What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MEMPHIS BBQFest > 2023 > 1 Month Away - $100,000 budget due to inflation! (6 Viewers)

'tipsy mcstagger said:
Talk to me about the new smoker. it looks like a gas smoker....true?....im seeing on their site it looks like a charcoal cooker....true? Folks win competitions with charcoal? not trying to be a smarty, but that is contrary to my instincts and tastebuds.
NOT gas... backwoods is a charcoal/wood fired smoker. They are legendary on the competition circuit for their efficiency, build-quality and ease of use. They're very well insulated and pack a LOT Of cooking space into a small footprint. There can be plenty of debate on wood vs charcoal vs pellets... I personally think pellet poopers are a mockery of the hobby, but some folks manage to win with them. I'll get some more photos up when I get it to my house, and you'll get to see it up close and personal in about 30 days ;) We won't be using it for any critical cooks because nobody is familiar enough with it yet to rely on it for turn ins.

'SofaKings said:
Our Shiny new Backwoods Competitorthat we took delivery of an hour ago. $3700 including heat diverter. Not bad.

The inside is too clean. Going to season it and then put a case of Curly's Baby Back Slabs through it next weekend (13 slabs) to pop the cherry.
MY EYES!!!
Yeah it's wayyyy too shiny and new. Needs a nice thick layer of pork residue inside.Photo of the day: Who wants to smoke this rack?

BONUS PIC: My girl reppin the hardware

Last edited by a moderator:
'tipsy mcstagger said:
Talk to me about the new smoker. it looks like a gas smoker....true?....im seeing on their site it looks like a charcoal cooker....true? Folks win competitions with charcoal? not trying to be a smarty, but that is contrary to my instincts and tastebuds.
That's why I said earlier I was sad to see them lose the love of wood, but I'm a tradionalist stick burner and always will be. It is charcoal and you can use chips/chunks but its biggest advantage (comp results) is that you can really controll the temps to a tee and it needs very little monitoring, add a guru and its pretty much set it and forget it

'tipsy mcstagger said:
That's why I said earlier I was sad to see them lose the love of wood, but I'm a tradionalist stick burner and always will be. It is charcoal and you can use chips/chunks but its biggest advantage (comp results) is that you can really controll the temps to a tee and it needs very little monitoring, add a guru and its pretty much set it and forget it
i cannot wait to compare my stuff on my rig vs this machine. i need to know if my love of burning wood is just for show or if it really makes a difference.

'tipsy mcstagger said:
i cannot wait to compare my stuff on my rig vs this machine. i need to know if my love of burning wood is just for show or if it really makes a difference.
It makes a difference if for no other than your passion for the food that you are producing. Competition cooking and restuarente cooking are very different, judges are taught what they are to look for (like) in the foods they are tasting, your customers like what they like of thier own accord and seeing or knowing the passion/time you put matters to them.My guess is that outside of regional differences you will find that the food from both are very good, but pride will make yours taste better :banned:

'SofaKings said:
Our Shiny new Backwoods Competitorthat we took delivery of an hour ago. $3700 including heat diverter. Not bad.

The inside is too clean. Going to season it and then put a case of Curly's Baby Back Slabs through it next weekend (13 slabs) to pop the cherry.
MY EYES!!!
Yeah it's wayyyy too shiny and new. Needs a nice thick layer of pork residue inside.Photo of the day: Who wants to smoke this rack?

BONUS PIC: My girl reppin the hardware
Why oh why did your breasty friend have to ruin those with that tat?

This looks like a great event. My brother has wanted to get into something like this for a while. Given that i just found this thread, i am probably too late for this year. however, i will be following and hopefully making plans for 2013. :thumbup: Just out of curiosity is the Westin on Beale streen anywhere near the event (i am platinum and have guaranteed availability regardless of hotel availability :ph34r: )

This looks like a great event. My brother has wanted to get into something like this for a while. Given that i just found this thread, i am probably too late for this year. however, i will be following and hopefully making plans for 2013. :thumbup: Just out of curiosity is the Westin on Beale streen anywhere near the event (i am platinum and have guaranteed availability regardless of hotel availability :ph34r: )
Nice! :thumbup: I stayed in the westin last year (and again this past st patricks day). It is a fantastic location. Arguably the best in the city for this event. You will be quite happy staying there.

IMO there isn't going to be much difference between wood fired BBQ and Charcoal fired BBQ with smoke woods added. The chunks on the charcoal seem to provide more than enough smoke to provide the desired flavoring (more is not always better with smoke)... and obviously the heat is going to be there as well. Those are the two primary components of a good "cook". Simply using only charcoal wouldn't provide very good flavor. obviously. :) Megla is right regarding the simplicity of these units. You can pack a tremendous amount of meat into a unit the size of a small freezer chest and they will hover at desired temps with little interference. In competition setting where you want to time your cooks to finish as close to the turn in time as possible, having that level of control and consistency is always a plus. Now, I have NO doubts that with all the experience you have with your lang, you will be able to land your ribs in a 15-20 minute window come turn-in day...which is why your Lang will be our primary cooker. However many people aren't able to do that. Also for overnight cooks of whole hog or even shoulder, many cooks like to have the leeway to grab a few hours of shuteye without being paranoid they will wake to a nightmare condition in the smoker. :shock: It comes down to doing what you love. If I was to open a BBQ place, I would definitely prefer to operate in a manner like the texas smokehouses with fires feeding into brick pits.

Today's Pic:

MODERATION IS KEY!

Every year our pitmaster breaks out the "Faux Pass Out" schtick. He lies on the ground appparently passed out, surrounds himself with empty liquor bottles and such. Then we carry on as if nobody sees him. Every year someone notices, freaks out, and EMTs swing by (they are on staff in the park). Usually right as they show up and start setting up to take his vitals and such, he leaps to his feet and walks into the tent and pours a beer. EMT's usually have a "WTF!?" look on their faces before the see 50-100 people laughing their asses off in the booth. They then laugh as well and join us in the tent for a bite to eat. NEver fails to be a good laugh.

Before folks lecture me about abusing resources of medical personnel... the park is crawling with these guys. They err very far on the side of caution with regards to that stuff (Given there are 100k+ folks drinking all day).

'[icon] said:
Today's Pic:

MODERATION IS KEY!

Every year our pitmaster breaks out the "Faux Pass Out" schtick. He lies on the ground appparently passed out, surrounds himself with empty liquor bottles and such. Then we carry on as if nobody sees him. Every year someone notices, freaks out, and EMTs swing by (they are on staff in the park). Usually right as they show up and start setting up to take his vitals and such, he leaps to his feet and walks into the tent and pours a beer. EMT's usually have a "WTF!?" look on their faces before the see 50-100 people laughing their asses off in the booth. They then laugh as well and join us in the tent for a bite to eat. NEver fails to be a good laugh.

Before folks lecture me about abusing resources of medical personnel... the park is crawling with these guys. They err very far on the side of caution with regards to that stuff (Given there are 100k+ folks drinking all day).
aka streetlight superman....this is soooooo up my alley.

Todays pic: some folks even make their own Slab Yo Mama BBQ Themed attire.

For those that are curious: Rough Layout of the Booth (To Scale)

• The grey area to the top is our 40x10' BBQ Trailer. It has a nice wooden deck that doubles as a stage, then a raised area with shelving, counters, sink, etc that is the kitchen. There is also a staircase that heads upstairs to a 2nd level. When we have bands/DJ/etc they set up on the lower deck level and face out toward the crowd.

• The brown area is our 14x40 scaffolding they are building next to the trailer. THe stairs are to the back (left) and head up to another level of the same size. The bottom right corner is our entrance. We will have off-duty Memphis SWAT members with sidearms checking ID's and working security. :thumbup: As you enter the tent the bar is to your right. We have a True TDD-3 Kegerator (2 tower, 4 tap) and then a custom bar my pop and I built that doubles as lockable bar storage.

We will be adding a "VIP" line this year with a red carpet thrown down to accommodate sponsors and team members who want quicker access to drinks. We had 2000 standard wristbands made and 100 VIP bands made. Most of the time you can just walk up and get a drink. Last year during peak times when we were having regulator issues with the Kegerator's CO2 supply, we would have 3 lines backed up 10-20 deep. That's a bad thing. I don't like waiting for drinks so I don't want our guests to. We've upgraded the system this year and expect to be able to churn out drinks at a rate of about 600 drinks / 750 beers per hour. Ideally the wait for VIP is never more than 60 seconds for a drink.

• The green area out back (to the left) is our "extra" space. everyone steals space from behind their assigned space depending on how much is available. I'm HOPING for 20 feet back there but have this layout reworked for 15 and 10' allotments. Our scaffolding guy is hitting the BBQfest offices today to look at the actual engineering drawings to let us know what we will have.

As you step off the scaffold you will be forced to go right (to the porta potties) or left into the pit area. The pit is team/pitmasters only obviously. In our pit we will have Tipsey's Lang 84 Deluxe smoker, plus our new Backwoods Competitor smoker. We'll also have a Turkey Fryer (for wings and such) and then several prep tables and some other storage.

Hopefully that helps you guys who may be coming, or those who are "following along at home" to visualize what the setup is going to be like this year. :thumbup:

Todays pic: some folks even make their own Slab Yo Mama BBQ Themed attire.

For those that are curious: Rough Layout of the Booth (To Scale)

• The grey area to the top is our 40x10' BBQ Trailer. It has a nice wooden deck that doubles as a stage, then a raised area with shelving, counters, sink, etc that is the kitchen. There is also a staircase that heads upstairs to a 2nd level. When we have bands/DJ/etc they set up on the lower deck level and face out toward the crowd.

• The brown area is our 14x40 scaffolding they are building next to the trailer. THe stairs are to the back (left) and head up to another level of the same size. The bottom right corner is our entrance. We will have off-duty Memphis SWAT members with sidearms checking ID's and working security. :thumbup: As you enter the tent the bar is to your right. We have a True TDD-3 Kegerator (2 tower, 4 tap) and then a custom bar my pop and I built that doubles as lockable bar storage.

We will be adding a "VIP" line this year with a red carpet thrown down to accommodate sponsors and team members who want quicker access to drinks. We had 2000 standard wristbands made and 100 VIP bands made. Most of the time you can just walk up and get a drink. Last year during peak times when we were having regulator issues with the Kegerator's CO2 supply, we would have 3 lines backed up 10-20 deep. That's a bad thing. I don't like waiting for drinks so I don't want our guests to. We've upgraded the system this year and expect to be able to churn out drinks at a rate of about 600 drinks / 750 beers per hour. Ideally the wait for VIP is never more than 60 seconds for a drink.

• The green area out back (to the left) is our "extra" space. everyone steals space from behind their assigned space depending on how much is available. I'm HOPING for 20 feet back there but have this layout reworked for 15 and 10' allotments. Our scaffolding guy is hitting the BBQfest offices today to look at the actual engineering drawings to let us know what we will have.

As you step off the scaffold you will be forced to go right (to the porta potties) or left into the pit area. The pit is team/pitmasters only obviously. In our pit we will have Tipsey's Lang 84 Deluxe smoker, plus our new Backwoods Competitor smoker. We'll also have a Turkey Fryer (for wings and such) and then several prep tables and some other storage.

Hopefully that helps you guys who may be coming, or those who are "following along at home" to visualize what the setup is going to be like this year. :thumbup:
Where's the 'catch a few zzzs/sleep/passout' area :banned:

Today's Pic: What cookout is complete without a satellite hookup for TV?

Just got off the phone with our pitmaster courtney (in south carolina) and tipsy (in new orleans) to work out some details for the cooker, smokewoods to order (hickory, oak, apple and peach), and the menu for wednesday night (team night).

Looks like Tipsy will be bringing up a couple sacks of oysters and we'll be doing them chargrilled, rockerfeller, and raw.... plus he'll be whipping up a big batch of Jambalaya and griling up some PoBoy Rolls. :excited: :excited: :excited:

Gotta say for the "new guy", he's helping out with the event in a LOT of ways. :thumbup:

About 3 weeks to go! Can't wait...

Today's Pic: What cookout is complete without a satellite hookup for TV?

Just got off the phone with our pitmaster courtney (in south carolina) and tipsy (in new orleans) to work out some details for the cooker, smokewoods to order (hickory, oak, apple and peach), and the menu for wednesday night (team night).

Looks like Tipsy will be bringing up a couple sacks of oysters and we'll be doing them chargrilled, rockerfeller, and raw.... plus he'll be whipping up a big batch of Jambalaya and griling up some PoBoy Rolls. :excited: :excited: :excited:

Gotta say for the "new guy", he's helping out with the event in a LOT of ways. :thumbup:

About 3 weeks to go! Can't wait...
Still pissed I can't make it this year. I'd love to get down there and see it all in action. Love all the pics. looks like its gonna be epic :banned:

TODAY'S PIC: THe 2010 (I think?) Slab Yo Mama BBQ T Shirt.... The theme country that year was Turkey. The design was deemed a little risque so we had to run a separate batch of boring shirts for the sponsors. Damn finance guys....

Meeting with the scaffolding guys today to FINALIZE the layout. Due to space constraints we're going to have to do an offset design with a 37' upper deck on a 30' lower deck. Gotta make room for Tipsey's monster smoker. :thumbup:

She's got a lot more than just that one. I'm usually not a huge fan of tats on girls, but I personally think she pulls them off fantastically. :shrug:
Tatoos on women are like any other accessory... some can pull them off, some can't. The ones who can typically look good in other areas as well, & vice versa (disclaimer: I dig the tatooed females :wub: . Mrs. TR has a few of her own.)You'll definitely see all types down here, & it's a great place to mingle & people watch. Most folks are usually pretty cool toward each other. I met lots of folks at [icon's] booth last year, but don't remember her. Of course, it's hard to recall everything you encounter at BBQfest, so who knows...I'll swing by again this year :thumbup:

She's got a lot more than just that one. I'm usually not a huge fan of tats on girls, but I personally think she pulls them off fantastically. :shrug:
Tatoos on women are like any other accessory... some can pull them off, some can't. The ones who can typically look good in other areas as well, & vice versa (disclaimer: I dig the tatooed females :wub: . Mrs. TR has a few of her own.)You'll definitely see all types down here, & it's a great place to mingle & people watch. Most folks are usually pretty cool toward each other. I met lots of folks at [icon's] booth last year, but don't remember her. Of course, it's hard to recall everything you encounter at BBQfest, so who knows...I'll swing by again this year :thumbup:
Sounds good. You still have my cell? If not shoot me a PM and I'll pass it along.

Is this event a fundraiser, or a money maker - or you just hope to break even and have a good time?

Is this event a fundraiser, or a money maker - or you just hope to break even and have a good time?
Hope to break even and have a good time. Just to give you guys an idea of what this sorta thing looks like.... 2012 BUDGET:

REVENUE:

Red Bull Sponsor: $6,000 + unlimited product, and other stuff

Financial Firm Sponsor: $5,000

Single Sponsor: $1000 guy who comes in from VA Beach and donates just to have his own table and party.

SC Fraternitiy Sponsor (Meat Sponsor): $1650

Membership Dues: $3975

Bardog Sponsor (Bar): 20 Kegs of Beer

EXPENSES:

Entry Fee: $2810

Rentals 637.48 (tables chairs, etc)

Competition Ribs 305.79

WRistbands 139.51

T Shirts: 1600 (Sell for $15ea I think)

Cups: $700 (custom Slab cups)

Port o Potties 251.28

Electrical 360.00 (two 220v 20A services)

Ice Machine Rental 300.44

Charcoal/Wood: $200ish

Security: $200

Sauces: $300

Sams Club (Meat/Sides) : 1650.00

Wednesday NIght Dinner: $300ish (Oysters, Jambalaya, Po Boy Bread, etc ... Tipsy Cooking)

Presentation Materials: 150 (MBN requires onsite judging)

Whole Hog Package: 125.00 (extra tickets and 24 hour team passes for large teams)

Flags: $333 (decorate booth)

Carpet: 485 (green outdoor turf carpet for both levels of scaffolding)

MISC: 370.00

Music PA System Rental: 450.00

Scaffolding $2800

Band: $300

Ice: $350

Park Admission Tickets for sponsors, band, security: $1,150

there is more to it but esseintailly this year we will be operating on a $20,000 budget for what is essentially a 3.5 day party. :excited:

'[icon] said:
'gmbacm said:
Hope to break even and have a good time. Just to give you guys an idea of what this sorta thing looks like.... 2012 BUDGET:

REVENUE:

Red Bull Sponsor: $6,000 + unlimited product, and other stuff

Financial Firm Sponsor: $5,000

Single Sponsor: $1000 guy who comes in from VA Beach and donates just to have his own table and party.

SC Fraternitiy Sponsor (Meat Sponsor): $1650

Membership Dues: $3975

Bardog Sponsor (Bar): 20 Kegs of Beer

EXPENSES:

Entry Fee: $2810

Rentals 637.48 (tables chairs, etc)

Competition Ribs 305.79

WRistbands 139.51

T Shirts: 1600 (Sell for $15ea I think)

Cups: $700 (custom Slab cups)

Port o Potties 251.28

Electrical 360.00 (two 220v 20A services)

Ice Machine Rental 300.44

Charcoal/Wood: $200ish

Security: $200

Sauces: $300

Sams Club (Meat/Sides) : 1650.00

Wednesday NIght Dinner: $300ish (Oysters, Jambalaya, Po Boy Bread, etc ... Tipsy Cooking)

Presentation Materials: 150 (MBN requires onsite judging)

Whole Hog Package: 125.00 (extra tickets and 24 hour team passes for large teams)

Flags: $333 (decorate booth)

Carpet: 485 (green outdoor turf carpet for both levels of scaffolding)

MISC: 370.00

Music PA System Rental: 450.00

Scaffolding $2800

Band: $300

Ice: $350

Park Admission Tickets for sponsors, band, security: $1,150

there is more to it but esseintailly this year we will be operating on a $20,000 budget for what is essentially a 3.5 day party. :excited:
cool - thanks for the breakdown. membership dues? Do you enter many competitions? Do you win much for placing at the competitions?

You'll notice the absence of liquor from that list. I front the bar every year via negotiated partial sponsorships. Last year we got sobieski vodka for $10.50/handle... bought 8 cases and ran out on day 2. Thankfully the bar had generated over $2000 in tips at that point and we just went and bought 5 or 6 more cases. Still hammering out my options for this year but hoping we get the same arrangement. If so we'll be buying 9 cases this year. Two other teammates' GF/Wives are getting together with mine to make about 3 or 4 thousand jello shots. New this year (due to the sponsorship), they're making 1000 "Red Bull Jello Shots" Featuring 70% Red Bull, 30% Vodka, and then unflavored Gelatin". I think they're going to be a hit. :yes:

Then we will have about 100 mason jars full of the "Apple Pie Moonshine" that two of us are making/bottling out of our own pockets as well. All these expenses are reimbursed out of the bar with the remainder of the bar proceeds going to the team to help fund the next year's party.

Here is a rough version of the large "Menu" that will be hanging behind the bar.

cool - thanks for the breakdown. membership dues? Do you enter many competitions? Do you win much for placing at the competitions?
Team member dues are $300 and we are exclusive with membership. Not kidding when I say we could go from 15 to 50 members in 1 day if we opened things up to the folks waiting to get on board. We prefer to keep things small, however. Too many cooks in the kitchen and it gets away from the spirit of the team which is a small group of good friends who get together once a year to throw one of the biggest parties in the city in the heart of one of the biggest parties in the country. Our dues are much lower than most other teams (despite operating with a higher budget than 95% of the teams out there) due to our ability to secure sponsors as well as being lucky enough to have folks volunteer to help. Just about every other bar staff at MIM is paid or keeps their tips. Ours aren't. We have several folks who show up for load-in / load-out (####loads of manual labor) who aren't even on the team just because they want to contribute SOMETHING. One or two of those guys has been invited onto the team when spots arose. A local DJ offered his services free of charge, lugging gear down through a mile long crowded park nightly for several years before he finally was offered a spot on the team. Also, if you land a sponsor greater than 1500 then you are exempt from dues for the year. I've not paid dues in many years. This year I landed 7k of our 12k of cash sponsors. The ticket is to be on the team its not just bringing $300 to the table. Anyone can do that. YOu have to bring something else to the team. Some guys are party planners, some are number crunchers, some are great in the kitchen.... etc It's actually really cool to be able to create something like this that so many people love and look forward to every year. Each year I have my "Sponge beer".... where I just go up onto the upper level in the midst of peak traffic time, and I just lean over the railing, and sip on my beer and "soak it in"...watching all of my friends (and guests I don't know) having the time of their lives. Cheesy as it may be, it makes all the hundreds of hours I (and many others on this team) spend in preparation for it every year. :thumbup:

We need pics of her in a bikini eating BBQ or something :stalker:
Considering I'm poolside with her at least 2 or 3 weekends a month in the summer I'll see what I can do :lmao:
:excited: :excited: :hifive:

We need pics of her in a bikini eating BBQ or something :stalker:
Considering I'm poolside with her at least 2 or 3 weekends a month in the summer I'll see what I can do :lmao:
Tell her guster says hi :jawdrop:

Working on a playlist for BBQfest now... currently have a 110 Track, 8 hour long list to shuffle through during the day. Very eclectic mix. Robert Johnson to Rusted Root....OAR to The Outfield....Sublime to Stevie Ray....

The goal is to use an Apple Airport Express box to create a musical Airplay network in our tent where anyone with an iPhone can send songs to the PA to listen to. We'll post the network ID code in the booth and voila, giant community Jukebox. :thumbup: Another case of this being anything but "Just another cookout" :lmao:

Team member dues are $300 and we are exclusive with membership. Not kidding when I say we could go from 15 to 50 members in 1 day if we opened things up to the folks waiting to get on board. We prefer to keep things small, however. Too many cooks in the kitchen and it gets away from the spirit of the team which is a small group of good friends who get together once a year to throw one of the biggest parties in the city in the heart of one of the biggest parties in the country. Our dues are much lower than most other teams (despite operating with a higher budget than 95% of the teams out there) due to our ability to secure sponsors as well as being lucky enough to have folks volunteer to help. Just about every other bar staff at MIM is paid or keeps their tips. Ours aren't. We have several folks who show up for load-in / load-out (####loads of manual labor) who aren't even on the team just because they want to contribute SOMETHING. One or two of those guys has been invited onto the team when spots arose. A local DJ offered his services free of charge, lugging gear down through a mile long crowded park nightly for several years before he finally was offered a spot on the team. Also, if you land a sponsor greater than 1500 then you are exempt from dues for the year. I've not paid dues in many years. This year I landed 7k of our 12k of cash sponsors. The ticket is to be on the team its not just bringing $300 to the table. Anyone can do that. YOu have to bring something else to the team. Some guys are party planners, some are number crunchers, some are great in the kitchen.... etc It's actually really cool to be able to create something like this that so many people love and look forward to every year. Each year I have my "Sponge beer".... where I just go up onto the upper level in the midst of peak traffic time, and I just lean over the railing, and sip on my beer and "soak it in"...watching all of my friends (and guests I don't know) having the time of their lives. Cheesy as it may be, it makes all the hundreds of hours I (and many others on this team) spend in preparation for it every year. :thumbup:
:goodposting:

Today's Photo:

THE BEST SPONSOR EVER each morning when you're trying to get your legs back under you....

6 Cases on the free went a long way to helping our patrons get right...

I often bust your balls icon (that's what we do here, right?) but I do think it's cool that you and your friends get together and have a weekend blast like this every year. I wouldn't have the energy or motivation to pull it off, but it's awesome that you and your guys do. :thumbup:

Oh, and I've been looking for a good bloody mary mix for awhile now, so tell your sponsors you're already +1 due simply to posting a pic of ZingZang in this thread.

:thumbup:
Oh, and I've been looking for a good bloody mary mix for awhile now, so tell your sponsors you're already +1 due simply to posting a pic of ZingZang in this thread.
Zing Zang is pretty much THE bloody mary mix. I'm sure there are other boutique brands out there but these guys have it down. Of all the places around any town that have a rep for serving a great bloody mary, I'd wager at least half of them simply pour Zing Zang. You can doctor it to your tastes but it really doesn't need it.

:thumbup:

Zing Zang is pretty much THE bloody mary mix. I'm sure there are other boutique brands out there but these guys have it down. Of all the places around any town that have a rep for serving a great bloody mary, I'd wager at least half of them simply pour Zing Zang. You can doctor it to your tastes but it really doesn't need it.
I like a good bloody mary that I can chew on. :thumbup:

BTW Looks like Joe Bryant may be coming in town Monday when Tipsy arrives and the 3 of us might go on a 24 hour BBQ Tour of the local hot spots between dinner Monday and Lunch Tuesday. Should be good times... gonna have to work on not ordering too much if we're going to hit 6-7 'Que joints in a 24 hour span.... :o

BTW Looks like Joe Bryant may be coming in town Monday when Tipsy arrives and the 3 of us might go on a 24 hour BBQ Tour of the local hot spots between dinner Monday and Lunch Tuesday. Should be good times... gonna have to work on not ordering too much if we're going to hit 6-7 'Que joints in a 24 hour span.... :o
Hopefully, there will be plenty of :pics: .

'BigJohn said:
'[icon] said:
6 - 7??? Wimp. I've got 12 places on the list...course i get a head start monday when i get in, but MAN THE HECK UP Icon..Tipsys comin! :banned: :banned:

'BigJohn said:
'[icon] said:
6 - 7??? Wimp. I've got 12 places on the list...course i get a head start monday when i get in, but MAN THE HECK UP Icon..Tipsys comin! :banned: :banned:
I'm still waiting on this mythical List. ####, I guess I'm going to go ahead and put in for taking tuesday off too. Guess I'm taking the whole damn week :lmao: I'll go on record that there are only a handful of BBQ joints in this city I'd give my hard earned money to outside a special occasion such as this. My flight from in from PBI lands at 3:25 so I should be at the house by 4pm. What time were you planning on getting into town? And post/send this list! You've got me curious now. Is Joe confirmed?

Southern Living apparently is a big fan of our name :lmao:

FYI Found out our neighbors are Smokers Anonymous and Pot Bellie Cookers. Here's to hoping we don't get any crotchety old man teams. Those guys are the type to want to sit in their tent in silence and will file complaints left and right if you so much as sneeze wrong. Last year I think we had 40-something complaints filed on us and that wasn't even a record year to my knowledge. :lmao:

This just in, folks. While this is the World Championship of BBQ, it's also the Mardis Gras of BBQ. Get over yourselves. Our music/crowd isn't messing with your rub or your pit's temps. We're only rowdy from 5-midnight on wed/thurs/fri. Suck it up or go to another competition.

MIM Would be smart to set up "quiet zone" options though for teams that want to be grouped around other teams that are just there to cook.

'[icon] said:
I need you to convince JB to reinstate Fuller, now known as "Guest 54788", back to active status.

'[icon] said:
I need you to convince JB to reinstate Fuller, now known as "Guest 54788", back to active status.
RIP Shantytown. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread