beneficial, otherwise in order to get QB2 you need to spend a top 8-9 round pick.

IMO, the worst thing to happen in the now 18 round SSL's is to have a pick not even play so, at this point you risk taking a QB that never plays like possibly in DET or Minn.

5.12 Ministry of Pain - Cedric Benson, RB29, CIN

Now it's desperation time for RB depth... Not bad as RB2 but, not in love with Moreno/Benson.. Which leads to:

6.05 Ministry of Pain - Felix Jones, RB31, DAL

OK - A RB by comitte is shaping up... And:

7.12 Ministry of Pain - Darrin Sproles, RB37, SD

Uggh... I've been on the Sproles bandwagon But, I think this just about wraps up one of the lesser scoring RB committees. I liked D Brown and Bradshaw better than this pick... The Giants purposely use Thunder and lightening offense and Jacobs is one dimensional - I don't see that opportunity in SD.

8.05 Ministry of Pain - Michael Jenkins, WR42, ATL

Decent WR3 here and real good job of grabbing the WR3 of your choice and still getting Fasano...

9.12 Ministry of Pain - Anthony Fasano, TE16, MIA

Great TE value at this spot... I look at this position as another hold the fort position for you... Fasano wound up with decent points last year but, got a good chunk of that in week 1 - I'm sure you have a better handel on the Miami offense so, we'll see..

Basically , this team will tread water everywhere and hope the WR's can steal the show.... A lot of time in Survivors, treading water is more than enough.

You obviously don't like grabbing a Top TE or QB super early so, it wasn't your fault RB talent dropped off the map in round 3 and cornered you a bit... I would have grabbed Warner and thought about just backing him up with Leinart real late and being done at QB. I think you might be undervaluing having a stud TE or QB. Those are the top 2 scoring positions and a spot where the #1 guy can absolutely blow away the scoring and single handedly carry a team.

You guys are welcome to rip/rank my picks and team too. I'll assume the silence is the collective Ahhhhhhh over the greatness that is the Ministry of Pain. :towelwave:
I'll give it a shot but then have to go back to the grindstone. 9.12 Ministry of Pain - Anthony Fasano, TE16, MIA8.05 Ministry of Pain - Michael Jenkins, WR42, ATL7.12 Ministry of Pain - Darrin Sproles, RB37, SD6.05 Ministry of Pain - Felix Jones, RB31, DAL5.12 Ministry of Pain - Cedric Benson, RB29, CIN4.05 Ministry of Pain - Tony Romo, QB8, DAL3.12 Ministry of Pain - Knowshon Moreno, RB18, DEN2.05 Ministry of Pain - Calvin Johnson, WR7, DET1.12 Ministry of Pain - Randy Moss, WR4, NEOK, to start, I just realized I am in the league drafting against bicycle seat sniffer, which is like a mortal scaling Mount Olympus and being invited to draft against Zeus. Pretty cool.Secondly, enjoyed many of MoP's posts for years now, and I think I may have congratulated you on the birth of a child last year or two years ago. Is that right? Best wishes to your family if that is correct.Now, on to this travesty that is a (purported) SSL1 team, :rolleyes: You went WR/WR in round one and two, picking two very strong receivers. Both of these guys should be top ten, with Moss getting the nod due to his TD production and the return of Brady. Galloway can really stretch the field still, so will Randy continue to be the deep threat or will both go long and the D will focus on Moss, leaving Galloway open? Running game should remain a secondary thought in game planning, so Moss may or may not be in the top sixteen overall at year's end. He seems to have matured and has good chemistry with Brady. I might have waited until 1.13 to draft him.Calvin will suffer from loss of Roy and especially if Stafford is thrown into the mix early. The Lions offensive line is fairly porous and CJ often is double-covered. If Culpepper stays entrenched and CJ is not forced to run the short patterns alot, he will dominate. Just one big play per game is huge and he is capable of that. Of course, he does play very hard and has been tweaked a time or two. I never wish injuries on anyone but his style of play is hard on the body. Put him on half the other teams and he is a clear number one pick. The Lions, well... I wish the best for CJ because he is a thoroughbred. I hope he doesn't become the Barry Sanders of the twenty-first century (unique player on the Lions who never gets to truly reach his peak).Moreno - rookie in a camp filled with RBs. Sure, he is great at the college level, but hard to say how well a rookie will adapt to the pro level. I don't like relying upon rookies for rb2 or wr2, let alone rb1. Jordan was great last year until his injury and Buckhalter is serviceable. Marshall, Royal and Scheffler offer a lot of targets, especially in the red zone. I have a bias against Broncos running backs due to the Shannahan shenanigans. Look at how many rookie RBs get hurt when they become a feature back. I don't see him being the starter or feature back for a while, so your first couple of weeks, you may be in trouble. Add on to that the new coaching and qb, offensive production could be down for Denver for a little while.Tony Romo, without TO. He does well throwing to his backs and Witten, but unless Roy does a little better (granted he came into a new system midway through the season), I see a drop off for Romo. I would give an uptick to Witten with the loss of TO. The pick of Moreno over McNabb or CJ over Gates may come back to bite you. On the plus side, Romo is unopposed and is established with his teammates.Cedric Benson, man I almost don't need to say anything to trash talk this pick. A rookie going into a crowded field full of veterans as RB1 and he backs this up with a warm body and bad attitude wearing Bengal stripes? On a team that lost its one player with character (TJ) and the one who made safeties play light on the run? I don't know why the Bengals didn't draft a rb high, but they are probably looking for a free agent pick up. for some reason, I smell Selvin Young showing up for an audition. They don't have much to trade, so it will have to be someone else's scraps but I have never seen heart from Benson. Possibly the backfield I would never draft.Felix Jones and Darrin Sproles may be your point earners many weeks. FJ is outstanding and an injury to Barber makes him what Addai should have been. Regardless, the loss of TO will make the play action pass and dump off more prominent in the Dallas playbook. I like this a lot. Sproles was the workhorse in many games as LT struggled last season. Sproles is a player who can put points on the board (fantasy) and LT seems to be showing some of the wear and tear. Either are a very good RB3. Good for you since at least one will be your rb1 many weeks.Jenkins, loses to White, Gonzo and the strong running game. Be lucky to see five catches in any game, let alone most games. I love the Falcons post-Vick and Jenkins is a good player just surrounded by too much talent. I see his TD ceiling in the mid-single digits.Fasano, he is really off and on. I watched him last year and after a great start, he seemed to be taken out of the playbook. Limited opportunities and often had single reception games. Put him on the Packers or Cowboys and he has promise. I just don't think so with the Dolphins, week to week, as your TE1 in this scoring system.MoP gradeqb - BRB - C-WR - ATE - C+ based on opportunity rather than ability.Overall, B, possibly a B minus if Stafford is put on the field.

Glumpy

1.07-D.Williams-RB: Could do worse in this spot. I don’t expect him to repeat his numbers and neither did the 6 who picked in front of you.

2.10-Terrell Owens-WR: He is on Buffalo now…fyi.

3.07-Lance Moore-WR: You’re lucky he fell this far, right?

4.10-L.Johnson-RB: Rumors have him being cut at some point…not a solid pick IMO.

5.07-J.Cutler-QB: I like Cutler but he does not have the WRs he had in Denver…but this is the best pick you made so far IMO.

6.10-M.Crabtree-WR: I can’t say I like this pick for redrafts in 2009…dynasty different story.

7.07-V.Shiancoe-TE: Meh

8.10-J.Russell-QB: You needed him? How many times will he start for you? Bye weeks might have come into play, not sure here.

9.07-D.Rhodes-RB: He is RB3 there when Lynch returns form suspension, no?
General perception: You don't seem to like my team. Oh well. I'm not too thrilled with it either--not one of my best. :shrug: Let's look at with as broad a brush as we can; it's early in the process so we'll just have to draw off of current concensus...

1.07 Deangelo Williams. Picked RB6; ADP RB6.

Picked right where he should be. I was actually hoping to pick up Fitz on this one just to try it at that juncture--but I think I sent a picklist with DeAngelo first. What the heck--I'm a homer, and prior to this analysis think he was averaging earlier. Picking him (as I have in a prior draft) I immediately targeted Stewart for round 4--because I do expect a dropoff from last year, but like the Carolina running game--but of course, at 4.10 I thought I had more important things to do....

Meanwhile I did miss the fact that Forte (ADP4) was still on the boards.

2.10 Terrell Owens. Picked WR9; ADP WR14

What the heck--I've targeted him here more than once already this year. Playing a bet.

3.07 Lance Moore. Picked WR 16; ADP WR26.

I had second thoughts the minute I picked him--but too late. In my defense, I had held Colston in my leagues for years--since he came on as a rookie--and been really frustrated with the unfulfilled promise. Notice that even those who pick him pray for good health. This pick could surprise even me.

4.10 RB Larry Johnson. Picked RB23; ADP RB25

I targeted RB here, and don't think there was another who could have changed my mind against picking Jonathan Stewart.

Purely a gut call. I think LJ will be back to form this year.

I also think Stewart will take more of the Carolina running game from Williams this year, and he has a current ADP24.

Tough choice. If I had the guts I would have doubled up with my RB's 1&2.

5.07 QB Jay Cutler. Picked QB11; ADP QB10

:cool: High upside. Will he define the WR's--or will they define him? Or....did Orton and "the system" define them?!!

6.10 Michael Crabtree. Picked WR35; ADP WR34

I was going to book the WRs here no matter, and figured I'd take a dare on a rookie. Don't normally do that but like the bet.

7.07 TE Visanthe Shiancoe. Picked TE13; ADP TE13

Seems like the average drafter agrees with me. Good time to take a TE.

8.10 Jamarcus Russell. Picked QB24; ADP QB25

What the heck--I wanted Delhomme but he went one QB earlier. ADP says Quinn should have gone here but I don't buy it.

....and it was time for a QB2. Your analyses seem to disagree.

9.07 RB Dominic Rhodes. Picked RBRB43; ADP RB57 :eek:

I'm honestly surprised. #1 I think he's better than this, and in a good situation.

#2 He has a suspension's worth of time to prove it....

My father once told me: "When the whole world tells you you're wrong--it might be time to reconsider."

After some thought, I told him: "They're wrong." I was right, then....

:banned:

I should at least mention after all this...

The last time I second-guessed my team this way was the only one of these exercises which I won--MBSL1 in 2007. :popcorn:

QB: McNabb 4, Orton 7

RB: Westbrook 4, Brown 6, J. Jones 7

WR: OC85 5, Evans 9, Gonzalez 6, Bay 9, Carmarillo 6

TE: Witten 6

D: Pitt 8

Now this is how you put a team together. 12 rounds into the draft and my only non-starter is Brown. A couple of finishing touches and we'll have a championship contender.

QB: McNabb 4, Orton 7RB: Westbrook 4, Brown 6, J. Jones 7WR: OC85 5, Evans 9, Gonzalez 6, Bay 9, Carmarillo 6TE: Witten 6D: Pitt 8Now this is how you put a team together. 12 rounds into the draft and my only non-starter is Brown. A couple of finishing touches and we'll have a championship contender.
This may be a bit optimistic, Orton will have (admittedly limited) competition from Simms and is in a new system. Granted, if he starts, having Scheffler and Marshall, Royal is a big upgrade.Brown is a starter in everyone's eyes. Jones has failed to impress repeatedly and benefits from lack of competition more than anything else. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Seahawks bring someone in to upgrade.I guess a stable of WR2 counts as starters. I think Evans is your greatest value in that group. It will be very interesting to see the post-TJ effect on 85.Witten - studPitt, are they the starting D on the Steelers? :lmao:

QB Phil Rivers (5)

QB Chad Pennington (6)

RB Clinton Portis (8)

RB Marion Barber (6)

RB Willis McGahee (7)

RB Jerious Norwood (4)

WR Antonio Bryant (8)

WR Bernard Berrian (9)

WR Domenik Hixon (10)

WR Jordy Nelson (5)

WR James Jones (5)

WR Laurent Robinson (9)

TE Greg Olsen (5)

TE Vernon Davis (6)

PK Rob Bironas (7)

PK Josh Brown (9)

DEF Indianapolis Colts (6)

DEF Arizona Cardinals (4)

Teams through 15 rounds

Steel Dillo

M. Schaub

B. Quinn

M.J. Drew

J. Stewart

Ri. Williams

A. Boldin

D. Bowe

D. Hester

I. Bruce

C. Henry – CIN

J. Shockey

B. Scaife

R. Longwell

J. Kasay

NY Giants

Thom Yorke

E. Manning

M. Hasselbeck

AD Peterson

B. Jacobs

S. Greene

Houshmanzadeh

H. Ward

C. Chambers

M. Muhammad

O. Daniels

Ma. Lewis

S. Gostkowski

J. Nedney

Chicago

Washington

dpeease

P. Manning

D. Anderson

S. Jackson

W. Parker

L. McLain

T. Choice

B. Marshall

De. Jackson

D. Driver

J. Galloway

K. Burton

H. Miller

B. Pettigrew

N. Kaeding

New England

RedZone

T. Brady

M. Bulger

Chr. Johnson

T. Jones

J. Lewis

K. Jones

S. Holmes

D. Avery

D. Branch

Br. Johnson

P. Burress

D. Clark

C. Coffman

M. Crosby

Minnesota

Duckboy

D. Garrard

J. Campbell

M. Turner

R. Bush

K. Faulk

W. Welker

J. Cotchery

S. Moss

S. Smith – NYG

M. Walker

D. Keller

D. Lee

K. Brown

Philadelphia

NY Jets

Reaper

M. Ryan

K. Collins

R. Brown

R. Grant

L. Washington

A. Bradshaw

L. Fitzgerald

G. Jennings

J. Morgan

D. Henderson

D. Bess

Z. Miller

R. Gould

R. Lindell

Dallas

Glumpy

J. Cutler

J. Russell

S. Hill

DeA. Williams

L. Johnson

D. Rhodes

T.J. Duckett

T. Owens

L. Moore

M. Crabtree

N. Burleson

V. Shiancoe

K. Boss

L. Tynes

Carolina

Old Mill

D. Brees

M. Lynch

J. Addai

R. Mendenhall

F. Taylor

An. Johnson

T. Holt

S. Breaston

Ma. Clayton

J. Carlson

B. Miller

N. Folk

San Diego

Tennessee

Buffalo

Fullback Fro

C. Palmer

J. Delhomme

L. Tomlinson

D. McFadden

R. Rice

J. Charles

B. Edwards

L. Coles

T. Ginn Jr.

P. Harvin

T. Gonzalez

R. McMichael

A. Vinateri

S. Graham

Miami

Capt. Hook

Roethlisberger

M. Forte

L. White

F. Jackson

E. Graham

R. White

E. Royal

M. Austin

J. Gage

M. Bradley

K. Winslow

B. Celek

N. Rackers

D. Carpenter

Green Bay

EBF

A. Rodgers

J. Flacco

P. Thomas

B. Wells

C. Taylor

L. McCoy

R. Wayne

D. Mason

H. Nicks

A. Randle El

N. Washington

A. Gates

M. Bennett

J. Reed

P. Dawson

MoP

T. Romo

S. Rosenfels

K. Moreno

C. Benson

F. Jones

D. Sproles

R. Moss

Ca. Johnson

M. Jenkins

B. Engram

D. Thomas

A. Fasano

J. Elam

Houston

Seattle

BSS

K. Warner

T. Edwards

S. Slaton

D. Ward

L. Maroney

M. Colston

Ro. Williams

V. Jackson

J. Maclin

K. Britt

T. Scheffler

T. Heap

D. Akers

Baltimore

Atlanta

Legacy

M. Cassell

M. Sanchez

F. Gore

K. Smith

T. Hightower

M. Bush

S. Smith - CAR

K. Walter

K. Curtis

P. Crayton

E. Bennett

C. Cooley

S. Nelson

M. Prater

Tampa Bay

BnB

D. McNabb

K. Orton

B. Westbrook

D. Brown

J. Jones

Br. Jackson

Cha. Johnson

L. Evans

A. Gonzalez

D. Heyward-Bey

G. Camarillo

J. Witten

G. Hartley

J. Scobee

Pittsburgh

Rudnicki

P. Rivers

C. Pennington

C. Portis

M. Barber

W. McGahee

J. Norwood

A. Bryant

B. Berrian

D. Hixon

J. Nelson

G. Olsen

V. Davis

R. Bironas

Indianapolis

Arizona

QB: McNabb 4, Orton 7

RB: Westbrook 4, Brown 6, J. Jones 7, B. Jackson 5

WR: OC85 5, Evans 9, Gonzalez 6, Bay 9, Carmarillo 6, M. Clayton 8, Floyd 5

TE: Witten 6, A. Smith 8

D: Pitt 8

K: Hartley 5, Scobee 7

Locked a loaded.

QB: McNabb is always a top 5 threat if healthy. Orton finally has weapons and a crappy D. Grade B

RB: Westie is a stud. Brown a gamble with upside but a bargain where I got him. JJ was even a bigger bargain and should put up serviceable numbers the weeks Brown doesn't do much. Jackson never garners a donut. I still think he's the better back in GB, but his role here is a handful of weekly points for protection. Grade B

WR: 85 is coming back with a vengence this year. TO should open things up for Evans. Gonzo was a steal where I got him and won't have to contend the Marvin. Al's new toy will be put to use and will post some big weeks. With four guys that will be up and down, I backed them up with 2 guys slated to be starters and Floyd. Definately the deepest stable of WRs in the league. Grade B+

TE: Best in the league with an iffy back-up. Grade A-

D: One of the top Ds in the league. Only went with one to add a WR. Grade B

PK: Got two but nothing special. Grade C

Overall this grades out to a B/B+. I grade tougher than most. The roster is loaded with value relative to ADP and doesn't have any major holes.

Bass - very nice team indeed.....although if you don't win Immunity in Week 3, you will be holding your breath through Week 4 with McNabb and Westy on vacation...............BUT if you make it past that, I definitely think this team could get to the later weeks and be a threat

QB - Rodgers (5), Flacco (7)

Good group. Rodgers had a big year in his debut as a starter. If he maintains that kind of performance, he'll be a monster for me. Flacco has good job security and some sneaky upside. He's a good backup in this format.

RB - P. Thomas (5), C. Wells (4), C. Taylor (9), McCoy (4)

Thomas has the potential to be a steal and Wells should be a serviceable RB2 at worst when healthy. I picked Taylor over Julius Jones for the #3 spot because he catches passes and he has a huge upside if Peterson gets hurt. I might regret that decision. It nearly became a moot point as Julius almost fell to my RB4 spot, but I missed out on him and eventually had to settle for LeSean McCoy. I'm not wild about him in redraft leagues, but he'll catch some passes and he could be a nice option if Westbrook gets hurt.

WR - Wayne (6), Mason (7), Nicks (10), Randle El (8), Washington (7), Dem. Williams (7)

I like my top three. Wayne is as reliable as anyone in the game. Mason showed no signs of slowing down last season. I think Nicks will have a solid rookie year ala Bowe. Randle El figures to get his usual 40 catches for 500 yards. He's not a sexy pick, but you need guys like him in these leagues. Washington and Williams both have the potential to score double digits on a single catch. Overall, I think this is a decent group. I was hoping to steal someone like James Jones or Harry Douglas late as my WR6, but I just missed out on the players I was targeting. That happened many times in this draft.

TE - Gates (5), Bennett (6)

Gates is a difference maker in this format. If he plays as well as he has in the past, he'll have some big games that single-handedly keep my team alive. I wanted a better backup, but I missed out on M. Lewis by a couple picks and bye week conflicts forced me to pass on Desmond Clark and Donald Lee. Bennett won't help me much. He's just a last resort.

PK - Reed (8), Dawson (9)

Two solid veteran kickers with job security.

DEF - 49ers (6), Broncos (7)

Two weak defenses that play in weak divisions.

Overall - Sometimes drafts work perfectly for you and the players you want fall into your lap every round. That's not what happened here. I like what I did in the first 6-8 rounds, but after that things got rocky. I always seemed to find myself at the tail end of runs that decimated my plans for a particular pick. The result is that I have a lot of bye week conflicts and my depth at TE, RB, and WR is a little weaker than I hoped it would be. This team definitely isn't a beauty queen, but it's not fatally weak at any key positions, I have a few solid foundation players (Rodgers, Wayne, Gates), and I have some sneaky upside guys like Thomas, Nicks, and Wells.

I'd give this draft a B or B-. I'll probably need to get lucky to win, but I can go deep if I can survive my bye week nightmares in weeks 5 and 7. I can win if my RB group steps up.

Okay, posting team and self evaluation....and like BnB, I am a tough grader....can't stand the guys who jizz all over themselves

QB - Roethlisberger (8), Stafford & Culpepper (7)

At least Big Ben is a solid guy you can count on to play unless really injured and he scores every week - not the giant weeks, but some production. Having waited, I had two plans for QB2...or in the Plan A section QBs2/3 and that was Stafford and Culpepper. Can't really rely on just one because no one is sure when Stafford will take the reins, but between the two of them, I should have a couple of contributions and in Week 8 with the Steelers off, the Lions are home to the Lambs, so either should have a decent score that week. C+

RB - Forte (5), FatDale (7), Fred Jackson (9), and Graham (8)

Forte was an absolute steal at 1.10. White will have several decent weeks, even if he is reduced to Bettis like usage which I doubt. I like Fred Jackson and think he will definitely have some nice weeks between the improved passing game and Lynch missing some time. Graham was another good value in round 12 - he is healthy and will have some nice value sharing with Ward in Tampa. B+

WR - R. White (4), E. Royal (7), Austin (6), Gage (7), and M. Bradley (8)

Roddy is topnotch. I probably like Royal more than some of you but I watched him a lot last year and the kid can play. I think the Broncos pass more than many expect for now. Austin will take the next step up this year and has Speed. Gage in the 9th is a #1 receiver and Collins can still throw. Mark Bradley is a fine target for Cassel and will have single coverage opposite Bowe. B (would be higher but I realize I should/could have a sixth WR)

TE - Winslow (8) and Celek (4)

Winslow is a very talented receiver and the #2 target for either Leftwich or McCown and Celek gave us a glimpse late last year and will have a very good year with McNabb this year. B+

K - Rackers (4) and Carpenter (6)

Two with jobs AND neither has a bye in Week 7 or 8 (QBs and two WR)

DST - Packers (5) and Raiders (9)

Two who score TDs and again neither is off in Week 7 or 8

OVERALL - A solid B with a lot of upside

Okay, posting team and self evaluation....and like BnB, I am a tough grader....can't stand the guys who jizz all over themselves

At least Big Ben is a solid guy you can count on to play unless really injured and he scores every week - not the giant weeks, but some production. Having waited, I had two plans for QB2...or in the Plan A section QBs2/3 and that was Stafford and Culpepper. Can't really rely on just one because no one is sure when Stafford will take the reins, but between the two of them, I should have a couple of contributions and in Week 8 with the Steelers off, the Lions are home to the Lambs, so either should have a decent score that week. C+

Forte was an absolute steal at 1.10. White will have several decent weeks, even if he is reduced to Bettis like usage which I doubt. I like Fred Jackson and think he will definitely have some nice weeks between the improved passing game and Lynch missing some time. Graham was another good value in round 12 - he is healthy and will have some nice value sharing with Ward in Tampa. B+

Roddy is topnotch. I probably like Royal more than some of you but I watched him a lot last year and the kid can play. I think the Broncos pass more than many expect for now. Austin will take the next step up this year and has Speed. Gage in the 9th is a #1 receiver and Collins can still throw. Mark Bradley is a fine target for Cassel and will have single coverage opposite Bowe. B (would be higher but I realize I should/could have a sixth WR)

Winslow is a very talented receiver and the #2 target for either Leftwich or McCown and Celek gave us a glimpse late last year and will have a very good year with McNabb this year. B+

Shooting from the hip here as I haven't looked at the other teams.QB: Bottom of the QB1s...D. Bottom of the QB2s doesn't move that grade. Adding a back-up gives this a bump to D+. C being middle of the pack, F- being obviously 16 of 16.

RB: Forte is a B as a RB1, understand that you like him more. Fatdale isn't a RB2. Jackson is hard to grade based on Lynch's situation. Graham is another wildcard. I think you'll be dead middle of the pack on paper with the opportunity for a high deviation in both directions. C

WR: White is a solid WR1 and Royal a potentially top notch WR2. I don't like Austin but that's offset by the fact that I think Gage will be a decent WR2 for you in this format. Bradley is an above average WR5. I'm going to go B+ based on your top three but you'll be more like a C+ on the bye weeks.

TE: B+ feels about right if not a hair low.

D/K: C+

I have this a C+/B- team....somewhere around 6th to 7th place if we sim'd this out numerous times. You have a lot riding on Forte. The only other small hole is WR depth during byes in case of injury.

Defending Champs squad:

QB - Kurt Warner(4), Trent Edwards(9)

Very Solid here, and if Warner gets hurt, Im pretty well covered. Buffalo added alot of weapons

RB - Steve Slaton(10), Derrick Ward(8),Laurance Maroney(8), Greg Jones (7)

Slaton is a hoss boys, 4.8 ypc and 50 catches, and I think the O is going to be better this year. Ward is the guy to have in TB, Traditionally I go weak after my RB1 anyway, betweene injuries an byes RB2 i nthis format just dont score too much. I know Maroney blows and was hoping to double up on him an Taylor but Taylor went only a half a round after i grabbed Maroney

WR- Marques Colston(5), Roy Williams(6), Vincent Jackson(5), Jeremy Maclin(4), Kenny Britt(7), Limas Sweed(8)

Absolutely stoked about my top3, then added three guys with upside.

TE- Tony Scheffler(7),Todd Heap(7)

yuck

K- David Akers(4),SeaBass(9)

D- Baltimore Ravens(7), Atlanta Falcons(4)

2 solid starter K's and one very good D

Outside of TE I really like this team.

dont sleep on Slaton in your PPR leagues boys Im tellin you

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Defending Champs squad:

Very Solid here, and if Warner gets hurt, Im pretty well covered. Buffalo added alot of weapons

Slaton is a hoss boys, 4.8 ypc and 50 catches, and I think the O is going to be better this year. Ward is the guy to have in TB, Traditionally I go weak after my RB1 anyway, betweene injuries an byes RB2 i nthis format just dont score too much. I know Maroney blows and was hoping to double up on him an Taylor but Taylor went only a half a round after i grabbed Maroney

WR- Marques Colston(5), Roy Williams(6), Vincent Jackson(5), Jeremy Maclin(4), Kenny Britt(7), Limas Sweed(8)

yuck

Who's sleepin on Slaton and after his performance last year, how is this even a boast worthy prediction? He was 7th last year. If you want to be bold, tell us not to sleep on Ward, because otherwise, your RB spot is TOAST on slaton's bye week.

Defending Champs squad:

yuck

You have no chance at repeating...that team is mediocre at best.

Captain Hook said:

Decent...you need your WR depth to hold up to have a chance.

BassNBrew said:
QB: McNabb 4, Orton 7RB: Westbrook 4, Brown 6, J. Jones 7, B. Jackson 5WR: OC85 5, Evans 9, Gonzalez 6, Bay 9, Carmarillo 6, M. Clayton 8, Floyd 5TE: Witten 6, A. Smith 8D: Pitt 8K: Hartley 5, Scobee 7Locked a loaded.QB: McNabb is always a top 5 threat if healthy. Orton finally has weapons and a crappy D. Grade BRB: Westie is a stud. Brown a gamble with upside but a bargain where I got him. JJ was even a bigger bargain and should put up serviceable numbers the weeks Brown doesn't do much. Jackson never garners a donut. I still think he's the better back in GB, but his role here is a handful of weekly points for protection. Grade BWR: 85 is coming back with a vengence this year. TO should open things up for Evans. Gonzo was a steal where I got him and won't have to contend the Marvin. Al's new toy will be put to use and will post some big weeks. With four guys that will be up and down, I backed them up with 2 guys slated to be starters and Floyd. Definately the deepest stable of WRs in the league. Grade B+TE: Best in the league with an iffy back-up. Grade A-D: One of the top Ds in the league. Only went with one to add a WR. Grade BPK: Got two but nothing special. Grade COverall this grades out to a B/B+. I grade tougher than most. The roster is loaded with value relative to ADP and doesn't have any major holes.
This is a pretty good squad...should be a contender...has a lot of my value play guys.Shouldn't have picked A Smith though...I would've went with another D/RB/WR

BassNBrew said:
QB: McNabb 4, Orton 7RB: Westbrook 4, Brown 6, J. Jones 7, B. Jackson 5WR: OC85 5, Evans 9, Gonzalez 6, Bay 9, Carmarillo 6, M. Clayton 8, Floyd 5TE: Witten 6, A. Smith 8D: Pitt 8K: Hartley 5, Scobee 7Locked a loaded.QB: McNabb is always a top 5 threat if healthy. Orton finally has weapons and a crappy D. Grade BRB: Westie is a stud. Brown a gamble with upside but a bargain where I got him. JJ was even a bigger bargain and should put up serviceable numbers the weeks Brown doesn't do much. Jackson never garners a donut. I still think he's the better back in GB, but his role here is a handful of weekly points for protection. Grade BWR: 85 is coming back with a vengence this year. TO should open things up for Evans. Gonzo was a steal where I got him and won't have to contend the Marvin. Al's new toy will be put to use and will post some big weeks. With four guys that will be up and down, I backed them up with 2 guys slated to be starters and Floyd. Definately the deepest stable of WRs in the league. Grade B+TE: Best in the league with an iffy back-up. Grade A-D: One of the top Ds in the league. Only went with one to add a WR. Grade BPK: Got two but nothing special. Grade COverall this grades out to a B/B+. I grade tougher than most. The roster is loaded with value relative to ADP and doesn't have any major holes.
This is a pretty good squad...should be a contender...has a lot of my value play guys.Shouldn't have picked A Smith though...I would've went with another D/RB/WR
If the only mistake is in the last round then I'll be OK. I know you went solo Witten in PDSL. I'm not comfortable with that as a good solo D that won't miss time during the year. The last D left wouldn't be a significant help. An 8th WR likely wouldn't post a score for me. A 5th RB was a consideration, however I'm very comfortable with Jackson. Last year in the 13 weeks he played he posted 5 13 4 4 7 9 7 3 6 2 9 2 1. No donuts.I considered Carolina's rookie RB here as I think he'll end up as a slot WR. My issue was that I have four guys who will already be posting scores each week so the pick would need to have upside potential and I didn't feel confident with the guys left meeting that criteria. Smith however has talent and is in a good situation outside of the bodies. With Witten in place I need a guy with TD potential. Where better to look for that then a Brady led offense.

Defending Champs squad:

yuck

You have no chance at repeating...that team is mediocre at best.
:thumbup: try to get to the big league there buddy

Defending Champs squad:

yuck

Who's sleepin on Slaton and after his performance last year, how is this even a boast worthy prediction? He was 7th last year. If you want to be bold, tell us not to sleep on Ward, because otherwise, your RB spot is TOAST on slaton's bye week.
quite a few people were tellin me how bad of a pick that was and bashing me letting Westy slide. just saying

Fullback Fro

C. Palmer

J. Delhomme

Justs missed out on McNabb, who is my perenial QB target. Palmer for me is the last of the first tier QB's out there. Always like to grab the last guy in a tier as you can maximize draft value. Delhomme is a solid compliment who may fill in 3 or 4 games. Above average group. Should not be a weakness.

L. Tomlinson

D. McFadden

R. Rice

J. Charles

Like many others, I see(hope) LT bouncing back HUGE this year. On a down year last year he still managed to end up around 5th in this scoring format. He stays healthy, he carries this team. McFadden will post some GIANT games this year. He is just too talented to not break some off. Loos like he will be the lead horse in OAK this year who will also catch a few spirals. Rice will be in-line to produce in modest numbers with the potential for some good games and if Charles can continue with what he was doing last year in KC, a superb third down back is not out of the realm of possibility. Lots of talent here. Should pay off. Love this group. Also above average. Strength.

B. Edwards

L. Coles

T. Ginn Jr.

P. Harvin

J. Iglesias

D.Clowney

Okay. There has to be some part of every team that is not as strong as the other. Looks like for me it will be my receiving core. Edwards makes a fine number one. I think he rededicates himself this year and moves back into the elite tier. Coles should flourish with a strong armed QB getting him the ball. Give me a few Palmer to Coles TD's and this team capitalizes in a big way. After my top two guys I have a lot of young guys with upside. I think Ginn at least repeats lasts years numbers but with a potential to move into the top 25. I love Harvin's game and thing it translates to the NFL in a great way. I wouldn't be suprised to see a Eddie Royal like season. That doesn't mean I will predict it. It just means it wouldn't suprize me. Iglesias could end up being a solid possession reciever for Cutler and Clowney could end up going deep for Sanchez several times. Overall not terrible but not a strength. Neutral

T. Gonzalez

R. McMichael

I am a firm believer that you need a top tier TE in these survivor formats. TG was the top scoring TE last year. I realize everything broke perfectly for him last year but I guess throughout the years they just have a way of doing that for him. I see no difference this year. He likely won't finish the year as #1 but a top 3-5 is almost a sure thing. McMike will be utilized and I am very happy with him as my backup. I was targeting him all along. Strength.

A. Vinateri

S. Graham

Pretty good kickers.

Miami D/ST

Cin D/ST

Reached on MIA by a round but I see them as my breakout D/ST this year. Parcels always field tough Defenses. The addition of Gibril Wilson will be huge for MIA. Cincy's def should be on the field allot. Overall a solid duo. Nothing to write home about. Neutral.

Overall Grade B. Not huge holes. Some explosive players but some risky upside gambles. I'm not playing to come in 4th place. Its either 1st or Lose and I thing this team can win.

Might as well do this while it's fresh...

QB: Jay Cutler (5), Jamarcus Russell (9), Shaun Hill (6)

I like this squad. Didn't want to go too early with QB; with the potential we've seen from Cutler I thought that was good value in round 5. He doesn't have the headliners at wideout--but there's a lot of potential with those youngsters and maybe there's another Eddie Royal in the group. Jamarcus should take a step forward this year as well as his receivers with the added experience, and Shaun Hill was just too much to pass up where I got him. Having three should ensure competitive scoring each week from the Qb slot.

RB: DeAngelo Williams (4), Larry Johnson (8), Dominic Rhodes (9), TJ Duckett (7), Mewelde Moore (8)

Real pleased with these guys as well. I don't expect the same numbers from DW--but even at half the td's and a couple hundred fewer yards think he's a lock for top 10 and real possible top 5. The jury is still out on LJ, but with his apparent new attitude this offseason he's also a good candidate to bounce back into at least the top 10. Rhodes should get a lot of play the first weeks--and both he and Duckett should have substantial roles all year on their teams. Moore was a calculated shot to enhance the RB output here in hopes of helping cover for what is likely a weak WR corps.

WR: Terrell Owens (9), Lance Moore (5), Michael Crabtree (6), Nate Burleson (7), Dennis Northcutt (7)

:bye:

Not happy here at all. mostly. I've been targetting Terrell this year on a hunch, thinking he'll make a real splash in Buffalo. I've been targetting Moore as well--but taking him at that point was way off base. And it seemed that really viable WR's were then flying off the boards, and other needs were coming into play.

Can they work out? Sure they can--but everything has got to break just right. Crabtree will have every chance to shine in SF, and pairing him with Hill could make for some good doubles. If Burleson is back to full health he's a good role player who can also step in if Branch loses time again. I feel the same with Northcutt--but had actually been targetting Michael Clayton in the 16th to fill out the roster; shoulda pulled that trigger one round earlier. That was when I decided to pad RB with Moore instead of another shot-in-the-dark wideout.

TE: Visanthe Shiancoe (9), Kevin Boss (10)

I like these guys. Both get plenty of red zone looks--though neither gets the receptions to put them over the top. Hopefully their scoring will complement each other.

PK: Lawrence Tynes (10), Shaun Suisham (8)

Hoping for a lot of NYG scoring again this year from the Kicker position. Suisham's got a good matchup week 10, playing at home.

D/ST: Carolina Panthers

I'm a homer, and always think there's good potential with the Carolina Defense. With the early bye week--and scrambling to fill in what I perceived to be holes elsewhere--I opted to go with just the one.

Really didn't feel comfortable with this draft at all--not one of my better ones, imo. While I do think this team will compete, it's going to take some breaks. (I guess we all count on those!) I've been working a pattern with these mocks this year--trying something different--and while I felt good about the results in the WSLs and PDSLs, I just wasn't as happy with how it worked out this time. Either that shorthanded WR corps has got to really put forth numbers--or the other positions will have to really cover--particularly QB and RB.

In any case--Good Times! Enjoyed it, and see y'all in the MBSLs...

:(

RedZone - OK, this team won't be striking fear into the hearts of mortal men, though I challenge any of those guys from the children's show "The Wiggles" to view it without a pending sense of doom. Even if their friend Captain Feathersword is there with them. (I have a daughter, what can I say?)

QB - Brady is a first round pick but given the fantasy snobbery against picking QBs in the first, I was fortunate to get him in the second. Can't say that Brees will do as well as many will say so I feel Brady should outscore or be in top three at this position every week. Running game remains weak (relatively) in NE, and he is surrounded by passing targets. Heck, the linemen can probably catch in NE. Bulger is a great bye week cover, going against Detroit in week 8, if that is the bye week (going off memory). SJAX is one of the best backs in the game when healthy if there is any line support, so Bulger should score well many weeks. Nice backup, better than Garcia last year, though he helped my team limp into the finals of SSL3.

QB grade = A

T. Brady

M. Bulger

RB - Dicey group. Johnson will be the Tenn offense by and large, and in a ppr he is a great pick. I think I chose the right back at that spot. I actually like him better than Forte who seems to be the fantasy darling this year. T Jones is appearing to be less of a certainty than I hoped. We'll know better after the contract negotiations/trade rumors end, and of course I do not want him going to Cleveland from a selfish point of view. If all is as last year, T Jones should be a solid RB2. Not top of the tier, but good. Hopefully, the passing game will open things for him a bit. Jamal Lewis, if he remains the feature back, should be a top tier RB3, a serviceable RB2 if T Jones has an off weak or goes down. KJ was a great back in a crap team in Detroit and Chicago appears to be comfortable with him as their plan B back. I am not suggesting that he will threaten Forte for time but Forte was put through the meat grinder last year and the workload will takes its toll on him if they do not spell him. KJ is two years coming off an injury that he returned from too early. If he becomes the back in Chicago for a game or more, he should see similar opportunity as Forte.

RB grade = B+ if TJ remains in NYJ. B-/C+ if he is traded, C- if he goes to Cleveland which seems to be just a message board rumor.

Chr. Johnson

T. Jones

J. Lewis

K. Jones

WR - The Achilles heel of the team, this league was more WR focused than most I draft in leaving me picking through the dried turkey at the buffet. Many are leary of Holmes, but I see Ben still developing as a QB, a fact that many ignore due to Pitt's success. Ward is steady and good enough to keep the defenses from keying on him. I would put him at 65/35 on success worthy of a WR1. Avery, yep a WR3 in fantasy but he is currently WR1 on a team with a solid running game and one of the better QBs in the league. Not great but shouldn't lose considerable ground. Hopefully he will continue to develop. Rams were crap the last two years but this year holds (a little) hope. Branch, didn't play well last year, but I am hopeful that he will do well as WR2 to TJHoush. Shaky ground so far. Bryant Johnson, if Stafford plays he will probably be scared off by the coverage Calvin and turn to his dump offs and WR2. Johnson did well enough to make him a strong WR4 pick. If Culpepper is the QB, BJ's value should not change overmuch. Burress, pure desperation. Anyone think the Justice department will keep him off the field all season? He has a firearms arrest but he is a celebrity, I see him paying fines and community service and getting picked up somewhere. A mid-season potential payoff that could pay big dividends. High risk high reward. Robiskie should get opportunity in Cleveland.

WR grade = C- if Burress does not return to the field, B if he does. A for having the cajones to draft Burress.

S. Holmes

D. Avery

D. Branch

Br. Johnson

P. Burress

B Robiskie

TE - Clark, as long as he stays healthy, will be a big producer, especially with the loss of Harrison. It remains to be seen what changes to the offense will take place in Indy, but I have hopes for Clark to be the top TE a week or two. Coffman is a complete long shot but with the loss of TJ, he offers the short yardage and red zone target that Utecht did not develop into. Of course, he is a rookie and we don't know how he is progressing after his foot injury.

TE grade = B/B+, lowered due to uncertain depth

D. Clark

C. Coffman

K - Crosby is good, BSS picked for me during my absence in Jamaica and Mare has a job. Hopefully he will keep it and get a field goal or two on Crosby's bye or down weeks.

K grade = B

M. Crosby

Mare

D - Minn will do very well this year. Not a difference maker to carry my WRs but should have a couple really good games and few bad games. KC is just bye week coverage but who knows, even a blind pig finds a truffle sometimes.

D grade = B+ as the starting D is excellent and pretty sure will play every week, :shrug:

Minnesota

KC

Big thanks to BSS for covering for me rounds 15 - 18.

Overall grade - Starters = B+, team = B

Risk level = high due to WR, T Jones status, K Jones opportunity, Back up TE and D.

Strengths - QB1, QB2, RB1, TE1 and D1

Weakness - WR1, WR2, TE2, K2, D2

Bye week coverage - acceptable

Posting this since BSS inbox is full.

Thanks for covering rounds 15 - 18. I bought you a drink in Jamaica but since you weren't around, I had to drink it for you, :goodposting:

Posted my review of my team, should be good enough to be competitive, and who knows? If Burress lands somewhere without bars, I could have a strong team.

Looking forward to the season, have a great summer.

Dan

Haven't had time to give a complete review of my squad since I got back from the the trip, so here goes:

QBs

M. Schaub - Week 10 bye - Was targeting McNabb, but since he didn't last Schaub was my next highest ranked QB. If he can actually make it through a season without going on IR, he should produce with the weapons he has to throw to.

B. Quinn - Week 9 bye - Was all set to take Rosenfels as my back-up until the Farve rumors started flying. When I was left with Quinn, I fully intended to back him up with Anderson in the 17th round, but dpease took him in the 15th round.

Schaub has to buck the trend and stay healthy & Quinn has to win the job - Grade C+

RBs

M.J. Drew - Week 7 bye - The safest pick I could have made at #1 IMO.

J. Stewart - Week 4 bye - Stewart & Williams will continue to split carries & both will produce equally

Ri. Williams - Week 6 bye - Until I see otherwise, I believe Ricky will 10-20 touches per week. That's good enough for me.

J. Fargas - Week 9 bye - Huggy Bear Jr. gets no respect, but that's OK as long as he gets the ball when McFadden goes down...again.

1 stud, 2 part timers, and 1 gamble = Grade B

WRs

A. Boldin - Week 4 bye - I don't think AZ is stupid enough to let him go.

D. Bowe - Week 8 bye - Cassell's new favorite receiver, especially with no Gonzalez to take targets away.

D. Hester - Week 5 bye - Looking for a lot of games with 100+ yds on 4 or 5 receptions & a score or 2 with Cutler slinging it. This is Hester's break out year.

I. Bruce - Week 6 bye - I think he's a lock to get 50+ catches as teams will have to respect Crabtree.

C. Henry (CIN) - Week 8 bye - No stupid off the field issues this year (so far) + Palmer = great spot starter

I. Hilliard - Week 8 bye - Boring 40 catch WR. (I should have taken Harry Douglas a round earlier)

3 Very solid starters, 1 steady vet, 1 gamble w/ WR2 upside & 1 declining old vet - Grade A

TEs

J. Shockey - Week 5 bye -IF he can stay on the field, he will be a top 4 - 8 TE.

B. Scaife - Week 7 bye - The Titans drafted a project TE, so I expect Scaife to get his 50 or so catches.

Grade B-

Ks

R. Longwell - Week 9 bye - A starting kicker with a bye week different than my other starting kicker.

J. Kasay - Week 4 bye - A starting kicker with a bye week different than my other starting kicker.

Grade B

D/ST

NY Giants - Week 10 bye - Sacks galore

St. Louis - Week 9 bye - Maybe Spags can fix this train wreck.

Grade B-

Overall I think I have a mediocre team with WR being my strength. I won SSL4 last year with a supposedly weak WR corp and a solid group of RBs, so who knows how this will turn out.

Anyone see a dominant team(s)? There are a couple that make me say, nice job - glumpy, reaper, duckboy, etc but none that are a lock week to week. If I had to pick my favorite, it would come down to BnB, Thom Yorke or Aaron Rudnicki. I think I would tip my hat towards BnB as the closest to being dominant.

Team Legacy, a quick analysis from my eyeballs.

QB - grade B-/C+

Cassel will have decidely fewer targets to throw to and Bowe will face double-coverage with the absence of Gonzo. LJ is a horse and I think with Cassel learning new chemistry, system, etc, he won't produce above 75% of last year's annualized numbers. Sanchez, a rookie with a not so strong WR corp. I think NYJ will depend on the running game a bunch with him in the saddle.

RB - grade B

Gore is a stud and will do well as the feature back in SF. K Smith is still playing for Detroit isn't he? If Stafford starts, I see him getting keyed on a lot though Calvin will open things up for him if the passing game gets established. Plus/minus on that pick though he is a feature back, even if he is a Lion. Hightower, could be surprisingly effective, especially with James gone. Bush, kid won't get the opportunities to produce. Shame, I think he can play. Depth could be a problem here.

WR - grade B/B-

Smith should return to form. Only downside is the emergence of a superior ground game and weak support WR to draw coverage. Moose is a great player but long in the tooth. Walter, Curtis and Crayton are all serviceable WR2 but not the punch needed for a knock-out.

TE - grade B

Cooley will be your point man every week he plays. Kind of taken out of the game plan a couple time last year which concerned me about waiting past Dallas Clark. Not a strength but definitely won't cost you any games.

K/D grade - B

Nothing wonderful or horrible.

I worry mostly about your RB depth, lack of WR strength past Smith, and most especially the QBs you chose.

Constructive criticism, not meant to insult.

FYI people...a "C" = average. Meaning if your WR corp would rank 8th to 9th relative to the other teams, you would grade out as a C. A+ would be Brees and Brady.

Hey guys, I'm sorry I have dropped the ball on he team by team analysis but I am in the process of auditioning as a beat writer for the Miami Dolphins where I will be part of the press and at every practice reporting form the field and the games every Sunday. Between that, going to UM, and working full time you can imagine it has been pretty tight on time...I am running on 4 hrs of sleep a night and I still don't have enough hours in the day. I will try over Memorial Day to plug in anyone I missed and update what I see from the other teams.

All teams can look good right now, the summer OTAs and camps will help shape some teams and separate the men from the boys.

Good luck everyone, it was a privilage being able to compete with all of you, I think all of you are winners.

(Cue the sappy music)

FYI...Anyone that is interested in a best ball dyansty league please shoot me a PM. We are expanding the FIX dyansty leagues and I am looking to fill a few spots.

FIX 1 includes folks like Twilight, Team Legacy, Pimpin Aint Easy, Duckboy, Bicycle Seat Whiffer, MOP, Abrecher, Capt Hook, Radballs, FFWeasel, Abrecher, Money Moves, and the 2008 champ Jason Wood...put that in the ole pipe and smoke it. Can you tell I'm proud to commish these guys? It really is a treat and we are going to move forward with FIX 2, please shoot me a PM if you are interested.

MOP

Good luck everyone, it was a privilage being able to compete with all of you, I think all of you are winners.

MOP
Maybe you should find some really good steak sauce or BBQ sauce and consume a dictionary to get the writing gig
"If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like this do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of sh-t you expect from an office temp with a bad atitude."
and maybe 'allegory of the cave' for desert on that sig. I recommend chocolate and/or a strawberry sauce.A continuation of a high fiber literary diet might help.

PS: Never mispell a word again.

Wow, tough pre-season for my team. Bulger and Avery out, and Avery dealing with a stress fracture that could nag all season. Boller has played well at times in the past and could emerge.

Burress has become the whipping boy of the NYC and NFL. Burress was the winning factor in the Super Bowl win, undoubtedly he had death threats. Yes, he is a head case, but in most states it would be legal for him to have the weapon and it was a misfire (yes in a public place). That is more of a civil matter than criminal. Even if he plays, I don't know if my team will last eight weeks.

Branch has not emerged and news on Robiskie has been limited. Going to be a scary first couple weeks.

edit: actually, wasn't a misfire but an accidental discharge, and not the Travis Henry type.

Users who are viewing this thread