What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre meeting with Childress (1 Viewer)

The day he signs with Minnesota is the day he is dead to me.
Its a toss up IMO who is better between Sage and Bret. The reason I want Favre in purple is it would break the true Packer fans heart, no matter how hard they would try and fight it.
Break our hearts? More Vikings fans assuming they know how we will feel.Last year it might have...this year not so much.
I love the way Viking fans perceive that they are GB's biggest rival when in reality it is the Bears and has always been the Bears. If Minn finally wins a SB they can talk about being rivals with the top two organizations in the division but until then they should stay in their own class and fight it out with Detroit.
Depends on what part of Wisconsin you live in.Milwaukee/ Green Bay and Madison.. :lmao:

But over here in the Western part of Wisconsin the Rivalry between the Vikings and Packers is full blown :lmao: :lmao: whereas Packers vs. Bears is :shrug:

Forget about all the emotion or hate between Vikings and Packers fans. From a pure football or FFL standpoint, having Favre around even for one year would teach the younger O-Linemen, WRs and TEs on the roster a great deal if they paid attention...not to mention what Jackson or even Rosenfels could gleen if Favre doesn't mind them following him around all the time. :)
Since when has Favre been a good teacher?
:goodposting: He hasn't imo.
Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Rodgers have all served under Him as backups to Him. I'd say He's maybe the greatest QB mentor ever.
I give more credit to Holmgren and McCarthy than I do to Favre.

Its a toss up IMO who is better between Sage and Bret. The reason I want Favre in purple is it would break the true Packer fans heart, no matter how hard they would try and fight it.
:goodposting:
I understand that sentiment, and would feel the same way if the tables were turned.And I'm completely serious about how I would view Favre if he does sign with Minnesota.When Favre was a boozed up drug hound, we defended him at all costs. He was ours. When Favre threw 5 ints and cost us playoff games. We defended him. That's just ol' Brett, playing the game. When Favre said he wanted no part of bringing Rodgers along, we defended him. That's not his job.Well, I can't defend this guy anymore, and haven't been able to for a while.What Brett fails to realize is that he's not just 'stickin it' to Ted Thompson, he's stickin it to the folks that drove 600 miles and over paid for preseason tickets just to watch him play a quarter so they could say they watched Favre at Lambeau. Or maybe he gets it and doesn't care. Either way, my opinion of him could not be lower right now.
Nicely put. I have that stance as well. From the Vikings perspective it does make sense. I don't think Favre is nearly the qb he used to be, but he is probably better than TJ or Sage. I do think that people who think Bevell or Childress can control him are going to be very disappointed. Favre has a right to do whatever he wants. It's unfortunate this is the way it is going down.
I'm with you on the Viking side. It makes a lot of sense. You have a chance to bring in a hall of fame QB, you do it. Especially when the learning curve will be so small. It's basically the same playbook he used most of his career. He could miss most of camp recovering from injury and still have the offense down.And let's all get over this rivalry crap.Rivalry is shaped not only by the teams, but proximity and family ties as well. I have close family in the twin cities, and they are huge Viking fans. You can bet Packer/Viking week takes on a whole new level of rivalry in my family. In fact, my dad and aunt have been betting dinner on those games since I was about five years old. Add to that, I went to college near the border of Wisconsin/Minnesota. A lot of Minnesotans there, and a very healthy rivalry on campus when it came to Packer/Viking week.I do agree that Bear week still holds the top spot, but I have a huge dislike for all things Viking, so it's pretty close for me.Of course, it'd probably be considered more legit if the Vikes actually had a super bowl win (sorry, had to get that jab in). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
funny you would say that.. I live in Wisconsin and of relatives and friends that I talked to that are packer fans 100% of them said if he signs with the Vikings they will be Viking fans for one year.. Lot's of :goodposting: for favre still around in Western Wisconsin.
Those are not Packer fans.Sorry...if you drop your team because Favre is now a Viking and cheer for them...you are Favre fans first.

List of Things most likely to survive nuclear holocaust:

- bacteria

- co ckroaches

- the pyramids

- Brett Favre's comeback aspirations

Forget about all the emotion or hate between Vikings and Packers fans. From a pure football or FFL standpoint, having Favre around even for one year would teach the younger O-Linemen, WRs and TEs on the roster a great deal if they paid attention...not to mention what Jackson or even Rosenfels could gleen if Favre doesn't mind them following him around all the time. :)
:goodposting: He hasn't imo.
Mark Brunell, Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Rodgers have all served under Him as backups to Him. I'd say He's maybe the greatest QB mentor ever.
I give more credit to Holmgren and McCarthy than I do to Favre.
Those guys have made careers out of riding Favre's coattails.

If Green Bay doesn't want Minnesota for a Rival, and is more comfortable with the team that the Vikings beat in their very first game of existence...that's fine. We end up playing the Giants every year, so I guess a rivalry with a team with a consistent winning record would be more interesting than one based on geography. If you're gonna whine about it, I mean.
Too funny...its not we don't want them as a rival...but one has been created and you all act as if its our biggest rivalry. Its yours...its your SB every year to play the Packers. Its not ours. Our rivalry is with the Bears.
Again. If this were even PARTLY true and not just your collective desire to decrease the Vikings value...then nobody on the Packers would care if Favre went to the Vikings. You'd be laughing about it! But you're not. It's not funny, it's not a joke, and it's ruinning a lot of memories in cheeseland. I love the bravado. If your rivalry with the Bears was so strong, as several have tried to put it, then when the bears swept you two years ago in your 13-3 season, there were a lot of people faking like it didn't matter then because you had a winning record. I think Packer fans choose their rivalries based on who's beat them more recently. Convenient, but disengenuous.
Umm...it is true.THey are one of their rivals from being in the division...but not close to the biggest rivalry.

THey care because of how Minny is set up and last year as I said you don't give a division rival the one piece they are perceived to be needing.

Ruining a lot of memories? Seriously...you are freaking delusional right now.

The rivalry with the Bears is strong. I hated losing those games...it was easier to get over because of the record and where the team was headed...we saw the big picture. You might want to step back and take a look.

Packer fans don't choose any rivalries...we know who the rival is. Why do you think Lovie's biggest thing when he came to Chicago was to talk about beating Green Bay?

You are proving some ignorance here scotty...quit trying to act as if you know what Packer fans are about...you are showing that you know very little about it.
Sorry, but come over to the western part of Wisconsin and tell me what is the biggest rivalry over here.. bears vs. Packers :) or Packers vs. Vikings :hot: :rant: :goodposting:

Sure, I'm a viking fan and I see that as our Rivalry.. But from Madison west I'd say the Packer vs. Viking rivalry is just as heated if not more so.

Its like your Apollo and Drago is just beating you down...and Duke is yelling to throw in the towel...but for some reason Rocky is still in your corner holding on to it and you are continuing to take a beating on this particular issue.
What a ridiculous simile that couldn't encapsulate your desire to deify your team any better if you tried. Good work, you've reached the next level of delusion.

funny you would say that.. I live in Wisconsin and of relatives and friends that I talked to that are packer fans 100% of them said if he signs with the Vikings they will be Viking fans for one year.. Lot's of :rant: for favre still around in Western Wisconsin.
Wouldnt that make them Favre fans rather than Packer fans?
:goodposting: it's jsut that a lot of them were :) at the way the Thompson forced Favre's hand. A lot of them feel he forced Favre to the Jets rather than Favre leaving to the Jets on his own.

Seriously, could you Packers/Vikings fan keep the pissing match in the other Favre thread you ruined? Discussing who are bigger rivals and whose feelings are gonna get hurt really has little to do with FAVRE MEETING WITH CHILDRESS. One thread was already polluted with the back and forth between some of you guys. I have no problem if you guys wanna duke it out, but can you keep it in one thread so that NFL fans of the other 28 teams not in the NFC North that are involved in fantasy football can actually discuss what's going on here and its future implications? TIA.

Seriously, could you Packers/Vikings fan keep the pissing match in the other Favre thread you ruined? Discussing who are bigger rivals and whose feelings are gonna get hurt really has little to do with FAVRE MEETING WITH CHILDRESS. One thread was already polluted with the back and forth between some of you guys. I have no problem if you guys wanna duke it out, but can you keep it in one thread so that NFL fans of the other 28 teams not in the NFC North that are involved in fantasy football can actually discuss what's going on here and its future implications? TIA.
If Favre signs with the Vikings3,700 passing yards 24 tds 17 ints

If Favre signs with the Vikings3,700 passing yards 24 tds 17 ints
How much will Favre have?

funny you would say that.. I live in Wisconsin and of relatives and friends that I talked to that are packer fans 100% of them said if he signs with the Vikings they will be Viking fans for one year.. Lot's of :wub: for favre still around in Western Wisconsin.
Those are not Packer fans.Sorry...if you drop your team because Favre is now a Viking and cheer for them...you are Favre fans first.
:goodposting: I can understand Packer fans having some allegiance with Favre last year as he was in the AFC. But I agree, you are not truly a Packers fan if you change allegiance in the NFC North so easily.

Any objections to offering to trade Canada Minnesota and Wisconsin for Ontario and a 3rd rounder next year?

Too funny...its not we don't want them as a rival...but one has been created and you all act as if its our biggest rivalry. Its yours...its your SB every year to play the Packers. Its not ours. Our rivalry is with the Bears.
It's the Vikings Super Bowl every year to play the Packers?? :lmao: I think it's obvious by the venom shown in this thread and others, that the Vikings are indeed a big rival of the Packers.

Warner didn't...he did not even make the team. Was never really his backup.How did Doug Pederson do? Detmer?
I didn't say anyone could do it, chief. :lmao:
Sure...not everyone can...so maybe its more about the individual than it was Favre?Im sure he helped them on things...would never deny that...they all seem to freely admit it (outside of maybe Warner who should not be on that list)....but I don't think he is any super mentor.

They had a good run of coaches who were pretty good with QBs (Holmgren, Mooch, McCarthy)

It's the Vikings Super Bowl every year to play the Packers?? :lmao: I think it's obvious by the venom shown in this thread and others, that the Vikings are indeed a big rival of the Packers.
Just about the way some of the fans have acted (not necessarily from this board...but from others and it was nearly mentioned in this or the other thread that there are fans out there who don't care about the rest of the record as long as they beat GB). It was a comment that was a bit overboard.My venom is directed squarely upon Vikings fans acting like they know what Packer fans do and will think about this.

Warner didn't...he did not even make the team. Was never really his backup.How did Doug Pederson do? Detmer?
I didn't say anyone could do it, chief. :shrug:
Sure...not everyone can...so maybe its more about the individual than it was Favre?Im sure he helped them on things...would never deny that...they all seem to freely admit it (outside of maybe Warner who should not be on that list)....but I don't think he is any super mentor.

They had a good run of coaches who were pretty good with QBs (Holmgren, Mooch, McCarthy)
I'm still waiting on the first QB that those guys developed without Favre's help . . . wait, are you a big John Kitna fan?

I didn't say anyone could do it, chief. :wall:

I'm still waiting on the first QB that those guys developed without Favre's help . . . wait, are you a big John Kitna fan?
How about Montana and Young

I didn't say anyone could do it, chief. :wall:

Lets see...While two of the biggest names he has worked with, Favre in Green Bay and Joe Montana in Kansas City, were at or beyond their peak years at the time, McCarthy has played at least a part in the development of signal callers Aaron Brooks, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Rich Gannon and Elvis Grbac.That from his bio on Packers.com

Lets see...While two of the biggest names he has worked with, Favre in Green Bay and Joe Montana in Kansas City, were at or beyond their peak years at the time, McCarthy has played at least a part in the development of signal callers Aaron Brooks, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Rich Gannon and Elvis Grbac.

That from his bio on Packers.com
coattails

Lets see...While two of the biggest names he has worked with, Favre in Green Bay and Joe Montana in Kansas City, were at or beyond their peak years at the time, McCarthy has played at least a part in the development of signal callers Aaron Brooks, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Rich Gannon and Elvis Grbac.

coattails
Delhomme and Gannon are on record disagreeing with your comments. Here's some from Jake.http://www.620wtmj.com/internal?st=print&a...mp;path=/sports

While Delhomme had shown promise as an undrafted free agent out of Louisiana-Lafayette, he was reaching a critical juncture in his career after spending 1997 on the Saints' practice squad and the next two seasons as the team's third quarterback.

He'd also gone to NFL Europe during the '97 and '98 offseasons. Then McCarthy arrived and opened an offseason "quarterback school" in which he broke Delhomme down and rebuilt him into the quarterback who led the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2003 and made the Pro Bowl in 2005.

"I learned a ton from Mike. He was fantastic, an absolutely wonderful teacher," Delhomme said as he prepared to face McCarthy and the Packers at Lambeau Field on Sunday. "When he got there in 2000, I was football illiterate. ... He just made it to where that you just gained a bunch of knowledge so when you went out on the practice field or game field, you always felt extremely prepared."

coattails
Delhomme and Gannon are on record disagreeing with your comments. Here's some from Jake.http://www.620wtmj.com/internal?st=print&a...mp;path=/sports

While Delhomme had shown promise as an undrafted free agent out of Louisiana-Lafayette, he was reaching a critical juncture in his career after spending 1997 on the Saints' practice squad and the next two seasons as the team's third quarterback.

He'd also gone to NFL Europe during the '97 and '98 offseasons. Then McCarthy arrived and opened an offseason "quarterback school" in which he broke Delhomme down and rebuilt him into the quarterback who led the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2003 and made the Pro Bowl in 2005.

"I learned a ton from Mike. He was fantastic, an absolutely wonderful teacher," Delhomme said as he prepared to face McCarthy and the Packers at Lambeau Field on Sunday. "When he got there in 2000, I was football illiterate. ... He just made it to where that you just gained a bunch of knowledge so when you went out on the practice field or game field, you always felt extremely prepared."
Dead giveaway.Anyway, Delhomme said for himself that he was "illiterate", so I suppose any amount of knowledge was a step up for him.

Not convinced. :shrug:

Break our hearts? More Vikings fans assuming they know how we will feel.Last year it might have...this year not so much.
I love the way Viking fans perceive that they are GB's biggest rival when in reality it is the Bears and has always been the Bears. If Minn finally wins a SB they can talk about being rivals with the top two organizations in the division but until then they should stay in their own class and fight it out with Detroit.
Depends on what part of Wisconsin you live in.Milwaukee/ Green Bay and Madison.. :yes:

But over here in the Western part of Wisconsin the Rivalry between the Vikings and Packers is full blown :hot: :rant: whereas Packers vs. Bears is :lmao:
I have to agree with you on this.

Forget about all the emotion or hate between Vikings and Packers fans. From a pure football or FFL standpoint, having Favre around even for one year would teach the younger O-Linemen, WRs and TEs on the roster a great deal if they paid attention...not to mention what Jackson or even Rosenfels could gleen if Favre doesn't mind them following him around all the time. :yes:
:lmao: He hasn't imo.
:rant: And the legend grows! :hot:

T Bell said:
greggorymac said:
T Bell said:
Any objections to offering to trade Canada Minnesota and Wisconsin for Ontario and a 3rd rounder next year?
That's a pretty one-sided trade.
Should we throw in one of the Dakotas? We've got some depth there.
North yes...though, Mt. Rushmore would look a bit weird in Canada, "eh?"...edit.....forgot this part...so we better keep SD.

Last edited by a moderator:
T Bell said:
greggorymac said:
T Bell said:
That's a pretty one-sided trade.
Should we throw in one of the Dakotas? We've got some depth there.
North yes...though, Mt. Rushmore would look a bit weird in Canada, "eh?"
Not if you carve Gordy Howe and Peter Jennings into it. :kicksrock:

Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings (Vikings lead series 51-42-2)Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears (Bears lead series 91-80-6)Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers (Packers lead series 47-45-1)Then throw in the trumped up tampering charges. Then throw in Favre, who evened out that record for the Packers, possibly coming over to the Vikings to throw it in the front offices face. Yeah, I can see why you want to play pretend and act as if the Vikings are closer to the Lions, who hold no winning records against the Vikings, Bears, or Packers.
PlayoffsVikings vs Packers (Vikings lead series 1-0) IN GREENBAY

Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings (Vikings lead series 51-42-2)Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears (Bears lead series 91-80-6)Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers (Packers lead series 47-45-1)Then throw in the trumped up tampering charges. Then throw in Favre, who evened out that record for the Packers, possibly coming over to the Vikings to throw it in the front offices face. Yeah, I can see why you want to play pretend and act as if the Vikings are closer to the Lions, who hold no winning records against the Vikings, Bears, or Packers.
:excited: Biggest rivalary evah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hifive:

:jawdrop: Biggest rivalary evah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
How many times have the Packers beat the Vikings in the playoffs?It rhymes with hero.

Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings (Vikings lead series 51-42-2)

Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears (Bears lead series 91-80-6)

Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers (Packers lead series 47-45-1)

Then throw in the trumped up tampering charges. Then throw in Favre, who evened out that record for the Packers, possibly coming over to the Vikings to throw it in the front offices face. Yeah, I can see why you want to play pretend and act as if the Vikings are closer to the Lions, who hold no winning records against the Vikings, Bears, or Packers.
How many times have the Packers beat the Vikings in the playoffs?

It rhymes with hero.
Is that the same number of SB trophies the Vikings have hoisted?

How many times have the Packers beat the Vikings in the playoffs?It rhymes with hero.
Maybe I wasn't going overboard with the talk of the Packer game being the Viking fan's Super Bowl.

He plays the game the way it's suppose to be played.
Like when he went down for Strahan to hand him the single season sack record?! (though I still recognize M. Gastineau as #1 there)I'm a big Packer fan and even felt the organization did him wrong last offseason... but that one play soured me on Favre more than any of his un-retirement charades.

Yes - the day I was mooned by Randy Moss. I think Favre threw more than his share to the purple guys that day. Overall I think they are both great rivalries and I am happy that all three teams have playoff aspirations this year. I wonder who Bear and Viking fans consider to be their most hated rival.I was discussing tickets with a friend this morning (having lost my season tickets last year after 15 years). When asked which game I wanted, there was no hesitation for me in taking the season opener against the Bears, but its a close call.

:lmao: Biggest rivalary evah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:
Maybe I wasn't going overboard with the talk of the Packer game being the Viking fan's Super Bowl.
If Kobe Bryant played for the Celtics I would be heartbroken too.

Users who are viewing this thread