What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 Teams & Discussion (1 Viewer)

QB1-Tom Brady 2.14-Week 8

QB2-Marc Bulger 8.14-Week 9

RB1-Maurice Jones-Drew 1.03-Week 7

RB2-Jonathan Stewart 5.03-Week 4

RB3-Fred Jackson 9.03-Week 9

RB4-Ladell Betts 14.14-Week 8

WR1-Lance Moore 3.03-Week 5

WR2-Kevin Walter 4.14-Week 10

WR3-Steve Breaston 7.03-Week 4

WR4-Jordy Nelson 12.14-Week 5

TE1-John Carlson 6.14-Week 7

TE2-Vernon Davis 11.03-Week 6

PK1-David Akers 15.03-Week 4

DST1-Philadelphia Eagles 10.14-Week 4

DST2-Cleveland Browns 13.03-Week 9

I think I can do pretty well with this group. I got in at the beginning of the kicker run, so I just need to pick up another kicker, and I'm pretty set. Also need 1 more WR to cover the week 5 shortage. Other than that, I have no real bye week issues. But as always with only 18 spots, injuries will play a major role for all of us. 3 more rounds to go. :shrug:
oof...your WRs are slightly above horrible. You completely reached 1-2 rounds early for Moore and Walter and that will absolutely kill you. I'd like to hear your reasoning for choosing Moore over Housh, 85, Edwards, Royal, Cotchery, and maybe even Bryant or Roy Williams. (You could've hand one of those WR and possibly come back with Moore in the 4th.) And then you follow it up with Walter instead of Gonzalez, SMoss, Evans, Driver, DeSean, Coles, Avery, Berrian. I understand with going with guys you like but with so many options on the board, you screwed the pooch IMO. Moore posted most of his stats w/o Bush in the lineup. With Bush, Moore appeared to be an afterthought. Almost half of Walter's games were 5 points or less. While Breaston has potential, how often does a WR3 post back to back years like that? He's way over valued right now.
:lmao:
His WRs do suck pretty bad.

At what point do you scrubs admit your inferiority to the greatness that is LHUCKS??

Bye week tracking

QB1: Matt Schaub, 10

QB2: Kerry Collins, 7

RB1: Reggie Bush, 5

RB2: Marshawn Lynch, 9

RB3: Lendale White, 7

WR1: Randy Moss, 8

WR2: Roddy White, 4

WR3: Lee Evans, 9

WR4: Chris Henry, 8

WR5: Michael Clayton, 8

TE1: Heath Mller, 8

TE2: Brent Celek, 4

PK1: Jason Elam, 4

PK2: Adam Vinatieri, 6

DEF1: Giants, 10
Out week 8 at the latest. 3 of 5 WRs and top TE out.
:goodposting: Cool, let's put a sig bet down on that.

And by the way, Heath Miller isn't my top TE...Celek = Value City

Stick around, you might learn something. :wink:
taking the staff eagles homer to school on his own team eh?

QB1-Tom Brady 2.14-Week 8QB2-Marc Bulger 8.14-Week 9RB1-Maurice Jones-Drew 1.03-Week 7RB2-Jonathan Stewart 5.03-Week 4RB3-Fred Jackson 9.03-Week 9RB4-Ladell Betts 14.14-Week 8WR1-Lance Moore 3.03-Week 5WR2-Kevin Walter 4.14-Week 10WR3-Steve Breaston 7.03-Week 4WR4-Jordy Nelson 12.14-Week 5TE1-John Carlson 6.14-Week 7TE2-Vernon Davis 11.03-Week 6PK1-David Akers 15.03-Week 4DST1-Philadelphia Eagles 10.14-Week 4DST2-Cleveland Browns 13.03-Week 9I think I can do pretty well with this group. I got in at the beginning of the kicker run, so I just need to pick up another kicker, and I'm pretty set. Also need 1 more WR to cover the week 5 shortage. Other than that, I have no real bye week issues. But as always with only 18 spots, injuries will play a major role for all of us. 3 more rounds to go. :thumbdown:
oof...your WRs are slightly above horrible. You completely reached 1-2 rounds early for Moore and Walter and that will absolutely kill you. I'd like to hear your reasoning for choosing Moore over Housh, 85, Edwards, Royal, Cotchery, and maybe even Bryant or Roy Williams. (You could've hand one of those WR and possibly come back with Moore in the 4th.) And then you follow it up with Walter instead of Gonzalez, SMoss, Evans, Driver, DeSean, Coles, Avery, Berrian. I understand with going with guys you like but with so many options on the board, you screwed the pooch IMO. Moore posted most of his stats w/o Bush in the lineup. With Bush, Moore appeared to be an afterthought. Almost half of Walter's games were 5 points or less. While Breaston has potential, how often does a WR3 post back to back years like that? He's way over valued right now.
I wouldn't call them horrible. While not the greatest group in the league, they aren't the worst either. Maybe I reached maybe I didn't I guess we'll find out later. :goodposting: Admittedly I missed on Housh, Chad-whatever his name is is more interested in his name than playing football. I'm not sold on Braylon, wherever he ends up playing. Royal has a new QB who didn't exactly make his WR's pro bowl material in Chicago. We don't know who Cotch's QB is going to be--only that it won't be the same one as last year. Do you really expect Bryant to have another year like last year? I don't. Not sold on Roy either, and I'm a Roy Williams fan. Ok I missed on him too. I really don't see Gonzalez, SMoss, Evans, Driver, or the others as being that much, if any better than Walter. Moore, Breaston, and Walter are all in offenses that like to throw the ball, so I expect they will see their share of targets. Sure they will have bad games but there will be good ones too. Hopefully more good than bad. Maybe I made some reaches here but like I said, I really don't have any bye week conflicts, and if I can avoid the injury bug, I'll be ok. Highly doubtful I'll be the last Survivor, but I really don't expect to be either.

Romo (6), Sanchez (9), Quinn (9)

Forte (5), McFadden (9), Sproles (5)

Jennings (5), Mason (7), Muhammad (4), D Henderson (5), Plaxico Burress (?), Kenny Britt (7)

Dallas Clark (6)

Robbie Gould (5)

NYJ Def (9), SEA Def (7)

QB - Matt Ryan, ATL (4)QB - Matt Cassel, KC (8)RB - Adrian Peterson, MIN (9)RB - Pierre Thomas, NO (5)RB - LeSean McCoy, PHI (4)WR - Terrell Owens, BUF (9)WR - Dwayne Bowe, KC (8)WR - Miles Austin, DAL (6)WR - Jeremy Maclin, PHI (4)WR - James Jones, GB (5)WR - Juaquin Iglesias, CHI (5)TE - Dustin Keller, NYJ (9)TE - Brandon Pettigrew, DET (7)PK - Garrett Hartley, NO (5)PK - Sebastian Janikowski, OAK (9)D/ST - Chicago (5)D/ST - Arizona (4)

QB - David Garrard, JAX (7)

QB - Jamarcus Russell, OAK (9)

RB - Brandon Jacobs, NYG (10)

RB - Ryan Grant, GB (5)

RB - Ray Rice, BAL (7)

RB - Earnest Graham, TB (8)

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, ARI (4)

WR - Anquan Boldin, ARI (4)

WR - Torry Holt, JAX (7)

WR - Greg Camarillo, MIA (6)

WR - Darrius Heyard-Bey, OAK (9)

TE - Kellen Winslow, TB (8)

TE - Kevin Boss, NYG (10)

K - Mason Crosby, GB (5)

K - Dan Carpenter, MIA (6)

D/ST - Atlanta (4)

D/ST - St. Louis (9)

Atomic Punk's Dream Team

QB - B. Rothlisberger, PIT (8) 5.07

QB - K. Orton, DEN (7) 9.07

Roth is a solid, steady QB who puts up good numbers virtually every game. McDaniels ego alone guarantees Orton will succeed.

RB - S. Jackson, STL (9) 1.07

RB - R. Brown, MIA (6) 3.07

RB - J. Jones, SEA (7) 8.10

RB - S. Morris, NE (8) 17.07

I'm in the camp that says SJax will rebound. New coach, new o-line, healthy QB ... if only two of these things come true SJAX should have a great season. Ronnie Brown is due for a career year. No need to say anything further other than to point you to his thread. A RB3 starter in round 8 is amazing and Morris is a complete steal at his draft slot.

WR - V. Jackson, SD (5) 4.10

WR - M. Crabtree, SF (6) 6.10

WR - D. Hester, CHI (5) 7.07

WR - N. Washington, TEN (7) 11.07

WR - J.L. Higgins, OAK (9) 12.10

WR - C. Schilens, OAK (9) 16.10

Maybe one of the weaker groups, but still very serviceable. I like VJax's potential. Crabtree is a mystery, but I think SF will do everything possible to utilize his skills. I almost passed on Hester due to the week 5 bye, but I think he will turn in a solid year with a lot of big weeks. TEN didn't sign Washington to big $ to sit on the sidelines, so he should be good for a few big weeks. I also love the "homer" picks in Higgins/Schilens and think they will perform to a WR3 level.

TE - A. Gates, SD (5) 2.10

Top 3 TE ... need I say more. Also allows me to consider not backing him up and getting better depth elsewhere.

K - S. Gostkowski, NE (8) 13.07

K - L. Tynes, NYG (10) 15.07

D/ST - Baltimore (7) 10.10

D/ST - Oakland (9) 14.10

Many ignore kickers/defense, but they have saved my bacon a few times in past survivor leagues. Both are solid combos, although I may have jumped the gun with the Baltimore pick.

What's not to love about this squad? Top 3 contender! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Romo (6), Sanchez (9), Quinn (9)Forte (5), McFadden (9), Sproles (5)Jennings (5), Mason (7), Muhammad (4), D Henderson (5), Plaxico Burress (?), Kenny Britt (7), David Clowney (9)Dallas Clark (6)Robbie Gould (5)NYJ Def (9), SEA Def (7)

Drew Brees (5) , Farve (?)BWestbrook (4), Kevin Smith (7) , LMaroney (8), FTaylor (8)Eddie Royal (7), Anthony Gonzales (6), Chris Chambers (5), Kevin Curtis (4), Antwaan Randel El (8), Josh Reed (9)Visanthe Shiancoe (9), Todd Heap (7)Jeff Reed (8), O Mare (7)CAR (4), KC (8)
Like this team OK. early pick on Brees in rd 2 -- even if he's 80% of what he did last year this is worth it. RBs -- Westy> please stay healthy. TIA, GB. If Maroney and Fred T get the lions share of NE carries then I'm in good shape. If. WR is obviously a weak spot, but I'm hoping for a big return for Curtis after injury and hoping for Gonzales to get big this year. Tried to go for a lot of consistent guys and spaced bye weeks well, never have less than 5 WRs in any given week. TEs: :goodposting: Heap> please see msg to Westy. TIA, cupcake. Average team on paper and like most years, will need some luck to get deep into this thing.

QB1: Matt Schaub, 10QB2: Kerry Collins, 7RB1: Reggie Bush, 5RB2: Marshawn Lynch, 9RB3: Lendale White, 7RB4: Mewelde Moore,WR1: Randy Moss, 8WR2: Roddy White, 4WR3: Lee Evans, 9WR4: Chris Henry, 8WR5: Michael Clayton, 8WR6: Sidney Rice, 9TE1: Heath Mller, 8TE2: Brent Celek, 4PK1: Jason Elam, 4PK2: Adam Vinatieri, 6DEF1: Giants, 10DEF2: Broncos,
I really like this team, and believe it's the best I've drafted in a while. It was a huge boost when Lynch and Bush fell to me in the 3rd and 4th. I love the upside of my WR depth. I love the value I got at TE, particularly with Celek who is my biggest value play TE this year. The weakness of my team is obviously QB...I serisouly considered adding Culpepper but in the end I think Schaub/Collins will be sufficient for me to win my second SSL title.

QB - Matt Ryan, ATL (4)QB - Matt Cassel, KC (8)RB - Adrian Peterson, MIN (9)RB - Pierre Thomas, NO (5)RB - LeSean McCoy, PHI (4)RB - Rashad Jennings, JAX (7)WR - Terrell Owens, BUF (9)WR - Dwayne Bowe, KC (8)WR - Miles Austin, DAL (6)WR - Jeremy Maclin, PHI (4)WR - James Jones, GB (5)WR - Juaquin Iglesias, CHI (5)TE - Dustin Keller, NYJ (9)TE - Brandon Pettigrew, DET (7)PK - Garrett Hartley, NO (5)PK - Sebastian Janikowski, OAK (9)D/ST - Chicago (5)D/ST - Arizona (4)
Was very tempted to take WR7 rather than RB4, but one injury to those 3 RBs and I'd be hurting. At least the byes for the WRs are spread nicely. Hartley I have as my #1 kicker this year and the CHI/AZ defense is a great combo. Both the TEs are likely the #2 targets on their teams. The QBs are a bit mercurial, but we'll see - at least they have their jobs locked up. ADP/Pierre's a nice weekly tandem at RB. After TO and Bowe it is WR3BC, but I can take that chance considering the rest of the team.Comments? Thoughts?

5 Cutler

6 Hill

4 Deangelo Williams

6 Felix Jones

9 Shonn Greene

6 Tashard Choice

7 TJ Duckett

7 Housh

8 Ward

6 Ginn

7 Gage

5 Floyd

9 Furrey

4 Gonzalez

5 Kaeding

9 Feely

9 Vikings

10 Texans

<_< will add comments later but really like how things fell. dont remember ever rolling with a single TE. :sadbanana:

Romo (6), Sanchez (9), Quinn (9)

I am happy going three deep at QB. I do like Romo, and the other two should offer upside many weeks. Yes, I invested three relatively early picks at the position, but I wanted to be strong at QB.

Forte (5), McFadden (9), Sproles (5), Maurice Morris (7)

Like Forte, and took two upside RBs next. MoMo is a guy I am high on to get receptions and possibly extended action.

Jennings (5), Mason (7), Muhammad (4), D Henderson (5), Plaxico Burress (?), Kenny Britt (7), David Clowney (9)

The top three WRs should be solid. The rest were taken on sheer upside. I think there is a chance that Plax plays some this season.

Dallas Clark (6)

Clark is elite and will be in great shape, esp with no real WR2 in Indy.

Robbie Gould (5)

I decided to go with just one kicker and I liked Gould's early bye.

NYJ Def (9), SEA Def (7)

I like both defenses. NYJ is one of my top defenses this season.

I decided early on to go with one kicker and one tight end, after I took Clark. I did reconsider K2 due to Gould sharing a bye with same bye as a few of my best players. But, there were no good options in 17th so I took WR7 instead. Yes, it is risky going single at two positions, but I decided to take the gamble. I would have taken Bush (3rd) or Pierre (4th) but I could not handle another week five bye week. This was when I went toward Romo/Clark. I was going to wait on a QB, but I am high on Romo this season.

I think the big issues will be getting past week five and the health of my aged WR2/3 and upside of the other WRs. With the Plax to NYJ rumors, I chose Clowney over others. Not really worried about RB as much as many might be. I think McFadden, Sproles, and MoMo will be involved in their offenses.

Overall, I like the team ok, but who knows what will happen with a few of these players.

Ruffrodys:

QB

2.11 (27): Peyton Manning, IND, QB2 (6)

10.11 (155): Matthew Stafford ®, DET, QB30 (7)

Manning is gold in this format and I am not worried one bit about coaching changes this year. He is basically a coach on the field anyway and calls most of his own plays. I'm thrilled to have him as my field general. By week six we will see if the Stafford experiment in Detroit is working or not. A

RB

1.06 (06): LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB5 (5)

4.11 (59): Thomas Jones, NYJ, RB22 (9)

6.11 (91): Donald Brown ®, IND, RB31 (6)

9.06 (134): LeRon McClain, BAL, RB44 (7)

I see LT coming back to form this year. Jones is okay as a RB2. Brown should be able to fill any bad weeks by Jones. McClain....who knows? B

WR

3.06 (38): Chad Ochocinco, CIN, WR17 (8)

5.06 (70): DeSean Jackson, PHI, WR27 (4)

7.06 (102): Hakeem Nicks ®, NYG, WR41 (10)

11.06 (166): Percy Harvin ®, MIN, WR58 (9)

12.11 (187): Josh Morgan, SF , WR67 (6)

18.11 (283): Kelley Washington, BAL, WR96 (7)

Ochocinco. Oucho-crinko. Early leap of faith. Palmer will get him the ball......what he does with it is anyone's guess. Could be a great pick. I love the Nicks and Harvin picks. I also like my pick of Kelley Washington for Mr. Irrelevant. He will surprise many. B

TE

8.11 (123): Tony Scheffler, DEN, TE15 (7)

13.06 (198): Donald Lee, GB, TE25(5)

I don't see Scheffler's numbers decreasing just because Orton is behind center.....in fact they may go up. Lee is a solid bye week fill-in. B

PK

15.06 (230): Kris Brown, HOU, PK10 (10)

17.06 (262): Matt Prater, DEN, PK27 (7)

God enough for me.C+

D

14.11 (219): Jacksonville Jaguars, D23 (7)

16.11 (251): Cincinnati Bengals, D29 (8)

Ditto. B

No bye week issues. Solid team. I like it more now than at the beginning of the draft. Do not be surprised if this team makes it far....it is built for it. :hot: :lmao:

Team Grade: B

Rody

MY TEAM:

Palmer (8)

Flacco (7)

Gore (6)

Benson (8)

Washington (9)

J. Harrison (9)

Wayne (9)

Holmes (8)