What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MEMPHIS BBQFest > 2023 > 1 Month Away - $100,000 budget due to inflation! (2 Viewers)

My dad's having health issues and I may not be able to go.

I have a King suite at Madison Butler for Thur-Sun. I'm into it for about $1050 if anyone is interested.

When I booked it online they were pissed at me since they had not yet raised the rates and wanted closer to $2000.

I have a King suite at Madison Butler for Thur-Sun. I'm into it for about $1050 if anyone is interested.

When I booked it online they were pissed at me since they had not yet raised the rates and wanted closer to $2000.
 Just looked, they have on JUNiOR suite left for about $1750 total for the same days

cosjobs said:

Wow. First off I'm very sorry to hear about your father.... hopefully everything goes okay. :(  

Second, that is a killer deal on one of the nicer rooms downtown. I'll keep a lookout if you end up certain you can't make it, GB :(  

Looking like ~50lbs of this evil concoction called "Rummy Bears", which are Haribo gummy bears, soaked for 48 hours in some sort of coconut rum. They are then placed in small jello-shot cups and handed/thrown to females (and effeminate males) in the booth. 

@sbonomo's brother lands in 4 hours or so.... he lands in 13 hours. Both are crashing with me tonight to tweak our competition Tomato sauce and dip into the bourbon cabinet a bit... then tomorrow morning it's down to the river. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We are looking into ways to Live-stream by way of the remote control HD camera they're mounting to the scaffold. Xfinity has 50MBPS wifi network down there. I'll keep you guys posted. At the very least we will be streaming a bit on FB and IG. 

Top Deck is tented and ready
Thursday 5-8:30 - Sponsor dinner for 100 CDW/Cisco/NetApp/Meraki folks 
Friday 5-8:30 - Sponsor dinner for 30 CDW/Lenovo folks 
Otherwise, will be open for folks to hang out, watch games (DirecTV feed), and will have an independent sound system so can pipe thru the TV audio or music from downstairs. 

Truck 1 of A/V Gear has arrived and crews are setting up

Weather looking great now, with friday morning showers looking like the worst threat

Excited for my buddy Patrick Dodd to get in town and come hang out (and play Friday afternoon)

just caught up on the last few pages. bummer no Miriam she was smokin

all of this prep and details sounds like its going to be epic

Fire Marshall will set a limitation on our capacity based on various factors (square footage, staircase capacity, etc. Because we opt for single staircase (4' wide) we get dinged on max capacity a bit for our upstairs square footage. They always set them artificially low. I'm guessing we'll be set at around 140-160 people and we might push nearly double that at peak times. We will frequently self-restrict and close the door due to crowding and move to a one-out, one-in system run by the hired security at the front door. 

One year we actually bent the heavy duty scaffold pipe under the main dancefloor area due to a combination of weight of bar (holding 15 cases of booze), kegerator, and guests dancing/jumping. We now have scaffold crews use doubled up trusses for added strength. 

We are looking into ways to Live-stream by way of the remote control HD camera they're mounting to the scaffold. Xfinity has 50MBPS wifi network down there. I'll keep you guys posted. At the very least we will be streaming a bit on FB and IG. 

Top Deck is tented and ready
Thursday 5-8:30 - Sponsor dinner for 100 CDW/Cisco/NetApp/Meraki folks 
Friday 5-8:30 - Sponsor dinner for 30 CDW/Lenovo folks 
Otherwise, will be open for folks to hang out, watch games (DirecTV feed), and will have an independent sound system so can pipe thru the TV audio or music from downstairs. 

Truck 1 of A/V Gear has arrived and crews are setting up

Weather looking great now, with friday morning showers looking like the worst threat

Excited for my buddy Patrick Dodd to get in town and come hang out (and play Friday afternoon)

Of course it will rain when we are doing ancillary dishes.  

Fire Marshall will set a limitation on our capacity based on various factors (square footage, staircase capacity, etc. Because we opt for single staircase (4' wide) we get dinged on max capacity a bit for our upstairs square footage. They always set them artificially low. I'm guessing we'll be set at around 140-160 people and we might push nearly double that at peak times. We will frequently self-restrict and close the door due to crowding and move to a one-out, one-in system run by the hired security at the front door. 

One year we actually bent the heavy duty scaffold pipe under the main dancefloor area due to a combination of weight of bar (holding 15 cases of booze), kegerator, and guests dancing/jumping. We now have scaffold crews use doubled up trusses for added strength. 

Two years ago at the peak of Friday night, the bar was swaying back and forth a good five - six feet.  I started to get nervous when our scaffolding guy (team member)  said we need to reduce the number of people on top.  It held and that was an epic night!

Two years ago at the peak of Friday night, the bar was swaying back and forth a good five - six feet.  I started to get nervous when our scaffolding guy (team member)  said we need to reduce the number of people on top.  It held and that was an epic night!
:lol: Yeah we went 3 stories tall and only 24' wide. Now we're just 2 stories tall and 34' wide so it's helped a lot. 

The year before we went a TALL 2 stories and were only 14' wide (had a 10' wide trailer)... THAT was a trip too. had to tie scaffold into the trailer. Drinks were sloshing out of the cups on the bar from the floor bowing like a trampoline.  I got a call from Scaffold guy the next morning on that one.... he was not happy. :lol:

I guess it's go big or go home. Looks like the booths within about a 2 block radius won't be needing to hire a DJ.
Make no bones about it...we are by far the exception to the rule. MOST teams have a couple speakers an ipod. A few have systems but nothing even close to us. 

We've had teams move away, including one of the most notorious "party" teams (SwineO's), because it was a bad fit. They had a crappy little system and an inflated perception of their party being epic. They decided to engage in "speaker wars" one year...where one team breaks the general "maintain respectful levels" rule and tries to outdo the neighbor. This was a bad decision for them as it was the equivalent to bringing a pellet gun to a ICBM fight. They moved the next year. 

The Memphis Fire Department has a large (multi-story) presence each year. They now request to be next to us because at night they can just piggyback off our DJs (among the best in the city), and sound system (The best in the park). We take their requests and play stuff they like. It works out great. If either needs Beer, sugar, honey, liquor, etc we just run next door or pass it across the fence. Great relationship. 

We always make a point of greeting new neighbors wednesday bearing gifts (booze/meat) and let them to let us know if they need anything at all or if we are bothering them. 

All about being good neighbors. 

Next year I'd love to arrange bringing down a handful of girls from the Providence strip club I'm known to occasionally visit. I'm thinking 3-4 girls that could serve as booth ambassadors. Would you be willing to set up some private rooms on the top floor for dances? I'm thinking $50 for the team and $100 for the girl for each 15 minutes. Anything the girls work out beyond that with an interested party is between two consenting adults.

Next year I'd love to arrange bringing down a handful of girls from the Providence strip club I'm known to occasionally visit. I'm thinking 3-4 girls that could serve as booth ambassadors. Would you be willing to set up some private rooms on the top floor for dances? I'm thinking $50 for the team and $100 for the girl for each 15 minutes. Anything the girls work out beyond that with an interested party is between two consenting adults.
:lol: I can tell you right now a few guys on the team would show up with large stacks of cash. 

cosjobs said:

Sorry about your dad

@cosjobs :(  

how are you doing buddy? 

Maybe it's cheesy but had half the team over the house tonight drinking bourbon and I was kinda wondering if you were doing okay GB :(  

I guess this ####show kicks off 20% or so at best tomorrow.. who knows. I've killed a 750ml of my Weller paper label with the guys tonight... its tradition. Anyone from the team that wants to stop in..

@sbonomo update from downtown? ;)  

@cosjobs :(  

how are you doing buddy? 

Maybe it's cheesy but had half the team over the house tonight drinking bourbon and I was kinda wondering if you were doing okay GB :(  

I guess this ####show kicks off 20% or so at best tomorrow.. who knows. I've killed a 750ml of my Weller paper label with the guys tonight... its tradition. Anyone from the team that wants to stop in..

@sbonomo update from downtown? ;)  
Hey gb, things are looking good. Health on the upswing and I really need a break. We are going to take off tomorrow and probably target Nacogdoches to spend the night, then arrive in Memphis Thursday afternoon.

Holy #### last night was nuts. The local abc news basically did a 2 min feature on our booth including interviewing me and broadcasting live from in front of our setup... the booth is flat out absurd. Confirmed You can see us from 3 different states. 
just saw it...looking good man...love the pig costumes.

I just alerted the boys to start banking vacation time and start being nice to their wives b/c I'm making it next year.

Just got in. Room not ready do they are upgrading our suite and gave us vouchers for food and booze while we wait. I like this joint. We'll probably walk over around seven. Anyone else at the Madison?

Holy #### last night was nuts. The local abc news basically did a 2 min feature on our booth including interviewing me and broadcasting live from in front of our setup... the booth is flat out absurd. Confirmed You can see us from 3 different states. 
When I was in Four Corners, I ripped a fart smelled in Four states

So sore

So tired

the southern pride rotisserie system "crashed" destroying everything inside it.

we went through about 2000 beers, 100 bottles of liquor, and nearly 100 gallons of mixers. We are having to reload almost everything.... holy #### 

huge lines to get in. Capacity crowd had door closed for hours. Sponsors incredibly happy, pledging more cash next year. 

absolute madness.

So sore

So tired

the southern pride rotisserie system "crashed" destroying everything inside it.

we went through about 2000 beers, 100 bottles of liquor, and nearly 100 gallons of mixers. We are having to reload almost everything.... holy #### 

huge lines to get in. Capacity crowd had door closed for hours. Sponsors incredibly happy, pledging more cash next year. 

absolute madness.
hard to decipher....it went well, or it was a mess....or both?  "destroying everything inside it" reads like you lost all your bbq

Shear pins sheared, racks were a twisted tangled mess of metal on the inner floor of the machine. Somehow salvaged about  80-90% of our ribs. 

Looks like smoker is SOMEHOW being fixed now and will be online in time for lunch service. 

Lots of pics on Instagram and Facebook. Will post more when I have time ??

Everything went well. Not sure how but someone zero fights despite serving an ocean of booze. Well, there was that one crazy ##### who attacked @sbonomo :lol:

@Tusken Raider's booth next door was getting it good too! They were live savers with an IV bag around 4pm. Always good to hang with those guys. We have an open door with them and they came by throughout the night for drinks and to hang out. Just great dudes all around 

Users who are viewing this thread