Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sgtrobo

16-team IDP dynasty - startup draft

Scoring -

1.5/solo

0.75/assist

3/sack or interception

1.5/pass defensed

1/25 return yards (KR/PR)

1/15 return yards (interception/fumble returns)

Roster requirements -

1 DT

2 DE

3 LB

2 CB

2 S

1 flex

My roster (thus far)

DT -

DE - Aaron Schobel, Kyle Vanden Bosch

LB - Patrick Willis, Stephen Cooper, EJ Henderson, London Fletcher

CB - Josh Wilson (please lord, let him be a KR beast again)

S -

Now, some SD homer is desperate for Stephen Cooper, and he has Justin Tuck and Jared Allen. If I give up Cooper, I'm aiming for one of those linemen as part of the deal, so

1) Tuck or Allen? Tuck seems like he's a DL's version of the original LT. Just pure sick, but Allen should see more snaps at DE since Tuck will probably move inside on some situations.

2) What else should we be including? Cooper will obviously outscore Tuck and Allen, but he's more easily replaceable. I would like to include one of my DL and get a DB off him (he doesn't have a LB Corps, just Urlacher). He has Adrian Wilson, Chris Hope at S, and Antoine Winfield and Chris Gamble at CB. Who would you target in my situation?

I really would like to get this deal done, as the thought of starting off with a pair of aging DE with injuries isn't real enticing.

with the impending departure of Foote and the obvious step up that Timmons takes:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=454928

how wise would it be to try to work a trade where I give up Fletcher and get Timmons? My short term concern is that Farrior is the obvious tackle-getter. Plus, the Steelers rarely have great tackle opportunities.

Long term, Timmons projects to fill James Harrison's role as OLB pass rusher.

What should I expect in return, if anything, if I were to offer London Fletcher for Timmons? My PRIMARY problem is that I can win this season, judging from the rosters so far, and Fletcher will almost be a guaranteed 90+ guy, whereas Timmons probably won't, and it's not much of a big play league.

am I overvalueing Timmons here?

1) Tuck or Allen? Tuck seems like he's a DL's version of the original LT. Just pure sick, but Allen should see more snaps at DE since Tuck will probably move inside on some situations.

Either would be an upgrade, I think Allen is the safer choice.

2) What else should we be including? Cooper will obviously outscore Tuck and Allen, but he's more easily replaceable. I would like to include one of my DL and get a DB off him (he doesn't have a LB Corps, just Urlacher). He has Adrian Wilson, Chris Hope at S, and Antoine Winfield and Chris Gamble at CB. Who would you target in my situation?

I'd avoid Gamble, and have the others currently ranked Wilson, Winfield, Hope, but any would be okay.

with the impending departure of Foote and the obvious step up that Timmons takes:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=454928

how wise would it be to try to work a trade where I give up Fletcher and get Timmons? My short term concern is that Farrior is the obvious tackle-getter. Plus, the Steelers rarely have great tackle opportunities.

Long term, Timmons projects to fill James Harrison's role as OLB pass rusher.

What should I expect in return, if anything, if I were to offer London Fletcher for Timmons? My PRIMARY problem is that I can win this season, judging from the rosters so far, and Fletcher will almost be a guaranteed 90+ guy, whereas Timmons probably won't, and it's not much of a big play league.

am I overvalueing Timmons here?

I think you're overvaluing Timmons some. He's got a chance to get to 90 solos, but more likely projects to 75-82 with a handful of big plays. Fletcher's downside should be 88+.

More specifically with regard to Timmons, though, I think he can push Farrior for the tackle lead this season and I don't see him moving outside. He may get some pass rushing snaps in the nickel package, but he'll be an ILB in the base package.

I think you're overvaluing Timmons some. He's got a chance to get to 90 solos, but more likely projects to 75-82 with a handful of big plays. Fletcher's downside should be 88+.

agreed, except....Fletcher's 35, Timmons is, what, 24?let's say 75 solos, Timmons gets big plays, Fletcher tends not to75 solos, 6 sacks, 2 interceptions, and all of a sudden, their tackle numbers look pretty similar, although I agree Fletcher will be the more consistent one.With my LBs leaning heavily toward tackles (Willis, EJ Henderson, Stephen Cooper), I wonder if Timmons wouldn't be an acceptable risk, especially considering Timmons' youth?

agreed, except....Fletcher's 35, Timmons is, what, 24?let's say 75 solos, Timmons gets big plays, Fletcher tends not to75 solos, 6 sacks, 2 interceptions, and all of a sudden, their tackle numbers look pretty similar, although I agree Fletcher will be the more consistent one.With my LBs leaning heavily toward tackles (Willis, EJ Henderson, Stephen Cooper), I wonder if Timmons wouldn't be an acceptable risk, especially considering Timmons' youth?
I don't disagree, but if you're looking to win now, the 2009 projection is the window. I think Timmons for Fletcher straight up in 2009 is overvaluing Timmons a bit. If you're planning on having Timmons as your LB4 and not necessarily having to use him until 2010, then I don't think you'll be losing much in the long term.

I don't disagree, but if you're looking to win now, the 2009 projection is the window. I think Timmons for Fletcher straight up in 2009 is overvaluing Timmons a bit. If you're planning on having Timmons as your LB4 and not necessarily having to use him until 2010, then I don't think you'll be losing much in the long term.
Well, look at it this way, My starting lineup goes from Willis-Fletcher-Cooper to Willis-EJ-Cooper, and I get a young guy in a dynamic defense with LB1 potential written all over himI do give up Mr. Consistency in London Fletcher, who hasn't had a season under 90 tackles this entire century (literally, I looked it up!). I just want to see if I can grab Timmons before his value shoots up.On a side note, talk of Foote ending up in Detroit, a la Earl Holmes is all over. Does Foote take MLB in Detroit? He's a smart guy and a run stuffer (but kinda sucks in coverage)

Well, look at it this way, My starting lineup goes from Willis-Fletcher-Cooper to Willis-EJ-Cooper, and I get a young guy in a dynamic defense with LB1 potential written all over himI do give up Mr. Consistency in London Fletcher, who hasn't had a season under 90 tackles this entire century (literally, I looked it up!). I just want to see if I can grab Timmons before his value shoots up.On a side note, talk of Foote ending up in Detroit, a la Earl Holmes is all over. Does Foote take MLB in Detroit? He's a smart guy and a run stuffer (but kinda sucks in coverage)
Foote would compete with Levy to play MLB. I'm not convinced either would be an every-down player this year.

Schobel/Cooper for Allen/(1 of Winfield/Wilson)