What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sharkpool Mock Draft... (1 Viewer)

Tom Brady anybody? Is the mandatory 3 WR really effecting him this much?
He'd be a good pick here, but to be honest I see Brady, Peyton, Rivers and Rodgers kinda close. I put Brady at the top of the list, but looking at who is left here at 2.07, there are other players I will select ahead of him at 2.08...even if he is available. $.02

No offense, but why is this in the Shark Pool? I don't think this is a good precedent to set to allow people to start mocking for their leagues. When a couple more start popping up, they're gonna wonder why theirs can't stay and this one can. Just not seeing the value for others here I guess.

No offense, but why is this in the Shark Pool? I don't think this is a good precedent to set to allow people to start mocking for their leagues. When a couple more start popping up, they're gonna wonder why theirs can't stay and this one can. Just not seeing the value for others here I guess.
I think we still have a long way before the "mocking season". As the first 10-team mock here, many people may actually take a real solid look-see at what the current tempratures of players/values are.

If it becomes clutttered with mocks (just for the sake of mocking) I would agree. But currently its not really an issue.
First of all, most people don't play in 10 team leagues. Second of all, there isn't much discussion going on. That would at least add value. Third of all, if people want to take a look at current values, they can pull up any number of ongoing drafts at other sites or just visit the dedicated thread right here at FBG located here:Mock Drafts at FBG

Again, when you have a dedicated forum already set for something like this, that's where it belongs. It'd be like asking a WDIS question here in the Shark Pool just because it's early on and it's the only one. I guess the mods can decide and if they think it belongs here or has value, then great.

I could not disagree with you more. Love stuff like this early before the season. Especially with my good FBG folks. Not trying to be mean here, but how hard can it be to simply not click on the topic and move on to something you'd like to post a comment on. By looking at this post, you know EXACTLY what you're going to see. Its hard to find 10 people outside of the FBG group to do a mock this early. Now as the season approaches and there are pre-season games going on, it may be easier to get a mock draft started outside of the FBG forums, and yes I agree, this is not the place to see a mock draft as the season approaches. However, now when training camps have just opened, I see no problem starting a mock draft here. How is this topic different than any other fantasy football topic that's already been started? After all, you would not have clicked on this "Sharkpool Mock Draft" if you were not the least bit curious right? I also enjoy people's comments and thoughts about players and where they are drafted this early. There's a lot of good info in this thread already through the first round. A great example is how people feel about S-Jax and Burner Turner. This thread has arguments on both sides for these guys. Good stuff...JMO... :goodposting:

I think we still have a long way before the "mocking season". As the first 10-team mock here, many people may actually take a real solid look-see at what the current tempratures of players/values are.If it becomes clutttered with mocks (just for the sake of mocking) I would agree. But currently its not really an issue.
:yawn: .Couldn't agree more here. This is the only freaking mock draft I've seen so far. I'd actually like to see a 12 and 14 team mock draft this early. Again, if you don't want to read what's inside of a thread, don't click on it. The FBG forum is NOT that cluttered. The FBG Moderators do a good job with filtering out stuff. This won't get filtered out. There's good info in here.

Choke said:
WR Steve Smith.
Just out of curiosity is this a HOMER pick?
No. Smith had 90+ yards in 10 of 14 games last year. With their running game and oline, I expect more of the same stellar output.He ended my tier. Fitz, Megatron, Moss, Smith, AJ. Then a very slight drop to the next guys on my boards.

Im a Steeler fan btw.
I'm a HUGE Panther fan Choke, that's the only reason I'm asking. I'm a little worried about Jake this year. I hope they feed the rock to DWill and JStew a lot this year. My main concern with the Cats this year is their D. If their D plays like they did towards the end of the season last year (which is entirely possible) Jake may have no choice but to throw, and that could mean big things out of #89 this year.

First of all, most people don't play in 10 team leagues. Second of all, there isn't much discussion going on. That would at least add value. Third of all, if people want to take a look at current values, they can pull up any number of ongoing drafts at other sites or just visit the dedicated thread right here at FBG located here:
Both of my leagues (a keeper, a dynasty) are 10 team leagues. Sometimes it's harder to have more than 10 dedicated GMs year to year.I will add some comments to my next picks, to try to add some more details.

Well I agree with gianmarco.
:thumbup: im normally not one to worry about what thread goes where but this "mock" is giving very little to the Shark Pool.There is little if any analysis or discussion.I would be in favor of an "Official Shark Pool Mock" ......... but this mock is far from being even close to the quality I would expect.This is Assistant Coach material at best.

:coffee: im normally not one to worry about what thread goes where but this "mock" is giving very little to the Shark Pool.There is little if any analysis or discussion.I would be in favor of an "Official Shark Pool Mock" ......... but this mock is far from being even close to the quality I would expect.This is Assistant Coach material at best.
"Assistant Coach material at best?" Thats a bit condescending. There is allot of quality in The Pool, but there are also guys like me who post and get minimal responses and interaction. I pay my $ and have all kinds of experience, this is a thread I woke up and rushed here to make my picks and now I find myself defending it? I don't even know if it's against the rules but I do know that I've been here all year and was excited to open this thread, obviously you weren't but still did. If its the title that is the problem then I can understand, but cut some slack here or move it or whatever, heck call it the JV mock or something else. Do understand that the "Blue Chip" posters on here are having all the fun and if thats the case why not call it a blog?

All the polemics aside, the fun-quotient seriously dropped from last night. So people think it's in the wrong place and feel like griping over it, you have spoken your piece. Not sure how that helps. The mods at this site are generally pretty good at keeping the flow, and if they want to move it, they will. As far as I know, they are the only ones who make that determination. If they feel it is best, they will.

Now, if we can stop collectively ******* into the wind and have Buffaloes make a pick here at 2.07, it would be appreciated. Maybe he will even be capable of providing "shark-worthy" insights on his pick... :wall:

Tom Brady

and I agree that this should probably be moved to the mock draft forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: im normally not one to worry about what thread goes where but this "mock" is giving very little to the Shark Pool.There is little if any analysis or discussion.I would be in favor of an "Official Shark Pool Mock" ......... but this mock is far from being even close to the quality I would expect.This is Assistant Coach material at best.
"Assistant Coach material at best?" Thats a bit condescending. There is allot of quality in The Pool, but there are also guys like me who post and get minimal responses and interaction. I pay my $ and have all kinds of experience, this is a thread I woke up and rushed here to make my picks and now I find myself defending it? I don't even know if it's against the rules but I do know that I've been here all year and was excited to open this thread, obviously you weren't but still did. If its the title that is the problem then I can understand, but cut some slack here or move it or whatever, heck call it the JV mock or something else. Do understand that the "Blue Chip" posters on here are having all the fun and if thats the case why not call it a blog?
After reading your response I took the time to reread the thread and look at some of the picks.... to give myself a second opinion, not debate on who should have been selected where.My findings ..?? ........ I might have been too kind.Very few picks had any commentary or discussion at all ... heck the first 10 picks are just a list of names besides a few notes on S. Jackson. There already is a place to list your personal scoring system and put down a list of names.All posters are welcome and encouraged to give thoughts and commentary , and far be it for me to say what's what .... but just listing names ?? C'Mon ..be better than that..the Pool deserves it....thought out debate and discussion on playerspicks and the reasoning for making that choice is what makes this place great.

Did any of the guys complaining bother to hit th report button and ask to have the thread moved? I did that when I made my pick and it was moved almost immediately.

2.08 - Steve Slaton

Loving the tandem of SJAX and Slaton I was able to land in the mock. Both solid pass catching backs (.5 PPR scoring here) and both 3-down backs who should see a big workload.

Slaton is sooooooo underrated. 1600+ yards, a good enough passing O with Schaub/AJ/Walters/Daniels to keep defenses from focusing on him and a solid D that should keep them in games - and handing the rock off to Slaton.

Considered S.Smith here if he hadn't been scooped up at 2.06, but that was due merely to the 3WR lineup. Slaton as the 12th RB selected = VALUE. He's my #8 overall RB for 2009.

Did any of the guys complaining bother to hit th report button and ask to have the thread moved? I did that when I made my pick and it was moved almost immediately.
I did with my 1st post last night. And I wasn't trying to start any pissing match, but there was an immediate reply defending why it should stay and the reasons for it just didn't make sense. Most important, as others pointed out, there was virtually no commentary on why players were picked. As for why I stopped in, that's exactly what I was looking for. To see who was involved, what it entailed, and what kind of discussion was taking place. When I saw none, I reported it and stated my viewpoint. You want to take offense to it, knock yourselves out. The mock is fine and I'm glad you got some SP people to take part. Hope the rest of it goes well.

I notice the thread has been moved... and yet I notice a whole lot of traffic and viewers.Back on topic, only 2 picks have gone off (please PM ppl) and its 11am EST. I wont be back for a while.
If Black can roll out the pick I will go with 2 in a row! Then I am out until 9:30 PM. ET.ThanksHeres where we stand:1.1 ratbast - A. Peterson1.2 Black - M. Jones-Drew1.3 Mighty Mice - S. Jackson1.4 Buffaloes - M. Forte1.5 Choke - M. Turner1.6 LOCO - L. Fitzgerald1.7 the branded hand - D. Williams1.8 laughinboy_2000 - B. Westbrook1.9 eefflrat - D. Brees1.10 LawFitz - L. Tomlinson2.1 LawFitz - R. Moss2.2 eefflrat - F. Gore2.3 laughinboy_2000 - AJohnson2.4 the branded hand - Clinton Portis2.5 LOCO - Calvin Johnson2.6 Choke - Steve Smith2.7 Buffaloes - Tom Brady2.8 Mighty Mice - SSlaton2.9 Black -2.10 ratbast -

Sorry, just catching up...thanks for reposting the guys off the board.

Surprises...Brees very high, although I would have taken him here for sure (or Brady) due to the 6 points for Passing TDs. Now I am out of my Tier 1 QBs, so I can wait, then next Tier of QB seems large to me.

With 3WRs starting, I need to start taking some stud WRs, and would have in the first round, if I had been at pick 6 or later (probably would take ADP, MJD, Forte, Turner, LT if in the top 5). I would have been more tempted here, except that Fitz, Andre, Calvin, and Moss are gone. I think SSmith is a risk, mostly due to Delhomme and no backup at QB for CAR (plus CAR is run first now).

I can't pass on Chris Johnson here...with 0.5 PPR, it's too tempting.

Also, if this were 1.0 PPR, I would have gone WR here for sure.

2.10 Black : Chris Johnson, TEN

OK so at the turn I am worried about waiting 2 rounds to get my QB and my first WR. So I will pick them now:

2.10 QB Peyton Manning

3.01 WR Reggie Wayne

I think the demise of the Indy O is greatly over exaggerated. Oline and RB troubles all last year and I think those aspects will both improve. I don't care for combos much but felt this is where the values were for each position and I didn't want to wait.

See you at around 9:30 PM ET.

Regarding rat's last two picks...I agree IND is still high flying, but I would personally NOT take a QB/WR on the same team like that when there are other good WR on the board. I would probably diversify a bit more...it would be different if I got them a a round apart and there was noone else in Wayne's range, but I think there are 2-3 WR I would be fine with here.

I think Peyton is a Tier 1 QB and Reggie Tier 1 WR, but there are a couple other Tier 1 WR there.

For a 0.5 PPR league, there is still alot of good RB talent on the boards. At 1.0 PPR, I would surely be going WR heavy here, but folks are just plain ignoring the RBs. I would have possibly taken MBIII in the first round, so will take him here. I like MBIII much better than the remaining RBs (except I might have taken a chance on some rookies), but I see alot of WR I will be happy with...we'll see I guess!

I know I already have 3 RBs and it's a 2 RB starter...but I feel pretty comfotable for most of the season with what I believe to be (3) 1st Round RBs, covering byes and injuries.

Normally I go WR heavy early and load up on RBs (rookies, backups, etc) later...but the board dictates my move here.

2.02 Black : M. Barber III

Black - MBIII has good value, and there are some excellent RB choices given the .5 PPR and return yardage scoring features. If it were start 2 WR, not start 3WR, I probably would do the same and grab Bush here.

BUT....

Jennings is my choice. 2008 = 80/1292/9. The Packers schedule is average, Rodgers should be a year better/more experienced, and no targets should be lost to anyone else. Packers D might be a touch better in 2009, but that is really no reason to downgrade Jennings. They will still have to score to win in GB.

3.03 - Greg Jennings - 85-1310-8 (Safe top 5 WR...low chance of busting)

2.10 QB Peyton Manning3.01 WR Reggie Wayne
Wow, I thought this was unbelievable value for the 2/3 turn. A tier 1 QB and a tier 1 WR in a 6 pt per TD and 0.5 PPR w/3 starting WRs to go along with AP at #1 overall is astounding to me.From this man's perspective at least, it looks like 1.1 is the pick this year in ten team leagues.

Tough one between Colston and White here.

But I will roll with Marques Colston. He had a huge end of the year when he was finally healthy.

Forte

Brady

Colston

Here's where things stand:

1.1 ratbast - A. Peterson

1.2 Black - M. Jones-Drew

1.3 Mighty Mice - S. Jackson

1.4 Buffaloes - M. Forte

1.5 Choke - M. Turner

1.6 LOCO - L. Fitzgerald

1.7 the branded hand - D. Williams

1.8 laughinboy_2000 - B. Westbrook

1.9 eefflrat - D. Brees

1.10 LawFitz - L. Tomlinson

2.1 LawFitz - R. Moss

2.2 eefflrat - F. Gore

2.3 laughinboy_2000 - AJohnson

2.4 the branded hand - Clinton Portis

2.5 LOCO - Calvin Johnson

2.6 Choke - Steve Smith

2.7 Buffaloes - Tom Brady

2.8 Mighty Mice - SSlaton

2.9 Black - Chris Johnson

2.10 ratbast - Peyton Manning

3.1 ratbast - Reggie Wayne

3.2 Black - Marion Barber

3.3 Mighty Mice - Greg Jennings

3.4 Buffaloes - Marques Colston

3.5 Choke -

3.6 LOCO -

3.7 the branded hand -

3.8 laughinboy_2000 -

3.9 eefflrat -

3.10 LawFitz -

4.1 LawFitz -

4.2 eefflrat -

4.3 laughinboy_2000 -

4.4 the branded hand -

4.5 LOCO -

4.6 Choke -

4.7 Buffaloes -

4.8 Mighty Mice -

4.9 Black -

4.10 ratbast -

I'm really surprised to see Reggie Bush still on the board and to a lesser degree, T.O.

Is it Bush's injuries? In this league until he got hurt last year, he was by far an away the #1 overall player to that point in the season.

And TO, well I guess when I think about it more, it's not that big of a surprise. New situation, primadonna attitude, age. But all that said, TO has been a monster in years past in his first year with a new team and I have a feeling that will continue this season.

I'm really surprised to see Reggie Bush still on the board and to a lesser degree, T.O.

Is it Bush's injuries? In this league until he got hurt last year, he was by far an away the #1 overall player to that point in the season.

And TO, well I guess when I think about it more, it's not that big of a surprise. New situation, primadonna attitude, age. But all that said, TO has been a monster in years past in his first year with a new team and I have a feeling that will continue this season.
Had my eye on him but I think the RB depth is such that I could pass on Reggie for a stud WR considering the stud WRs would probably be gone by the time it came back to me. Drafting a QB so high threw me off a bit but I had a hard time justifying letting Brady slip any further in a 6pt td league.TO in Buffalo with Trent Edwards is too big a mystery for me this early in the draft.

I'm really surprised to see Reggie Bush still on the board and to a lesser degree, T.O.Is it Bush's injuries? In this league until he got hurt last year, he was by far an away the #1 overall player to that point in the season.And TO, well I guess when I think about it more, it's not that big of a surprise. New situation, primadonna attitude, age. But all that said, TO has been a monster in years past in his first year with a new team and I have a feeling that will continue this season.
I honestly think that Pierre Thomas is going to steal a lot touches this year in 'Nawlins. PT will definitely lead the Saints in carries. Reggie is a stud when healthy, but I could totally see the Saints lessening his load this year.

Drafting a QB so high threw me off a bit but I had a hard time justifying letting Brady slip any further in a 6pt td league.
Exactly what happened to me last year...Brady fell to me at 8, and I took him (ouch)...But, if you have a process/plan, something like that really throws it off. In this draft, I NEVER draft more than 1 RB in the first 3 rounds, and usually that's if someone falls in my lap. But here I am with 3 RBs...now what!!??

This is an easy pick.

Boldin was the #1 WR last year for a majority of the season. He averages 1400 yards with Warner at QB.

Through 12 weeks he was the NFLs leading TD reception man, despite missing 4 games. His pro rated regular season was 118-1384-14.6td.

He was beat up towards the end and limping in the playoffs, I expect him to be full strength and amongst the WR leaders.

They are even softening on contract demands with Arizona recently, but Im not sure that is an issue for 'Quan either way.

3.05 Anquan Boldin
WTF!!! :hot: :rant: Good pick Choke. You certainly did not "choke" with that pick. I had him lined up with my third pick even before the third round started. Now I must regroup and rethink my strategy. :confused:

3.06 Brandon Jacobs.

After going WR/WR time to get a rb. jacobs is a beast with 15tds last year. i could see this guy, if he stay healthy. i know big IF. could make a run at the top 5. with no true WR1. giants are going to POUND the ball.

3.06 Brandon Jacobs.After going WR/WR time to get a rb. jacobs is a beast with 15tds last year. i could see this guy, if he stay healthy. i know big IF. could make a run at the top 5. with no true WR1. giants are going to POUND the ball.
Thought about this guy with my last pick but wanted to get a WR. I think Jacobs is set for a big year especially in td heavy leagues.

3.07 Roddy White

Wanted Boldin, but...
You are actually lucky to avoid the huge WR tier drop off thats looming.
I agree that White is a cut above the next grouping, and the best pick at 3.07 based on who was left.After the Moss/Fitz/AJ/CJ tier, I see the second grouping as Smith/Jennings/Boldin/Colston/Wayne/White (In that order, for what it is worth)

And the drop between #10 and #11 is kind of a large one IMO.

3.07 Roddy White

Wanted Boldin, but...
That's why I waited to share my disappointment about Boldin being select two picks before mine. I'm glad that he went Jabobs because, as you noted, there's quite a drop off at WR... there's better value at other positions.Can't wait for the turn.

This is an easy pick.

Boldin was the #1 WR last year for a majority of the season. He averages 1400 yards with Warner at QB.

3.05 Anquan Boldin
Absolutely. I picked him late in both my drafts last year, probably 4th or 5th round and he was the #1. When he was out, he was out. When he was in, he was scoring. Very consistent, but has missed a couple of games each season the last couple of seasons.I think he's safer than SSmith, Jennings.

The only downside with 'Quan is the physicality that makes him so good. As a result, he is consistently missing time and getting nicked up. I would bump Boldin to the middle of tier 2 just for that reason. Still, the case can be made for PPG scoring to put him top 4-5. I'm just more comfortable putting him at #7 behind comparable guys less likely to miss time.

This part of the draft is where I think we see divergent strategies. Should be an interesting 4th round.

The WR dropoff is about here. It might not get back to me and my 3 RBs in time.So at 3.07 or so, we still have a bunch of RBs, Jacobs JUST taken, Ke Smith, Re. Bush, LJ, Lynch, Th Jones, McFadden, Ry Grant, Ro Brown, Addai, W. Parker, Donald Brown, Knowshown, Beanie...seems like a better draft to go WR early then stockpile like 6 of these RBs from rounds 5-11.

I did RB pairs last year starting around round 5-6 (after stockpiling WRs, QB, TE early): LenDale/CJ3; DeAngelo/Stewart....it went very well.

Who are this year's 'pairs'?

Willie Parker/Mendenhall (MMoore?)

Leon Washington/Th Jones (Shonne Green?)

McFadden/Mi Bush (Fargas?)

Chris Wells/Hightower

Fred Jackson/Lynch (Dom Rhodes?)

Re Bush / P. Thomas

D. Ward / E. Graham

McClain/Ray Rice (McGahee?)

3.07 Roddy White

Wanted Boldin, but...
That's why I waited to share my disappointment about Boldin being select two picks before mine. I'm glad that he went Jabobs because, as you noted, there's quite a drop off at WR... there's better value at other positions.Can't wait for the turn.
i agree. i see white as the last WR in the second tier and thought about taking him to corner the stud WR market. but worried that other mini rb run could start, considering the drop off at WR.

With pick 3.8 I'm taking...

WR Dwayne Bowe, KC

No Gonzo means more targets for this guy. He was already targeted a ton last year. I think Cassel and DBowe will develop some quick chemistry. This is DBowe's breakout season. I could definitely see 1200+ yards and 95 receptions and 8-10 TDs this year. That's how good he is.

Brian Westbrook

Andre Johnson

Dwayne Bowe

I like it! :shrug:

I agree that Bowe should be considered at the end of the 2nd tier.
My plan was to take Boldin and the try and snag Bowe in the fourth round. I wasn't sure how you guys felt about Bowe, but he is CERTAINLY ready to have a break out season. I honestly now that I have Bowe in the third have no clue which direction I'm going in the 4th? :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread