What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 3 Draft Thread Part 3 (1 Viewer)

Well, the pace of this draft has certainly made it easier to keep up with the front page. And a round of nothing but kickers saved me from having to use different color fonts. Thanks guys!

Shadowfax said:
Frank Black said:
This is the only time tonight when I will be able to access the computer. My draft board is at work. When my pick comes, please give me the next FBG highest rater kicker that does not share the same bye week as Longwell. THX!
looks like Frank takes:

16.07 Joe Nedney

pming LHUCKS
Thanks Shadow for making my pick. At this point, there is so much whining in this draft that I almost don't care who my remaining picks are. I would rather do what I can to speed up the draft rather than read all of the whining. It mystifies me sometimes why we sign up for drafts that have an 8 hour clock, but we whine and whine when people properly exercise their rights under the rules. I we can't accept the rules, I suggest (1) petitioning for a rules change to shorten the clock or (2) petitioning for a rules change to incorporate usage of pms in certain situations.

Why limit ourselves to whining instead of at least brainstorming to help solve the problem at the ground level, the rules themselves? If we are unable to draft acceptable language, what have we lost? Not much. If we can draft language that works, then we have progress.

Edited to correct a typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeter for covering me. I am around all day and most of the evening for PMs if needed to speed things along.

16.14 Phil Dawson, PK Browns

PM'd Mastershake

Atomic Punk takes ...16.10 C. Schilens WR OAK
No seriously, who do you really want...
Schilens was going to be my pick also. :pickle:He very well could be a starter and while that might not be much being an Oakland WR and all...it's still a starter this late in the draft.
Thanks Shadow ... us Raider fans need to stick together these days.With both JL Higgins and Schilens on my team, I think they are combined a pretty solid WR3/4. Considering they are my WR5 and WR6, that is a pretty good deal IMO.

Atomic Punk takes ...16.10 C. Schilens WR OAK
No seriously, who do you really want...
Schilens was going to be my pick also. :scared:He very well could be a starter and while that might not be much being an Oakland WR and all...it's still a starter this late in the draft.
Thanks Shadow ... us Raider fans need to stick together these days.With both JL Higgins and Schilens on my team, I think they are combined a pretty solid WR3/4. Considering they are my WR5 and WR6, that is a pretty good deal IMO.
Funny....when you took JLH, I went with DHB the next round and then was shooting for DHB and Schilens combo at a cheap price. I need to pay more attention to the homers in these drafts. lol

Sorry for the delay, phone calls galore.

17.01 Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Chicago Bears

Wanted Britt but I'll hope this rookie takes flight.

17.07 S. Morris NE RB

I was hoping for the Duckett/Jones pairing, but I will gladly take Morris who always seems to be active in every game due to being a BB favorite.

PMing next

Edit for typing errors that drive me nuts.

Was going to take K2, but I do not like the options better than this pick:David Clowney, WR, NYJPMing LHUCKs
Almost took him but it would be just like you people to leave me w/o a 2nd defense so that's the route I went instead of Clowney. My late round WR list has been destroyed.

FYI - down to a 15 minute clock, not that it matters much at this point. Pretty sure this is a record though.
Not that it matters...but I thought you couldn't go lower than 30 min (or an hour?)???? You just don't keep halving his clock every time, do you?

FYI - down to a 15 minute clock, not that it matters much at this point. Pretty sure this is a record though.
Not that it matters...but I thought you couldn't go lower than 30 min (or an hour?)???? You just don't keep halving his clock every time, do you?
Yeah...like it matters......Fred, do you want me to make my next pick now because I'll never make a fifteen minute window. If you look at my last few picks, whether I timed out or not, they were well within reason and nowhere near an 8 hour wait for you guys. But hey, keep knocking my clock back....I don't really care with this draft. It started out slow and it will end slow, regardless of my clock. That's right, you 15 other guys haven't picked up the pace even with my clock being shortened 4 times.BTW: thanks for the break after taking only 0 (yes zero) minutes last round and 4 (yep, four) extra minutes on a very tight clock this round. You are a peach.Tell you what.....why not just cut my time to 0 minutes and just keep on drafting. When all is said and done, I'll go pick up my last player. How's that sound?

Yeah...like it matters......Fred, do you want me to make my next pick now because I'll never make a fifteen minute window. If you look at my last few picks, whether I timed out or not, they were well within reason and nowhere near an 8 hour wait for you guys. But hey, keep knocking my clock back....I don't really care with this draft. It started out slow and it will end slow, regardless of my clock. That's right, you 15 other guys haven't picked up the pace even with my clock being shortened 4 times.

BTW: thanks for the break after taking only 0 (yes zero) minutes last round and 4 (yep, four) extra minutes on a very tight clock this round. You are a peach.
I don't have a problem with you taking your time, and I've certainly timed out in the past (although I've changed jobs recently so I won't be on an airplane as often when my clock comes up - I was one of the timeliest posters in this draft). But when I asked if we could cut a break for mastershake earlier in the draft, after he posted his cell phone in the thread and asked people to call him, you were pretty clear that we shouldn't cut slack for people even under extenuating circumstances.
I don't think it's right for him to time out after he put his phone number up in the thread and said he'd be out of pocket until 6 Central. He probably figures that someone would call him when he is up, but I take it nobody copied it down before I asked one of the Jeffs to edit it out for him. I say we give him until 630 Central, even though he's on a four hour clock.
Why? Today is a different day. His original post with phone number said nothing about a trade show today, just yesterday. I say let him time out if it comes to that. He had opportunities to PM someone, anyone, with a list of players. Isn't that what the rest of us do?If I signed up for one of these, then later found out I really wouldn't be available, I'd bow out. Just me I guess?

Just to be clear, I've got nothing against MasterShake (or anyone else for that matter, including LHUCKS) If he has other priorities, that's cool. We all have lives to live. But the need to keep the draft moving along for everybody's sake is why there is a clock, no?
I'm not a stickler for the clock. In fact, I'm in favor of resetting your clock to 30 minutes. Does anyone else mind?

Yeah...like it matters......Fred, do you want me to make my next pick now because I'll never make a fifteen minute window. If you look at my last few picks, whether I timed out or not, they were well within reason and nowhere near an 8 hour wait for you guys. But hey, keep knocking my clock back....I don't really care with this draft. It started out slow and it will end slow, regardless of my clock. That's right, you 15 other guys haven't picked up the pace even with my clock being shortened 4 times.

BTW: thanks for the break after taking only 0 (yes zero) minutes last round and 4 (yep, four) extra minutes on a very tight clock this round. You are a peach.
I don't have a problem with you taking your time, and I've certainly timed out in the past (although I've changed jobs recently so I won't be on an airplane as often when my clock comes up - I was one of the timeliest posters in this draft). But when I asked if we could cut a break for mastershake earlier in the draft, after he posted his cell phone in the thread and asked people to call him, you were pretty clear that we shouldn't cut slack for people even under extenuating circumstances.
I don't think it's right for him to time out after he put his phone number up in the thread and said he'd be out of pocket until 6 Central. He probably figures that someone would call him when he is up, but I take it nobody copied it down before I asked one of the Jeffs to edit it out for him. I say we give him until 630 Central, even though he's on a four hour clock.
Why? Today is a different day. His original post with phone number said nothing about a trade show today, just yesterday. I say let him time out if it comes to that. He had opportunities to PM someone, anyone, with a list of players. Isn't that what the rest of us do?If I signed up for one of these, then later found out I really wouldn't be available, I'd bow out. Just me I guess?

Just to be clear, I've got nothing against MasterShake (or anyone else for that matter, including LHUCKS) If he has other priorities, that's cool. We all have lives to live. But the need to keep the draft moving along for everybody's sake is why there is a clock, no?
I'm not a stickler for the clock. In fact, I'm in favor of resetting your clock to 30 minutes. Does anyone else mind?
I am a stickler for the clock. I don't want my clock reset. I posted I would wait to take my final player until everyone else is done. Seems fair and that's what I'll do. In fact, I probably won't be able to get on until tomorrow night, so it is in the best interests of the draft. I'm just in a bad mood this evening and I'm not drunk yet. Please accept my apologies. My last comment in my previous post was uncalled for. Now.....off to tie one on.

I am a stickler for the clock. I don't want my clock reset. I posted I would wait to take my final player until everyone else is done. Seems fair and that's what I'll do. In fact, I probably won't be able to get on until tomorrow night, so it is in the best interests of the draft. I'm just in a bad mood this evening and I'm not drunk yet. Please accept my apologies. My last comment in my previous post was uncalled for. Now.....off to tie one on.
That's cool. I don't think there's any need to go to a zero minute clock. I left you at 30 minutes in the main post. I'm not trying to get in anyone's face here. If you want to delete all these posts, we can just rewind.

Users who are viewing this thread