Finless

Tiger Woods

11,509 posts in this topic

ignorant post of the highest proportions.

We'll see at the end of the year when the tally's in

Funniest thing its less his swing being off lately and more his putting.

So I would not say he is done.

Its not like he is out there Duvalling it...Id bet he still ends up World #1 at the end of the year.

countdown to Tiger going to the belly putter in 3........2.........1...........

Since returning from major knee surgery, Tiger has played in 4 stroke play tournaments in 2009. His finishes are as follows:

1-4-T6-T9

He is currently competing in the Players Championship and sitting in 6th as of typing this.

5 stroke play events. 5 Top 10 finishes.

He is so done.

Since returning from major knee surgery, Tiger has played in 4 stroke play tournaments in 2009. His finishes are as follows:1-4-T6-T9He is currently competing in the Players Championship and sitting in 6th as of typing this.5 stroke play events. 5 Top 10 finishes.He is so done.

:bag:he's back on teh juice

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

:bag::shrug:

It hasn't even been a year since his last major win.

He will blow Jack's major record out of the water.

Edit to add: moronic thread.

Edited by zoonation

pretty sure that rick reilly of all people wrote an article saying something similar a few weeks ago. that's the type you want to associate with? real cutting edge, that reilly.

Nice drive into the trees followed up with a seemingly simple shot he shanks into the water.

I can't even defend his play today.

There isn't one aspect of his game that is working.

I had my knee operated on a few years back. I can ride a bike 100 miles, I can do any number of activities completely pain free without drugs/ice at all, but golf. By 9 holes I'm going for the advil. Every freaking time.

And I don't swing nearly as hard as he does.

He may not be done, but don't pretend it's gonna get better on it's own the way he treats it.

Nice drive into the trees followed up w. He can't hit a fairway and is still within 6 of the lead afterith a seemingly simple shot he shanks into the water.

Based on your posts in this thread, I can't take anything you say about golf seriously. Tiger has always had times in his career when he has struggled with driving, and this week he is playing horribly. He is still 6 off the lead after playing brutal all week. He will figure it out...he always does.At least let him play half a year before writing him off. Edited by zoonation

Nice drive into the trees followed up w. He can't hit a fairway and is still within 6 of the lead afterith a seemingly simple shot he shanks into the water.

Based on your posts in this thread, I can't take anything you say about golf seriously. Tiger has always had times in his career when he has struggled with driving, and this week he is playing horribly. He is still 6 off the lead after playing brutal all week. He will figure it out...he always does.At least let him play half a year before writing him off.
Based on my posts? Seriously? The guy looks terrible today. He keeps bailing himself out. He looks defeated out there.

Based on your posts in this thread, I can't take anything you say about golf seriously. Tiger has always had times in his career when he has struggled with driving, and this week he is playing horribly. He is still 6 off the lead after playing brutal all week. He will figure it out...he always does.At least let him play half a year before writing him off.
Based on my posts? Seriously? The guy looks terrible today. He keeps bailing himself out. He looks defeated out there.
Great observation.You could even go so far as to say he looks "career defeated". :thumbdown:

Yeah, seriously. You are arguing that he is done based on the fact that he hasn't performed at a god-like level for the last couple of months..although he did win Bay Hill and always finishes in top ten. You said he was done being dominant...which shows a total lack of perspective and acumen about the game of golf generally and Tiger's game specifically. He has struggled lately...no doubt. Your thread is ridiculous though.

Tiger plays horrible and finishes in the top ten.

He wins Bethpage this year...

I really thought that this might be the week he broke out of it. Very little pressure, a non-major. I hope he's not done. It's always fun watching a legend. I can't help but think of Gale Sayers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was his 5th stroke play event this year? He has 1 win and 4-5 top 10 finishes? His career winning percentage is somewhere just above 25%.

His C game is getting him top 10's. Let's see what happens the rest of the year.

He looked bad today. Finless as usual spot-on.

I watched every stroke. I feel even better about the thread this evening than I did on Friday. Lots of denial in this thread. Remember Mike Tyson? How long did it take for some people to let go?

Stick it in your ear Tiger fans, your boy sucked today.

:lmao:

I watched every stroke. I feel even better about the thread this evening than I did on Friday. Lots of denial in this thread. Remember Mike Tyson? How long did it take for some people to let go?
Finless - you are a gambler aren't you?

I play poker and do some gambling. I'm enough of a "gambler" to know what a sucker bet is.

Finless - I don't follow your comment. Can you explain?

Was thinking you'd reply with some sucker bet.

You say Tiger is done. I'll bet you $100 he wins a tournament before the end of the year. Waddya say?

He's a semi-professional fisherman I believe.Nets, dynamite, whatever it takes.

You say Tiger is done. I'll bet you $100 he wins a tournament before the end of the year. Waddya say?

No I sent you a PM with a legit bet if you think he's done.

My prediction.... No bet!

:goodposting:

:goodposting:

In Finless' hands. Legit offer made.

:shock:

In Finless' hands. Legit offer made.
Couple problems here. We'd have to wait another 15 years potentially. What does Woods need to break it 5 more? I wouldn't take that bet. Too much money, too long to wait and you're from the internet.

If you think it's a stretch to say he won;t break the record catch some of the articles out there. Also look up his odds to win majors.

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

Understand ...so this statement above was fishing then right? I will be glad to to put a limit on the timeframe - say six years from now? And adjust the bet amount closer to something with which you are comfortable.

Understand ...so this statement above was fishing then right? I will be glad to to put a limit on the timeframe - say six years from now? And adjust the bet amount closer to something with which you are comfortable.
Fishing? Did you miss the bolded? If you really want to gamble with me on Tiger we'll just have to take a look at his odds on the next tourney. This long term stuff doesn't work for me.

Horrible. Guy may be the 50th best golfer...........in Florida. :tumbleweed:

Fishing? Did you miss the bolded? If you really want to gamble with me on Tiger we'll just have to take a look at his odds on the next tourney. This long term stuff doesn't work for me.
Whoa cowboy - not lookin' for an ifight here. The point to this thread that you opened is clear - that Tiger's chances of breaking Jack's record aren't looking so good anymore. I like his chances quite a bit and extended a bet via PM. I didn't call you out.

Let's not turn a "Joan" here and make this about the next tourney he plays.

Whoa cowboy - not lookin' for an ifight here. The point to this thread that you opened is clear - that Tiger's chances of breaking Jack's record aren't looking so good anymore. I like his chances quite a bit and extended a bet via PM. I didn't call you out.

Oh no fight intended whatsoever. I think they're are clearly 3 groups here. I am not alone. One group sees Tiger recovering - he'll be back dominating in no time. Another group sees him in a decline and that a combination of better players, a bad wheel and weakened confidence will have him much less competitive in the coming years. Then there's the group who really doesn't know.

I'm not alone here. There's plenty of talk about Tiger's decline. Finishing in the top 5 or 10 isn't winning. He's a warrior but there's seems to be a tick getting in the way. He might turn it around but I wouldn't put my money there.

Oh no fight intended whatsoever. I think they're are clearly 3 groups here. I am not alone. One group sees Tiger recovering - he'll be back dominating in no time. Another group sees him in a decline and that a combination of better players, a bad wheel and weakened confidence will have him much less competitive in the coming years. Then there's the group who really doesn't know.

I'm not alone here. There's plenty of talk about Tiger's decline. Finishing in the top 5 or 10 isn't winning. He's a warrior but there's seems to be a tick getting in the way. He might turn it around but I wouldn't put my money there.

The minor flaw in your theory is the amount of time you've allotted to Tiger to make a full time dominating return to the tour.