What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (4 Viewers)

Once again, your ignorance is astounding.
You're the one trying to come up with pitiful excuse after pitiful excuse. Just because I laugh at them doesn't make me ignorant. Sorry.Here'd be a good example of a Tiger fan not embarrassing himself......"Woods played uncharacteristically tight on Sunday. Maybe he's used to his opponents feeling the pressure and folding, but Yang didn't. Congrats to him. Woods had a good year, overall, but it was extremely disappointing that he couldn't win a single major. 2010 is another year." That is so much better than, "I think it was the wind that bothered him". God. That's just pathetic.
See, I'm discussing his round. You have a one track agenda of beating the terrible no major year into the ground. You are the one diminishing a year in which he won the Memorial, the Arnold Palmer Invitational, The AT&T, The Buick, and The WGC-Bridgestone. If you don't want to talk about his round, don't respond. That would probably be best since you obviously have no idea about playing golf.
:lmao: I've always been a big fan of the 'you don't agree with me so you obviously know nothing about the subject matter' defense.Sad and desperate, but funny nonetheless. :rolleyes:

You're the one trying to come up with pitiful excuse after pitiful excuse. Just because I laugh at them doesn't make me ignorant. Sorry.Here'd be a good example of a Tiger fan not embarrassing himself......"Woods played uncharacteristically tight on Sunday. Maybe he's used to his opponents feeling the pressure and folding, but Yang didn't. Congrats to him. Woods had a good year, overall, but it was extremely disappointing that he couldn't win a single major. 2010 is another year." That is so much better than, "I think it was the wind that bothered him". God. That's just pathetic.
See, I'm discussing his round. You have a one track agenda of beating the terrible no major year into the ground. You are the one diminishing a year in which he won the Memorial, the Arnold Palmer Invitational, The AT&T, The Buick, and The WGC-Bridgestone. If you don't want to talk about his round, don't respond. That would probably be best since you obviously have no idea about playing golf.
:lmao: I've always been a big fan of the 'you don't agree with me so you obviously know nothing about the subject matter' defense.Sad and desperate, but funny nonetheless. :excited:
It is just painfully obvious that you are clueless to the subject of golf. Your only thought in this whole thread has been that Tiger is playing terrible because he hasn't won a major. So basically you have whittled his whole year down to the final round of the PGA. If he played well the final round you wouldn't be here much like you weren't the first 3 rounds. At my old course there were a few old rednecks that hated Tiger as well, they didn't have much to say when he was dominating and as soon as he had an off day they were crowing. You sound eerily similar to them.

:bag: I've always been a big fan of the 'you don't agree with me so you obviously know nothing about the subject matter' defense.Sad and desperate, but funny nonetheless. :lmao:
I agree with PDG that you are clueless.

:bag: I've always been a big fan of the 'you don't agree with me so you obviously know nothing about the subject matter' defense.Sad and desperate, but funny nonetheless. :lmao:
It is just painfully obvious that you are clueless to the subject of golf. Your only thought in this whole thread has been that Tiger is playing terrible because he hasn't won a major. So basically you have whittled his whole year down to the final round of the PGA. If he played well the final round you wouldn't be here much like you weren't the first 3 rounds. At my old course there were a few old rednecks that hated Tiger as well, they didn't have much to say when he was dominating and as soon as he had an off day they were crowing. You sound eerily similar to them.
Never said Woods is playing terrible. I simply said that the mystique is gone and players no longer start shaking in their boots when they pair up with him on Sundays. He won many-a-tournament because the guy he was playing with simply fell apart. Those days are gone. Add to it the fact that Woods couldn't even make the cut at the last major, and you'd need your head examined if you didn't admit that he had a terrible year IN THE MAJORS. Overall, he had a good year, but please stop trying to convince people that winning tournaments like the AT&T and the Buick are enough to constitute a great year. 0-4 in majors for a guy who's supposed to be the world's best is disappointing to say the least.When Mickelson was winning those type of tournaments but losing the majors, he was a bum and a choker. Pretty ironic, huh?

I agree with PDG that you are clueless.
:lmao: That's shocking considering you're as far up Tiger's ### as PizzaBoy is.

You're the one trying to come up with pitiful excuse after pitiful excuse. Just because I laugh at them doesn't make me ignorant. Sorry.

Here'd be a good example of a Tiger fan not embarrassing himself......"Woods played uncharacteristically tight on Sunday. Maybe he's used to his opponents feeling the pressure and folding, but Yang didn't. Congrats to him. Woods had a good year, overall, but it was extremely disappointing that he couldn't win a single major. 2010 is another year." That is so much better than, "I think it was the wind that bothered him". God. That's just pathetic.
:bag: I've always been a big fan of the 'you don't agree with me so you obviously know nothing about the subject matter' defense.

Sad and desperate, but funny nonetheless. :)
Never said Woods is playing terrible. I simply said that the mystique is gone and players no longer start shaking in their boots when they pair up with him on Sundays. He won many-a-tournament because the guy he was playing with simply fell apart. Those days are gone.
:lmao:

:) That's shocking considering you're as far up Tiger's ### as PizzaBoy is.
To be honest, I was rooting for Paddy the entire week, and the weekend before. So, therefore, you are still clueless.
And I was rooting for Tiger, therefore, you're clueless. That was easy.
Yet you know nothing about Tiger or golf. Nice Trainspotting moment in the bed there.
Ok. You've said it before. Only those who agree with you know something about golf. I'm going to leave the thread for a while. When the opposite side starts with the insults, it's usually best to take a break and chalk it up as a victory and let the losing side calm down a bit.Good luck in your quest to have the world reconsider which tournaments are the majors. :D

Never said Woods is playing terrible. I simply said that the mystique is gone and players no longer start shaking in their boots when they pair up with him on Sundays. He won many-a-tournament because the guy he was playing with simply fell apart. Those days are gone. Add to it the fact that Woods couldn't even make the cut at the last major, and you'd need your head examined if you didn't admit that he had a terrible year IN THE MAJORS. Overall, he had a good year, but please stop trying to convince people that winning tournaments like the AT&T and the Buick are enough to constitute a great year. 0-4 in majors for a guy who's supposed to be the world's best is disappointing to say the least.When Mickelson was winning those type of tournaments but losing the majors, he was a bum and a choker. Pretty ironic, huh?
:) :D :shrug: A guy with 22 wins on tour is considered a bum and a choker. Two 6ths and a 2nd in the majors is terrible. Amazing.It is crazy how much you undervalue any tournament not labeled a Major.

:moneybag:

That's shocking considering you're as far up Tiger's ### as PizzaBoy is.
To be honest, I was rooting for Paddy the entire week, and the weekend before. So, therefore, you are still clueless.
And I was rooting for Tiger, therefore, you're clueless. That was easy.
Yet you know nothing about Tiger or golf. Nice Trainspotting moment in the bed there.
Ok. You've said it before. Only those who agree with you know something about golf. I'm going to leave the thread for a while. When the opposite side starts with the insults, it's usually best to take a break and chalk it up as a victory and let the losing side calm down a bit.Good luck in your quest to have the world reconsider which tournaments are the majors. :bye:
When you make a statement like this, after all that has been said here, you can't go off and cry into the sunset. It's not like I'm defending Sergio Garcia here Bubba.

Never said Woods is playing terrible. I simply said that the mystique is gone and players no longer start shaking in their boots when they pair up with him on Sundays. He won many-a-tournament because the guy he was playing with simply fell apart. Those days are gone.
:sarcasm:
It's pretty true. I'm too lazy to do the research, but I recall many a tournament where Woods performed average to the field, and the contenders just crumbled.

Woods got beat. Yang outplayed him. Period. Wind was not a factor as both played under the same conditions. He couldn't match Yang's game Sunday. It was bound to happen. (He sure looked like he was ready to cry at the end). He'll get beat again too. More and more, he will be on the losing end. Deal with it Woods lovers.

Woods got beat. Yang outplayed him. Period. Wind was not a factor as both played under the same conditions. He couldn't match Yang's game Sunday. It was bound to happen. (He sure looked like he was ready to cry at the end). He'll get beat again too. More and more, he will be on the losing end. Deal with it Woods lovers.
It's quality analysis that makes this thread so fulfilling.

"Fly ball... Caught!"

Probably headed over to Green Valley Ranch this afternoon.
working on the short game?
I adjusted my grip a bit and loosed it up and my drive is coming along. Picked up the new Taylor Made Kia Ma Rossa Daytona putter the other day. I swear this club alone has shaved 5 strokes off my score.
Current USGA sanctioned handicap?
7.0...that is your handicap index?

Don't really know how to use this code box but here's a small sampling of some of my work.

Code:
Yahoo! Handicap Rating is  	7.9  	Enter New Score
Click score to edit/view details. 	last updated Aug 11, 2009
Course 	Score 	Date
Raccoon Creek Golf Course	79*	Aug 10, 2009
Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Vista/Sunshine	89*	Aug 4, 2009
Arrowhead Golf Club	89	Aug 1, 2009
Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Dunes	81*	Jul 8, 2009
Park Hill Golf Club	82*	Jul 7, 2009
Park Hill Golf Club	77*	Jul 1, 2009
Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Dunes	78*	Jun 18, 2009
Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Knolls	84*	Jun 11, 2009
Thorncreek Golf Club	76*	May 21, 2009
Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Eldorado/Vista	81*	May 10, 2009
Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Eldorado/Vista	84*	May 4, 2009
Denver City Park Golf Course	87	Apr 30, 2009
:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fin

Sounds like recent events got you a bit more confident in your stance on Tiger's demise.

I stand by my PM bet I sent you a while back on Tiger beating Jack's record (still have it if you need it again). If you want to put a legit time limit on it or adjust the bet amount I am open to that.

Sincerely yours.

Don't really know how to use this code box but here's a small sampling of some of my work.

Code:
Yahoo! Handicap Rating is  	7.9  	Enter New ScoreClick score to edit/view details. 	last updated Aug 11, 2009Course 	Score 	DateRaccoon Creek Golf Course	79*	Aug 10, 2009Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Vista/Sunshine	89*	Aug 4, 2009Arrowhead Golf Club	89	Aug 1, 2009Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Dunes	81*	Jul 8, 2009Park Hill Golf Club	82*	Jul 7, 2009Park Hill Golf Club	77*	Jul 1, 2009Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Dunes	78*	Jun 18, 2009Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Knolls	84*	Jun 11, 2009Thorncreek Golf Club	76*	May 21, 2009Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Eldorado/Vista	81*	May 10, 2009Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Eldorado/Vista	84*	May 4, 2009Denver City Park Golf Course	87	Apr 30, 2009
:bs:
WAT

Code:
Yahoo! Handicap Rating is  	7.9  	Enter New ScoreClick score to edit/view details. 	last updated Aug 11, 2009Course 	Score 	DateRaccoon Creek Golf Course	79*	Aug 10, 2009Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Vista/Sunshine	89*	Aug 4, 2009Arrowhead Golf Club	89	Aug 1, 2009Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Dunes	81*	Jul 8, 2009Park Hill Golf Club	82*	Jul 7, 2009Park Hill Golf Club	77*	Jul 1, 2009Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Dunes	78*	Jun 18, 2009Riverdale Dunes Knolls Public Links - Knolls	84*	Jun 11, 2009Thorncreek Golf Club	76*	May 21, 2009Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Eldorado/Vista	81*	May 10, 2009Omni Interlocken Golf Club - Eldorado/Vista	84*	May 4, 2009Denver City Park Golf Course	87	Apr 30, 2009
:coffee:
WAT
That May 17th round was conveniently omitted.

Ned said:
drummer said:
Finless said:

Code:
:goodposting:
WAT
Broke 100? Doesn't mean I didn't shoot an 82.

Ned said:
drummer said:
Finless said:

Code:
:lmao:
WAT
I gotta party with you cowboy. I'll cover the ticket ...you just gotta play to that 7 for some modest wagering. And we can look up Clayton.

Finless said:
Ned said:
drummer said:
Finless said:

Code:
:thumbup:
WAT
It's not a real handicap if you're gonna pick and chose which rounds you enter, hoss.

Users who are viewing this thread