What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MEMPHIS BBQFest > 2023 > 1 Month Away - $100,000 budget due to inflation! (2 Viewers)

Hey BB2K! Owe ya a lunch or dinner outside bbqfest if ya make it down since my memphis bbq care package got lost in transit 2 years ago :fishing: .

From a purely "closest to the festival/beale" angle you're looking at:

Westin - never stayed but best location - no idea on price

Peabody - gorgeous lobby, average old rooms, est 250-400nt

Madison - very nice, est 300-400/nt

When searching for hotels proximity, enter the address 1 Beale st as the search point. The main entrance to the festival is there, plus that's the head of beale (party street)

You WILL be doing some walking during this festival. The closest hotels are at least 1/4mi from the park entrance and the park itself will take a very fast walker at least 25-30min to traverse. Some tents could be on opposite sides of the park, we never know until april.

I WILL say that while this is one of the safest times to visit memphis (due to sheer volume of people), its still memphis. Great care should be taken in choosing your hotel if its outside of one of those suggested here. Run it by us before buying. There are several that seem close but would be a walk I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Nice! I am thinking of bringing my old man down because we have talked about going for years. My worry is that his knee wont hold up if we have to walk too far to get there and then walk all day. Would it be wiser to stay further away and drive into the park? If so, how is parking??
You can't park in the park itself. There are some lots near the entrance on Beale that [icon] mentioned; think they go for $25-30 for the day (note that these same lots go for no more than $5 at normal times). Likely have to get there early for those.The park is huge from end to end, so there will be a lot of walking if you want to see it all. There are places to sit and rest, though, and of course you can sit in our tents for a while, too, as needed.

You can't park in the park itself. There are some lots near the entrance on Beale that [icon] mentioned; think they go for $25-30 for the day (note that these same lots go for no more than $5 at normal times). Likely have to get there early for those.The park is huge from end to end, so there will be a lot of walking if you want to see it all. There are places to sit and rest, though, and of course you can sit in our tents for a while, too, as needed.
:goodposting: There are golf carts that travel around that offer some folks rides. There is a chance you might get picked up by one of those if your pop is looking like he's having a rough time... but I wouldn't count on it.There are parking lots at either end as well as near staircases that offer access to the center of the park. As we find out where our tents are, we can offer up suggestions for the best places to park for "quick" access to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just booked my hotels.

On hotwire for 4 Star Downtown (with fitness center and "golf nearby" icons) you can book the Westin Memphis (right off beale.. PRIME locale) for $167/night plus taxes. That's a FANTASTIC deal for that location. On travelocity these rooms are $360/night for those dates.

IF you're needing to be certain you get two beds, specify 4 ADULTS. There will be a slight ($2) upcharge but hotwire can not give you a single bed room when you specify 4 adults.

If you're willing to walk a bit or take a cab and want to save some cash, the $105/night 3.5 star hotel is the Crowne Plaza up by the pyramid / interstate. Still a very nice hotel, just a bit farther from the action.

Just booked my hotels.

On hotwire for 4 Star Downtown (with fitness center and "golf nearby" icons) you can book the Westin Memphis (right off beale.. PRIME locale) for $167/night plus taxes. That's a FANTASTIC deal for that location. On travelocity these rooms are $360/night for those dates.

IF you're needing to be certain you get two beds, specify 4 ADULTS. There will be a slight ($2) upcharge but hotwire can not give you a single bed room when you specify 4 adults.

If you're willing to walk a bit or take a cab and want to save some cash, the $105/night 3.5 star hotel is the Crowne Plaza up by the pyramid / interstate. Still a very nice hotel, just a bit farther from the action.
How far of a walk is this hotel to the park? Gonna book our room asap.

=

How far of a walk is this hotel to the park? Gonna book our room asap.
Rings in at pretty much dead on a Half Mile. Keep in mind the park itself is about 3/4mi long as well.

The last 150 yards of beale as you approach riverside are a fairly steep grade (for a road) down toward the river. Keep that in mind when walking back at the end of the day that there will be a little bit of a climb. It's not too bad but I wanted to make sure you were aware of it. :pickle:

:pickle: Just looked over the thread for the first time, and it sounds glorious. I'll have to make it up there sometime.

So, I figured I'd shoot out some more info about the pre-event behind the scenes stuff for those who might be interested in that stuff...

I just finished our Sponsorship Request PDF that is going to be going out to various companies in an effort to solicit sponsorship dollars to help us do our thing this year.

Sponsorship Fees/Levels for this year:

"BABY BACK" SPONSOR : $1750

MARKETING / ENTERTAINMENT BENEFITS:

• 10 days of Park/Tent Passes (in 1day or 3day units)

• One 2x4’ Full Color Banner Hung in Booth

• Recognition on Team Banner at Front of Booth

• 6 Team Tent-Access Wristbands Valid Thur-Sat

• Semi-Exclusive Sponsorship (No Direct Competitors)

"BRISKET" SPONSOR : $5000

• 25 days of Park/Tent Passes (in 1day or 3day units)

• Two 2x4’ Color Banners Prominently Hung in Booth

• Logo on Team Shirts, Cups, Koozies, etc

• Logo Placement on Team Banner at Front of Booth

• 20 Team Tent-Access Wristbands Valid Thur-Sat

"WHOLE HOG" SPONSOR : $9500

• Private Sponsor Luncheon (Thur Or Fri- 11a-1p) (Private Catered Lunch For Sponsor & Guests) • 40 days of Park/Tent Passes (in 1day/3day units)

• Large Logo on Team Shirts, Cups, Koozies, etc

• Primary Logo Placement on Team Banner

• 30 Team Tent-Access Wristbands Valid Thur-Sat

• Exclusive Primary Sponsorship

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();Current Projects I'm Coordinating:

1) Sandblast, Repair/Upgrade, Repaint our 40' Long BBQ Trailer (calling in favor from guy who is VP of a marine firm that refurbs barges.. the new paint will be DURABLE)

2) Sponsorship Hunt (Currently speaking with Red Bull and a Nationwide IT Services Firm)

3) In negotiations with BottomsUpBeer for a loaner unit for our Bar at BBQFest.

4) We've secured our DJ for Thurs/Fri nights yet again

5) Contacting the musicians for live acoustic blues friday afternoon again

6) Designing/Building a custom bar to make life easier for our bartenders this year. (Got buddy at lowes hooking up supplies/wood on the cheap)

I know it seems early (over 120 days till load-in) but the earlier we start jumping on this stuff, the easier life is as the festival approaches. :goodposting: :unsure:

So, I figured I'd shoot out some more info about the pre-event behind the scenes stuff for those who might be interested in that stuff...

I just finished our Sponsorship Request PDF that is going to be going out to various companies in an effort to solicit sponsorship dollars to help us do our thing this year.

Sponsorship Fees/Levels for this year:

"BABY BACK" SPONSOR : $1750

• 10 days of Park/Tent Passes (in 1day or 3day units)

• One 2x4’ Full Color Banner Hung in Booth

• Recognition on Team Banner at Front of Booth

• 6 Team Tent-Access Wristbands Valid Thur-Sat

"BRISKET" SPONSOR : $5000

• 25 days of Park/Tent Passes (in 1day or 3day units)

• Logo on Team Shirts, Cups, Koozies, etc

• Logo Placement on Team Banner at Front of Booth

• 20 Team Tent-Access Wristbands Valid Thur-Sat

"WHOLE HOG" SPONSOR : $9500

• Private Sponsor Luncheon (Thur Or Fri- 11a-1p) (Private Catered Lunch For Sponsor & Guests) • 40 days of Park/Tent Passes (in 1day/3day units)

• Large Logo on Team Shirts, Cups, Koozies, etc

• Primary Logo Placement on Team Banner

• 30 Team Tent-Access Wristbands Valid Thur-Sat

• Exclusive Primary Sponsorship
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Current Projects I'm Coordinating:

1) Sandblast, Repair/Upgrade, Repaint our 40' Long BBQ Trailer (calling in favor from guy who is VP of a marine firm that refurbs barges.. the new paint will be DURABLE)

2) Sponsorship Hunt (Currently speaking with Red Bull and a Nationwide IT Services Firm)

3) In negotiations with BottomsUpBeer for a loaner unit for our Bar at BBQFest.

4) We've secured our DJ for Thurs/Fri nights yet again

5) Contacting the musicians for live acoustic blues friday afternoon again

6) Designing/Building a custom bar to make life easier for our bartenders this year. (Got buddy at lowes hooking up supplies/wood on the cheap)

I know it seems early (over 120 days till load-in) but the earlier we start jumping on this stuff, the easier life is as the festival approaches. :mellow: :banned:
Wow, super-impressive. Love that custom bar.

Bummer on the BottomsUP Beer dispenser. Not gonna happen. They want us to buy it and we're not dropping $2000+ on a beer tap setup. Oh well.

One Guitarist/Singer is officially locked up for Friday early evening (5-8ish): Patrick Dodd

We've locked up preliminary talks with Red Bull and they will definitely be on board as a sponsor. We're hammering out the details next week. I'm hoping for us to work up a RedBull-based BBQ Sauce to serve and enter (as part of the sponsorship arrangement). Should be interesting....

....and this morning I was able to get ahold of Kirk Smithhart and confirm he's IN for friday as well. Last year our Friday Night Blues Jam was the undisputed highlight of the week... people still come up to me talking about it and asking if we're doing it again this year. Well... it's a go. :unsure:

Likely we'll be looking at a 5-8pm show again and if you're coming down and planning on catching the show, I'd suggest you arrive early. Last year despite a torrential downpour we still had folks packed in like sardines and loving every minute of it. :hifive: If we're lucky enough to get a nice evening this might cause one of the biggest traffic jams in BBQfest history.

The DJ will be spinning 8-12 on Thursday/Friday nights. This year we're hoping to have an improved sound system and will possibly be adding a nightclub-caliber subwoofer to the mix to round out the low end and get the ladies shaking it a little harder :lmao:

More to come....

We've locked up preliminary talks with Red Bull and they will definitely be on board as a sponsor. We're hammering out the details next week. I'm hoping for us to work up a RedBull-based BBQ Sauce to serve and enter (as part of the sponsorship arrangement). Should be interesting....
Do you have a vision for what you want this sauce to be? I will mess around with some ideas as well over the next few months if you would like.

Do you have a vision for what you want this sauce to be? I will mess around with some ideas as well over the next few months if you would like.
I'm not sure just yet to be honest... I'm torn between tomato and vinegar base as I'm not sure which would work best with the tart acidity of the Red Bull itself. Once I confirm that the custom sauce is something they'd be interested in, I'll holla at you. Energy Drink BBQ Sauce > (all I could find.. no idea how that would taste... even if we used it as a starting point it would need a lot of tweaking)

Are ya gonna make it up this year or have ya got too much going on this year? I know it's a pretty major trek from your neck of the woods. :goodposting:

I'm not sure just yet to be honest... I'm torn between tomato and vinegar base as I'm not sure which would work best with the tart acidity of the Red Bull itself. Once I confirm that the custom sauce is something they'd be interested in, I'll holla at you. Are ya gonna make it up this year or have ya got too much going on this year? I know it's a pretty major trek from your neck of the woods. :goodposting:
Yea let me know about the sauce and what you plan to use it for (ribs, pulled pork) and I can play a bit.My plans are to make the trip. Pretty sure Pops has taken care of the hotel, I will travel to Macon, GA on Tuesday, stay the night and then travel your way Wed.On that note, do you need another rig for the comp?Also, I have a truck load of red oak, pecan and cherry (sticks not chuncks) if you guys need some.

Yea let me know about the sauce and what you plan to use it for (ribs, pulled pork) and I can play a bit.My plans are to make the trip. Pretty sure Pops has taken care of the hotel, I will travel to Macon, GA on Tuesday, stay the night and then travel your way Wed.On that note, do you need another rig for the comp?Also, I have a truck load of red oak, pecan and cherry (sticks not chuncks) if you guys need some.
:goodposting: :goodposting: Hell yeah. I mentioned your coming up to Courtney, our pitmaster and he's very excited to have another set of experienced hands if you're looking to get involved in the cook (I presume ya would but certainly don't want to make any assumptions). I shot him a text about the sticks.

:goodposting: :goodposting: Hell yeah. I mentioned your coming up to Courtney, our pitmaster and he's very excited to have another set of experienced hands if you're looking to get involved in the cook (I presume ya would but certainly don't want to make any assumptions). I shot him a text about the sticks.
Less cooking than drinking/partying, but I will be more than happy to help where needed.

Good deal. Yeah I figured ya weren't looking to drive up here to work, but figured you might be interested in tinkering here and there being a 'que junkie. :shrug: Either way, glad you're going to make it up.

Looks like we're cooking on Apple/Hickory again this year, but thanks for the offer on the wood!

Good deal. Yeah I figured ya weren't looking to drive up here to work, but figured you might be interested in tinkering here and there being a 'que junkie. :thumbdown: Either way, glad you're going to make it up. Looks like we're cooking on Apple/Hickory again this year, but thanks for the offer on the wood!
No problem

Hey Icon

Since I never got the second part of my gift :wink: why dont you send me some of your BBQ. Put it on some dry ice. Im sure it will make it fine

Thanks

Just got out of a meeting with RedBull and they're on board officially.

They will be providing:

• Furnishings (Redbull Fridges, high top cocktail tables, etc)

• Unlimited Supply of Redbull (starting with 40 Cases on Wednesday and dropping off as much as we need daily).

• Funding the band and DJ as "presenting sponsors"

In exchange we agree to not serve any other energy drinks and let a few of the reps in to party :goodposting:

Red Bull & Vodka is officially on the open bar. (hopefully Sobieski..contacting the distribution co now)

Just got out of a meeting with RedBull and they're on board officially. They will be providing:• Furnishings (Redbull Fridges, high top cocktail tables, etc)• Unlimited Supply of Redbull (starting with 40 Cases on Wednesday and dropping off as much as we need daily).• Funding the band and DJ as "presenting sponsors" In exchange we agree to not serve any other energy drinks and let a few of the reps in to party :shrug:Red Bull & Vodka is officially on the open bar. (hopefully Sobieski..contacting the distribution co now)
Very Cool!! Congrats :lmao:

Hey IconSince I never got the second part of my gift :wink: why dont you send me some of your BBQ. Put it on some dry ice. Im sure it will make it fineThanks
I am still waiting on my first part from 3 years ago, get in line!!
I swear on my grandmother's grave you had a kickass package of 4 different memphis BBQ sauces and 3 different rubs sent up there... FedEx claimed it was delivered. It made me sick. Going to hook you up with some of our stuff and take you and your pop to lunch downtown while you're here. Least I can do.

For those who aren't into Vodka Redbulls or Vodka Lemonade or whatever.... check out My New Toy

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :X

For those who aren't into Vodka Redbulls or Vodka Lemonade or whatever.... check out My New Toy

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :bag:
NICE!

[icon] said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Hey IconSince I never got the second part of my gift :wink: why dont you send me some of your BBQ. Put it on some dry ice. Im sure it will make it fineThanks
I swear on my grandmother's grave you had a kickass package of 4 different memphis BBQ sauces and 3 different rubs sent up there... FedEx claimed it was delivered. It made me sick. Going to hook you up with some of our stuff and take you and your pop to lunch downtown while you're here. Least I can do.
I believe you... I think :popcorn:

[icon] said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
I believe you... I think :)
When will you guys be in town? Thursday would be awesome for lunch. Friday afternoon I am locked down as my whole family will be in town (little brother flying in from FL with his wife and my niece, folks come down with some of their friends, etc). We also have a $9000 sponsorship deal in negotiation that might shut our tent down for 2 hours at lunch either thursday/friday for a private catering gig....we'll see.

[icon] said:

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :)
One of these taps needs to be SA Boston Lager so that I don't go thirsty :thumbup:

[icon] said:

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :confused:
One of these taps needs to be SA Boston Lager so that I don't go thirsty :wub:
We don't dictate what beer our sponsors give us (Free) :confused: . Last year it was PBR.... this year, whatever our sponsor hands us 20 kegs of. PBR is actually quite good out of the tap for a cheap beer. Much better than Natural Light IMO.

[icon] said:

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :goodposting:
We don't dictate what beer our sponsors give us (Free) :wub: . Last year it was PBR.... this year, whatever our sponsor hands us 20 kegs of. PBR is actually quite good out of the tap for a cheap beer. Much better than Natural Light IMO.
Maybe I'll be a 1 keg sponsor :D

[icon] said:

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :banned:
One of these taps needs to be SA Boston Lager so that I don't go thirsty :lmao:
We don't dictate what beer our sponsors give us (Free) :) . Last year it was PBR.... this year, whatever our sponsor hands us 20 kegs of. PBR is actually quite good out of the tap for a cheap beer. Much better than Natural Light IMO.
Maybe I'll be a 1 keg sponsor :goodposting:
:ph34r: that is completely what i was hoping the response to be!!!Outstanding job on that kegerator icon!

Maybe I'll be a 1 keg sponsor :football:
:football: I have NO idea what we'll be able to buy INSIDE the park, (all sold through budweiser) but with the team wristband I have, I could wheel in a brewery if I could find a way to get it on our (non motorized) cart :football:

[icon] said:

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :banned:
We don't dictate what beer our sponsors give us (Free) :wub: . Last year it was PBR.... this year, whatever our sponsor hands us 20 kegs of. PBR is actually quite good out of the tap for a cheap beer. Much better than Natural Light IMO.
OMG...world class food and dog urine brew. :angry: Hopefully that won't influence the judging.Guess you can't complain about free.

[icon] said:

Just purchased a lightly used True TDD-2 Kegerator from a cool old greek guy for 70% off retail. This will be the centerpiece of our beer distribution center (aka bar). We're hoping to shoot about 20 kegs through that baby in about 3 days. :towelwave:
We don't dictate what beer our sponsors give us (Free) :lmao: . Last year it was PBR.... this year, whatever our sponsor hands us 20 kegs of. PBR is actually quite good out of the tap for a cheap beer. Much better than Natural Light IMO.
OMG...world class food and dog urine brew. :lmao: Hopefully that won't influence the judging.Guess you can't complain about free.
:towelwave: After the 2nd or 3rd one (ie noon) I can't really tell the difference if it's cold. I actually don't mind PBR. You guys have lost your minds if you think we're serving quality beer. Remember, we go through 20 kegs in 2-3 days. We can't afford to be dropping $120-150/keg. :lmao: Back when we paid for our own beer we'd get Natty Light ($65 v s 90 per keg for Bud Light).That said, I typically keep a large locking cooler down there with a nice supply of Miller Lite cans to get me going in the afternoon (TOO Much draft beer drowns my brain). :)

Just landed these guys today I believe...

Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix :goodposting:

For those who haven't tried it, it's the best mix out there... period. F'n GOOD stuff. More expensive than Mrs T's but worth every penny. I love a couple good bloodys in the AM if I'm recovering and these will do the trick. It's sorta been the unofficial morning-drink of our team anyways... it's only natural they give it to us fro free.

The Deal:

They send me 5 cases (60 Quart Bottles) of Zing Zang

They send me a few cases of their Zing Zang Cups

They send me some brochures

We Provide:

Print and hang a 2'x3' Vinyl banner on our trailer visible to the crowds.

Have a small sign at the bar telling people we're serving Zing Zang and they can buy it at the local Kroger

We serve it in their cups (sweet...saves us money).

:banned:

Bagged Red Bull and Zing Zang this week... good week. :shrug:

Pssst...

Just got back from watching my boy Patrick Dodd play...

I can neither confirm nor deny that

aka the blues prodigy who's been touring the world since he was a teen...aka Reba Russell's lead... might be the third axe in our live blues acoustic set on friday. I'm just sayin....

PS: Pat was telling me tonight that he was down at Ground Zero talking shop and some guy came up and said something to the effect of "you look a damn bit like this guy I saw playing down at a booth in BBQfest last year". Yep. Guy owns THE guitar shop down in Clarksdale and he had been wandering in the rain that Friday last year and happened upon our booth and tucked inside quietly(not sure how, it was nuts)...and enjoyed the show. He also remembered pat and said he will be swinging by again this year. That's kinda cool... at least to me.

PS: Pat was telling me tonight that he was down at Ground Zero talking shop and some guy came up and said something to the effect of "you look a damn bit like this guy I saw playing down at a booth in BBQfest last year". Yep. Guy owns THE guitar shop down in Clarksdale and he had been wandering in the rain that Friday last year and happened upon our booth and tucked inside quietly(not sure how, it was nuts)...and enjoyed the show. He also remembered pat and said he will be swinging by again this year. That's kinda cool... at least to me.
This is super cool.The leader of our team was open to our coup (which I guess makes it not a coup) and has scheduled a meeting of a small group of us to discuss everything on...Sunday at 6. During the AFC Championship. That tells you something about our team. :no:

This is super cool.The leader of our team was open to our coup (which I guess makes it not a coup) and has scheduled a meeting of a small group of us to discuss everything on...Sunday at 6. During the AFC Championship. That tells you something about our team. :goodposting:
Is it at a bar? With TVs? I hope? :lmao: Glad to hear you're getting to get things lined up how you want em though! :unsure:

BUMP

Looks like Zing Zang is shooting us 6 cases instead of 5.. just to be safe. :banned:

I'm now in talks with the Regional Distributor of Sobieski vodka to get it donated for the tent. Have another local iron in the fire for that as well. Fingers Crossed

We've got a few irons in the fire with some other sponsors. Radisson Downtown (across from AutoZone park) is offering us 3-4 rooms from Wed thru Sunday (worth 150-200/night) in exchange for hanging a banner and bringing a few folks down. We'll likely resell the rooms (value ~$2000) and use that cash as a sponsorship.

We've got an "in" with FedEx marketing and our sponsorship request has been escalated to a senior VP. If approved it will be a low 5-figure sponsorship and will involve shutting down our tent for a couple hours on Friday at lunch to serve them a private catered meal. I'm cool with that. We'll set up a keg outside the tent for those who are visiting and have nowhere else to go :bannned:

Next Sunday (27th) we are on track to have our 40ft Double Decker BBQ Trailer lugged to a Marine Barge refurb facility where it will be completely remodeled. Calling in a favor on this and it's costing us 2 bottles of tequila and 2 cases of beer. Likely 4-5 grand worth of work...easily. :thumbup:

Called in a favor from a buddy at Lowes and I think we got the bar materials donated. Construction will begin soon. Should be very nice and a huge improvement over last year's setup.

The Bar has been finalized.. we will be serving:

• Draft Beer (Likely PBR served out of a True TDD2 Kegerator for quality/cold pours)

• Red Bull & Sobieski Vodka

• Bloody Marys (Zing Zang & Sobieski)

• Sobieski Lemonade

• John Daly's (Sobieski / Sweet Tea / Touch of Lemonade)

• Wine (variety of Red & White, by the glass)

We'll also likely have a variety of other liquors donated and will have some appropriate mixers for them but they will be by request only (ie team and close friends).

So much left to do... yet it can't get here soon enough...

Count on it, Bry :)

I just set up a Twitter feed @slabyomama

I will be posting updates / pictures throughout the event. Setup, Daytime Party, Nighttime Party, Tent-Hopping, Breakdown.... the whole 9 yards. If you want to live vicariously through a BBQfest team member and experience MIM from the inside... subscribe.

DISCLAIMER: There will be drunk posting... assume PG-13/R rating on this feed. Pictures/Content might not be suitable for those with delicate sensibilities.

We've run into a small hiccup. It seems one of our primary sponsors (financial) has fallen through so now we're left scrambling to source $3-5k at the last minute.

45 Days Till Load In.

My To-Do List:

• Finalize arrangements with DJ

• Finalize arrangements with band

• Pick up donated bar supplies & Build Bar

• Pick up CO2 tank for kegerator, clean/flush/replace lines and test

• Finalize liquor arrangements (w/ Sobieski - fingers crossed for donated liquor still)

• Refurbish BBQ Trailer at marina (3 weeks from now)

• Arrange for shipment of ZIng-Zang to our warehouse.

I'm sure there's more...

Congrats on your sponsors!

Reading this thread gets me juiced for MIM every year, one of my favorite things to do in this city. Having a two week old at home (sleeping in my lap as I type) may an obstacle to my attendance this year, but hopefully Mrs. TR will grant me my usual Thursday night BBQ hall pass.

Never seen this thread before - just read all 5 pages.

:bow: icon. Well done, sir. This #### looks ####### AWESOME. :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

Looks like we had our primary sponsor fall into place to the tune of $5000. That coupled with all the free stuff means dues are only $250 this year. Not bad.

A few more tidbits:

• The trailer refurb is coming along AWESOME. They have completely gutted the thing, redoing the wood floors from scratch, upgrading the electrical/plumbing, sandblasted/painted, added lighting, etc. Should be done next Saturday. I'll post before and after shots. These guys have done the Lord's work on this trailer.

• We'll be adding a large subwoofer to the sound system this year. Our DJ is one of the resident DJs at the biggest club in Memphis so he should do a great job with the dancefloor.

SPECIAL MUSICAL GUEST > On top of the already spectacular lineup we've got (3 of the best guitarists on the legendary beale street), there's a chance we might be bringing in Zack Myers of

UPCOMING WEEKEND > I will be testing the @SlabYoMama twitter feed at the following events this weekend:

• Saturday 10a-6p : Southern Hotwing Fest - My team will be competing (2nd place last year)

• Sunday Noon till 6pm : Rajun Cajun Crawfish Festival - VIP Setup with ESPNRadio's Tent ; free booze n bugs. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread