What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

. (1 Viewer)

Hi, I currently commish 10 dynasty leagues (1 is finishing it's 3rd season with just 1 team turned over in 3 years). Leagues consist of primarily FBG members so the leagues are competitive.

MFL Site

Scoring System

25-man rosters, 12-teams, 3 divisions...start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Entry Fee: $100, $75 for this season, $25 deposit towards the following season.

iii. PRIZES ($830)

a. League Champion: $360

b. 2nd Place: $180

c. 3rd Place: $90

d. 4th Place: $45

e. Total Points 16 Weeks: $75

f. Weekly High Score (16 Weeks): $5 each week

The draft will begin once all owners have paid.

Please post here or PM me if you would like in. Draft order and divisions will not be randomized until all owners have paid to prevent having to fill a certain draft slot.
Yes, I'll do it....again.Is this the "Late Draft Classic" League....the one with the draft starting right after week #3 of the NFL camps.....Say on Friday, August 15, 2009?

These are fun leagues. :shrug:

I'm interested, especially if it drafts in Aug as an above poster suggested. League page currently says its this coming Monday. I assume that's incorrect.

Count me in if above assumption is correct.

I am interested, sent you a PM

Hi, I currently commish 10 dynasty leagues (1 is finishing it's 3rd season with just 1 team turned over in 3 years). Leagues consist of primarily FBG members so the leagues are competitive.

MFL Site

Scoring System

25-man rosters, 12-teams, 3 divisions...start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

iii. PRIZES ($830)

Please post here or PM me if you would like in. Draft order and divisions will not be randomized until all owners have paid to prevent having to fill a certain draft slot.

MFL Site

Scoring System

iii. PRIZES ($830)

I am interested. PM Sent.

Heading out for some hoops right now, will PM everyone that replied in here when I get back.

Short:

I don't use league safe. I run the leagues with 100% payouts and as commissioner the only thing I take from the leagues is the interest generated over the course of the year from the league dues. All dues are paid out as soon as the season as finished, some earlier if a team should win their division and be eliminated from the playoffs.

Waivers are done by blind bidding on Wednesday night's and then FCFS until kickoff.

Monkey, what kind of more info you looking for?

Had looked like this league wasn't going to go but Toads is pushing for another so will be doing this one as well with the draft not being until August so have plenty of time to get things set up here.

For those unfamiliar with me you can search topics I've posted on here and search for leagues on MFL begininning with BZ. I run about 10 dynasty leagues over there with the first beginning in 2005 and are primarily made up of FBG's so tons of references from this board.

Looks like 5 spots left. (12 team league)

If you're looking for a late draft PPR league this is the one (Aug 17).

Ready to get this thing started so we can start trading picks if we so choose.

Check it out!

Reputable commish.

I'm not the commish, but the draft seems slated for Aug 17. If your looking for an early draft, you may want to look elsewhere.

For others who may be interested there are certain advantages I've found with late drafts:

1) Any injuries that happen in the off-season can be accounted for.

2) Don't have to guess who will likely be starting where.

3) Rookies aren't chosen way earlier than they should have been.

4) Everyone should start on more equall footing due to reason 1-3.

5) And this is the biggie. People that join pre-planned late drafts tend to stick around for the long haul. Part of this may have to do with a more fair start as a whole, but I think the biggest thing is most of us crave FF in the off-season and sometimes make commitments we can't keep cause people get bored and decide a dynasty draft sounds fun this time of year. This has been my biggest problem with early draft leagues is the turnover. It my opinion a lot of these owners join early draft leagues for the wrong reasons, blind to the commitment they've just made. While the majority still joins for the right reasons, having 3-4 owners drop in the 1st two years can really kill the mood.

Food for thought at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just replied to the latest PM's. Correct, this draft will indeed be held late after the information curve has settled some. I was requested to start a late draft dynasty and this one will be it. Tentatively have 2 spots open for this league.

sounds good............. Welsh Corgi's are in............. please send information on sending check.

thanks

jack

Haven't heard back from 2 of the guys that expressed interest. Looking to add 1-2 more owners still. 9/12 teams have paid so we're close to setting draft order and divisions.

Haven't heard back from 2 of the guys that expressed interest. Looking to add 1-2 more owners still. 9/12 teams have paid so we're close to setting draft order and divisions.
I am interested if you allow co-owners. A fellow ff'er and I have been looking for a startup dynasty team to own together. It that is cool we are in and I can send payment immediately via pay pal.

Users who are viewing this thread