Finless

Tiger Woods

11,504 posts in this topic

Oh, and follow @the_ironsheik on twitter and look back at some of his posts about Tiger today.

The Tiger woods people they say he's back. Sheikie baby think he going to #### the roseanne barr and hulk hogan to be happy after

Tiger woods wife breath smell like tito santana ###

Tiger woods #### the ultimate warrior mom for $2

The Tiger woods win today than he #### 20 girls in the ###

The Baylor get the ####ing #### kick out of them by the kentucky. worse than I do with hulk hogan with my baby finger

Ok, that last was not about Tiger.

I never said he wouldn't win another tournament.

Fire up the backpedal.

It's like Fin handed you the guys and asked you to go out and warm up the car while he looks for his sunglasses. Can't wait to see him jump in.

wat. I said he would win two tournaments and no majors this year. Why would I need to backpedal after one win? Edited by flapgreen

Always embarrassing when a bunch of wrong dudes get together and pat each other on the back. Oof.

One win in nearly 2 1/2 years is worth bragging about? If this propels him back to greatness, then okay, but for now, this is just one win, and not even one at a major.
Check out his last 3 or 4 eventsMomentum....he has it.

Still nothing from Fin.

He said he's moving from Denver to Nashville. Might have a few more important things to worry about at the moment than checking on this thread. :shrug:
Guy called an epic collapse. Has absolutely nothing to answer for in here.
His inner circle hustling in vain to his defense. You can bring out all the post counts and mod powers you want, and it doesn't change what's unfolding here before our eyes. Poor fin getting undressed. I'd take my time moving too. And I might fire up a new alias once I got to my new town. Fresh starts and all.
:lmao:

Who actually roots for this guy and why?

People who work in the public sector root for him hoping a win will mean bigger tips.

Fire up the backpedal.

It's like Fin handed you the guys and asked you to go out and warm up the car while he looks for his sunglasses. Can't wait to see him jump in.

wat. I said he would win two tournaments and no majors this year. Why would I need to backpedal after one win?
I think it's because these clowns have waited three years for one measly win and now they think that Woods is back as the dominating force he used to be and that all the choke jobs and 'look at me, boo hoo' injuries never happened.

Imagine how they'll act if he ever actually wins a major.

Here is the best part....

Johnny miller said something like "of the 15 players in the last 8 groups excluding tiger, nobody is under par and they are a combined 36 over pat"

Just melting away like the old days

choke jobs? really?

Yeah. Quite a few in these last three years.

choke jobs? really?

Yeah. Quite a few in these last three years.
I don't think fin meant to fish the tiger haters, but they are the ones who took the bait the hardest.Hook, line, sinker. :lmao:

Fire up the backpedal.

wat. I said he would win two tournaments and no majors this year. Why would I need to backpedal after one win?
I think it's because these clowns have waited three years for one measly win and now they think that Woods is back as the dominating force he used to be and that all the choke jobs and 'look at me, boo hoo' injuries never happened.

Imagine how they'll act if he ever actually wins a major.

LINK

For me, he's the best golfer in the last 20 years at least. One of the top golfers ever. I like watching people dominate their sports as long as I don't have a vested interest in their opponents. I also don't give one damn about athletes' personal lives. That's none of my business.

Thoe only concern I would have is that on the last hole after Tiger hit his second shot it seemed like something was wrong with his leg again..Johnny Miller even said it looked like Tiger was walking gingerly after that shot. Hopefully it was not the knee again.

For me, he's the best golfer in the last 20 years at least. One of the top golfers ever. I like watching people dominate their sports as long as I don't have a vested interest in their opponents. I also don't give one damn about athletes' personal lives. That's none of my business.
I agree with this to an extent. If he had slipped up and met someone and cheated, it would have been different. But he had 20+ mistresses and/or one night stands. With no regard for his wife or child. To me, that shows lack of character. I have a hard time rooting for bad people. Talented or not.

I agree with this to an extent. If he had slipped up and met someone and cheated, it would have been different. But he had 20+ mistresses and/or one night stands. With no regard for his wife or child. To me, that shows lack of character. I have a hard time rooting for bad people. Talented or not.
I agree with you, but if we have to worry about character nobody could root for any NFL or NBA team. All I look for in todays athletes is for them to entertain me..like a circus clown would. Edited by Da Guru

I agree with you, but if we have to worry about character nobody could root for any NFL or NBA team. All I look for in todays athletes is for them to entertain me..like a circus clown would.
I generally dont tune into sports to see how I should be a father and husband...I tune in to watch them dunk a basketball, hit homeruns, and stuff 8 irons to 4 feet

I agree with you, but if we have to worry about character nobody could root for any NFL or NBA team. All I look for in todays athletes is for them to entertain me..like a circus clown would.
I generally dont tune into sports to see how I should be a father and husband...I tune in to watch them dunk a basketball, hit homeruns, and stuff 8 irons to 4 feet
I generally agree with you, but it adds excitement for me to root against the low-character guys. I like having a villain to root against. Guys like belichick, Bonds, Woods, etc. Like you, I'd be sad if Woods wasn't still competing. He definitely makes Subdays better when he's in contention. But I watch for different reasons. We have different emotions when Tiger grimaces and reaches for a leg.

In most other sports, you're brought up rooting for the home team and there is sense of community as you share your team's joys, victories and heartbreaks with your family, neighbors and friends. In golf, we don't get such a compass on who to cheer for. So, for me, I look for the guy with the hot wife who's banged the most broads and that is Tiger Woods.

can't wait to see who Tiger gets selected to play with in the first two rounds in Augusta.

Sad I won't be in attendence to witness it personally.

Still nothing from Fin.

He said he's moving from Denver to Nashville. Might have a few more important things to worry about at the moment than checking on this thread. :shrug:
Guy called an epic collapse. Has absolutely nothing to answer for in here.
Right, between the injuries, the swing change, and his personal life imploding on him in unprecedented spectacular fashion with all the world watching, how could anybody have seen a bump in the road for his performance on the golf course. And yet, with all of that, he still had the best cumulative performance of anybody in the world in the Majors he played between the accident and the injury layoff in '11.
This is a pretty good posting and spot on.

When did you ever cheer for the guy though newb? IIRC you have been firmly against him even before the crap with his wife.

Fish are pulling the fisherman right out of the boats in here.

He looked bad today. Finless as usual spot-on.

:coffee:

I really thought that this might be the week he broke out of it. Very little pressure, a non-major. I hope he's not done. It's always fun watching a legend. I can't help but think of Gale Sayers.

I was too young and not interested enough to witness Jack's run. I like seeing guys make runs at records that were set before I was old enough to know the history. I like seeing history be made. I was excited when McGuire broke Maris's record, and when Bonds broke McGuire's and Aaron's records even though I don't care for Bonds.I wanted to see the Patriots go undefeated even though I am not a fan. That and those old Dolphin guys are #####.

I was too young and not interested enough to witness Jack's run. I like seeing guys make runs at records that were set before I was old enough to know the history. I like seeing history be made. I was excited when McGuire broke Maris's record, and when Bonds broke McGuire's and Aaron's records even though I don't care for Bonds.I wanted to see the Patriots go undefeated even though I am not a fan. That and those old Dolphin guys are #####.
:goodposting: This is me...love seeing history

:popcorn:

People saying it's no big deal because you assumed he'd win one eventually are totally missing the point.

-He won by five strokes against one of the stronger non-major fields of the season. Nobody else has won a tournament by more than two strokes this year.

-He did this despite dropping two strokes due to freak occurrence almost completely beyond his control.

-The second place finisher was also two strokes clear of the field.

It was easily the most dominating performance by a golfer all season, maybe in multiple seasons. If someone who had never won a tournament did something like this he'd instantly be a hot up-and-comer and one of the guys in the conversation at The Masters. The fact that just happened to be a guy with a couple other wins under his belt makes it all the more striking.

People saying it's no big deal because you assumed he'd win one eventually are totally missing the point.-He won by five strokes against one of the stronger non-major fields of the season. Nobody else has won a tournament by more than two strokes this year.-He did this despite dropping two strokes due to freak occurrence almost completely beyond his control.-The second place finisher was also two strokes clear of the field.It was easily the most dominating performance by a golfer all season, maybe in multiple seasons. If someone who had never won a tournament did something like this he'd instantly be a hot up-and-comer and one of the guys in the conversation at The Masters. The fact that just happened to be a guy with a couple other wins under his belt makes it all the more striking.

Are you implying that he's definitely back to wearing out hoes?

A 5 stroke win in any PGA event is dominant...and he easily could have won by more.

There is always talk of the depth of competition being a big hurdle for Tiger's quest to top Jacks record. But when he plays like that....there are maybe 5 guys in the world who can beat him, and they have to be at their absolute best.

So if he plays at this level in majors...he'll catch Jack soon.

Youch.

People saying it's no big deal because you assumed he'd win one eventually are totally missing the point.-He won by five strokes against one of the stronger non-major fields of the season. Nobody else has won a tournament by more than two strokes this year.-He did this despite dropping two strokes due to freak occurrence almost completely beyond his control.-The second place finisher was also two strokes clear of the field.It was easily the most dominating performance by a golfer all season, maybe in multiple seasons. If someone who had never won a tournament did something like this he'd instantly be a hot up-and-comer and one of the guys in the conversation at The Masters. The fact that just happened to be a guy with a couple other wins under his belt makes it all the more striking.

Are you implying that he's definitely back to wearing out hoes?
I doubt he ever stopped.

The course was set up like a US Open. The question asked and answered. The reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated.

Shout out to Bobby Layne for his early call this week! :thumbup:

When did you ever cheer for the guy though newb? IIRC you have been firmly against him even before the crap with his wife.
Post 1708. Rudnicki did the leg work for me. That was a few months before I knew what a scumbag he was.

:lmao::lmao:

Tiger opens as the betting favorite at the Masters, 3-1 in the states and 7-2 and 4-1 in the UK

Tiger opens as the betting favorite at the Masters, 3-1 in the states and 7-2 and 4-1 in the UK

That is stupid odds

Golf is simply more fun when Tiger is winning or in contention. It's sorta like the NBA is more exciting with Kobe or Lebron in the finals despite nobody really liking their characters. They make the sport better because of competitive drive or otherwordly talent. In Tiger's case he is both the most competitive and talented golfer (with all due respect to Bobby Jones) ever.

I mean look at Jordan. I doubt anyone would say they rooted for him to lose despite him being an ####### who cheated on his wife, gambled, and was cruel to people.