What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MEMPHIS BBQFest > 2023 > 1 Month Away - $100,000 budget due to inflation! (1 Viewer)

2019 RECAP / HIGHLIGHT VIDEO 

Shot and produced by our friends with Grindstone Creative, this video captures our 2018 BBQfest experience from setup to competition and Judging. 

https://www.facebook.com/698930413462021/posts/1890017357686648/

Love feedback :thumbup:  

Damn, crickets on the 2018 BBQfest Video eh? :lol:   

We are about 8 weeks from kicking off the 2019 edition. Things are going great. @tipsy mcstagger And @sbonomo are still on the team :thumbup:   

@Tusken Raider‘s team Is still next door to ours.

@TheFanatic has once again secured a sponsor to fund him coming down to cover the event for his GrillinFools channels (and other corporate channels). :thumbup:  

I can provide a more detailed update if there is demand/interest? 

[icon] said:

We are about 8 weeks from kicking off the 2019 edition. Things are going great. @tipsy mcstagger And @sbonomo are still on the team :thumbup:   

@TheFanatic has once again secured a sponsor to fund him coming down to cover the event for his GrillinFools channels (and other corporate channels). :thumbup:  

Don't see a MIM/Usual Sausepects video at the link, GB.

[icon] said:
I always vicariously enjoy learning about all the work that goes into hosting this.

In particular the business side - lining up sponsors and vendors.

And the creative ideas side of it too.

In for sure for the 2019 edition!  :popcorn:

[icon] said:

More detail, yes!

Good morning! 

Starting updates much later than usual this year just because I’m not posting here as often I guess. That said, we are in full swing. Some notes here, and I’m happy to elaborate on anything or answer any questions... 

1) We took a big price increase on main sponsors this year. Originally our deal with CDW/Cisco/NetApp was $16,500 for dinner for 70 on our top deck Thursday. This has turned into a wildly successful annual sales meeting for them, so crowds drifted upward the last 3 years. This year we offered pricing ranging from $16.5k for the 70, up to $22k for 100. They bought the 100. We also increased Friday pricing as well. 

2) Lagunitas was purchased by Heineken. Sadly this lead to scrutiny on Marketing budgets. Gone are the days of 24 free kegs. Sucks. End of an era. They love us though and we are getting the max (30 cases). We are approaching local brewers but thus far nobody has the capacity to take care of us. Our fallback plan is to purchase 3 pallets (180 cases) of Bud/miller/Coors from the Naval base for $15.99/case (tax free). 

3) This year’s “host country” is Memphis. Odd I know, but it’s the bicentennial for the city so the event is self-honoring so to speak. We are having some fun with it... looking into doing printed canvases w/ photos from historical Memphis BBQ joints.. like a museum I guess. Also getting 40oz bottles for the team with custom 40oz koozies with the logo and “SIZE MATTERS” on the side, and a local liquor stores logo on the other side (they are paying for the beer and koozies).

4) We’ve made some capital investments into refrigeration this year. Nice True side by side glass front that we will be adorning with cut vinyl branding, and a nice stainless True commercial upright 1 door fridge. @tipsy mcstagger Is very excited to no longer have to store food in ice machines 😂 

5) We are budgeting for TWO A5 Waygu Tenderloins this year.... plus tons of beef ribs, USDA prime briskets, and we are getting a full Dino-bone side of beef rib to smoke and carve publicly. Should make for great photos. 

6) We have booked Patrick Dodd, Kirk Smithhart, and Grant Garland to play Friday. To say this will be incredible is an understatement. The 3 of them played our booth ONCE in 2010 and it was the highlight of all 15 years of BBQfest for me... no joke. This will be awesome. 

7) we will be heading down to Hogs for the Cause in 11 days to compete with Tipsy’s team Down there. Many posts will happen. 

If you don’t already: follow us on Instagram (@usualsaucepects), and Facebook (http://Facebook.com/usualsaucepects)

Finalizing list for the bar: 

40 Diet Cola (2L)
32 Cola (2L)
48 Diet Sprite (2L) 
40 Sprite (2L) 
32 Tonic Water (2L) 
48 Cranberry Juice (96oz) 
16 Pink Lemonade (2L)
16 Soda Water (2L) 
8 Pink Grapefruit Juice (Half Gal) 
14 20oz Bottles Water (48pk) 

190 Cases Domestic Beer (BMC) 
30 Cases Lagunitas (IPA / Daytime) 
15 Cases Domestic Beer (40oz) 

13 Cases Vox Vodka 
7 Cases Beam Black 
1 Case ea Beam Fire & Apple
6 Cases Marsh House Rum 

30 Liters of Barrel-Aged Old Fashioneds
30 Gallons Margarita 

2 cases Segura Vuidas Brut 1.75L 

2 Cases Sequra Vuidas Rose 750ml
1 Case Line 39 Chardonnay 

40lbs of Haribo Gummy Bears that are then soaked for 3 days in Marsh House Rum & Coconut Milk

:eek:   :lol:   :banned:  

I'm bringing a crew this year. I'm going to have another influencer with me, @VertSmoke out of Cali. One of my students. He took the course almost exactly a year ago and has grown from 4,000 followers to 183K. With an introduction from me, he got himself a nice sponsor for MiM. Good dude. 

I also have a guy who has designed a whole new grill like nothing you've never seen. This guy invented that net that bounces the ball back to you. He sold the company a few years ago and got bored so he has been designing this grill. Super sharp, super cool. 

I've also go Artust from Scotland coming over. That dude is a trip!

Oh, and Dad will be along for the ride as always. 

5) We are budgeting for TWO A5 Waygu Tenderloins this year.... plus tons of beef ribs, USDA prime briskets, and we are getting a full Dino-bone side of beef rib to smoke and carve publicly. Should make for great photos. 
I absolutely love following along and reading/watching the process of and shenanigans from this event now that I’m addicted to smoking meats.  Them big dino beef ribs are easily my most favorite thing to cook, eat, and share, so seeing your guys’ take on it is something I’m very much looking forward to!

I'm bringing a crew this year. I'm going to have another influencer with me, @VertSmoke out of Cali. One of my students. He took the course almost exactly a year ago and has grown from 4,000 followers to 183K. With an introduction from me, he got himself a nice sponsor for MiM. Good dude. 

I also have a guy who has designed a whole new grill like nothing you've never seen. This guy invented that net that bounces the ball back to you. He sold the company a few years ago and got bored so he has been designing this grill. Super sharp, super cool. 

link for grill?

link for grill?
It's not out yet. The only way you can see it is if you check his personal Instagram - @Freund.Kurt. You will have to dig through some personal posts to see it. And he mainly plays with the griddle aspect of this cooker, but it is also a great smoker. Not many grills can cook low and slow, hot and fast and have a griddle involved. Griddle grilling is amazing. 

It's not out yet. The only way you can see it is if you check his personal Instagram - @Freund.Kurt. You will have to dig through some personal posts to see it. And he mainly plays with the griddle aspect of this cooker, but it is also a great smoker. Not many grills can cook low and slow, hot and fast and have a griddle involved. Griddle grilling is amazing. 
thanks for the link!  I'm not a skilled grill/smoker guy (gas grill-Weber/Brinkman electric smoker).  I can't tell too much of what is going on with the grill though it looks cool ...I see a good-sized flatop and what is that to the right - a direct grill?  Then what appears to be a smoke rack on top.  Didn't see the smoke box.  

thanks for the link!  I'm not a skilled grill/smoker guy (gas grill-Weber/Brinkman electric smoker).  I can't tell too much of what is going on with the grill though it looks cool ...I see a good-sized flatop and what is that to the right - a direct grill?  Then what appears to be a smoke rack on top.  Didn't see the smoke box.  
The right side is a smoker box to make it into a smoker, if I recall correctly.

Or you can put coals in the main chamber and go griddle or grill grates or both. 

Crazy well built. 

Sounds good! 

FYI you will want to be at the booth at 10pm on Thursday and Friday. We are looking at some combination of Magnums of champagne with bottle sparklers, multiple fog cannons, confetti cannons, and an array of intelligent lighting that is sure to produce a ridiculous 1 min long show/event. :lol:  

We attempted to get permission from MIM to blast confetti out over the crowd in front of our booth but they said given the battle over park renovations with MRPP the cost of cleanup and potential to give them something to ##### about was too risky. 

So we are going to do it INSIDE our booth :lol:  

Also, we are thinking about ways to finish the 22lb Frenched Smoked Prime Rib, and one option is using a 100,000BTU Propane Weed Torch / Flamethrower that shoots 3-4’ flames. Would make for quite the show. The catch is making sure to adjust the flame to properly oxidize all the fuel. 

Need to source those Gummies from Colorado
We have a local source who will be custom making a batch for the booth... or so I’ve heard 🤫

I absolutely love following along and reading/watching the process of and shenanigans from this event now that I’m addicted to smoking meats.  Them big dino beef ribs are easily my most favorite thing to cook, eat, and share, so seeing your guys’ take on it is something I’m very much looking forward to!
Thanks man! That means a lot. The plan is to pick up a 22-24lb Bone in Rib Roast... french it, then smoke it in the southern pride. 

Once it is done we want to reverse sear it. Part of us says KISS and use the Saber IR Grill on blast. Part of us says #### that, we will have a video crew and some social influencers in the house, so let’s make a show of it and blast it with a flamethrower or slather in oil and set it on fire 😂 🔥

Stay tuned.... :lol:  

Sounds good! 

FYI you will want to be at the booth at 10pm on Thursday and Friday. We are looking at some combination of Magnums of champagne with bottle sparklers, multiple fog cannons, confetti cannons, and an array of intelligent lighting that is sure to produce a ridiculous 1 min long show/event. :lol:  

We attempted to get permission from MIM to blast confetti out over the crowd in front of our booth but they said given the battle over park renovations with MRPP the cost of cleanup and potential to give them something to ##### about was too risky. 

So we are going to do it INSIDE our booth :lol:  

Also, we are thinking about ways to finish the 22lb Frenched Smoked Prime Rib, and one option is using a 100,000BTU Propane Weed Torch / Flamethrower that shoots 3-4’ flames. Would make for quite the show. The catch is making sure to adjust the flame to properly oxidize all the fuel. 
I will definitely be there one of the two nights if not both!

Looks like I'm going to have to seek some forgiveness a month from now. My sponsor is Prairie Fresh Pork, but it looks like I'll be doing some beef posts!

Oh, and I love how you still call it a booth :lol:  A booth is what you get at the state fare to sell cotton candy and funnel cakes. Your "booth" could be on South Beach next to the Clevelander. 

I will definitely be there one of the two nights if not both!

Looks like I'm going to have to seek some forgiveness a month from now. My sponsor is Prairie Fresh Pork, but it looks like I'll be doing some beef posts!

Oh, and I love how you still call it a booth :lol:  A booth is what you get at the state fare to sell cotton candy and funnel cakes. Your "booth" could be on South Beach next to the Clevelander. 
Awesome GB!

I suspect you won’t have much trouble finding some pork to shoot at MIM while there :lol:  

Im working up a schedule for our video crew, once I have it nailed down I’ll send it over to you as well and will give ya a ring to go over when you may want to be there for content/eye-candy reasons, and when you might want to be there for gastronomic reasons 😁👍🏼

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome GB!

I suspect you won’t have much trouble finding some pork to shoot at MIM while there :lol:  

Im working up a schedule for our video crew, once I have it nailed down I’ll send it over to you as well and will give ya a ring to go over when you may want to be there for content/eye-candy reasons, and when you might want to be there for gastronomic reasons 😁👍🏼
I don't suspect I will have a problem, but since a pork producer is sending me, I just hope they don't get upset if I post a different protein. And considering they are sponsoring both the Shed and Melissa Cookston, I will have no problem finding great content. I just wish they both weren't doing whole hog. I'm have the PETA people all up my ### if I just post one animal with a face. 

Yes, get me that schedule. I want to have a better itinerary than I did last year. I just meandered all over the place and missed out on some stuff. I want to be more focused this year. 

Just got word on our A5 Waygu... 

So I thought A5 like USDA Prime, obviously way way way better, but I didn’t realize there were subgrades... 

So apparently the Japanese BMS scale runs 1-12... here are some relevant scores (Australian Waygu and USDA relevant scores): 

BMS 1 =AUS 1 / USDA SELECT / *** A1

BMS 2 = AUS 2 / USDA CHOICE / *** A2

BMS 3 = AUS 3 / USDA CHOICE+ / *** A3

BMS 4 = AUS 4 / USDA PRIME / *** A3

BMS 5 = AUS 5 / USDA PRIME / *** A4 

BMS 6 = AUS 6 / NO US EQUIV / *** A4

BMS 7 = AUS 7 / NO US EQUIV / *** A4 

BMS 8 = AUS 8 / NO US EQUIV / *** A5 

BMS 9 = AUS 9 / NO US EQUIV / *** A5

BMS 10 = NO AUS OR US EQUIV / *** A5 

BMS 11 = NO AUS OR US EQUIV / *** A5 

BMS 12 = NO AUS OR US EQUIV / *** A5 

So, last year I was dumb and assumed “Holy #### A5”. Somewhat justifiable in that  there is no US Beef that holds a candle to Any Japanese A5, but I didn’t realize that the insanely delicious tenderloin/filet we had flown in last year was “only” BMS 8. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/EeN1Ltv

I was just informed we have the following beef leaving Japan next Tuesday: 

10lb Tenderloin : A5 - BMS12 

13lb Ribeye : A5 - BMS12

Well ####.... Yipee Kayee... Lets eat the best beef in the world. 

Cmon if you’re coming. 

Stay tuned :lol:  

IN ...   

next year
To all the Next year folks.... 

Next year probably isn’t going to happen. 

This festival is under profound development pressure and it is almost guaranteed the park is about to be royally ####ed up by people putting in hills and basketball courts under the guise of “inclusivity” (ignore that most of them are white people who pay $30k/yr to send their kids to private school... and they own real estate along the river) . 

THAT SAID: leaving politics and money out of it, this  i probably the last great year of Memphis in May. Next year it almost guaranteed won’t be by the river. In 2021 IF it’s by the river again it will be a shell of itself. 

If you ever were going to come... this is the time. No hyperbole, just reality. If you have been putting this off, and always assuming it’d be there next year.... you might wanna make plans next month. No shtick... 

[icon] said:
Just got word on our A5 Waygu... 

So I thought A5 like USDA Prime, obviously way way way better, but I didn’t realize there were subgrades... 

So apparently the Japanese BMS scale runs 1-12... here are some relevant scores (Australian Waygu and USDA relevant scores): 

BMS 1 =AUS 1 / USDA SELECT / *** A1

BMS 2 = AUS 2 / USDA CHOICE / *** A2

BMS 3 = AUS 3 / USDA CHOICE+ / *** A3

BMS 4 = AUS 4 / USDA PRIME / *** A3

BMS 5 = AUS 5 / USDA PRIME / *** A4 

BMS 6 = AUS 6 / NO US EQUIV / *** A4

BMS 7 = AUS 7 / NO US EQUIV / *** A4 

BMS 8 = AUS 8 / NO US EQUIV / *** A5 

BMS 9 = AUS 9 / NO US EQUIV / *** A5

BMS 10 = NO AUS OR US EQUIV / *** A5 

BMS 11 = NO AUS OR US EQUIV / *** A5 

BMS 12 = NO AUS OR US EQUIV / *** A5 

So, last year I was dumb and assumed “Holy #### A5”. Somewhat justifiable in that  there is no US Beef that holds a candle to Any Japanese A5, but I didn’t realize that the insanely delicious tenderloin/filet we had flown in last year was “only” BMS 8. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/EeN1Ltv

I was just informed we have the following beef leaving Japan next Tuesday: 

10lb Tenderloin : A5 - BMS12 

13lb Ribeye : A5 - BMS12

Well ####.... Yipee Kayee... Lets eat the best beef in the world. 

Cmon if you’re coming. 

Stay tuned :lol:  
Definitely going to need to know the times for this presentation as well as the prep. We are going to need to document this awesomesauce for the masses! I'm not missing this bad boy!

[icon] said:
To all the Next year folks.... 

Next year probably isn’t going to happen. 

This festival is under profound development pressure and it is almost guaranteed the park is about to be royally ####ed up by people putting in hills and basketball courts under the guise of “inclusivity” (ignore that most of them are white people who pay $30k/yr to send their kids to private school... and they own real estate along the river) . 

THAT SAID: leaving politics and money out of it, this  i probably the last great year of Memphis in May. Next year it almost guaranteed won’t be by the river. In 2021 IF it’s by the river again it will be a shell of itself. 

If you ever were going to come... this is the time. No hyperbole, just reality. If you have been putting this off, and always assuming it’d be there next year.... you might wanna make plans next month. No shtick... 
DAMMIT! That's going to be a lot of cheddar I'll be missing out on. Well, maybe by next year, someone will have whispered to the folks at Jack Daniels about this new fangled thing called Social Media and Digital Marketing. Because up until now, the Jack has no clue. 

Smoker in place 

PODS in place 

Scaffold going up tonight 

We May be a full day ahead of damn near any other year! Tent materials onsite... hoping to get it up tomorrow to protect the decking against Saturday’s rain. 

Tomorrow I’m off to the liquor store to pick up ~30 cases of booze and 15 cases of 40oz beers

Load in sat or Sunday based on weather. 

Tuesday we are picking up 60 Cases Lagunitas and 190 cases of Bud/miller/coors. 

Wed we drop all the beer, the meat (200 slabs of ribs, 30 pork butts, 20 slabs beef ribs, 1 whole 22lb side of ribeye, 2 prime 16lb briskets and 23lbs of A5 Waygu), then redbull drops off 50 cases of product plus a bar, 4 high top tables and 3 ice bins. Also 80lbs crawfish, 30lb Shrimp and a ton of oysters for chargrilling will be delivered for Wednesday. 

We will have Memphis OG legend rapper Al Kapone swinging by to do a track Thursday night. 

Follow @usualsaucepects on IG and FB for most updates. :banned:  

I might know some guys who are really close to y’all’s booth who may be able to help with that. They’re also good to know in case things go wrong 😉

I might know some guys who are really close to y’all’s booth who may be able to help with that. They’re also good to know in case things go wrong 😉
😂 are you implying Firemen are pyromaniacs? 😂

we will definitely bring you guys in. You guys have access to a big weed/propane torch? If not I’ll buy one. I think mine got borrowed as it’s not in my garage anymore.

Stupid question about this: is this a business?  Or just like a big party you throw for fun each year?  Do you make money on it?  Seems like a massive amount of work and investment, sounds like fun as all get out, I just can’t fathom being able to find the time to do something like this.  

Smoker in place 

PODS in place 

Scaffold going up tonight 

We May be a full day ahead of damn near any other year! Tent materials onsite... hoping to get it up tomorrow to protect the decking against Saturday’s rain. 

Tomorrow I’m off to the liquor store to pick up ~30 cases of booze and 15 cases of 40oz beers

Load in sat or Sunday based on weather. 

Tuesday we are picking up 60 Cases Lagunitas and 190 cases of Bud/miller/coors. 

Wed we drop all the beer, the meat (200 slabs of ribs, 30 pork butts, 20 slabs beef ribs, 1 whole 22lb side of ribeye, 2 prime 16lb briskets and 23lbs of A5 Waygu), then redbull drops off 50 cases of product plus a bar, 4 high top tables and 3 ice bins. Also 80lbs crawfish, 30lb Shrimp and a ton of oysters for chargrilling will be delivered for Wednesday. 

We will have Memphis OG legend rapper Al Kapone swinging by to do a track Thursday night. 

Follow @usualsaucepects on IG and FB for most updates. :banned:  
Shoulda made my reservations at Flight for Friday night rather than Thursday at 8. 

Stupid question about this: is this a business?  Or just like a big party you throw for fun each year?  Do you make money on it?  Seems like a massive amount of work and investment, sounds like fun as all get out, I just can’t fathom being able to find the time to do something like this.  
Honestly: its not at all a business. It’s a group of buddies from around the country who get together once a year to try to cook the best possible food we can on the banks of the river. 

Over the years this has grown from the basics to major corporations liking what we do, so now we try to find a fine line between blowing cash on shtick (we have a digital billboard campaign running through the city that basically says “hi, you can’t get in our booth”), and the rest on prime/Waygu Beef and other dumb stuff. 

You gonna serve these in brown paper bags?
Honestly, the 40oz thing started as a joke over beers and within a day or two we had a liquor store who volunteered to pay for 15 cases of 40oz beers, and pay for 40oz koozies, and pint glass koozies, and koozies for our cans. It was a good co-marketing play for them honestly...but now half my garage is full of 40oz bud/miller products and I have 200 “size matters” koozies designed to hug a 40oz beer. 

Meanwhile major brands like Red Bull, Lagunitas and Jim Beam, have decided: “this ####show seems fun... let’s give them whatever they want and see what happens!”

Now we have The Godfather of Memphis rap Al Kapone booked for Thursday... I don’t know how or why. When I mention to sponsors they’re like “‘main stage?!” No... our booth.  

Its dumb... but it’s our fun dumb. 

Shoulda made my reservations at Flight for Friday night rather than Thursday at 8. 
I wish you had done that too... no way to know this one was happening. I’m still not 100% sure it will but it’s getting a lot more involved... he’s talking to other rappers and asking how they can get video-photos on the screens in the booth. 

If youre not followijg on IG/FB.. do it. No Idea what’s going to happen but I’m pretty sure it’ll be entertaining. 

I have so much prime and A5 Waygu Beef in my ####### two fridges right now I am stocking beer in coolers. That’s not a brag it’s just bizarro world. I’m just looking forward to hanging with @tipsy mcstagger @sbonomo, and @Tusken Raider next week :banned:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer day of load in yesterday. Weather had MIM shutting down the park except for emergency drop of smokers and such. 

We ignored it and all worked our asses off. 

Most teams have dropped smokers off. Many don’t have scaffold yet. Almost none have flooring or tents. 

Our booth is pretty much done... Carpeted, tented, banner up, curtains up, refrigerator in place, etc. we are BY FAR the furthest along. It’s going to be ugly today (and mom/tues) at the park with folks trying to get set up. 

TODAYS PLAN: 
Around 1 or 2 we will be meeting downtown to install DJ booth, build back floor, load in liquor (25+ cases), 40oz beer (15 cases), and some other stuff then reorg the pod and run power cords to refrigeration (200A power hookup in Tuesday Morning, supposedly) 

TOMMORROW:

Nolan will be installing audio visual system in the morning. Power hookup in the morning. 

We will likely be loading in competition ribs, and Beef (Waygu, Brisket, beef ribs and giant rib roast), and Lagunitas beer (pallet of 50 cases) and some other items. Then some decor will go up. 

@tipsy mcstagger will be arriving in town. 

WEDNESDAY MORNING: 
All hands on deck. We will load in the 190 cases of beer (3 pallets),  public feeding pork (150 slabs ribs + 5 cases pork butts), plus Red Bull bar and product (50 cases) and finishing booth setup / decor. Seafood will Also be delivered (70lbs crawfish, 30lbs Shrimp). 

Then we finish setting up the booth until 5pm when we open for business...  then the ####show begins. 

What's up guys! 2020 Planning is well underway.

2019 Recap Video Pinned HERE

Some Cliffnotes from 2019: 

• Top 10 Finish for @tipsy mcstagger's BBQ Sauce
  • Perfect Score for Turkey Ancillary
  • Prepped 23LBS of legit Japanese A5 Waygu (BMS 12 - highest grade possible) and handed it out freely at times (whole tenderloin and ribeye flown in from Japan). 
  • Launched Marsh House Rum Brand (Out of NOLA) in Tennessee
  • Had Al Kapone, godfather of Memphis Hip Hop perform live.
  • Had another local rapper write/produce a custom track for a 9:01 toast that involved champagne toast w/ Bottle sparklers, confetti cannons, etc. 
  • Added 120" Weatherproof VIdeo panel over door as product test for Chauvet lighting company.
  • Huge success overall
What's coming up from 2020: 

• Last year of the festival riverside for at LEAST one year, as development is slated for 2021. :(  
  • We've parted ways with Lagunitas Brewing due to constraints from Heineken ownership.. but have some cool stuff in the works
  • Sponsorship retention outside that is 100% and we've brought on two lunch sponsors (thurs and fri) so we are flush with funds. 
  • Some great surprises in store... 
DATES FOR 2020 ARE: 

WED MAY 13th - Friends & Family Night
THU MAY 14th - (11am-Midnight) Low key Day - Big Party Night
FRI MAY 15th - (11am-Midnight) Cookout/Party Afternoon - Big Party NighT
SAT MAY 16th - (Public 3pm-10pm) Rib Comp/Judging in AM. Low key Party till 10pm 

VERY LIMITED Spots for FBGs to come this year.

@Tusken Raider's team will be next door to us again as well, our partners in crime! 
The legendary @sbonomo and his evil twin will be kicking ### in the kitchen by day and partying by night.
If you've been following @tipsy mcstagger's thread, he's had to take a step back this year due to professional reasons. Secretly hoping he finds a way to pop in at some point :wub:

MORE TO COME! 

Have a meeting today with the national sales manager for Yeungling Brewery. They are tentatively on board to be our beer sponsor. We'll feature their Flagship Lager and their Golden Pilsner in cans, as well as using our taps to highlight an upcoming launch of their new Mich Ultra competitor called "Flight". We'll be branding the 2nd floor of the booth "The Flight Deck" and working in several elements as part of this being the "official" roll out of the new beer in our market.

Part of our shift to cans has led to massive amounts of ice and meltwater being needed to serve ice cold beers. Those Ice Vendor machines we rent onsite just don't cool it down very well. As a result we've invested in two used True TD-50-18 Deep Well Bottle/Can Coolers. Each will hold about 24 cases of cans. Restock at the end of the night and it'll be ice cold by morning.

For this year's video we're looking to take it to the next level, and incorporating a documentary style. Our new videographer has shot for NBA.tv, MTV (in the beach house era), etc. We're hoping to capture more of the behind the scenes components with snips from meeting, practice cooks, team party, the festival in Ecuador, etc. Also looking to work in some on screen clips / voiceovers from team members as well as guests, Memphis in May execs, Local Celebs, sponsors, etc.  Shooting for 5-6 mins... working on framework/loose scripts now. 

LOT of work to do... but shaping up to hopefully be the best year yet. :banned:  

Users who are viewing this thread