What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

Can you fly jet out of there now?  That’s super close to where the crash was. 
yea you can, i didn't think about this angle and if he was going north it's in that general direction. i guess he was staying up there in RPV after the tournament, curious why up there since Riviera is nowhere near there. it's not exactly a staycation hot spot, there's nothing to do there though it is a upper scale neighborhood.

yea you can, i didn't think about this angle and if he was going north it's in that general direction. i guess he was staying up there in RPV after the tournament, curious why up there since Riviera is nowhere near there. it's not exactly a staycation hot spot, there's nothing to do there though it is a upper scale neighborhood.
Yeah not sure. Riviera to van Nuys airport is about the same distance from a PVE house to Torrance. I guess he just likes ocean views. 

Wow..vehicle looks trashed.  Only good thing is the roof was not caved in.  Moderate to critical does not sound too good at the moment.     Hopefully he is OK.

So maybe he was heading back to Riviera

@Daniel_Rapaport: To clarify: Tiger is in LA for a two-day shoot with Golf Digest and GOLFTV. 

Despite some speculation, he was not playing holes or hitting balls, but giving on-course lessons to celebrities. Tiger was in good spirits Monday. Did not arrive to course Tuesday.

So maybe he was heading back to Riviera

@Daniel_Rapaport: To clarify: Tiger is in LA for a two-day shoot with Golf Digest and GOLFTV. 

Despite some speculation, he was not playing holes or hitting balls, but giving on-course lessons to celebrities. Tiger was in good spirits Monday. Did not arrive to course Tuesday.
Yeah David Spade posted some pics of him and Tiger yesterday.  So did Dwayne Wade.

I'm trying to figure it out exactly where he wound up.  there's a canyon to the west just below Blackhorse, but man it would be tough to get all the way into.  

eta I just heard he was traveling north, so that puts him pretty far from blackhorse

eta2, I now see the sign he took out.  looks like he jumped the median

Sucks to hear about this.  :kicksrock:  

ETA: Thought I'd identified the spot at Hawthorne near Palos Verdes Dr N (under all the phone lines overhead) but a different pic just posted isn't that spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the spot (I read it was at Hawthorne near Palos Verdes Dr N, which is this intersection)?  I saw the pic from overhead with all the wires, and this looks like the only spot anywhere near the intersection that has a drop below the wires.  The view here looking at the street light is a south view.  If he was heading north, they have an emergency exit lane due to the downslope and turn. Either the unfamiliar slope, possible fog, or unexpected traffic backed up at the light could have caused him to veer left, cross through this intersection, and go through the white fence.

Sucks to hear about this.  :kicksrock:  
up the hill from there.  roughly here:

https://goo.gl/maps/Kud9Z2o1zmmLciS86

he allegedly was headed north, coming down the hill.  pretty easy to pick up speed.  both Hawthorne and Crenshaw (steeper, curvier) have bail out lanes filled with gravel.

According to the sheriff just now, he managed to bounce of the median, hit a sign, shear off a tree with an 8" trunk and still had enough momentum to bounce all the way across the road and into a ditch.   Seriously, someone take away Tiger's license.  

Of course speculation out there re: substances (and I'll admit the thought crossed my mind as well).  He didn't seem high on Sunday to me, just super hung over.  And super lucid and happy in the pics and videos from yesterday.  So I sincerely hope it's maybe a case of falling asleep at the wheel or something other unrelated to substance use.

We'll see, but it wasn't weather or traffic or any of that.  That road is as easy as it gets.  He was either having fun gunning it down and just F'd up, or he overdid it with some partying and/or meds that carried over into Tuesday morning and zombied the Genesis. 

All nighter at Terranea, imo.  He's human.

Here's to another miracle comeback!

Or, he could have just been late for something and was driving way too fast to try to make up for it. TMZ reported that someone saw him leaving the hotel and that another vehicle had him blocked in for a while and that Woods seemed agitated. He then reportedly drove out of the hotel at a high speed almost hitting someone on the way out. 

What would a full time driver cost yearly for Tiger? 

I bet a lot less than 2 compound fractures and a shattered ankle, folks he might be done playing Golf at this point. 

Cost him tens of millions vs I'll say $100k-$200k tops for the year, unbelievable. I thought after we found him off Military here in Jupiter that would be the end of it but he keeps getting in car accidents. 

I always wonder why people like tiger don’t hire a driver.  I’d never drive again
Not like having a professional is always a way to avoid accidents (see last Jan also in LA County), but I agree.

Loved watching his comeback, but compound fractures and a shattered ankle on top of his back issues....... very sad.

According to the sheriff just now, he managed to bounce of the median, hit a sign, shear off a tree with an 8" trunk and still had enough momentum to bounce all the way across the road and into a ditch.   Seriously, someone take away Tiger's license.  
A long history of bad judgment.

Reportedly no signs of breaking. Fell asleep?

Everybody rightfully talking about his legs, but have to think his already very shaky back is totally screwed after an accident like that. Sucks. 

Go look at the pic of him on the broadcast (w/ the headphones on) and tell me that guy isn't hittin the painkillers again.

What's really going to be rough for him is now he needs them.  And by the dozen.  That weaning is going to be brutal.

Of course speculation out there re: substances (and I'll admit the thought crossed my mind as well).  He didn't seem high on Sunday to me, just super hung over.  And super lucid and happy in the pics and videos from yesterday.  So I sincerely hope it's maybe a case of falling asleep at the wheel or something other unrelated to substance use.

Shades of Ben Hogan.  😢

Reportedly no signs of breaking. Fell asleep?
Hoping...

What would a full time driver cost yearly for Tiger? 

I bet a lot less than 2 compound fractures and a shattered ankle, folks he might be done playing Golf at this point. 

Cost him tens of millions vs I'll say $100k-$200k tops for the year, unbelievable. I thought after we found him off Military here in Jupiter that would be the end of it but he keeps getting in car accidents. 
What's Tiger gonna do with 10's of millions of dollars at this point?

Retire and play golf?

Users who are viewing this thread